Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had an iPhone since day one and bought one because A. I like gadgets and B. I was already with ATT.

The phone does everything I need it to and it does it well. I use Safari quite a bit and for the sites I look at on it the speeds are fine. Hell I've been on bad DSL connections that download slower. 3G would be great but from my understanding the battery life trade off is not worth it.

The phone aspect of it is absolutely wonderful. Best reception and call quality out of any phone I have had.

Email works great and after getting use to the keyboard it is just as easy to use as my Blackberry.

I do not use the ipod functions nor the You Tube stuff.

Overall I really like this phone and am glad I got it. Is it for everyone? No, probably not but it works great for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've had an iPhone since day one and bought one because A. I like gadgets and B. I was already with ATT.

The phone does everything I need it to and it does it well. I use Safari quite a bit and for the sites I look at on it the speeds are fine. Hell I've been on bad DSL connections that download slower. 3G would be great but from my understanding the battery life trade off is not worth it.

The phone aspect of it is absolutely wonderful. Best reception and call quality out of any phone I have had.

Email works great and after getting use to the keyboard it is just as easy to use as my Blackberry.

I do not use the ipod functions nor the You Tube stuff.

Overall I really like this phone and am glad I got it. Is it for everyone? No, probably not but it works great for me.

Have you (or anyone else using the phone) noticed if it seems to have a larger antenna and gets better reception than other phones? Or does it seem about the same.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

?
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The phone is cool, but if your out of a major city, (even Dallas has a lot of dead areas with Cingular) I wouldnt waste your money or time. Verizon is MUCH MUCH better.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

?

It's a tag.

That or he retracted his post.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

?

It's a tag.

The edited post makes me think retraction.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

?

It's a tag.

The edited post makes me think retraction.

Then it was probably a variation of "LoLoloL MACinToSH IS Gh3y LoLoL."
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still on the fence. 4gb models are $299, and they are pretty cool looking.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Reception and power seems to be as good if not better than my Blackberry was. I think the radio is very strong, but you need to consider how the network is where you are.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Bought one from a friend, who got rid of the att service and had the phone, got it unlocked and and now working with my tmobile account and tmobile web.  Works great!
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bought one from a friend, who got rid of the att service and had the phone, got it unlocked and and now working with my tmobile account and tmobile web.  Works great!

I assume that random-access voice mail doesn't work?

That would be a deal-breaker for me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a blackberry world edition.  3D, cdma.

An Iphone what???
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've got a blackberry world edition.  3D, cdma.

An Iphone what???

+1 My brother got a blackberry also. It does everything the ipone does without the hippy stigma attached.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]
My mom just got one as a gift.  I loved it, it seems like it would take a little while to get used to maneuvering through things, but it wasn't too bad.  The keyboard wasn't too hard to mess with either.

She did have some hellacious problems syncing contacts from outlook express to the phone.  after she did that outlook express crashed and i can not figure out how to get it back to working.  damn address book is "gone" yet I can still find the wab files....

Comparing to my Blackberry Curve (8300) its thinner, a little heavier, a tad longer and slimmer.  Screen quality and call quality seemed great, as do the simple functions such as putting it on silent.

If I wasn't under a damn 2yr with this BB, I'd probably pick one up to play with.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#18]
We have about 25 iphones throughout our department.  General consensus is that the phone sucks.  The rest of the features are killer though.  Take a look at the Ipod touch.  Almost all of the same features without the lousy phone.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#19]
A couple weeks back I made the decision to go get an iPhone.

I went to the store and asked about them. In order to get one I had to:

1) Boost my contract to 2 years
2) STILL pay full price for the damned thing
3) Jump through a half dozen hoops to get my contacts transferred from my current phone to the new phone, because it doesn't take a standard SIM card, just a NON-REMOVEABLE "SIM card."
3) Lose the ability to easily switch to another phone should it die on me, because my account is transferred to the NON-REMOVEABLE card in the iPhone.

And the only gain out of it is video capability and internet connectivity, both of which I've lived comfortably without in my phone since I had a cell phone.

What pisses me off the most is that AT&T (along with just about every other cell phone provider) subsidizes the cost of the phone in exchange for you signing up to stay with them for 2 years. But with the iBrick, you STILL have to pay full price, even though you signed away your choices for 2 years.

I literally told the guy at the store that AT&T and Apple can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#20]
No insurance, no way to change the battery. No go for me. Also, I have a computer at home and work and I do not travel, therefore no reason to have a mobile data device. I am sure I will spend the money elsewhere, right now its Grad school.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#21]
We know it will make calls but "WILL IT BLEND?"

www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
A couple weeks back I made the decision to go get an iPhone.

I went to the store and asked about them. In order to get one I had to:

1) Boost my contract to 2 years
2) STILL pay full price for the damned thing
3) Jump through a half dozen hoops to get my contacts transferred from my current phone to the new phone, because it doesn't take a standard SIM card, just a NON-REMOVEABLE "SIM card."
3)
Lose the ability to easily switch to another phone should it die on me, because my account is transferred to the NON-REMOVEABLE card in the iPhone.

And the only gain out of it is video capability and internet connectivity, both of which I've lived comfortably without in my phone since I had a cell phone.

What pisses me off the most is that AT&T (along with just about every other cell phone provider) subsidizes the cost of the phone in exchange for you signing up to stay with them for 2 years. But with the iBrick, you STILL have to pay full price, even though you signed away your choices for 2 years.

I literally told the guy at the store that AT&T and Apple can go fuck themselves.

Damn, nothing pisses me off more than having to do step 3 twice before I can move on to step 4.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Why on earth are you using a sim to store contacts? use outlook or something and sync to your phone. using sim-based contacts stores is idiotic.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top