Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#1]
 Mrs. E6 I think your tat is very nice.  Don't let these FuckTards get ya down.  Controll freaks. Labeler's....Prejudice........ ect.... To label someone for what they wear .  I have one I got with friends from my old ARMY days, while serveing in Europe. No regretts. I had it put high on my arms. Small anough. 98% of folks don't know I even got it. Most of my family don't even know. I got it for me , not them. And if they don't like it .... They can FuckTard off...... What Happened to Each there Own..... Damn are we becomeing DU ???? You Rock Girl......  WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But then again, I highly doubt Mr, or  Mrs. E6 would be showing these things to a whole bunch of starngers in the real world, either.

I can't imagine Mr. E6 bringing some guy over at the range, or the supermarket and asking him, "So, what do you think of the wife's new body art?"

Can you?

I missed your point.  Are you somehow saying that there are circumstances that exist which would justify the outhouse remarks made in this thread?

No, of course I don't think rude comments are called for here.  But that's because I try not to be rude to anyone, in any situation.  While it's true that some will feel free to make them because of the anonymity of the internet, all that proves is that there are assholes everywhere.

A little ribbing is fine, IMO, and to be expected in friendly conversation.  But being friendly and being friends isn't the same thing.  

My point is that posting something like this on an open forum and NOT expecting such crudeness is naive.  If posters aren't prepared to deal with all manner of responses, they shouldn't post.  

I know I wouldn't put anything too private or too personal on the net.  And if I did, no manner of response would surprise me.  It's like an obvious tattoo- people are going to respond to it, whether that's what you intended or not.

Make sense?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]
 The poster didn't post " do you like it or Not "..... He was simply shareing.... Now Mama once said " If ya ain't got nothing nice to say, DON"T say anything at all ".  Lets be Adults here...WD
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]
So.. You're next kid is gonna be a fairy?

Nice tattoo, colored should look awesome
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...and I'm not sure if I like it or not.

She has been talking about getting one the entire time we have been together (going on 11 years now)
She finally found a design she REALLY liked, and we have a tat artist in the family, so today she braved the rain bands from the Hurricane and went up to his shop. I fully thought she would get there, see the needle, and chicken out. I guess she fooled me. This thing is MUCH larger than I expected it to be. Its about 8 inches from top to bottom.
So the outline is done & she will go back in about 10 days to get the color done.

Here is the picphotos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=119&iGalleryUnq=547&iImageUnq=30266

What do ya'll think?

Dude. I hate to say it, but that is an ugly tat. I don't think the artwork is up to par on that, and I wouldn't let it get carved in my skin. A better rendering might look better, but as it stands, the basic outline isn't good at all.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I think its cuuuuuute!! I want to  get a star tattooed  on my foot...which i think is  a good spot, b/c  i can  always wear socks if i want to hide it lol hubby is giving me a hard time about it, but its okay....lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#8]
When she gets fat, that will look like a picture of Paul Bunyan's wife wrestling a gorilla on top of a pair of giant jello mountains.  The "baby fairy" does not work over the top of the back door in most cases, but maybe it is different in your house,,,,hahahaha.

Why Dremel stupid shit all over yourself?  The fewer marks to ID you the better you will be.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Roarke had a Tattoo, and I didn't  hear anyone bitching about that.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When she gets fat, that will look like a picture of Paul Bunyan's wife wrestling a gorilla on top of a pair of giant jello mountains.  The "baby fairy" does not work over the top of the back door in most cases, but maybe it is different in your house,,,,hahahaha.

Why Dremel stupid shit all over yourself?  The fewer marks to ID you the better you will be.

Hee hee!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#11]
No tat's on me, and Mrs. Tanker is needle-phobic enough as it is, let alone getting anything like that
done voluntarily! It's not for me, but, hey, who am I to speak about what you do or don't like, or
should/shouldn't do. To each their own.

Actually, once it gets colored in, it should look pretty nice.

I once dated a girl who was in the Navy, and had a HUGE tat on her back, of a black leopard
climbing up her back. She had to wear a heavy undershirt, under her duty uniform, so it wouldn't
show through her dress shirt.

Didn't get enough dating into it to figure out they 'why' of it, and that's just as well. Turned out to be
a serious psycho-hosebeast, and I did the smart thing and got out of Dodge!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By  echo6
Here is the pic

What do ya'll think?

