BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Ok so lets say we don't give up Puerto Rico what is this "or else" the UN is talking about?
A strongly-worded resolution

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ahhh here it is:

www.un.org/Depts/dpi/decolonization/trust2.htm

Puerto Rico is listed there.

So is Alaska and Hawaii as well.

yeah, whats that about? and notice which countries are on that list and which arent? (ahemchinaahem)
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:44:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok so lets say we don't give up Puerto Rico what is this "or else" the UN is talking about?
A strongly-worded resolution

They'll send troops to force us to do it. Oh wait, those would be our own troops.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
PR doesn't want us to "release" them.  They know that without U.S. money they'd become Haiti or the Dominican Republic before they became the Virgin Islands.  Their economy is utterly dependent on U.S. dollars.

By the way, the U.N. can suck it... that useless bunch of corrupt cocksuckers.

Hey, I like PR... beautiful beaches, hot wimmins, good food.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
COME AND GET IT!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought Puerto Rico wanted to become the 51st state?

Actually, every time they have a referendum, Puerto Ricans reject both statehood and independence.

Every referendum has predictable results. The majority wants things the way they are, 2nd place wants statehood, and the independence people tell their supporters to not vote so they can claim to have more numbers than they do. Puerto Ricans have been citizens since 1917, and served in every war America has fought in since. Screw the UN!

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]
*wave*
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The UN Decolonization Team just wrote an order for President Soetoro to release Puerto Rico:

http://vivirlatino.com/2009/06/17/un-committee-approves-text-calling-on-us-to-expedite-prs-self-determination.php

They want Barry to give back Veiques Island, pay for it's decontamination, release all Puerto Rican political prisoners in Federal prison. They want Puerto Rico stripped from the US.

That's 4 million Americans. China has been heading a successful campaign in the UN  as it leads the Decolonization Team and in December got 177 countries to vote and pass an order to release all colonies they have listed by 2010 or ELSE. They haven't defined what they will do if they are not released by 2010.

The British flipped their finger up and took full control of one of their colonies saying it's leader was corrupt. The US hasn't done that to Guam because Guam is a big political campaign contributor to the Clinton pocket book (Carl Guiterrez)....but you won't ever hear a Guam politician ever utter the word "decolonization" because they know they can get away with corruption as long as that word is never used.

Hey did you know President's Soetoro's Supreme Court pick also supports stripping Puerto Rico from the US? Well that should tell us what is going to happen soon eh?

Buh bye Puerto Rico. You sucked us dry long enough anyways. Maybe the IRS will move their operations there back to the US so we can get jobs?

Too bad PR doesn't want it.

The UN takes this decolinization shit too far.  PR, the Virgin Islands, etc are not colonies.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know where we can save $22,093,054,016 in tax-payer dollars right now.  

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project/by_state/PR

It's time to sink or swim on your own P.R.

You think we'd just turn off the flow of money to them?

Didn't we give $900 million to the Palestinians after they launched rocket attacks on one of our allies?  If we give almost a billion to belligerents, I'd imagine those who are "friendly" will get more.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Let me see here.....

The PR wants to stay the way it is..... they're US Citizens.

According to 8 U.S.C. § 1408, it is possible to be a U.S. national without being a U.S. citizen. A person whose only connection to the U.S. is through birth in an outlying possession (which as of 2005 is limited to American Samoa and Swains Island). Not all U.S. nationals are U.S. citizens; all U.S. citizens are U.S. nationals. The U.S. passport bio-page shows one’s status as either a citizen or a non-citizen national. Noncitizen U.S. nationals may reside and work in the United States without restrictions, and may apply for citizenship under the same rules as other resident aliens. Like other aliens, U.S. nationals who are not citizens are not prevented from voting in state and federal elections by the federal government, but are not allowed in any U.S. state to vote in federal elections.

Also the PR is home to major Pharmaceutical Companies......

In the end..... if the PR wants to leave the Union.... fine by me. I truly believe that the next vote should remove the status quo and leave it at Statehood or Independence.

It is time for them to shit or get off the pot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, does this mean that the Chinese will release Tibet at the same time?

Tibet doesn't want complete Independence, they want autonomy within China.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I believe it was less than 3yrs ago Puerto Rico had a national referendum on whether to become the 51st state.  It was voted down by a majority.

I say cut 'em loose and withdrawl all funding.

+1.  If they don't want to be a part of this country, fine.  I see no reason to keep them around.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, does this mean that the Chinese will release Tibet at the same time?

Tibet doesn't want complete Independence, they want autonomy within China.

Because that is most politically acceptable outrageous claim, to Chinese ears.  Anyone who speaks the reality that the Tibeteans are being genocided by the Chinese, and would rather be independent, is going to be a test subject in the laogai for how well Tibetean eyes conduct electricity.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The UN Decolonization Team just wrote an order for President Soetoro to release Puerto Rico:

http://vivirlatino.com/2009/06/17/un-committee-approves-text-calling-on-us-to-expedite-prs-self-determination.php

They want Barry to give back Veiques Island, pay for it's decontamination, release all Puerto Rican political prisoners in Federal prison. They want Puerto Rico stripped from the US.

That's 4 million Americans. China has been heading a successful campaign in the UN  as it leads the Decolonization Team and in December got 177 countries to vote and pass an order to release all colonies they have listed by 2010 or ELSE. They haven't defined what they will do if they are not released by 2010.

The British flipped their finger up and took full control of one of their colonies saying it's leader was corrupt. The US hasn't done that to Guam because Guam is a big political campaign contributor to the Clinton pocket book (Carl Guiterrez)....but you won't ever hear a Guam politician ever utter the word "decolonization" because they know they can get away with corruption as long as that word is never used.

Hey did you know President's Soetoro's Supreme Court pick also supports stripping Puerto Rico from the US? Well that should tell us what is going to happen soon eh?

Buh bye Puerto Rico. You sucked us dry long enough anyways. Maybe the IRS will move their operations there back to the US so we can get jobs?

Sure, right after CHINA GETS THE FUCK OUT OF TIBET!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
PR doesn't want us to "release" them.  They know that without U.S. money they'd become Haiti or the Dominican Republic before they became the Virgin Islands.  Their economy is utterly dependent on U.S. dollars.

By the way, the U.N. can suck it... that useless bunch of corrupt cocksuckers.

Hey, I like PR... beautiful beaches, hot wimmins, good food.

They'd probably be worse than DR but  better than Haiti. They would have brain drain and there is nothing else in that island.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
......sounds like a splendid idea.......station the UN in Puerto Rico and release them both. Got my vote. anyone second the motion?

Can we still bomb it?

Nope, the Vieques range was closed a few years ago.
They closed Roosevelt Roads too, that was one of my favorite places to go on det.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top