BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Man to hear you Army and Navy retards talk, the Air Force is a bunch of slackers.
View Quote

right

Quoted:
We have E-9's that do the jobs of generals and our job is more technical that combat oriented.  
View Quote

I call "first hand experience, saw it with my own eyes" bullshit.

I personally saw: AF E-6s in charge of GSE (ground support equipment)!  Carts, lifts, other flight line equipment.  Stuff that a USN E-1 - E-3 would take care of.  The AF's GSE was clean and shiny, though!

Also saw the "one pickup truck to every two airmen" syndrome.  AF personnel would have been appalled had they been forced to ride the bus from the admin side of the base to the ops side with the USN/USMC folks.  The AF brought a *fleet* of trucks to our base - for about a half dozen planes that were on our base for all of three days.  This doesn't count other vehicles used for maintenance - this was just to make it more convenient for the airmen to get around.

Overstaffed pork barrel = USAF (from what I've seen)

Good lord.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Time for IBTL!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
As a retired AF SNCO, I can pretty much guarantee this about the whiners at Bagram:

1.  I'm 90% sure they are first term female or female influenced airman doing the whining.  In my 20 years in the AF, 80% of all whiners were female.

2.  These airman were non-volunteers for this TDY so they feel that they can whine with impunity.

3.  Because they also have the reputation of being whiners at their home station, they were the first on the list to go to Bagram ;-).

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Well put TRW....
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
CoyoteA1........
So, you were in the Weather Service too. Nice to know somebody on the board that was a weatherman also. I retired in "94" and now work for the National Weather Service in Cheyenne.
View Quote

Yeah, Army support the entire time. LOVED IT.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top