Quoted:

Shall not be infringed!!!!!!

But...

But...

But...

God I love arfcom.
View Quote

Yep, see sig line.

Real freedom scares much of ARFCOM and the general public.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's the Tejas state capital.

So the potential for libtard outrage is considerably less...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once that rifle is finished isn't it then illegal to have in D.C let alone right outside the fence of the White House?

Sound like a fucking stupid idea. (Unless you want to end op in Federal prison or shot dead.)

Not really gonna help any Pro-2A cause. I'm not one that worries about upsetting liberals but I fail to see how this is a good idea.

Yep. None of them in Austin.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Be the grey man.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Given the the general disdain the post-Heller lower courts have treated the 2A, it's definitely a good idea to poke a stick at the legislature.  

What's the worst that could happen.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What good do you see coming of this?  
View Quote

Exactly.  Should they be able to?  Yeah.  But in the current climate where guns are on the precipice of either becoming less regulated (than they have been in a long time) overall, allowing society to relax or so over-regulated that recovering the image is all but impossible.....

Why would this even seem like a good idea.  Since OC is "a done deal" according to people in TX, what good does this do?  All of that stuff is already legal.  It's just an attn-whoring way of OCing a rifle.  It's also potentially possible that showing the public how easy it is to make an 80% into a workable receiver might not necessarily go the way that they want it to go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Public Relations and Public Image....

Some have no understanding of it.

But hey, this is what Texas has for PR and PI...

Because the idiot on the right is associated with the OCT movement....

Fucking Open Carry Tards....

Giving gun owners a bad name.

ETA: Correction due to brain fart.

Second ETA:

Dumb Ass' name is Kory Watkins....

He is a member of "Cop Blocker", "Open Carry Texas", and ran for office on a "Liberty Republican" ticket.

He's been on the Daily Show representing the Open Carry Movement.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Only thing preventing open carry in TX is OCTX...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
But...
But...
But...
God I love arfcom.
View Quote

Common sense, public relations, public image, and public opinion all play a very important part in how laws are passed.

I known.Texans cant OC a pistol. But you sure can wear a empty holster.

Campus Carry is doing that and winning.

Oh, will you look at that... they appear to dress like normal people and aren't scaring the shit out of Susie Soccer Mom. Why is that important.. because she calls the news media and the elected officials.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't understand the point they're trying to make as it relates to OC.  Their point isn't to change laws.  It's to get attention.  

And I'm pretty sure DPS and the Capitol Police will just watch them and say, "That's nice, dear."   exactly what will happen.  

OC seems to be a done deal this session, things like this are just attention whoring stunts.   Maybe...hopefully..
View Quote

Mine in red.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Once that rifle is finished isn't it then illegal to have in D.C let alone right outside the fence of the White House?

Sound like a fucking stupid idea. (Unless you want to end op in Federal prison or shot dead.)

Not really gonna help any Pro-2A cause. I'm not one that worries about upsetting liberals but I fail to see how this is a good idea.

You do know where the Texas Capitol is located right? You do know the city it is in is the Liberal center of thought in Texas right?

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Given the the general disdain the post-Heller lower courts have treated the 2A, it's definitely a good idea to poke a stick at the legislature.  

http://www.greanvillepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/black-panthers-seattle-1969-armed-on-capitol-steps-600x350.jpg

View Quote

Reagan dealt with something very similar like that in California... oh yeah, he signed a bill outlawing that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#12]
FUCKING RETARDS
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Reagan dealt with something very similar like that in California... oh yeah, he signed a bill outlawing that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.greanvillepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/black-panthers-seattle-1969-armed-on-capitol-steps-600x350.jpg

And nearly 50 years later those laws still stand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Not sure how these groups connect AR builds with promoting OC, but whatever! Seems that there are better ways to bring their views to light regarding upcoming legislation. Most indicators are that one of the OC bills will make it through.

By the way: IBZ
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

God, I love conservatives.

Nothing, but I don't see any good coming from trying to elect people who support assault weapons bans either.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pick your battles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But...

But...

But...

God I love arfcom.

Pick your battles.

NO! Most people have no idea silencers are legal as well, I'm going to open carry my USP Tactical with a TiRant on it & wear body armor & a bump helmet & balaclava when I go grocery shopping.
It's about raising awareness.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Texas?  NO WAY.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Please don't insult my GSD like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I swear I am totally convinced at this point that these fuckers are either lib plants or at the least being paid by someone like Soros to act this way, NO ONE CAN BE THIS FUCKING STUPID!?!?

