BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry I'm late... are we jerking ourselves off again about how great the cops used to be?

View Quote

Yes, and we're also telling ourselves that if it weren't for the police there would be less crime and more self-reliance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Funny how the last couple of decades of "militarization" has led to reduced crime rates, the lowest homicide rates in a century, and very reduced LEO line-of-duty deaths.
View Quote

Correlation does not equal causality.  There's a shit load of reasons why crime rates have gone down... I doubt changes in police equipment is in the top 87.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Correlation does not equal causality.  There's a shit load of reasons why crime rates have gone down... I doubt changes in police equipment is in the top 87.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny how the last couple of decades of "militarization" has led to reduced crime rates, the lowest homicide rates in a century, and very reduced LEO line-of-duty deaths.

The explosion of welfare spending has more to do with it than police.  

The police claiming the crown of "reduced crime rates" given their abysmal clearance rates of serious crimes makes that crown nothing more than the paper trinket kids get from Burger King.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In celebration of this thread I'm going to order some more cargo pants and since the military banned Pmags I will swap to US GI mags.
View Quote

Keep your PMAGs there are ways around the ban
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Name a police department that wouldn't be dead, captured or running like hell by 2:30 if the 82nd Airborne came fluttering out of the sky on city hall about now?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thoughts? I read this today. It was written by a LEO. I find it quite profound.

The purpose of a military is, by it's very nature, to train to destroy something or to actually destroy it. The fact that with our military we are capable of conducting other missions is, irrelevant. The primary purpose of a military is to destroy.

On the other hand, the primary purpose of police is to preserve order, as well as protect and serve the public. By and large, they are not supposed to be destroying anything.

Agree or disagree? Can the militarization of police be stopped? If so, how?
Name a police department that wouldn't be dead, captured or running like hell by 2:30 if the 82nd Airborne came fluttering out of the sky on city hall about now?  

But....but....but.....MOLLE!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not to mention constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be the feds
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The insight provided by people who have no clue wtf they are talking about is absolutely priceless.
View Quote

I think that is one of the OP'ers points.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That explains the Arfcom gear queers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's cool to go all tactical, feels all manly and shit.

That explains the Arfcom gear queers.  
This. From what I see on here, and you tube, it's okay for anyone in the US to get militarized, it's a national past-time..

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#13]
We should go back to pre 1985ish, that would make GD real happy I bet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Standby for massive incoming barrage of derp.

Pants pockets
Sheriff Andy didn't need it
Molle is evil
Doesn't look professional
What do they need __________________ for?
FEMA trains
Roided out pussies
Jokes about shooting dags
Police don't need tanks
If all you have is a hammer.....
War on Drugs

It's almost as if this has been discussed before

View Quote

Hmmmm... we all seem.... familiar.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, but, but things were so much better before those men in black robes meddled with everything.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
But, but, but things were so much better before those men in black robes meddled with everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, well back in the early 80s, the men in white robes were meddling.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The America you grew up in is not today's America.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/acab_zps79477a69.jpg

Right click, save.

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I always find it interesting to hear those stories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry I'm late... are we jerking ourselves off again about how great the cops used to be?

Ahh yes... the days of 'street justice'.

Excuse me, you mean "The Good Old Days of Policing".

I always find it interesting to hear those stories.

You ain't kidding.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought these threads were only allowed on Monday's. Haven't we already at least one of these this week.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And who are they?  The criminals, of course.  Is it not also in some cases, liberals, hippies, welfare leeches, obama voters, libertarians, scofflaws, progressives, lenient judges, uneducated juries, stupid drivers, loud cellphone talkers, .07 BAC drivers, dope heads, pro-choicers, and cop haters?

In other words, just about everyone else...

That isn't the problem at all, the reality is we as a nation rely too heavily on government solutions.  Government can't fix anything, never has, never will.  At best they can temporarily hide the eyesores, but they still resurface eventually.  The problem is government over-involvement.  The best way for people to solve their problems is themselves as much as possible.  The pertinent point for this thread is cut the number of cops by 90%, reinstill in the people the necessity to take care of almost all of their own problems and security.  The Nation will again rise to the occasion, not without some difficulties, but at least we won't have an uncontrollable monster to blame for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"..in this society".

Problem is, not everybody believes in this society.

There are people that have absolutely no regard for the fabric of this Nation or her society.

And who are they?  The criminals, of course.  Is it not also in some cases, liberals, hippies, welfare leeches, obama voters, libertarians, scofflaws, progressives, lenient judges, uneducated juries, stupid drivers, loud cellphone talkers, .07 BAC drivers, dope heads, pro-choicers, and cop haters?

In other words, just about everyone else...

