Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, there was no 2A coalition.
View Quote

They had people on the list of members who didn't even know about it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They listed people I personally knew and those people were confused as hell because no one consulate with them about it. They were just listed. The Trump campaign literally pulled prominent names from the internet gun community without even asking them if they wanted to be part of it.

It is as if I pulled 100 random Arfcommer and said they're all part of the .40 S&W Caliber Club Board of Trustee.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll probably go to the convention.

I always try to make it when it's in Indianapolis or Louisville.

Trump spoke last time it was in Indy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can fully understand no weapons by rando street Joe when he walks up to POTUS.
View Quote

So do I but I wonder if all the people criticizing DeSantis for not letting people carry guns at his rally will be fair and do the same to Trump.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And then he enabled more gun control than Obama. He supports bump stock bans, red flag laws and raising the age to own a gun to 21. He was no friend of the 2nd Amendment and it's sad he's allowed to go up there and act like he was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wouldn't be there to read the list if he hadn't defeated Hillary Clinton in an election victory that everyone thought was impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Oczyk6nCw
And then he enabled more gun control than Obama. He supports bump stock bans, red flag laws and raising the age to own a gun to 21. He was no friend of the 2nd Amendment and it's sad he's allowed to go up there and act like he was.

I often criticize Trumps actions on guns as well but I really really hate the comparison to Obama. Obama was far far worse he just didn't have the ability to get anything done he would have if he could have. He made that clear after Sandy Hook. Seems like a lot of people here forgot that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So do I but I wonder if all the people criticizing DeSantis for not letting people carry guns at his rally will be fair and do the same to Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can fully understand no weapons by rando street Joe when he walks up to POTUS.

@wyomingnick

The USSS by Federal Law has the authority to declare gun free zones on their own whim as a matter of National Security. Florida Law does not allow FDLE (State LE tasked with protecting the Governor) to do such. The DeSantis Campaign, as a private organization under State Law can declare a gun free zone as a condition for entering their venues/events. The issue was and is that the DeSantis Campaign was declaring locations to be gun free zones; but shifting the blame to FDLE when FDLE can't do that by law. At no point with Trump, has there been any blame shifting. It is out in the open that it is the USSS declaring venues to be gun free zones per Federal Law and not the Trump campaign.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I often criticize Trumps actions on guns as well but I really really hate the comparison to Obama. Obama was far far worse he just didn't have the ability to get anything done he would have if he could have. He made that clear after Sandy Hook. Seems like a lot of people here forgot that.
View Quote

Ask yourself this: what is worse? Wanting to do something and not getting it done, or having the ability to do anything you want and getting nothing done.

Trump is a conman and its amazing fools (not directed at you) still defend him.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Oh for fucks sake….

Do you think he’ll actually notify the members of coalition this time around?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LOL.  And there will be a lot that will eagerly swallow what he’s spewing.
View Quote

Ayup.

One shouldn’t wonder why this country is circling the drain.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great. He can go on about how awesome he was for the 2nd amendment.
View Quote

Better than the current potato in chief.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was, quite literally, one of if not the most destructive presidents in regards to the 2A.

Red Flag laws “Take the guns first. Due process later!”
and encouraging a gun accessory to be classified as a machine-gun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wouldn't be there to read the list if he hadn't defeated Hillary Clinton in an election victory that everyone thought was impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Oczyk6nCw

He also banned the import of VEPR’s.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this where he announces another Second Amendment Coalition?

It's a "Task Force" now.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/27/donald-trump-jr-launches-second-amendment-task-force-to-fight-the-left

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Trump needs to just fade away into the sunset.......this is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh for fucks sake….

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh for fucks sake….

No shit.

It just proves it was baseless rhetoric to rile the washed peasants up to vote. Just like the ‘lock her up’ chants.   I think it’s a shame him and other politicians take advantage of the common man like that. It’s quite sad really.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Biden is literally using the roadmap that Trump laid out for gun control.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No shit.

It just proves it was baseless rhetoric to rile the washed peasants up to vote. Just like the 'lock her up' chants.   I think it's a shame him and other politicians take advantage of the common man like that. It's quite sad really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh for fucks sake .

Do you think he'll actually notify the members of coalition this time around?

No shit.