What the hell do they think this is gonna prove? It does NOTHING to advance gun rights! TOTAL TARDS. I swear they're TRYING to induce a panic.

If your interested in the Ghost Gunner system you'd better pony up now, I'll be shocked if this doesn't spark some sort of legislation to either regulate these systems or revisit the law that allows a person to manufacture a firearm for personal use.

I'm all for exercising ones rights, but not when your methods are only going to create more regulations for law abiding gun owners. There is absolutely NO reason to do this, NONE. You know, everyone has that relative that's got the IQ of a GSD, and before this I was convinced these thpes of groups (also OCT) were those guys when it comes to the family of gun owners, well no longer. There's something else going on here, I say again, no one can be this fucking stupid.

PLEASE everyone take time to go post on their page how dumb this is.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Please don't insult my GSD like that.

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Weapons Grade Derp...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Sex with my wife is legal too, but I'm not doing it on the Capitol steps.  That's dumb.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How about "Let's not be fucking idiots" mentality?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really hate the "let's not exercise our rights because it will anger liberals" mentality.

How about "Let's not be fucking idiots" mentality?

So true, but Dumb Asses that do stuff like this. Just can't see it.
Personally I think a lot of them are just Shit Stirrers that like to cause outrage.
Machining out an 80% lower like that THERE, is Beyond Stupid.
It's borderline Insane.

It will do nothing to further Gun Rights. But sure as hell might set back a few of them!
ASSHOLES!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sex with my wife is legal too, but I'm not doing it on the Capitol steps.  That's dumb.
View Quote

Need pics of wife to determine how I feel about this post.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#23]
See what happens when they escape the basement.......look what I can build, two months later it turns into why can't I build that anymore. It's just like the idiots posting photos of the sig brace shouldered and sending AFT letters asking for clarification! Nothing good ever comes from these idiots, keep your mouth shut. They can't ban what they don't know about but this will EDUCATE them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not seeing the issue here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck freedom.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck freedom.
View Quote

Fuck your home state.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Kind of like protesting temperance at a distillery.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The idiots behind this have done more to harm our 2A rights than the Dem's in the past few years. That should be reason enough not to support anything they do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I really hate the "let's not exercise our rights because it will anger liberals" mentality.
View Quote

I really hate the "let me rub their nose it in so they try to ban it" mentality.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#30]
The troopers on duty are gonna get a good laugh when these neckbeards spend 2 hours dremeling and cutting only to find out their EP Armory lower won't mate to their upper because all the pin holes and outer dimensions are out of spec.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Machining out an 80% lower like that THERE, is Beyond Stupid.

It will do nothing to further Gun Rights. But sure as hell might set back a few of them!

How long before that becomes Illegal. Lets face it the general Public is totally Ignorant of the fact that you can do that.
Hell most of them have no idea you can assemble an AR15 from parts.
After a stunt like this. With Media coverage. And most likely Media OUTRAGE.
The public will become aware.
Don't see anything positive coming out of it at all.

I think it will hurt the AR community.
But honestly I believe the CHILDISH MINDS in OCT. Don't give a rats ass about anything but themselves.
Their asinine behavior proves it.
It's just ME-ME-ME, and fuck everyone else!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The idiots behind this have done more to harm our 2A rights than the Dem's in the past few years. That should be reason enough not to support anything they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any proof of where or how these idiots have put more restraints on the 2A than the democratic party?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly like the Charlie Hedbo Magazine. I find the content to be quite offensive. I defend both the OCT tards and Charlie's right to be confrontational.

It isn't very free if no one is offended by your actions
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Way to miss the point.

If you are a group advocating for legislative change, and you engage in an activity that is likely to rally opposition to that change, are you helping or hurting your cause?

These people are idiots.  DU plants couldn't do a better job of discrediting 2nd amendment supporters.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

i really hate the toddler-like "'because i can' is sufficient justification" mentality.

i can legally tell everyone i see on the street that they're a complete fucking idiot for not carrying.  that doesn't seem like a good idea thought does it?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#36]
So glad I live in VA where I don't need a permission slip to carry a gun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fuck your home state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck freedom.

Fuck your home state.

Fuck everything.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fuck everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck freedom.

Fuck your home state.

Fuck everything.

