Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/drigli_/status/1665936169547317249/mediaviewer[/tweet]
View Quote

Don't bother.  The video was posted on the first page before he even made that post.  He is not interested in facts.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's quite a hypothetical but I'll play.

"Ukraine would not stop the flow of water to Crimeans because Ukraine are the good guys here and clearly claim the moral high ground in this war. They would never let people starve or die from lack of water. The Ukrainians would never needlessly hurt others. Right? "

Can't believe I typed that, LOL.

Right? The Ukes are the good guys?
View Quote

Hypothetical? You don't need to speculate.   Ukraine previously cut the peninsula's reservoir access off.  There's every chance they would have done so again to ratchet up the pressure.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Don't bother.  The video was posted on the first page before he even made that post.  He is not interested in facts.
View Quote

That video is not from yesterday. It's from 2022. That's the video that shows proof Ukraine attacked it's own dam.

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-viral-video-of-the-kakhovka-dam-explosion-is-old/a-65839380

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nova-kakhovka-dam-video/

https://fullfact.org/online/nova-kakhovka-dam-video-explosion/

You've been propagandized again
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"Ukraine would not stop the flow of water to Crimeans because Ukraine are the good guys here and clearly claim the moral high ground in this war. They would never let people starve or die from lack of water. The Ukrainians would never needlessly hurt others. Right? "

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much benefit were they going to get from the reservoir if Ukraine retook the canal that feeds Crimea from the reservoir?

They already blocked off the water supply once. It was damn near a guarantee they’d do it again.

But hey, making up arguments to counter instead of the ones actually presented is an interesting strategy to make sure you never have to admit you are clueless. It’s hilarious that you lecture others on not knowing history, and then turn around and smugly claim that Ukraine cutting off water to Crimea is some absurd hypothetical.

You don’t know shit about war, you don’t know shit about history. Is it safe to assume your avatar is essentially cosplay?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They had complete control of the kerch straight bridge too.  Still went poof.

Gotta wait for actual evidence.  If the Russians did it I'd expect our side will publish some evidence.  Lack of evidence will be problematic.
View Quote

There is an order of magnitude difference in the amount of explosives needed to breach a dam and to pop the road bed off a bridge. That’s why it’s hard to see how Ukraine did this with the resources available to them. Blowing up dams is incredibly difficult unless you attack the the back face, which would be very hard since it was at capacity or mined the interior, and which they did not have access to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If so, I've certainly come to the right thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s some Olympic level gymnastics there.

If so, I've certainly come to the right thread.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That video is not from yesterday. It's from 2022. That's the video that shows proof Ukraine attacked it's own dam.

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-viral-video-of-the-kakhovka-dam-explosion-is-old/a-65839380

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit. Arf embed function DOA again
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

They rightly did it already. It was one of Russias pretexts for the full invasion. If given the opportunity, they would have closed the canal again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, a 1.5 km long dam is going to laugh off even a missile with a couple hundred pounds of explosives.
View Quote

Yeah but not Zelensky in a Lancaster with a bouncing bomb that Ukraine has had in storage for 87 years!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is an order of magnitude difference in the amount of explosives needed to breach a dam and to pop the road bed off a bridge. That’s why it’s hard to see how Ukraine did this with the resources available to them. Blowing up dams is incredibly difficult unless you attack the the back face, which would be very hard since it was at capacity or mined the interior, and which they did not have access to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They had complete control of the kerch straight bridge too.  Still went poof.

Gotta wait for actual evidence.  If the Russians did it I'd expect our side will publish some evidence.  Lack of evidence will be problematic.

It blew up at night at well. Missiles would have been highly visible. Artillery would also have been very obvious and would have hit all over the place.

None of that happened. Whoever blew it up did so by planting explosives.

(Edit: typos)
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They rightly did it already. It was one of Russias pretexts for the full invasion. If given the opportunity, they would have closed the canal again.
View Quote

Stop remembering past things.   You're only supposed to know current thing Cucker said.

Only current thing matters.   Past thing is a globalist plot.   Because Zelensky is gay or something.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Edit. Arf embed function DOA again
View Quote

Did you watch those videos? Neither confirm nor claim that Russia blew up the dam.

You have been propagandized again
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once Ukraine liberates Crimea and evicts the squatters they will reopen the canal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you aware of what is happening there, right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blowing the dam hurts Russia far more than it helps. It makes no sense they would blow it. Same with the pipeline.

Zero logic there.  

Russia controls the power plant. Crimea depends on the water from the reservoir. It's in their best interests to keep the dam intact.

Are you aware of what is happening there, right now?

Sir, thanks for the yet-another response-with-a-question. This tactic does wonders for thread discussions...
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is no evidence of your claim.
View Quote
Just like, photos of the missing bridge over the canal, and then Russians filling it in with gravel.

You're clueless
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you watch those videos? Neither confirm nor claim that Russia blew up the dam.

View Quote

I did watch them both. More than once in fact. They certainly suggest a far more plausible line of inquiry than the one you seem determined to push. They also point to means, motive, and opportunity.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know who blew up what.

But I'm glad we can talk about it, and debate it. That's becoming a rare thing anymore.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Blowing the dam hurts Russia far more than it helps. It makes no sense they would blow it. Same with the pipeline.
View Quote

Saying it over and over doesn’t make it true.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The video claims that Russia completely mined the dam, with the intention of blowing it up IF the Ukrainians begin an offensive that involves crossing the River.

Guess what?
View Quote

Did you watch the videos and read the subs? Neither of those videos claim what you say.

Why continue to make things up?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What difference does it make where they hit it? The fact is they did.

The denial here is insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. It's like arguing with a liberal. Useless.

Anyway the Ukrainians attacked their own damn last year and acknowledged they damaged their own dam.