That isn't the problem at all, the reality is we as a nation rely too heavily on government solutions.  Government can't fix anything, never has, never will.  At best they can temporarily hide the eyesores, but they still resurface eventually.  The problem is government over-involvement.  The best way for people to solve their problems is themselves as much as possible.  The pertinent point for this thread is cut the number of cops by 90%, reinstill in the people the necessity to take care of almost all of their own problems and security.  The Nation will again rise to the occasion, not without some difficulties, but at least we won't have an uncontrollable monster to blame for it.

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Lets get to oppressin' then

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#25]
It will be stopped when the military takes over the police and then they will all be "Military Police" which will make it all ok
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Feel free to list some facts to back up those statements.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It will be stopped when the military takes over the police and then they will all be "Military Police" which will make it all ok
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Former VP Spiro Agnew: Americans prefer policeman's batons over an anarchist's bombs.

I think the mood to police swings back and forth. After the Boston bombing, the police were very popular. Other times, less so.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Could we please stop referring to cargo pants.  The correct term is "assault pants" or "high capacity pants".  When civilians wear them they are called "modern sporting pants" or "regular capacity pants".
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Standby for massive incoming barrage of derp.

Pants pockets
Sheriff Andy didn't need it
Molle is evil
Doesn't look professional
What do they need __________________ for?
FEMA trains
Roided out pussies
Jokes about shooting dags
Police don't need tanks
If all you have is a hammer.....
War on Drugs

It's almost as if this has been discussed before

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly state that I have always paid my taxes on my off duty cargo pant excursions.

That is all.

You may return to your regularly scheduled herp & derp.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet that police forces have been equipped and trained in similar ways to military since the dawn of police forces
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I think just beating this into people's heads would help

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think just beating this into people's heads would help

7.Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

This is the problem that is at the core of the militerization of the police.   The public no longer views police in in cargo pants, kevlar helmets, APC's and all the other stuff that cops these days seem to want to use as being on the same side as them.  

The People no longer see these cops/military people as being an extension of the People.  They see them as a force only answerable to the government and not them.  

You all can laugh it off as much as you like.  You can go ahead of make fun of this post as much as you like.  But that does not change the truth of the matter.  At some point in time, militarerized police will be seen by the People as being nothing more than agents of a government who is at odds with the People.  If and when a critical mass of People in the country reach that point, then who knows what the hell is going to happen.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I bet that police forces have been equipped and trained in similar ways to military since the dawn of police forces
View Quote

Maybe some.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#35]
What's wrong with everyone?

The people that work in government are the angels of our better nature.  They have only our best interest at heart, and only wish to care for us. The only people who need fear them are evil, and bad.  Good people need not be concerned.  

Trust them.  They are good.  They'd never storm your home, shoot your dog, or cage you. If you believe otherwise you're a tinfoil hat nut, or a bad person.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

We had Vietnam surplus stuff in the early 80s. One of my old time Sergeants told me we a racks of Thompsons until 68.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A bigger question... how do we stop re-registered banned members?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The purpose of a military is, by it's very nature, to train to destroy something or to actually destroy it. The fact that with our military we are capable of conducting other missions is, irrelevant. The primary purpose of a military is to destroy.

On the other hand, the primary purpose of police is to preserve order, as well as protect and serve the public. By and large, they are not supposed to be destroying anything.

Bye bye Eddie.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Brought to you by the war on drugs.

Its simple.  Cops crack down on illegal drug people, illegal drug people arm themselves to fight the police.

Pretty simple really.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Nothing to see here.  We don't have too many LEO's, laws, regulations, courts, attorneys, prosecutors, parole officers, jailers, or administrators...

WE'RE #1!!!!!

We need MORE!  And we need to pay MORE taxes to make sure they have lots of cool equipment!

WE'RE #1

(Don't you feel safe?)

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boomtastic.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nothing to see here.  We don't have too many LEO's, laws, regulations, courts, attorneys, prosecutors, parole officers, jailers, or administrators...

WE'RE #1!!!!!
http://media.salon.com/2012/10/Screen-Shot-2012-10-15-at-10.25.43-AM.png

We need MORE!  And we need to pay MORE taxes to make sure they have lots of cool equipment!

WE'RE #1
(Don't you feel safe?)

View Quote

Lets see one by race in country
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#43]
My thoughts:
  I would make an officer dress as an officer. They are not commandos they are peace officers.  No more masks and bloused pants.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#45]
My thoughts:
  I would make an officer dress as an officer. They are not commandos they are peace officers.  No more masks and bloused pants.
  Suits and ties.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My thoughts:
  Suits and ties.
View Quote

Seems wildly impractical when officers have to do anything beyond standing around and looking pretty.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

Boom, like that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#49]
65mph in a 14 ton MRAP has got to get you a woody.
If Paul Walker had been in one of these, he'd stll be alive!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#50]
ibtl bye eddie
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top