Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you should look at a Yamaha WR450. They lug like a tractor and don't have a hard hit when you gas it, more of a pour it on. Solid bikes. A bit heavy but a great woods or desert bike.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you should look at a Yamaha WR450. They lug like a tractor and don't have a hard hit when you gas it, more of a pour it on. Solid bikes. A bit heavy but a great woods or desert bike.
View Quote

Or the YZ450  ....comes in 2 stroke and 4 stroke.

Buddy had a 2 stroke version......no one, and I mean no one could touch him in the hare scrambles races.  He was greased lightening with afterburners.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I love these threads in GD..............

Since you've mentioned "riding 3 miles to town" it sounds like what you are looking for is something with a plate/street legal in your state.  With that as a baseline I'd recommend you get a bike that has 1) a headlight 2) a kickstand 3) an electric starter

You can get all three of those in 2 strokes and 4 strokes.  2 strokes that have all 3 items will be newer bikes and not inexpensive.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Buddy had a 2 stroke version......no one, and I mean no one could touch him in the hare scrambles races.  He was greased lightening with afterburners.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no 2 stroke YZ450.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#5]
2-stroke if you like women, 4-stroke if you like men.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love these threads in GD..............

Since you've mentioned "riding 3 miles to town" it sounds like what you are looking for is something with a plate/street legal in your state.  With that as a baseline I'd recommend you get a bike that has 1) a headlight 2) a kickstand 3) an electric starter

You can get all three of those in 2 strokes and 4 strokes.  2 strokes that have all 3 items will be newer bikes and not inexpensive.
View Quote

No shit.

recommending 450 mx bikes for putt putting in the woods and riding into town occasionally, LOL.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But there is a 465 & 490.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Air cooled bikes with drum brakes don't count.

Plus the YZ490 sucked compared to the other open bikes of the day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#9]

I really appreciate all the insight. I'll look for something 2 stroke, inexpensive.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top