Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
A ny'er finally gets to say MOVE.

Just kidding, fight these bastards with everything you've got.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sorry Co.  

Will never ski your mountains again.

TXL

Good, please send that information to our state tourism boards and tell them why.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

Fuck that.

The fight is here and it is happening now.  Colorado is simply the beachhead.  We either push them back here or we see it spread to other places once thought safe.  No.  I will not let the politicians drive me out of this great state.

Agreed.  Now, if y'all fail, and things are no better by '19, then folks need to start moving.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Makes me sick for gun owners in Colorado.

Here is what we are working on in Idaho, to show you a little contrast:

An important pro-gun measure that would protect law-abiding gun owners in Idaho from any potential federal gun ban is on the move in the Idaho State Legislature.  House Bill 219, introduced by the House State Affairs Committee, has already passed in the state House of Representatives by a 55 to 13 vote and is currently awaiting consideration in the Senate State Affairs Committee.

If passed and enacted into law, HB 219 would prevent any agency, political subdivision, or employee of the state of Idaho from assisting the federal government in any way that infringes on the individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms by imposing new restrictions on private ownership or private transfer of firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof.

Your only hope is to recall these evil, corrupt motherfuckers or move.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Moving is akin to surrender. My state (Maryland) is on the verge of passing the same bullshit, and everyone keeps telling me to move. The problem with moving is that the anti's will eventually follow. STAND YOUR GROUND and fight them any way you can. A lot of us Marylanders have done the unthinkable and switched Democratic so we can hopefully affect the primaries, which are often very close. As a Dem, at least I'm now free to sit on my ass, collect welfare and fondle some dudes nuts.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#6]
mary jane one day, anti-gun laws the next

Should have put up road blocks to keep the ca libtards from settling in.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WTF did you think would happen in a state that legalized Pot
Now I am one that could careless about pot being Legalized, I just think there is more important things going on then a state making this a priority.

We almost passed the legalized Pot Law this last time, we already have the medical marijuana law and we are the most Pro-2A state in the nation.

The  ugly truth is that Coloradans voted to restrict others people's freedom.
The Right wanted to restrict pot, the Left wanted to restrict gun rights.

Both sides won.

Don't let reality deter you though.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

Fuck that.

The fight is here and it is happening now.  Colorado is simply the beachhead.  We either push them back here or we see it spread to other places once thought safe.  No.  I will not let the politicians drive me out of this great state.

GOD'S SPEED My friend if I can help in anyway just let me know I will stand with you. This BS has to be stoped now or the problem will only get worse.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The blue state red state lines are being drawn

Keep up the fight, the laws passed have holes in them and are ambiguous

I expect worse for the Kaliban now that we have a super majority dem controlled congress and gov.  Wheel guns only?

The lines are being drawn, and every single pro gun anti liberal that moves to TX, TN, etc. consolidates our forces and keeps the free states free.

Those of us saying "Move" are saying it for two main reasons - you get your freedom and your presence helps us keep ours.

It doesn't, actually.

The state of Colorado is overwhelmingly publicly against these proposals.  It doesn't matter.  The left wanted CO as a symbol that the American West could be tamed, and they bought that symbol.

They will lose it through recalls and the courts, but it won't matter.  They have won the information war here and now.

So the public opinion being in your favor means nothing.

So then... who voted in all of your anti-gun senators, representatives and Governor?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For what it's worth, you went to bed a criminal too.  You just weren't aware of half of the laws you violated - everything from speeding (don't ask, don't tell... but c'mon), to some sort of zoning code, to use of "fighting words" (even if it was under your breath), to the crack in your windshield, to probably some sort of environmental reg pertaining to your water usage, your "carbon footprint" or any other damned thing.

In short, fear not because you were already there.  In the meantime, here's a quote for you: “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” - Robert A. Heinlein

Now... come help us kick the bastards out, erase these laws and show what happens when We, The People push back!

Amen Keith
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

Fuck that.

