Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an ancient Holo sight still going before Eotech was Eotech.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My EOTech was hot garbage, and I've seen two others go down. Fuck EOTechs.

Aimpoint is all that's necessary for a 1X dedicated optic.
View Quote
SOCOM and those who fight in combat every day on multiple continents disagree with you
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sure, but you have to answer how and why for any kind of application or use.

The HK416 is a perfect example.

ETA: Did they underbid Aimpoint, do they treat them as consumables, do they use other optics to supplement them, is it a battery issue, are these being used under a specific mission, are they more rugged(lol), institutional inbreeding, preferred reticle.

I could go on...

Basing anything off of "muh sof" is fucking stupid unless you can answer why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bEsT wArRiOrS
That sof budget can get them anything, and they came back to mamma.

ETA: Did they underbid Aimpoint, do they treat them as consumables, do they use other optics to supplement them, is it a battery issue, are these being used under a specific mission, are they more rugged(lol), institutional inbreeding, preferred reticle.

I could go on...

If they wanted Aimpoints all they would need to do is join the Army contract.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those green reticle Eotechs out yet? I want one.
View Quote
I wish they could make one that can go from red to green like Vortex.

That green dot is easier to see sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I could go on...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bEsT wArRiOrS

I could go on...

I would look and see what the former SOF types who are running classes are using.

I'm mean the ones who aren't being paid sponsors for  optic companies that is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which model is the go to one these days? I wouldn't mind having an EOTech, but don't have the money to devote to another expensive optic at the moment. I'm happy with my Aimpoint T-1 and love the battery life, size/weight, and durability.
View Quote
I tried to like the T-1. Like you the battery, the small size, very durable but, but I am faster and more accurate with the EOTech any EOTech.

I sold most of them and bought a bunch of XPS2s.
Don't need NV on these (Ever try and use them with head mounted NV? Waste of time)
L3 has always fixed any problem free and fast even on older ones.

I can use whatever I want and these work great even if the battery only lasts 3 years with heavy use

I even mounted one on my Sig Pistol
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Eotech is best tech
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I could go on...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bEsT wArRiOrS

I could go on...

I shot a match with a bunch of SF last year & they all had eotechs on their rifles.

Another guy asked one what their thoughts were on all the problems eotech was having & he shrugged his shoulders and said that the only problems they've had were when they were just absolutely crushed somehow. He said that they kept using them because they were the best red dots available.

After talking to him I built an ultralight upper & put an eotech on it. After a year & a half of running it hard it's never missed a beat. I like them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shocking Sig didnt win it

Their hookers must be able to suck the chrome off a trailer hitch
View Quote
Sig doesn't yet have anything comparable. Shouldn't really be a surprise, nothing else performs like the Eotechs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I still like my 512.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What does this even mean? You zero'd at 1 yard and there was a shift at 50? More details...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i used to be a aimpoint fan boy till i found a 12 MOA  shift at 50 yards T1....under 2 moa with my xps 3
What does this even mean? You zero'd at 1 yard and there was a shift at 50? More details...
Aimpoint T1s have a measurable tested parallax issue. Up to 9 MOA in some tests.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I shot a match with a bunch of SF last year & they all had eotechs on their rifles.

Another guy asked one what their thoughts were on all the problems eotech was having & he shrugged his shoulders and said that the only problems they've had were when they were just absolutely crushed somehow. He said that they kept using them because they were the best red dots available.

After talking to him I built an ultralight upper & put an eotech on it. After a year & a half of running it hard it's never missed a beat. I like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bEsT wArRiOrS

I could go on...

Sure. I'll be honest and say I've only used one a few times so it's not like I'm trying to claim any kind of SME status here, nor am I really trying to dissuade others from purchasing them.

It's just critical thought should be applied to these choices and just because they're SOF doesnt mean the appeal to authority is any less of a fallacy.

Unless it's for clone accuracy or cool look factor I guess.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#13]
They're simply awesome sights!

Poor battery life, heavy, hit or miss operating...what's not to love?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top