Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/17/2020 8:53:20 AM EDT
A wealthy businessman will have to pay more than $50,000 a month in spousal support for 10 years to a woman with whom he had a long-term romantic relationship even though they kept separate homes and had no children together, Ontario’s top court has ruled.
View Quote

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-home-or-kids-together-but-couple-still-spouses-appeal-court-rules
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Did not read the article....
Did not need to.

One word...

Killdozer
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow...$50k a month...
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Time for a Canadian Killdozer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Canada-land.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow...$50k a month...
View Quote

Hopefully it is in CAD.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hopefully it is in CAD.
View Quote

Zimbabwe currency.

Killdozer is also a good option.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope. I'd move my assets and leave. There's nothing just about that ruling on the face of it at least.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#10]
If he did something... drastic... I would not hold it against him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn, injustice like this can push a man to start killing people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#12]
What do I take from this? If I'm a Canuck, I'm dating/fucking for 2 years or less and bailing. Moving on to the next one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree with judges. He let her quit her job, paid all her bills, big ring, proposal/acceptance just didn't sign a prenup.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe if you live together for an extended period of time you’re considered to have the same legal protections as actually being married
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I agree with judges. He let her quit her job, paid all her bills, big ring, proposal/acceptance just didn't sign a prenup.
View Quote

Guess that makes him the ultimate cuck.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I believe if you live together for an extended period of time you're considered to have the same legal protections as actually being married
View Quote

Except they were not living together.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I believe if you live together for an extended period of time you’re considered to have the same legal protections as actually being married
View Quote

They had separate homes. She DID quit her job though, so he was paying for her home it sounds like. Which is a kind of commitment in of itself. Freaking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I am guessing she was a kept woman. He probably provided all of her income and the house she was living in was considered a second home.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#20]
If I could afford $50k/mo for pussy I'm not fucking, I would color up, cash out, move to Asia and she would never see a dime.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#21]
So in Canada, living separately is now considered living together.

What is most interesting is that the relationship ended when she refused to sign a marriage contract, which I took to mean a Canadian prenup... indicating they both didn't think they were married.

The $50k payments for 10 years happened after appeal as the payments were initially indefinite but the higher court decided they were common law wed at a later date so she didn't qualify for lifetime pays.

Interesting that Canada still has common law marriage. Florida did away with it in 1968.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow.   Now you can't even become romantically involved.   ETA: Dump her before 3 years.

Under Ontario law, an unmarried couple are considered common-law spouses if they have cohabited — lived together in a conjugal relationship — continuously for at least three years. But that doesn’t necessarily mean living in the same home, the court found.

“Lack of a shared residence is not determinative of the issue of cohabitation,” the Appeal Court said. “There are many cases in which courts have found cohabitation where the parties stayed together only intermittently.”

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#23]
He was dumb enough to get involved with a 38 year old and he was rich? He deserves it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#24]
"Latner proposed several times and Climans accepted. He often referred to her by his last name. However, he insisted she sign a marriage contract and came up with several drafts. She refused."

Then she gets nothing.

If i were him, and as rich as the article implies, I would buy the house next to hers and use it for my younger, hotter harem of community college cheerleaders. For 2 years and 9 months. Then I would break up with them, lease that house to someone, find a new harem to amuse me for 2 years and 9 months, and house them on the opposite side of her property.

After 5.5 years, I would probably be bored and buy a boat.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm sure a hit man and airtight alibi is a lot less than $6 million.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#26]
50k buys a lot of hitman.  Plenty to go around, too, for people who try to make trouble after the fact.

Judges are the cockiest people on Earth.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wow.   Now you can't even become romantically involved.   ETA: Dump her before 3 years.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Under Ontario law, an unmarried couple are considered common-law spouses if they have cohabited — lived together in a conjugal relationship — continuously for at least three years. But that doesn’t necessarily mean living in the same home, the court found.

“Lack of a shared residence is not determinative of the issue of cohabitation,” the Appeal Court said. “There are many cases in which courts have found cohabitation where the parties stayed together only intermittently.”

