User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is it. This will surely sink Trump's campaign
View Quote

He just lost my vote. We don't need a statist of any variety.

Cruz 2016
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cruz 2016
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

Do you support the Patriot Act?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Does any Trump fan think he'd shrink the size of government?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The encryption just got 10 times harder.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The "Terrorist Lives Matter" crowd is out in full force.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

BS, he never had your vote in the first place

BTW, Cruz voted to reauthorize the Patriot Act

Rand already dropped out

Who are you voting for?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just lost my vote.

Rand already dropped out

Who are you voting for?

Well hell. Guess I will write Ron Paul in again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd bet his billion dollars that Rubio is as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Rand already dropped out

Who are you voting for?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just lost my vote.

Rand already dropped out

Who are you voting for?

Yet Cruz worked to kill bulk cell phone data collecting which presumably Trump is for. So much for your great, white savior. He's just going to use big government to fuck you just like the others. It's going to be great, he'll fill you all the way up...you're gonna love it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]
And so was 100% of GD on 9/12.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I admire Apple for standing their ground but I wish they had just said "we built it without a backdoor so we can offer no help". Instead the public will always think they could have helped.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

I don't

trump is starting to piss me off
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I admire Apple for standing their ground but I wish they had just said "we built it without a backdoor so we can offer no help". Instead the public will always think they could have helped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's pretty much what Apple did say. http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

Specifically, the FBI wants us to make a new version of the iPhone operating system, circumventing several important security features, and install it on an iPhone recovered during the investigation. In the wrong hands, this software — which does not exist today — would have the potential to unlock any iPhone in someone’s physical possession.

The FBI may use different words to describe this tool, but make no mistake: Building a version of iOS that bypasses security in this way would undeniably create a backdoor. And while the government may argue that its use would be limited to this case, there is no way to guarantee such control.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm honestly not sure how anyone who considers themselves even remotly 'conservative' could be for D. Trump.

It blows my mind.

It blows my mind that 'conservatives' in the US are going to elect a fucking liberal-statist idiot to be their nominee.  It's both laughably hilarious and tragically sad at the same time.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm honestly not sure how anyone who considers themselves even remotly 'conservative' could be for D. Trump.

It blows my mind.

It blows my mind that 'conservatives' in the US are going to elect a fucking liberal-statist idiot to be their nominee.  It's both laughably hilarious and tragically sad at the same time.  
View Quote

Yet you have touted Rubio as our best chance to beat the Dems

How could someone who remotely considers themselves conservative vote for someone who wants amnesty and sanctuary cities?

Blows my mind
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a big problem with that. It's the same reason I don't support Patriot Act Cruz.

We're apparently never going to get a smaller government candidate to be the nominee, no matter what. I genuinely wish Rand could have gotten in.
View Quote

Actually I am glad he quit as we need him to offset Mitch the Bitch in our state and we have some real shitheads in the Democratic Party killing to get his seat.  He is really more effective in the Senate than White House.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

No but it really goes to highlight what individual liberties his supporters are willing to compromise on in order to not admit their candidate isn't a true conservative.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How could someone who remotely considers themselves conservative vote for someone who wants amnesty and sanctuary cities?

Blows my mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

You are voting for someone who can' even do what he promised without congress...

And that is put up a wall...unless he is going to personally finance it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The "Terrorist Lives Matter" crowd is out in full force.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You are voting for someone who can' even do what he promised without congress...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

So we should just give up on the illegal immigration front?

Cruz says he will abolish the IRS. How is he going to do that?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

He's not.  Obviously no major changes happen without congress.

ETA: My biggest support for Cruz comes from the fact I believe he will nominate the best judges.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.cnet.com/news/trump-apple-iphone-san-bernardino-encryption-fbi-terrorist/

"Who do they think they are? They have to open it up," Trump said. "I think security, overall, we have to open it up and we have to use our heads. We have to use common sense."

I'm disappointed that Trump came out with this.  Common sense says there's no point in breaking apple's encryption to read the second phone of a dead guy we already know everything about.

Do they really think that the super secret stuff is on the one device he didn't destroy?

View Quote

Do we?

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
GD hates Apple.  GD is conflicted.  

View Quote

Can't defend it so you re-direct.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't look to trump to fix the illegal immigration problem.  The only thing Trump has really done is he has told the MSM to fuck off....

Outside of that, he hasn't really done anything...at all...other than attack other candidates and rally people who can't seem to think beyond.."I want a wall"...
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Blows my mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

Not to put words in Canada brother's mouth but I believe he's be quite consistent that Cruz is the only logical choice. However, if the goal is to beat Hillary only and the hell with principles then Rubio is the obvious choice from a polling perspective. Seems that's the only metric that Trumpbots care about so I guess you're backing the wrong horse or won't admit it's all about emotion.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not to put words in Canada brother's mouth but I believe he's be quite consistent that Cruz is the only logical choice. However, if the goal is to beat Hillary only and the hell with principles then Rubio is the obvious choice from a polling perspective. Seems that's the only metric that Trumpbots care about so I guess you're backing the wrong horse or won't admit it's all about emotion.
View Quote

Rubio got crushed by Chris Christie of all people. So much that it sank him by over 50% in the New Hampshire polls

He stood there, a stuttering mess, drenching sweat, repeating the same line over several times

The polls don't take in account the attacks dished on him by Bernie or Hillary. They haven't even attacked him ONCE yet
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the larger issue is that Apple is capable of this in the first place.  The only way to beat the .gov on privacy issues is to create hardware and software with no backdoors like this.  The real solution is that the next iteration of iOS needs to make this type of attack impossible.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#28]
So what I now come to realize is that there is no candidate still in the running who is truly willing to do away with the Patriot Act / government spying on it's citizens.