GOD'S SPEED My friend if I can help in anyway just let me know I will stand with you. This BS has to be stoped now or the problem will only get worse.

You can donate to help our organization with the recall efforts that we're working on:
www.bfdf.org
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope there is a judge in that state that will smack down an injunction within seconds of Lickinpooper signing any of the legislation that makes its way to his pen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Move to Utah or Texas.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF did you think would happen in a state that legalized Pot
Now I am one that could careless about pot being Legalized, I just think there is more important things going on then a state making this a priority.

We almost passed the legalized Pot Law this last time, we already have the medical marijuana law and we are the most Pro-2A state in the nation.

The  ugly truth is that Coloradans voted to restrict others people's freedom.
The Right wanted to restrict pot, the Left wanted to restrict gun rights.

Both sides won.

Don't let reality deter you though.

I take it you did not read my entire post only the bold type

Like I said I could careless if it is legalized or not but any state making this a priority with everything else that is going on is fucked up state.

Don't let selective reading  deter you though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Move

No......

You must FIGHT.  This makes me so mad.  Fight the good fight.  It's your home.  If we don't make a stand for our rights, we become subjects almost 240 years after the fact.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Last night I went to bed a free man, today I woke up a criminal.  

The so called "common sense" gun legislation that is signed in to law this morning will have made a criminal out of every gun owner in the state of Colorado.  

The magazine ban itself has various ways that does this, not even counting the other 5 bills that will be signed today.  For instance, if I let ANYONE shoot or even touch one of my pistols or rifles at the range, I am instantly considered a criminal, as well as the person who fired/touched that firearm.  This is because the firearm contains a magazine that "holds over 15 rounds OR HAS THE ABILITY TO BE MODIFIED TO HOLD MORE THAN 15 ROUNDS" which is practically every magazine in existence.  

I shoot with my family and friends at least twice a month, so now, with a swipe of a pen, I can be arrested and sent to jail for up to 12 months if I let ANYONE touch one of my firearms.  I have to have the magazines I own in my "CONTINUOUS" possession and cannot transfer that magazine, even for a split second to anyone else.  

I am now also able to lose my 2nd amendment right before due process if anyone accuses me of any violence.  That is right.  All ANYONE has to do is accuse me of hitting or threatening them and I will be ORDERED to turn in any and all firearms to the police within 72 hours of the ACCUSATION.  No trial, No facing my accuser, NO day in court.  Those firearms "MAY" (not must) be returned to me at a later date if I win my case in court.

I now also have to pay CBI and a local FFL for any transfer of a firearm, even if it is to loan it to a relative for a short amount of time (anything over 72 hours).  

Background checks will necessarily take much longer than 72 hours with the huge influx of checks being made from this bill.  So effectively I can no longer lend any of my firearms to my spouse or my relatives since they won't pass the background check within that 72 hour time frame.  ALSO, ONCE THEY HAND MY FIREARM BACK TO ME IF I DO LEND IT OUT, WE EACH WILL HAVE TO PAY BOTH CBI AND AN FFL TO PERFORM ANOTHER BACKGROUND CHECK AND WAIT AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF TIME FOR IT TO CLEAR.

These are just a few examples of how I and every other gun owner, or even those who go out with their friends/relative to shoot WOKE UP CRIMINALS THIS MORNING.

Good news? According to the US Constitution this 'common sense' legislation isn't legal, you are in fact NOT a criminal and you are free to keep and use your firearms as you wish....short of causing harm to others obviously.

Bad news? There are many armed and badged enforcers of this illegal law so you might not survive the defense of your freedoms. That may or may not matter to you, I dunno.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Move

Stay and fight. It's your state, not theirs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#18]
No need to worry. The odds of running in to a rogue popo that will enforce such a clearly unconstitutional law are like winning the lottery! I heard it here, many times from reliably pro popo sources. Do not despair.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Move

How about you GTFO.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
mary jane one day, anti-gun laws the next

Should have put up road blocks to keep the ca libtards from settling in.

