The Peacekeeper had 10 MIRV 300 kiloton  warheads
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Peacekeeper was a real monster.

It was treaty limitations which caused it to go away, not any problem with the missile itself.  If we were to actually work at it we probably could have had a new nuke bomb which would fit a 20 MIRV warhead on a Peacekeeper.

Sometimes I think we should just call Putin's bluff and agree that it's time to walk away from all those Cold War era treaties.  The PRC is the only nation that benefits from them anymore.

Time to dust off the neutron bomb schematics?

The Peacekeeper had 10 MIRV 300 kiloton  warheads

Bump that to 20 and you could take out an Iran/Pakistan sized country with a single missile launch.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#2]
When I worked for CAT I was told these were a spinoff from the development of the tractor used to tow MX missles around underground. Not sure how true.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top