[#2]
Looks like more #FakeNews

Why do people throw out all these fake headlines
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3 groups.

yeah sailors for now but that much firepower tends to involve Soldiers, Airmen, and Marines too.  Maybe not right away but soon enough.

looks like Trump wants to get it on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stay safe, soldiers. Stay safe.

Sailors.
3 groups.

yeah sailors for now but that much firepower tends to involve Soldiers, Airmen, and Marines too.  Maybe not right away but soon enough.

looks like Trump wants to get it on.
Eventually something will need to be impregnated and/or have dicks drawn on it.
Hence why they bring the Marines with them
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So whats the gameplan if it actually comes to itshappening.gif? Insanely large coordinated barrage of cruise missiles from every ship and sub in the area to disable as much anti-air as possible immediately followed by a massive air bombing campaign on all known nork arty positions and strategic targets. Land invasion?
View Quote
Last year we stationed a handful of B2's at Guam temporarily.  Considering the number of eyes watching Whiteman at any given time, and that Guam is within un-refueled range of Best Korea for the B2....
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#5]
are there any reputable news sources with news of this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if someone is trying to saber rattle for Trump. I only ask because I haven't seen a mainstream source, not like that would make a difference these days. Its all noise, fakes news, and selective reporting.

That's just a whole lotta boom in one area. Maybe it'll just be a float by. Keep one group there and the others just roll on by waving at FatBoy. Bet that makes him shit his Hillaries.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Just saw this... Doesn't say much but it mentions "fleet of US aircraft carriers heading to North Korean waters"

Article
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#8]
What at least 1 tico, and 2 or 3 burkes in each group...maybe an ssgn tagging along...thats a lot of TLAMs. Like multiple hundreds.  Then toss in what...9 squadrons of fixed wing...sheeeeeeit.  lil Kim needs to pick up the phone and start talking nice before he ends up in a ditch with a broom handle crammed up his ass by his own people. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Last year we stationed a handful of B2's at Guam temporarily.  Considering the number of eyes watching Whiteman at any given time, and that Guam is within un-refueled range of Best Korea for the B2....
View Quote
Did Guam tip the fuck over with all that weight?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
3 CBGs?  That's a lot of fly bys and shirtless volleyball.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing on Drudge
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Is the Sea of Japan confined enough to be a dangerous place for a large portion of US fleet?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Has this been confirmed or proven false?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes but how many ESGs are in the area? I'd think that'd be a bigger indication of something about to kick off. 
View Quote
This.  CSG's don't take anything.

ESG's with their landing ships and ship-to-shore-connectors do.  How many Marines floating around out there?

One ESG as part of each CSG?  Are there 3,000 trigger pullers out there?

Enough to take a major port and a major airfield and hold them pursuant to offloading and landing heavy equipment and Army troops.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After the last 8 years, we have 3 functional groups??
View Quote
My first thought, last I heard there were several carriers confined to port for service or was I misinformed?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Doubt its real but if so...

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Has this been confirmed or proven false?
View Quote
No reputable news source has carried it yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just saw this... Doesn't say much but it mentions "fleet of US aircraft carriers heading to North Korean waters"

Article
View Quote
But it only mentions the Vinson in the article.

It's sensationalist bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My first thought, last I heard there were several carriers confined to port for service or was I misinformed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like Nimitz has been prepping for a new deployment after two years of deep maintenance and upgrades, this press release says they were re-training with their battle group in the Pacific just last week.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#20]
If true, that's going to put a new definition to shock and awe.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#21]
From another forum:

At Sea (fwd deploy)
Vinson + CSG: Off North Korea
Reagan + CSG: Yokosuka – just finished a Selected Restricted Availability getting ready for sea as of 11 Apr.
Bush + CSG: MED Cruise – was in the Persian Gulf until 11 Apr now at sea (where - ?)

At Sea (training)
Ike + CSG: off the Carolinas on a SUSTEX (exercising optimized fleet response plan)
Nimitz +CSG: off SOCAL on COMPUTEX (composite trainex for deployment)

Available for surge
Roosevelt: was on TSTA/FEP off SOCAL returned to North Island 11 April
Washington was conducting FRS carquals off Emerald Isle returned to Norfolk (When - ?)

The question marks appear because the Navy quit updating open source ship positions on 11 April.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#22]
How does that command system work if it was true?

Three carrier groups would be the equivalent of a field army?

A theatre?

Who commands the carriers working together?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#23]
IN before low quality Nork movie depicting the sinking of three Imperialist carrier battle groups.

TC
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sailors.
View Quote
SHIPMATE!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A theatre?

View Quote
Probably which ever Capt that has a tattoo on his penis
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Three carrier groups wouldn`t put a dent in my fireant issue
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#27]
If fake news should be criminal. Yellow Journalism at its finest
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A theatre?

View Quote
The carrier strike groups are part of bigger fleets (Third Fleet, Fourth Fleet, etc.), which are part of even bigger fleets (Pacific Fleet, Fleet Forces Command, etc.).

Beyond that, there's the entire command that incorporates the other branches. In this case it's the Pacific Command.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Wasn't the Vinson diverted from their port call?

Maybe they're just being relieved...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Unconfirmed ?