Saw that coming. Maybe ya'll need to quit worrying about Cali. We're all fucked here and we're all on the same boat. It's coming to a state near you. Now all you non californian's especially Coloradans can start eating some humble pie.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I will not spend another minute of my time, or a dollar of my money in that God forsaken place.

My deceased cowboy uncle who rode the the Colorado cattle range on horseback with his rifle and pistol at his side is spinning in his grave at what his beloved state has become.  I spent much of my childhood out there when it was still Marlboro Country with a rich western-style heritage.  Now it's nothing more than New York-West with a pack of corrupt politicians.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Move

Fuck that

You guys don't get it

This is national problem

You cannot hide from this

The only thing the democrats fear is angry gunowners voting them out of office

so do just that, vote every chance you get and vote single issue -

here's how it has to be:   dump this fucking feel-good gun legislation on us, get voted out of office
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Let me make sure we're all on the same page...

1. It is not time to move.
2. If the recalls do not go well, it will still not be time to move.
3. If 2014 does not go well, it will still not be time to move.

Just out of curiosity - does time to move come before or after Fo Time?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sorry Co.  

Will never ski your mountains again.

TXL

Yay! Less Texans at Breck!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is the question.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

Fuck that.

You can donate to help our organization with the recall efforts that we're working on:
www.bfdf.org

I have looked at the site but a little worried about putting CC info on it nothing personal. looking for a way to send a money order right now but I will hit for $25.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Tyranny now but GET THEM in 2014 OP!!

I can't prove it but I got a "feeling" the tyrants will pay HEAVILY for this tyranny.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#28]
For everyone saying "move," are you happy with just letting these laws continue to roll across the country until they arrive at your state, or would you rather those of us who are in a position to do so, do what we can to stop them now?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tyranny now but GET THEM in 2014 OP!!

I can't prove it but I got a "feeling" the tyrants will pay HEAVILY for this tyranny.

I hope you're right about that, RDak.  I do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree with you about the consolidation thing. If a state is FULL of like-minded individuals, then they will have elected other like-minded individuals into office (obviously, that didn't happen in CO... or to some degree even in my own state). Therefore, we wouldn't even be talking about this but for the fact that out-of-staters with different ideals moved to CO, and then elected other people who probably came from out of state. I make that assessment based on the fact that in Vermont, most of the anti-gun legislative garbage has come from representatives who moved here from somewhere else.

Eventually, it will make sense to draw lines and consolidate... but that will likely signal the beginnings of some rather serious unpleasantness.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#31]

precisely this

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So then... who voted in all of your anti-gun senators, representatives and Governor?

What happened was the perfect storm to get Democrats elected.

The Democratic party said "Yeah, we're perfectly fine with legalizing marijuana" while the Republican party took the opposite stance.

The marijuana initiative was on the ballot alongside Obama and democratic state senators and representatives.  It brought out all sorts of votes that normally wouldn't be there to pull the lever for the Ds.  Some of these Ds (Mike Mclachlan, for example) ran on a pro-2A ballot.

Now we have a much less active base of voters for them - there's no marijuana ballot initiative, there's no Obama running, nothing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Move

Fuck that.

I agree, and it's easy for me to say here in LA, but keep fighting the good fight.  We have your backs.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you about the consolidation thing. If a state is FULL of like-minded individuals, then they will have elected other like-minded individuals into office (obviously, that didn't happen in CO... or to some degree even in my own state). Therefore, we wouldn't even be talking about this but for the fact that out-of-staters with different ideals moved to CO, and then elected other people who probably came from out of state. I make that assessment based on the fact that in Vermont, most of the anti-gun legislative garbage has come from representatives who moved here from somewhere else.

Eventually, it will make sense to draw lines and consolidate... but that will likely signal the beginnings of some rather serious unpleasantness.

