Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
First season was fun. This season I actually hope that they use a weapon that they never did first season, some kind of AIR RIFLES, whether it be a red ryder, or some high power springer, they definitely would be more fun to watch than knife throwing.

i liked the knife throwing episode. that guy pete was halarious in that one!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh and Rokmel ...you must BOLD the thread title if you want to make it " official "  
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Article on TOP SHOT on FOX NEWS website!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#4]
tag

Quoted:

Quoted:

...looks like the next one might be in a "partners" format. Husband/wife, co-workers, father/son etc..

Top Shot: Junior vs Senior!

Fudd vs. Ninja

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh and Rokmel ...you must BOLD the thread title if you want to make it " official "  

I tried buddy..didn't happen...oh well!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be watching and rooting for the guy from Tennessee.

+1

Hessian-1

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey guys, I am still around.  Just finished hunting season in Maryland.  Had a nice battle one afternoon with a herd of doe using the lever action .45-70 (flash backs to the Top Shot episode cutting the guillotine rope! Ha!!).

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/supercomp38/5for5.jpg

Last season I was able to give some behind the scenes insight, but this time around I am pretty much in the dark.  Will be watching along with everyone else.  The shooters from first season did give suggestions on how to improve the shooting challenges.  What comes of that remains to be seen !!

Anyone here going out for Season 3 ?

Glad to see that you are still around.

Im gonna have to come out to MD and find some does to shoot. It looks like there are plenty out there.

we have a LOT

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Hit one on I-70 with a van once.  Too many of the things running around if you ask me; half of them belong on a dinner plate.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

did you use brackets?  [ b ]  and [ /b ]  without the spaces of course?
ETA:  I see you got it.   But its "official".... you're missing an eye!

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]
DVR set.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

did you use brackets?  [ b ]  and [ /b ]  without the spaces of course?

OK its official because its in BOLD now!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]
didn't see season 1, but may check out this season
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't wait.

Quoted:
Hey guys, I am still around.  Just finished hunting season in Maryland.  Had a nice battle one afternoon with a herd of doe using the lever action .45-70 (flash backs to the Top Shot episode cutting the guillotine rope! Ha!!).

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/supercomp38/5for5.jpg

Last season I was able to give some behind the scenes insight, but this time around I am pretty much in the dark.  Will be watching along with everyone else.  The shooters from first season did give suggestions on how to improve the shooting challenges.  What comes of that remains to be seen !!

Anyone here going out for Season 3 ?

I'm glad to see you're still around, Adam. I've got to admit, though, that I'm a little disappointed they didn't hire you to host the show for the second season.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Love it or Hate it..it Starts tomorrow at 10p/9c on History Channel.

It will be bitter sweet for me..Bitter because I came so close to making the show but didn't..sweet because I got to meet and know a lot of the cast members and just the overall filming of the show (slow-motion is awesome).

I have gotten some of the cast members to join ARFcom..so maybe they'll chime in once in awhile!!

Starts tonight ............. so don't miss it
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
would you think I was a jerk if I said I was invited to send in a video and chose not to?  Just not my thing.  I am not an entertainer I guess (in my opinion, I am not an expert shooter either - I am a student of shooting).  But after I saw the show I realized it was more a redo of "Survivor."

I would so 'no'

but I would have also said it would be nice to have a field grade Army officer representin' yo.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Those two are probably the most accomplished shooters on this season.  

Tilley has been to /won the World Shoot in South Africa as a junior years ago; he has not stopped pulling the trigger since.

Zins won NRA's "Bullseye" One Handed pistol championships - so when it comes to ONE HANDED or Olympic style pistol shooting, he will be very tough to beat.  I thought he was a full-time, upper level  NRA employee?  He's also been to a few local USPSA shoots so he is, at a minimum, familiar with the speed/accuracy combo that was featured in almost EVERY contest on season 1.  

We used to have an old Thompson rental gun at the store & we even used it for a few 3gun shoots we had; it was tougher to control than you might think (the old Uzi we had was tame by comparison) & the thompson weighed a ton.