I wonder how intermittently; like, could he bang a prostitute every other week to reset the clock?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I imagine the unintended consequences of this ruling are going to end up being quite good for whores, and quite bad for women who comport themselves with dignity.  Exactly the desired result I'm sure.........
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So in Canada, living separately is now considered living together.

What is most interesting is that the relationship ended when she refused to sign a marriage contract, which I took to mean a Canadian prenup... indicating they both didn't think they were married.

The $50k payments for 10 years happened after appeal as the payments were initially indefinite but the higher court decided they were common law wed at a later date so she didn't qualify for lifetime pays.

Interesting that Canada still has common law marriage. Florida did away with it in 1968.
View Quote

Hell in Virginia you can get charged with illegal co-habitation.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't.

I agree with personal responsibility. Was she so god damned helpless that she couldn't possibly make her own decisions and now "deserves" $50k a month?

It's easy to identify the entitlement class, because they always self-identify.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#31]
This is BS! Yes he proposed, but he also insisted on a prenup and she refused to sign. Even after coming up with several versions. It sounds like dude just said "fuck it" I'll keep her as a girlfriend. Stay in my own house and get the milk for free. The fact that she quit her job has no bearing on this case. We have no idea why she quit. Maybe she was getting fired. Lots of reasons.

This is the most important part of the story:
Latner proposed several times and Climans accepted. He often referred to her by his last name. However, he insisted she sign a marriage contract and came up with several drafts. She refused.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#32]
This is the ground work for a time when the majority of men refuse to marry because of unfair divorce.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#33]
“Lack of a shared residence is not determinative of the issue of cohabitation,” the Appeal Court said.
View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#34]
The real systemic injustice. Nobody wants to talk about this though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#35]
A $6 MILLION fucking for the fucking he got!

Unreal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm going to guess the guy was a geek that made a lot of money, first steady stream of pussy he started getting and he put it on a pedestal.  Her keeping a separate residence leads me to believe she was playing him from day 1, or at best, was only half in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Say what?

An imbecile is not that stupid.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A $6 MILLION fucking for the fucking he got!

Unreal.
View Quote

And paid off her mortgage. And all expenses for 15 years. And luxurious vacations. And expensive diamonds/gifts. And she didn't have to work. And paid for her kids expenses.

How it should actually work: she now has to pay him back for all of that. There's some incentive to not fall out of love.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
50k buys a lot of hitman.  Plenty to go around, too, for people who try to make trouble after the fact.

Judges are the cockiest people on Earth.
View Quote
Hitman of the Month club.  You should see the gift basket.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am guessing she was a kept woman. He probably provided all of her income and the house she was living in was considered a second home.

View Quote

Who cares?

She agreed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Okay ,no personal responsibility on the person that actually quits their job.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Western society is founded on the family, and the ordered hierarchy it brings.

The push of this kind of thing is to make marriage and families so risky, so dangerous, that they never form.  Men are just laborers that pay ever growing taxes, women breeders, and the kids are either sacrificed to moloch, or used by the state in its vast indoctrination camp system.

Welcome to hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The push of this kind of thing is to make marriage and families so risky, so dangerous, that they never form.  Men are just laborers that pay ever growing taxes, women breeders, and the kids are either sacrificed to moloch, or used by the state in its vast indoctrination camp system.

Welcome to hell.
View Quote
Sometimes ... the case for gay marriage ... just makes itself.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He supporting her as a common law wife.  I would say 1 years worth of support would be fair. 10 is crazy.

8nBAIT

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Welcome to hell.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#47]
6 Million payout for a GIRLFRIEND he NEVER LIVED WITH. Men will just not deal with this, we're OUT.

This guy does a good job covering such things.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think she should get a dime after he/she/they decided to call it quits.

If you made the case that he should give her a few months of support so she can figure out her life, and plan her next cuck,  I might buy that.
She should have saved his money for a rainy day.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Swiss account

Non-extradition country

Peace out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top