Fuck this thread.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing good will come from this. While it may not have any negative affect in Texas that may not be true in less free states. This sort of attention seeking is at the very least childish. I am hopeful that the national news media doesn't notice these silly fools. This isn't likely but hope beats despair.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is either genius or idiotic. I tend to believe the latter. On January 13 Come And Take It Texas plans to use a Ghost Gunner machine on the steps of the Capitol building to build an AR15 from an 80% lower. I'm really curious how that promotes their goal for open carry in Texas? My guess is that the only thing this will do is get a lot of liberals and politicians all fired up to try to regulate or ban 80% lowers. Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a real bad way to promote any 2A cause.

Open carry group to manufacture guns at Texas state capitol
http://www.guns.com/2015/01/06/open-carry-group-to-manufacture-guns-at-texas-state-capitol/

Come and Take It home page
http://comeandtakeitamerica.com/

View Quote

In Michigan, we don't leave our AR's out on the Capitol steps....

..We take them inside.

OP, you need to remember that they work for us and not the other way around.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you have any proof of where or how these idiots have put more restraints on the 2A than the democratic party?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets see some of their victories...

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms in restaurants creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a Chili’s spokeswoman, said in a statement. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

In a statement, interim CEO John Mulligan said that Target will “respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.”

They are more effective than Shannon Watts at making stores take a stand against open carry.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fuck your home state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck freedom.

Fuck your home state.

Yeah, so?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I really hate the "let me rub their nose it in so they try to ban it" mentality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really hate the "it's a right, but they can ban it, so then it isn't really a right, so let's not exercise it" excuse.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I really hate the "it's a right, but they can ban it, so then it isn't really a right, so let's not exercise it" excuse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is these guys are attention whoring for the sake of attention whoring.  They don't give 2 shits if that right is taken away because they'll just move on to the next thing they can use to attention whore.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is OCT involved, and what T-shirts will they wear? Che? Tides Foundation? RevCom? The Bloomberg Fan Club?
http://i.imgur.com/5ofMTW7.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/5ofMTW7.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/5ofMTW7.jpg
View Quote

That is a very weird Village People reunion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. The 2A battle is a chess game. Do something stupid early in the game and the consequences can haunt you for a long time.

There used to be build parties a couple years ago. What happened when people flaunted that? They were banned. Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should, or that it will not bring negative consequences.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv3HaCECQAA-sU2.jpg:large

http://i2.wp.com/www.alan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Target-Fedora.jpg

They are more effective than Shannon Watts at making stores take a stand against open carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv3HaCECQAA-sU2.jpg:large

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms in restaurants creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a Chili’s spokeswoman, said in a statement. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

http://i2.wp.com/www.alan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Target-Fedora.jpg

In a statement, interim CEO John Mulligan said that Target will “respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.”

Don't forget Sonic and Starbucks, I believe there are a few more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#48]
OC tards

Technically once the 80% is milled out, it isn't a rifle or long gun right? It's other on a 4473 right?

Can you OC a stripped lower before it's built into a rifle?

....I'll write a letter to the ATF to ask

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

i enjoy my rights, i exercise them and no one is the wiser, when i feel they are threatened my congressman gets a bunch of nasty emails and i keep my nra membership up.
it makes no sense to carry a long gun around in public, other than to be a "look at me fairy".

for 2a rallies we need to be presenting the facts of what happens when you cannot defend yourself, the evils of gun control, etc....when the average joe see's nut jobs with firearms blinging
everywhere at a rally...they will believe thats what its all about, and the cause just lost a vote......like it or not, this isn't about being the cool guys, its about getting the votes and winning people
over to the cause of self defense....you move on from there

eta and if your state will pass OC, theres nothing wrong with that...personally there are bigger fish to fry aside from being able to pimp my gun on my hip.....like the NFA stuff or doing away with certain gun free zones, etc
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#50]
NRA described the OC Texas actions as "downright weird".

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2023753648_opencarryxml.html

Is a concealed carry permit hard to get in TX? Not saying not to continue to fight for OC in an effective and mature manner, but OC seems kind of low on the list of gun rights priorities.

In CA the ban on OC was actually a good thing. It lead to the court victories that required CA to start to issue CCW permits. Basically the court said you have to have some means to carry, and once OC was banned, it became unconstitutional to not issue CCW permits. If CA still had OC, they probably would not have won the concealed carry battle in court. Timing sometimes is everything.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top