Tilley should be very familiar with any of the firearms mentioned other than the 45-70 & if speed is a factor, I think he stands a good chance of placing 1st.  But, as we saw with J.J., anything can happen; nothing is for certain.

Zins did the NRA thing for a season. He has been a security contractor since then. I think he has been guarding boats.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#17]
At least this time it looks like all of the competitors have shot live ammo before showing up for the show.   Last season there was an interview where the cowboy action guy admitted he had not shot a live round in 10 years before the auditions.  Hopefully it will be a good show with more shooting and less whining.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
At least this time it looks like all of the competitors have shot live ammo before showing up for the show.   Last season there was an interview where the cowboy action guy admitted he had not shot a live round in 10 years before the auditions.  Hopefully it will be a good show with more shooting and less whining.

Are you talking about Denny?  He struck me as kind of a turd from early on, lol.  I was rooting for Kelly from the beginning, though.  That kid had some chops, really woulda liked to see him win.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the AF "sniper". .  I'm curious to see how he does.  I also saw how he sounded like a total guido on one of the promo clips.

Thats George Reinas..and he is a true bad ass. While in LA for auditions we had a chance to sit around and chat one afternoon and he had some hair raising stories and the scars to prove it from his time in Iraq and Afstan..He has served our country well and he will be a force to reckon with on the show.

I think that he will known for his "quotes" and comments..he had me laughing off my seat

He looks italian but is actually half filipino!

Yeah, I know who he is.  I served with him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking about Denny?  He struck me as kind of a turd from early on, lol.  I was rooting for Kelly from the beginning, though.  That kid had some chops, really woulda liked to see him win.

Yep Denny,  I found the blog where he admitted it.  I really could not figure out for the life of me how he didn't get shoved in the elimination challenge the first couple episodes.  He was lousy even in the cowboy challenge.
http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=3416

Going into the show, did you do any special training? You’re going to get a kick out of my answer. Here it comes. {laughs} I hadn’t shot live ammo in about 10 years before I went on the show. I literally hadn’t shot anything other than a little bit of .22 rimfire just fooling around.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#21]
It looks like they're using the same style of characters, there's the cowboy, the military guys, a few women, the hitman, stuff like that so it's a variety of backgrounds. This time around it looks like a more experienced group.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yep Denny,  I found the blog where he admitted it.  I really could not figure out for the life of me how he didn't get shoved in the elimination challenge the first couple episodes.  He was lousy even in the cowboy challenge.

Well, the game is only partly based on skill. It's also based on the Survivor show type of stuff, which is basically pushing votes onto other shooters. Kelly was a considerably better shooter, however the poor guy was in that elimination challenge every week.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Starting now...
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#24]
BARRET M82!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#26]
And we're off!  In for another fun-filled season of ADD-afflicted haters passing off their negative waves.  Love it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#27]
In!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice, sharps rifle shooting
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Maggie's got a uhh....nice prone.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Ive got Kyle, Jay, Joe texting me during the show!!!

Can't watch it till I get home..so I wont check back till later!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#31]

i hope that maggie chick sticks around till the end

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Double trigger on the sharps, set trigger? I saw alot of trigger jerking going on.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Maggie's got a uhh....nice prone.

Great butt stock.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Golf guy nails it! And seems smart about picking people.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
who's the arfcommer that posted his try out video?    Is it the golf guy?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

it's the op

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

it's the op

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like 1911s next.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

No but I think that was him in the opening video with the flag as a cape. OP I mean

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#40]
In!

Looks like 1911s coming up...
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Woot for the 1911s.

Looks like a fun season.

Mister Fauxhawk has got to go.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Looks like 1911s next.

good weapon choices so far.   Can't wait for the M82
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#43]
What's up with the bags and backpacks?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#44]
any?

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the reminder. I didn't realize it was on already. Caught it just in time for some 1911 action.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Was that a 45-70 sharps?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Watch for Ashley Spurlin he's a bronze star wearing Combat Controller.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#48]
pretty fucking good shooting so far with the 1911.......maybe not....
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm liking it so far.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like some of these guys should've stretched beforehand.
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top