Quoted:
 The poster didn't post " do you like it or Not "..... He was simply shareing.... Now Mama once said " If ya ain't got nothing nice to say, DON"T say anything at all ".  Lets be Adults here...WD

Seems to me he did ask what the members thought ?

I do agree with you on the correct thing to do

" If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all "  

It her body not mine.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#13]
2 Words,

ZOOM OUT

then take anohter pic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No tat's on me, and Mrs. Tanker is needle-phobic enough as it is, let alone getting anything like that
done voluntarily! It's not for me, but, hey, who am I to speak about what you do or don't like, or
should/shouldn't do. To each their own.

No kidding--and PAYING for it.  

It's funny another tattoo thread comes up--last Saturday (the one two days ago) I saw a family in a small town in north Missouri (Redneck/ridgerunner country) leaving the small grocery store.  They had few teeth, ragged clothes, a real POS truck--but a BUNCH of tattoos.  This is NO reference whatsoever to Mr./Mrs. Echo6--this just happens to be a handy place to post it, as it also deals with a tattoo--but I recall thinking to myself--the very poorest people always have plenty of money for stuff they WANT, like tattoos.  

As someone with 9 tattoos and counting, let me just say that very rarely are the trailer park tattoos of any quality.  I almost hate showing my tattoos in certain circles because inevitably some toothless wonder comes up to you with the ink that his cousin did with a guitar needle and wants you to tell him how nice it was.

If I had paid for all of my ink I'd be out around $3k by now.  I wouldn't have gotten the last 6 if I had to pay for them.  Fortunately for me one of my oldest and closest friends is a phenomenal tattoo artist (ask Echo, he's seen my ink).  Fortunately for my mom (she hates my ink except for the one memorializing her dad) he lives 7 hours away.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, if it makes you happy, then it was worth it. Personally I know I'd eventually get sick of about any tattoo I could ever dream up so I've not done it.

Pretty neat tat, I'm interested in seeing it when it's done.

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What do ya'll think?

As far as the technical aspects,  looks good so far.  I am not a big fan of tattos in general and personally would pass on getting one and would prefer my immediate family not to get one either.

Since it looks like it is a done deal,  hope  yall both continue to enjoy it for years to come.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
People get tatoos for themselves, not for what everyone else thinks about them.  

Bzzzt!! Wrong answer!  

If you really believe that, then I'm sure you think that women wear spiked high heels because "They are soooooooo comfortable!  Really!"

It has nothing to do with other people.  

Right.

Why did you get yours?

My tattoo or my high heels?  

Everybody who gets tattoos wants someone, somewhere to admire them. Everybody thinks that their tats are cool, and by extension, so are they.

For some, their pleasure comes when people admire them, even if it's just when the admirer "gets it", whatever "it" is.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  

I have three tattoos which no one outside my household sees. I don't show them off. My husband and I are the only ones admiring them. So, in my case, your hypothosis is.. well... dead wrong.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
People get tatoos for themselves, not for what everyone else thinks about them.  

Bzzzt!! Wrong answer!  

If you really believe that, then I'm sure you think that women wear spiked high heels because "They are soooooooo comfortable!  Really!"

It has nothing to do with other people.  

Right.

Why did you get yours?

My tattoo or my high heels?  

Everybody who gets tattoos wants someone, somewhere to admire them. Everybody thinks that their tats are cool, and by extension, so are they.

For some, their pleasure comes when people admire them, even if it's just when the admirer "gets it", whatever "it" is.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  

I have three tattoos which no one outside my household sees. I don't show them off. My husband and I are the only ones admiring them. So, in my case, your hypothosis is.. well... dead wrong.

Your husband isn't a "someone"?  I know you didn't mean to suggest that!  

What's wrong with admitting that you enjoy them and want (certain) others too enjoy them as well?  While some tats are more private than others. they're still meant for the enjoyment of you and yours.

I'd say that makes me,... well,... right!  

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah, because you have none of that with photographs.

Zombie, I don't know if your family photographs sad and miserable moments like when Uncle Ed tried to commit suicide or when Jeanie got gangbanged by a Canadian soccer team... But my family usually photographs the HAPPY TIMES - times you like to remember.