The left has spent eight decades pushing this agenda. We need to think long term, and consolidation of like-minded individuals and the industry we support is a good step in the right direction. If it ever gets ugly, I'd rather not find the gun and ammo factories or our freedom loving brothers stuck on the other side.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

This.

Why don't both of you choke on a bag of dicks???

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I will not surrender, and I will work tirelessly to throw the fuckers out of office and elect only those who pledge to repeal this godawful mess.  I will also recruit and educate others to do the same.

G
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I will not surrender, and I will work tirelessly to throw the fuckers out of office and elect only those who pledge to repeal this godawful mess.  I will also recruit and educate others to do the same.

G

Good.

Plus, I have been hearing ALOT of Sheriffs in Colorado think this is all silly and probably won't be enforcing alot of that crap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

This.

- georgestrings

You may like Pantera, but I like your style.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I am sorry for your loss.  As a recently bereived party in NYS I can relate.  Ours is so poorly ritten you can't tell your status too easily.  

Come back to reality america!
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck them all. I won't comply.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:55:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Moving is akin to surrender. My state (Maryland) is on the verge of passing the same bullshit, and everyone keeps telling me to move. The problem with moving is that the anti's will eventually follow. STAND YOUR GROUND and fight them any way you can. A lot of us Marylanders have done the unthinkable and switched Democratic so we can hopefully affect the primaries, which are often very close. As a Dem, at least I'm now free to sit on my ass, collect welfare and fondle some dudes nuts.

No, moving is akin to voting.

Voting FOR those states who choose freedom over tyranny by bringing your tax dollars, your work ethic and your VOTE to those politicians in those states who feel as you feel.

There was a term used in the 1970s and 1980s called 'white flight'.  It was descriptive in what it meant.

This is still a free country, as a whole, you are allowed to flee oppression and vote with your footsteps.

A poster here recently pointed out the folly of 'investing' in decaying neighborhoods.  You are throwing good money after bad by staying in a decaying neighborhood.

Do what is best for you NOW, not after you become a criminal, lose your guns, face jail time and lose this fight.

The machinations of government will work to destroy those that oppose it.

TRG
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Fight hard for your rights. CO is in the spotlight right now. It is a prime example of a legislature acting in a way that is not inline what the people want. Get dirty and shame these assholes publicly. No mistake of theirs should go unpublished.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IS THERE ANY GRANDFATHERING ON THE MAGS

Yes.

Can keep yours, but transferring them is illegal after July 1.  No pathway for sale, inheritance, etc...

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:59:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fuck them all. I won't comply.

Fuckin right.  Op if your even thinking about complying to this shit then your pissing on all your fellow gun owners who are fighting against the tyranny.  Do not comply!
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

Fuck that.

Good attitude!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move

This.

- georgestrings

Someone has queer on their mind
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Moving is akin to taking your toys (TAXES) and going elsewhere.

I know when I lived in Colorado between income taxes, property taxes, and sales tax I was paying over $15k per year into the state. If everyone who feels strongly about their rights and freedom uproots and leaves Colorado, the state is going to feel the pain big time.

If you can't beat them in the polls, take your money and leave. Let the FSA take over, they can all flock to Rhonda Fields. She'll fix everything.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Move

Fuck that

You guys don't get it

This is national problem

You cannot hide from this

The only thing the democrats fear is angry gunowners voting them out of office

so do just that, vote every chance you get and vote single issue -

here's how it has to be:   dump this fucking feel-good gun legislation on us, get voted out of office
This Zimbabwean speaks the truth.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#49]
If you were born in or moved to a state that was free and honored the Constitution, you have an obligation to fight.  The last thing CO needs is for its respectable citizens to leave.  People need to make their voices heard every day until the law is repealed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I woke up the same. But it also woke up a warrior spirit in me. I'm not going to give up yet and will fight as hard as I can to get people in office who understand that they work for us. They vote on our behalf.

If the next elections show that these people keep their jobs, that they can keep making laws that limit my freedom then this state is truly lost and I will look to a more freedom loving state.

Until then, I'm here for the fight

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top