I will wait for this story to be confirmed before getting all uppity and excited about it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By @dillehayd :

3 complete strike groups, if real, means only 1 thing.
View Quote
'Merica's got her balls back!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The carrier strike groups are part of bigger fleets (Third Fleet, Fourth Fleet, etc.), which are part of even bigger fleets (Pacific Fleet, Fleet Forces Command, etc.).

Beyond that, there's the entire command that incorporates the other branches. In this case it's the Pacific Command.
View Quote
Got it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Meanwhile, at the Best Korea/China border:

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Based on this it looks like the Nimitz was scheduled to be under going heavy overhaul.
https://news.usni.org/2015/12/22/uss-nimitz-to-remain-in-bremerton-until-2019-to-avoid-homeport-changes-between-maintenance-periods

If they expedited repairs and put to sea, that should let you know everything you need to know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#35]
As much as I hate the thought shit probably needs to get done before Lil Kim really does get the ability.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#36]
No idea if this is a real news site, but this shows up in Google News.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201704171052700019-three-us-aircraft-carriers-korean-peninsula/
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From another forum:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
From another forum:

At Sea (fwd deploy)
Vinson + CSG: Off North Korea
Reagan + CSG: Yokosuka – just finished a Selected Restricted Availability getting ready for sea as of 11 Apr.
Bush + CSG: MED Cruise – was in the Persian Gulf until 11 Apr now at sea (where - ?)

At Sea (training)
Ike + CSG: off the Carolinas on a SUSTEX (exercising optimized fleet response plan)
Nimitz +CSG: off SOCAL on COMPUTEX (composite trainex for deployment)

Available for surge
Roosevelt: was on TSTA/FEP off SOCAL returned to North Island 11 April
Washington was conducting FRS carquals off Emerald Isle returned to Norfolk (When - ?)

The question marks appear because the Navy quit updating open source ship positions on 11 April.
If that's not a red flag that something is brewing, I don't know what is. Anyone know how often the USN has stopped posting CSG positions before in the past, and for what reasons?

6 days is enough for any of those CSG's to have relocated almost 5000 miles by now.

There's plenty of bullshit news out there, but in this case I'm a little concerned that it might be true.  A decapitation strike against Pyongyang *might* work, but only if the Chinese were totally on board with it, and only if complete surprise was accomplished. NK isn't Iraq, if Trump thinks that parking off the coast and launching punitive F/A-18 sorties will make Kim's dick look small and send him home sobbing, the fallout could be cataclysmic. Seoul is the hostage, and if their command structure is left functional enough after a strike to issue orders, tens of thousands of SK citizens are dead.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Nothing is gonna happen.  Nothing ever happens.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If that's not a red flag that something is brewing, I don't know what is. Anyone know how often the USN has stopped posting CSG positions before in the past, and for what reasons?

6 days is enough for any of those CSG's to have relocated almost 5000 miles by now.

There's plenty of bullshit news out there, but in this case I'm a little concerned that it might be true.  A decapitation strike against Pyongyang *might* work, but only if the Chinese were totally on board with it, and only if complete surprise was accomplished. NK isn't Iraq, if Trump thinks that parking off the coast and launching punitive F/A-18 sorties will make Kim's dick look small and send him home sobbing, the fallout could be cataclysmic. Seoul is the hostage, and if their command structure is left functional enough after a strike to issue orders, tens of thousands of SK citizens are dead.
View Quote
The Navy suddenly ceasing ship position updates 6 days ago is interesting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Badddd idea
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Navy suddenly ceasing ship position updates 6 days ago is interesting.
View Quote
Interesting, but is it unusual?

(honest question... don't know one way or another whether this is really significant, or something that happens all the time)
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So whats the gameplan if it actually comes to itshappening.gif?
View Quote
Unlike the last eight years, we'll probably learn what the game plan is a couple of days after it happens
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#44]
http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/politics/2017/04/16/0505000000AKR20170416049452014.HTML?template=2087

Google translate needed...

According to a report by South Korea's primary news outlet, Yonhap, the Pentagon has directed a total of three US aircraft carriers toward the Korean Peninsula, citing a South Korean government source.

Yonhap reports that in addition to the CVN-70 Carl Vinson, which is expected to arrive off the South Korean coast on April 25, the CVN-76 Ronald Reagan - currently in home port in Yokosuka, Japan - and the CVN-68 Nimitz carrier group - currently undergoing final pre-deployment assessment, Composite Training Unit Exercise off Oregon - will enter the Sea of Japan next week.  According to the senior government official. the US and South Korea are discussing joint drills, which will include the three aircraft carriers and other ships.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-17/us-deploys-two-more-aircraft-carriers-toward-korean-peninsula-yonhap

US Deploys Two More Aircraft Carriers Toward Korean Peninsula: Yonhap
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Its Yonhap-pening

Edit : Beat by 16 seconds...but i am trademarking "Yonhappening" (TM) (C)
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Trump Considering "Kinetic Military Action" On North Korea Including "Sudden Strike"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-16/mcmaster-rules-nothing-out-as-trump-team-mulls-north-korea-moves
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Should all of these assets be in such close proximity?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any confirmation on this?

That's a shit ton of firepower.
The hookers are gonna have a pay day..
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#49]
This could be intended mostly as a warning to China to get N. Korea back in line.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Its Yonhap-pening

Edit : Beat by 16 seconds...but i am trademarking "Yonhappening" (TM) (C)
View Quote
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top