If you want to remember getting drunk or being young and have a wrinkled up "drawing" on the skin years later that CAN'T be removed (besides laser procedures), go ahead. I can put photos back in a box, if you tear off your tattoo and put it in a box, you'll bleed to death.

Mrs. E6 was done in a tasteful manner, but I don't know. I wouldn't want something like that on my body until I die.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#21]

just kidding!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice body art Mrs. Echo6. The color will really bring out the design very nicely.
I have work starting on my biceps, accross my shoulders and down my spine. Mostly revearse shading creating realistic style celtic bone knots breaking out of the skin... Maybe I'll post a pic later. For those who don't like em??? oh fucking well...lol, that just breaks my heart
--RR
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I just wanted to step in and say the negative comments do not bother me at all. I am very happy with it myself and just wondered what others thought.
I expected some negative posts, some were worded a little harsh but oh well.

For those of you who like it thanks!

I may or may not post the finished version.

As far as the comment about high IQ's and Tattoos not mixing... Mine is well into the triple digits, I am a college grad and an upper level executive with my company.
Signed
Mrs E6
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Mine is well into the triple digits, I am a college grad and an upper level executive with my company.
Signed
Mrs E6

And a damn cool chick to boot!

(am I allowed to call executives "chicks"?)
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine is well into the triple digits, I am a college grad and an upper level executive with my company.
Signed
Mrs E6

And a damn cool chick to boot!

(am I allowed to call executives "chicks"?)

LOL chick is ok by me

Mrs E6
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm relieved to learn that you're callous to the foul comments.

Congratulations on a fine tattoo.  

I like it.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have long admired the one on sgtar15's upper arm.  Very cool.  

even if it is spelled wrong
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

???
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

???

It was discussed in another thread that one of the characters is incorrect.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#31]
My wife wants both of us to get one.  I told her we will when we go to germany because they have a kind there that slowly goes away in about 3 years.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because you have none of that with photographs.

Zombie, I don't know if your family photographs sad and miserable moments like when Uncle Ed tried to commit suicide or when Jeanie got gangbanged by a Canadian soccer team... But my family usually photographs the HAPPY TIMES - times you like to remember.

If you want to remember getting drunk or being young and have a wrinkled up "drawing" on the skin years later that CAN'T be removed (besides laser procedures), go ahead. I can put photos back in a box, if you tear off your tattoo and put it in a box, you'll bleed to death.

Mrs. E6 was done in a tasteful manner, but I don't know. I wouldn't want something like that on my body until I die.

My response was to this: "The location doesn't matter, the fact is you'll have this wrinkled AND UGLY reminder from 40 years ago saying, "HEY, I WAS ONCE BEAUTIFUL AND YOUNG."

What does that have to do with the shit that happens in one's life? A person can look at a photo from 20 years ago and see how young they were. You will be reminded of that you're not getting younger every day you look in the mirror.

Who cares what my tattoo looks like when I'm 65? I'm going to be more worried about my blood pressure, cancer, failing eyesight, arthritis, and pissing myself that what a tattoo I got 40 years ago looks like.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My wife wants both of us to get one.  I told her we will when we go to germany because they have a kind there that slowly goes away in about 3 years.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do ya'll think?

As far as the technical aspects,  looks good so far.  I am not a big fan of tattos in general and personally would pass on getting one and would prefer my immediate family not to get one either.

Since it looks like it is a done deal,  hope  yall both continue to enjoy it for years to come.

I think its hilarious that bubba the red neck has had one of the nices responses yet.

Not commenting on the actual person but the screen name and the response surprised me.

BTW, like the tat,

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Wow.  All this time I thought tattoos belonged in the world of bikers, convicts, Samoans, drunks, and wannabe's.  I learned something new today:  upper level executive chicks are ex-con biker wannabe's too!  And "well into the triple digits" IQ!!  That's like 500 or 600!!  See 'ya at the next Mensa meeting!

Quoted:
I just wanted to step in and say the negative comments do not bother me at all. I am very happy with it myself and just wondered what others thought.
I expected some negative posts, some were worded a little harsh but oh well.

For those of you who like it thanks!

I may or may not post the finished version.

As far as the comment about high IQ's and Tattoos not mixing... Mine is well into the triple digits, I am a college grad and an upper level executive with my company.
Signed
Mrs E6

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top