It just proves it was baseless rhetoric to rile the washed peasants up to vote. Just like the 'lock her up' chants.   I think it's a shame him and other politicians take advantage of the common man like that. It's quite sad really.
I think it js a shame that the common citizen allows themselves to ba taken advantage of.

Our government and its officials are the symptoms of the disease. The disease is the apathy of the common citizen their will unwillingness to educate themselves on all things political and civil. The Founders vested in us the ultimately authority and the people throughout the decades have willingly given it up to the state.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea but now daddy .gov isn’t sending out checks and people can be evicted and have to pay their utility bills
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think it js a shame that the common citizen allows themselves to ba taken advantage of.

Our government and its officials are the symptoms of the disease. The disease is the apathy of the common citizen their will unwillingness to educate themselves on all things political and civil. The Founders vested in us the ultimately authority and the people throughout the decades have willingly given it up to the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh for fucks sake .

Do you think he'll actually notify the members of coalition this time around?

No shit.

Absolutely.

And we are talking about 90% + of the US voting block.

Personal responsibility is another big one. It’s amazing how the majority of Americans think voting is a HUGE responsibility… yet that responsibility magically stops once they leave the booth. It’s astonishing and peak apathy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#21]
What day
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#22]
It occurs to me that Trump and the NRA are about equal in their effectivity on gun control.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are the other 319,999,998 American citizens. What makes your particular golden calf better?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't engage the Trump fanatic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to thank Trump's 2nd Amendment coalition for getting the job done. I look forward to the day he speaks at the GOA convention.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/406502/scotus-1--9050f554fe905bc522e74d540723b8-2755400.JPG

Getting what done?

Trump's 2A coalition of SCOTUS SUPERHEROES and their Bruen decision outperformed anything a bunch of slack jawed faggot country singers and b-list celebrities could do.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to thank Trump's 2nd Amendment coalition for getting the job done. I look forward to the day he speaks at the GOA convention.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/406502/scotus-1--9050f554fe905bc522e74d540723b8-2755400.JPG

Getting what done?

DeSantis's boot heals just got 2 inches higher!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll take "What are two things that I used to support, but no longer do?" for $500, Alex.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Can Trump just go away?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can Trump just go away?
View Quote

No.  People don’t think malignant narcissist be like they are but they do.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He was, quite literally, one of if not the most destructive presidents in regards to the 2A.

Red Flag laws "Take the guns first. Due process later!"
View Quote
Don't forget he supported changing the age to buy an AR to 21.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#30]
The one and only reason I voted for Trump during the election was to get better judges on the SCOTUS.  We wouldn’t have the Bruen decision 6-3 for RKBA if Hilary was in the White House instead of Donald.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't forget he supported changing the age to buy an AR all long guns to 21.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red Flag laws "Take the guns first. Due process later!"
Don't forget he supported changing the age to buy an AR all long guns to 21.
Fixed
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The one and only reason I voted for Trump during the election was to get better judges on the SCOTUS.  We wouldn’t have the Bruen decision 6-3 for RKBA if Hilary was in the White House instead of Donald.
View Quote

While bruen was a great decision… it’s not the be all end all many make it out to be  imho. At the end of the day, courts will not save us from an ever growing and encroaching government that we the people continue to vote for.

Two of the three trump (federalist society) scotus pics are marginal at best.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't forget he supported changing the age to buy an AR to 21.
View Quote

Yep

Fuck him
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#34]
FDJT
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

While bruen was a great decision… it’s not the be all end all many make it out to be  imho. At the end of the day, courts will not save us from an ever growing and encroaching government that we the people continue to vote for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get the sentiment, but look, you have to play the hand you're dealt not the hand you wished you had.  Would you prefer three more judges like left wing whack job KBJ instead?  That's the choice we had.  No thanks.  I'll take a moderate conservative over a left-wing true believer any day.  I'll vote for FDJT again if he's the nominee but I'd really rather he wasn't.

