Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Why bother . The National Felon League is fast dying on the vine. Three big advertisers bailed out and I saw a commercial advertising the half time show.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spending millions on fuel to support an organization that hates you and the country you serve. Makes sense.
View Quote

Or we could spend that money flying circles in the air.  The crews need x hours flying.  Better to get a little good publicity, for the money.  Besides, it never hurts " To show the flag".
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Didn’t the pilot get in trouble for that?

Also gotta add that I love your avatar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it doesn't look like this they aren't trying hard enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ufA8j3XAhc

Didn’t the pilot get in trouble for that?

Also gotta add that I love your avatar.

Yes I think he did. Like last flight type stuff. Hopefully someone can come along with better knowledge.

As far as my avatar, I wish I were in the picture or taking it, but alas I wasn't. It was taken on the lake my parents live on. The .mil come by to bomb the damn for practice all the time.

Here's the vid where I got the screen cap:

A-10s Flyby Over Lake Blackshear
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The Warthog is a cooler airplane than any of those.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather have sex with the gun fighter tranny than watch this shit unless they are dropping booms.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol

The flyover is not meant to “support” the NFL.

The flyover is for recruiting purposes.

ETA:  it’s also for general marketing purposes and good PR for the military industrial complex.  
The flyover is definitely badass and kickass but it’s also basically a commercial promoting swampy deep state wars.

I’d like to see the flyover (because ‘Murica) but I’ll have miss it because F the NFL.
View Quote

Well said.  

I'll add the folks doing the flyover think its a blast, or at least they did in '17 when I had a family member who took part in the Super Bowl flyover.

Hking
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Flyovers are cool, but I won't be seeing it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NFL sportsball?  Unless they're dropping JDAMs, no care.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Air Force performs historic flyover during Super Bowl LV in Tampa
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Super Bowl 55 flyover B52 (Buff) B1 (Bone) & B2 (Bomerang).
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Edit:  I don’t give a fuck about the nfl or the super bowl. I just thought this flyover is a cool exercise.

Bone
B-2
BUFF

‘Murica
View Quote

Damn well better have all black pilots! Otherwise fuck all-ya-all racisisisissss.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:01:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thought the bone was dead.?
View Quote

Current status is a 2024-2025 start to transition to the B-21 then 2036 EOW....
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:30:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd rather have sex with the gun fighter tranny than watch this shit unless they are dropping booms.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:47:35 AM EDT
[#15]
fNFL
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Spending millions on fuel to support an organization that hates you and the country you serve. Makes sense.
View Quote

He's right you know.gif

True dat!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I got to see it in person, in fact I was standing under them as they came up from Macdill AFB, wow, amazing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought the bone was dead.?

pretty much this

I watched only because I'm biased...I used to work on the BUFF that did the flyover (that particular jet was temperamental bitch) and am now assigned to the unit that Bone is in....that jet is part of the other Sq here at Ellsworth
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:40:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm  on Anna Maria island, south of Tampa.  Heard one fly over around 608pm, went out to see it and it was gone.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounded like quite a bit of changes in engine speed.  How difficult is it for them to fly formation at such a slow speed?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#21]
TTG
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sounded like quite a bit of changes in engine speed.  How difficult is it for them to fly formation at such a slow speed?
View Quote

I would imagine it's difficult for the B-52 to fly in general, not to mention formation flying with other aircraft.

On the other hand, this is a good training sortie for bomber pilots especially, being able to coordinate arriving at a designated target at the same time can be crucial to bombing operations in combat.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Did they make sure that the planes were crewed with only BIPOCs, women, and trannies, to keep up with the Social Justice Bowl theme this year?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Or we could spend that money flying circles in the air.  The crews need x hours flying.  Better to get a little good publicity, for the money.  Besides, it never hurts " To show the flag".
View Quote

That's a garbage excuse. If the best training plan they can come up with is "fly around in circles for flight hours" then they should lose their wings and their commanders should be fired. There is negligible training benefits for this and huge costs purely for ego.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's a garbage excuse. If the best training plan they can come up with is "fly around in circles for flight hours" then they should lose their wings and their commanders should be fired. There is negligible training benefits for this and huge costs purely for ego.
View Quote

Pro Tip:  check the label on your medication bottles.  Most say to take your grumpy gramps pills just before you go to bed, not first thing in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Trifecta flight = celebrate taking house, senate, and presidency
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#27]
A BONE, a BUFF, and a B-2 fly over the Super Bowl....and miss their target.

Fly ARMY!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Waste of money IMO
View Quote

You know they fly them on the reg even if there's no ball game right?
Like training and stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did they make sure that the planes were crewed with only BIPOCs, women, and trannies, to keep up with the Social Justice Bowl theme this year?
View Quote

You’re more right than you realize.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#30]
The fans seemed to appreciate it, which is positive.
Did the players kneel and flip of the planes?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, the lead pilot was a woman so they got points for THAT but,...........she was from WHITEMAN AFB...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Which was out of position; BUFF, BONE, or B2?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#33]

IMHO, just getting those huge bastards that close and at that slow of a speed is a phenomenal feat.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

IMHO, just getting those huge bastards that close and at that slow of a speed is a phenomenal feat.
View Quote

Oh, I completely agree.  The BUFF really appeared to be working the throttles hard.  I’m just curious if he was a bit loose, she was a bit right, or the B1 was a bit left.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top