They hit the bridge over the lock on the side. You post a lot of clueless shit.

What difference does it make where they hit it? The fact is they did.

The denial here is insane.

I will give you my entire years salary if you can show me proof of your bullshit statement. Hard proof, not Tovarich Carlson or RT.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I did watch them both. More than once in fact. They certainly suggest a far more plausible line of inquiry than the one you seem determined to push. They also point to means, motive, and opportunity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That seems like a stretch. The plausible and logic line of inquiry is the party that has more to lose usually isn't the one that makes things go boom boom.

Quoted:
I don't know who blew up what.

But I'm glad we can talk about it, and debate it. That's becoming a rare thing anymore.

Amen.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#25]
If the point was to flood the area below the dam, why not just open the gates instead of destroying the dam? I guess destroying it prevents it from being captured and shut back down.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does blowing up the dam make the Ukrainian Counter Offensive easier or harder?
View Quote
We don't know that's the motive for it.  One could make another argument that with potential cash flowing into Ukraine by America it would be in the interests of Ukraine to give more incentives for US to turn back on the money supply.  

you can laugh but there's motives for both sides having done this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

…and stated not just intention, but even parameters and triggers for action.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They also point to means, motive, and opportunity….

…and stated not just intention, but even parameters and triggers for action.

It does tend to suggest that it was russia that blew the dam...

Occams razor and all that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It did happen. Lol

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-prepares-fresh-russian-assault-west-braces-worsening-energy-crisis-2022-07-12/

The question you should be asking is why was Ukraine lobbing rockets at it's own dam in 2022?

The dismissal of facts and history here is astounding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  OPIR would see any such strike.  It didn't happen.

It did happen. Lol

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-prepares-fresh-russian-assault-west-braces-worsening-energy-crisis-2022-07-12/

The question you should be asking is why was Ukraine lobbing rockets at it's own dam in 2022?

The dismissal of facts and history here is astounding.

LOL talks about facts with zero access to OPIR.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol. A plan they actually! acted on, shelling and damaging their own dam.

Ukrainistas are not serious people.
View Quote

A shell is not capable of splitting the dam open.

A himars could barely penetrate the Antonovsky bridge and take it out of commission much less something much much thicker.

But do you know what could ?

Shaped charges.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#31]
13 million views and climbing quickly.  Boom! The new Shortwave to bypass the state controlled media.

Go Tucker.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is the most ironic, and moronic, post of the year. LOL
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A shell is not capable of splitting the dam open.

A himars could barely penetrate the Antonovsky bridge and take it out of commission much less something much much thicker.

But do you know what could ?

Shaped charges.

View Quote

Correct, which could mean one of two things:

- Ukraine used the already placed (and reported on) Russian mines and blew up their own damn covertly

or

- Russia blew up the dam

Considering Russia had more to lose in the dam going boom boom versus Ukraine, logically it seems #1 makes sense.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Or, they never intended an offensive, and needed an out to save face. How long have they been talking about this magical offensive?
View Quote

What happened at Kherson and kharkiv?

By the way the offensive has already begun.

You should pay more attention.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The Offensive that US docs said would fail before it even began?  Or the Offensive the Russians claimed has already failed?
View Quote

Russia
Claimed the Kherson offensive failed when it started and everyone died.

Russia also tried to make up stuff about the Kharkiv offensive but it simply rolled too fast and they couldn’t lie fast enough.

@r_s
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Russia controls the power plant. Crimea depends on the water from the reservoir. It's in their best interests to keep the dam intact.
View Quote

Why are people leaving Crimea if that’s the case?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#37]
15 + million views.  Snowballing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

- Ukraine used the already placed (and reported on) Russian mines and blew up their own damn covertly

or

- Russia blew up the dam

Considering Russia had more to lose in the dam going boom boom versus Ukraine, logically it seems #1 makes sense.

View Quote

Russia has more to lose? What do they have to lose? Agriculture? Lots of that elsewhere in russia. What else do they lose from this?

Not to mention preventing an entire axis of Ukrainian advance for this year seems to shift the ledger significantly towards benefiting Russia the most.

Russia has said they've mined it and will blow it if Ukraine gets close, Ukraine warned the west that russia had mined it and would blow it if Ukraine got close. The dam blows when Ukraine gets close...  

Logic suggests that russia did exactly what they said they'd do, and then went on a poo-flinging spree trying to say they didn't.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

or

- Russia blew up the dam

View Quote

The Ukrainians took control of the dam
From the Russians and blew it up?

Well, okay
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought for sure he'd blame Russia this time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shortage of stupid people in the world, and someone’s gotta be there to cash in.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, they're the good guys. And it is a legitimate strategy to cut off supplies to Crimea in order to force Russian forces to abandon it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Ukrainians took control of the dam
From the Russians and blew it up?

Well, okay
View Quote

You are making things up again. That's not what I said.

If the Russians were so proud of this, why blow it at 2:30 at night when it's pitch black outside? Where is the video evidence and propaganda of the Russian regime celebrating this?

Please, make it make sense.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Almost 17 million views.  LOL!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No shortage of stupid people in the world, and someone's gotta be there to cash in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shortage of stupid people in the world, and someone's gotta be there to cash in.

P.T. Barnum knew of which he spoke.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Ignore me, just here for the Ukraine bro meltdown!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well I heard some folks saying the Dam could have just failed on its own. Through lack of maintenance and getting occasionally hit by shells.

But then again, Russia didn't say "crap the dam collapsed on its own". They immediately said it was blown up.

So who knows.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Shit happens.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I really don't care who blew it up.
And I don't wish to fix it either.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ignore me
View Quote

Holy shit, you actually said something that makes sense
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top