I don't care what FDJT says about bump stocks, red flag laws, age limits, or whatever.  I care about the SCOTUS and other federal court appointments.  By the time a law gets passed it's pretty much a done deal and a signature is just about guaranteed.  The whole bump stock situation is terrible, and yes, it's his responsibility 100%.  But what did you expect him to do instead?  Tell the American public not only should they remain legal we should allow sale of machine guns and ammunition in vending machines?  Sure.  Politicians don't stay in office by pissing off a large percentage of the public.  He valued staying in office more than our rights.  Big surprise there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Lololololol.  Tread harder daddy. Lololololol
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I get the sentiment, but look, you have to play the hand you're dealt not the hand you wished you had.  Would you prefer three more judges like left wing whack job KBJ instead?  That's the choice we had.  No thanks.  I'll take a moderate conservative over a left-wing true believer any day.  I'll vote for FDJT again if he's the nominee but I'd really rather he wasn't.

I don't care what FDJT says about bump stocks, red flag laws, age limits, or whatever.  I care about the SCOTUS and other federal court appointments.  By the time a law gets passed it's pretty much a done deal and a signature is just about guaranteed.  The whole bump stock situation is terrible, and yes, it's his responsibility 100%.  But what did you expect him to do instead?  Tell the American public not only should they remain legal we should allow sale of machine guns and ammunition in vending machines?  Sure.  Politicians don't stay in office by pissing off a large percentage of the public.  He valued staying in office more than our rights.  Big surprise there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The courts won’t save this country bro… especially placing people on the courts who helped write the patriot act. Trumps admin was a net loss as have all the other admins before his in the last 100+ years.

Continuing to elect the Biden’s, Clinton’s, bush’s, Obama’s and Trumps of the world will always equal a larger government and more BoR erosion.  Our country is suffering the death of 1000 cuts and it’s because we continue to elect charlatans.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Last time I went to Indy for the NRA show, Alabama played.

I'd rather see that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What has NRA done lately?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The courts won’t save this country bro… especially placing people on the courts who helped write the patriot act. Trumps admin was a net loss as have all the other admins before his in the last 100+ years.

Continuing to elect the Biden’s, Clinton’s, bush’s, Obama’s and Trumps of the world will always equal a larger government and more BoR erosion.  Our country is suffering the death of 1000 cuts and it’s because we continue to elect charlatans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I get it, even SCOTUS Chief Justice Roberts has said "Don't expect the courts to save you".  I care about the SCOTUS since they have the most immediate effect on issues I care about the most.  Your mileage may vary.  Saving the country, if that's even possible, is our job, not any branch of the government.  This is why conservative lose, they want a savior to do the heavy lifting.  Every whacky leftist I know is an activist, very few conservatives I know are activists.  Yeah, "because they're working" is partly true, but we can do a lot more than wait for a savior.

I've said it in another thread, and I'll say it again here.  Nations are just another ecosystem, with predators and prey, competition/war over resources, different population groups rise and fall in power influence wealth education etc.  There's no permanent saving this or any country, it's always a work in progress, always new threats and constraints.  That's life.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not much imho but they were behind bruen right?

Either way..  FNRA and FDJT
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a John Fetterman level statement.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#44]
It would be funny if he called out WLP and told him to resign for the good of the Assn. Probably not, but I can always hope.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/thatwasdifferent-667.gif
@SmokeEater2, actually it is different. The USSS has the authority by law to declare areas to be a gun free zone per federal law. FDLE, the state agency tasked with protecting the Governor doesn't. It was the DeSantis campaign that was declaring locations to be gun free zones and then shifting the blame to FDLE when by law, FDLE can't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not much imho but they were behind bruen right?

Either way..  FNRA and FDJT
View Quote

NRA-ILA yeah, Bruen

The NRA itself is a shell and hasn’t done shit in years. FWLP

@Honda4828
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does it seem like every time some one raises a legitimate bitch about Trump, we inevitably will get a "What about/Better than Biden" comment?

This isn't about Biden.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why does it seem like every time some one raises a legitimate bitch about Trump, we inevitably will get a "What about/Better than Biden" comment?

This isn't about Biden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't about Biden.
Because that's all Trump's most devoted can do. Shift the blame to Biden instead of accepting the truth of the situation. Trump wasn't a good choice on the 2A level and he wrote the gameplan that the Biden Administration is using right now.

It all comes down to the abuse of the Administrative Procedure Act of 1946. Trump did it first.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#49]
the old adages of 'actions speak louder than words' and 'the company you keep' has a lot going for them.

I want to believe;
but 'I am disappoint'.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top