User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If its safe enough for helicopter gunships..."Spectre" should be on the loose.

View Quote

Too effective.  0bama doesn't actually want ISIS/ISIL defeated, just to look like we are fighting them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Where ever these Apaches are stationed in Iraq, I hope there are Americans providing security. I don't think I like the idea of "allied" Muslims or Iraqi
security forces guarding our troops and assets in country.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm surprised no one is pissed that the helicopters have Indian names like the NFL has the Redskins in here
View Quote

Someone was: WaPo: The U.S. military’s ongoing slur of Native Americans
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't realize we still had rotary wings in Iraq. Are they flying out of BIAP or Taji?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My question, too.  If I had to guess, i would say the SAR assets are there but if you go down in a nest of ISIS, you will soon star in your own youtube vid.

TC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do we have support in place  if one goes down?

My question, too.  If I had to guess, i would say the SAR assets are there but if you go down in a nest of ISIS, you will soon star in your own youtube vid.

TC

A while back, they had some MV-22's stationed at an air base in Iraqi Kurdistan, and I'm guessing they were there for CSAR / TARP. Not sure what they might have down in Baghdad (but I hope it's not just at the airport waiting to get shelled).
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#6]
on the route I take to our hunting camp from FL to AL, I pass several aux fields related to Ricker.  They each have their own purpose and A/C that are typically there.  The last stretch is the Apache hunting grounds.

Freaks the fuck out of you when one of those bastards pop up from behind the tree line.  Especially at night.  You'd never know if you were being targeted.  One minute those guys are fucking goats, the next they're asking Allah, "WTF just happened?"

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top