User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Had nothing but great kids with funny costumes walking around with their parents and saying trick or treat.  Probally 60% said thank you, 20% happy halloween, 10% mumbled something similiar to the other two but not understandable due to candy in mouth , and rest - nada.  Next year I will deff have more candy.  Only problem is neighbor's kids are now on candy high and running around!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I trick or treated for an hour with the youngster (gently reminding him to say thank you for the first 10 houses or so, at 3 he forgets sometimes) then we came home and passed out candy.
I Had mostly older kids, probably 10-15 years old. I would say half of them said thank you. The little ones that did come to the door were very polite and if they forgot, Mom or Dad gently reminded them to say "Thank You".
The best one I had tonight was a little guy of about 8 dressed as a Soldier. Didn't see any guns on him though, but he did look cute.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Small Texas town here.  I help my friends at the feed store give out candy, all the downtown merchants do it.  95% plus of the kids say thank you and trick or treat.  We had a few shy ones though.  We had 2 teens with no costume.  The bad thing was usually the feed store has food and margiritas, but this year they passed as we are seeing so many folks we do not know wantining to eat and drink.  We lost count of the number of parents asking about the food and margiritas.  That does include people no one has ever seen before and in a town of 1100 people you do tend to know everyone.  I was glad to see how polite the kids were as a thank you is always appreciated.  As for costmues we saw in order, pirates, ninjas, ghouls, princess, soldier, firefighter.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate it that they go from your house where they just got free candy and run across your lawn to go to your neighbor's door.  Stay of my lawn.  Walk down my driveway and up my neighbor's.  The parents don't say anything either.  I make my kids walk on the driveway and don't cut across people's lawns.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We just got back with a bag of loot.  My Cowboy knew I was listening to make sure he said Thank you ...  

homepage.mac.com/dmhines/mav/sheriff.jpg

You're a lucky man.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
If my kids don't say "thank you" I make them go back up and ring the door and say it

They are pretty consistent
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Last year I took a cue from the Charlie Brown Halloween special...  

If it was a kid that was a suitable age for still tricks or treats and/or had a costume... candy and about a fistful of it too.  There were some great kids... awesome manners, nice costumes... lots of oohs and ahhs from the wife.  

If it was a punk dressed as the friggin Unabomber, a prostitute (not a joke) or a twelve-year-old with a fake erection that they wrapped around their neck like a scarf... well they got a wad of paper, beer bottle caps, small bits of scrap wood or some styrofoam peanuts.  

...Yeah, I took out my trash one piece at a time, except for most of the glass and cans.  

Surprisingly, I didn't find any on my lawn the next day either.  I guess showing up at the door dressed as a Colonial Militiaman with a rifle and tomahawk kinda helped too.

hahaha
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top