All of them support it. Every god damned one of them that are still in the race.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Trump crew ITT:

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#30]
From a technical standpoint...

Are the feds asking Apple to hack the single phone, or create a new OS with a back door? I keep getting conflicting reports.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Blows my mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

Rubio evolved on amnesty. See what Rubio has said since he's been running for President, not what he said and done when he wasn't a candidate for President.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So what I now come to realize is that there is no candidate still in the running who is truly willing to do away with the Patriot Act / government spying on it's citizens.

All of them support it. Every god damned one of them that are still in the race.
View Quote

Yep, it sucks. But I'm not going to stay home over it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#33]
He probably should have stayed quiet on this issue. "We have to use common sense." This has and can easily be said about gun laws. I was locked in on Trump but these comments are concerning.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Rubio evolved on amnesty. See what Rubio has said since he's been running for President, not what he said and done when he wasn't a candidate for President.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

But Rubio said it when while he was an elected politician
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ETA: My biggest support for Cruz comes from the fact I believe he will nominate the best judges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

Even if Cruz can't get them abolished legislatively, he can make damn sure we don't have another Lois Lerner. Cleaning house in the regulatory agencies would go a long way.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Are the feds asking Apple to hack the single phone, or create a new OS with a back door? I keep getting conflicting reports.

View Quote
You can't build it for one without out it being quickly portable to all the others.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

Really? Cruz, who voted to re-up the Patriot Act? Who couldn't be bothered to show up for a vote on Audit the Fed? Who sends out flyers trying to scare people into voting for him, under the guise of some official document? Who is tied directly to Goldman-Sachs? The guy who was pro-amnesty just a few months ago?

Clearly, he is the only obvious choice because all of that just fucking screams American, conservative values.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
HE'S SAID IT A HUNDRED TIMES.  HE WILL USE COMMON SENSE OVER CONSTITUTIONALITY.
View Quote

When your enemy is using the constitution to destroy us, what do you do?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You can't build it for one without out it being quickly portable to all the others.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The judge didn't specify it to just one phone.

Judge just wants the capability to be given to the FBI...whether possible or not...I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Really? Cruz, who voted to re-up the Patriot Act? Who couldn't be bothered to show up for a vote on Audit the Fed? Who sends out flyers trying to scare people into voting for him, under the guise of some official document? Who is tied directly to Goldman-Sachs? The guy who was pro-amnesty just a few months ago?

Clearly, he is the only obvious choice because all of that just fucking screams American, conservative values.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

Cruz has some faults, but he's also the candidate that wrote an amicus brief in support of the 2nd Amendment as an individual right.  His brief is part of the reason for the Heller decision.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The enemy ignores the constitution.

There is a difference.

Electing a guy who just wants to piss on it more..isn't going to fix any problems...

It might make you feel better though...

Sucks for anyone younger than you...like your kids or grandkids.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

BOOM
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

So how is that different then Trump saying he's changed his stances on things being a civilian? I mean you believe Trump has changed right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I disagree with him on this.  I also don't think he thought through the full ramifications of his statement.  He's great for tossing out off the cuff answers, but many of them aren't well thought through.  Or he's playing to a particular audience and gambling that it will bring in more than it drives away.

You can't have it both ways, you're either going to get a teleprompter politician, or one that speaks his mind, off the cuff and gets it wrong now and again.  Cruz has made a couple of off the cuff statements that I am diametrically opposed to, but that's the nature of those kind of things.

I'm also not convinced Apple can unlock the phone if they wanted to.  I'm also not convinced that if they could unlock that phone, they couldn't do it in a way that wouldn't compromise every iPhone in circulation.  Or that they couldn't remedy that faster than the feds could abuse it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.

Blows my mind

So that's why you give Trump a pass on anything he says, because he's never been an elected politician? Can politicians not evolve?

BTW, Rubio and Trump both began their first campaigns for public office in 1999.  One of them won.  The other dropped out.  Why don't you like winners?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Trump, lol.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There is a difference.

Electing a guy who just wants to piss on it more..isn't going to fix any problems...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference.

Sometimes, but not usually.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So how is that different then Trump saying he's changed his stances on things being a civilian? I mean you believe Trump has changed right?
View Quote

Absolutely. Trump explained why he changed. He also explained how things work behind the scenes with money and politics and admitted to even doing it for business purposes.

When Rubio is asked about it he weasels his way around it saying "he never actually supported amnesty" and his excuse for joining the Gang of 8 was "just for show"
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the court order:

Apple's reasonable technical assistance shall accomplish the following three important functions: (1) it will bypass or disable the auto-erase function whether or not it has been enabled; (2) it will enable the FBI to submit passcodes to the SUBJECT DEVICE for testing electronically via the physical device port, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other protocol available on the SUBJECT and (3) it will ensure that when the FBI submits passcodes to the SUBJECT DEVICE, software running on the device will not purposefully introduce any additional delay between passcode attempts beyond what is incurred by Apple hardware.

They're asking Apple to deliberately introduce a severe security vulnerability into their product. It's an outrageous request, and fuck that Orange Orangutan for supporting it (assuming he even knows what the fuck he's "supporting", and I'm sure he doesn't).
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

BOOM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM

Trump said he is going to audit the fed right?

Trump said he is going to un-authorize the patriot act too...

Trump probably has never had any dealings with Goldman-Sachs or anyone that you may disagree with though...

Trump has good conservative values that seemed to just come to fruition at the start of an election...
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top