Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, a BM bbl we ordered from BM in November finally shipped.  They were supposedly backordered something like 25,000+ bbls at that time.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. The prices have been stupid the past month +, I have been waiting for reality to sink back in with most of the sellers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think that what it is is the holiday season plus credit card bills are preventing people from buying these things...

you forgot the layoffs.

I look for the pawnshops to do a big business around Jan 18th when the Christmas CC bills hit. By Feb 15th they should be swamped.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yup, a BM bbl we ordered from BM in November finally shipped.  They were supposedly backordered something like 25,000+ bbls at that time.

I'm still waiting on the super lightweight that I ordered back in October.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Im betting that about the time the supply is close to normal again,in about two months , the impending regs and bans will have everyone scurrying to buy again.......and then that'll be it.

Lets hope that everyone that missed out before November learned their lesson.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
A week after the election a vendor raised it's magazine prices twice. I asked why was the price increased twice in less than a week. He said that once his stock was gone that he won't be able to replenish (from overseas) until Summer of next year and that with the AWB in the horizon he was even thinking about going out of business in less than 6 months.

Today he still have it in stock, reduced the price and selling at pre-election prices again.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I posted on this topic before. I figure if you did not have what you thought you needed, BEFORE, the election. You pretty much "Stepped on your own Dick!" Lets face it. Almost all of us here knew the "Ass Hole" was going to win, and what that would mean.

If you are caught NOW trying to buy lots of stuff. There's nobody to blame, except yourself. Sure lots of us need a few more items. But they shouldn't be big ticket ones. Or you didn't practice the 6-P principal.

As to seeing the bottom drop out of the market. When Joe Fudd, decides he didn't really need that AR/AK, and the 2 cases of ammo he bought. Don't keep your hand in your back pocket, waiting for that to happen. It'll likely grow to your ass, in the mean time. He didn't buy that shit to sell it tomorrow. If he did buy it to sell it at a later date. I doubt he's going to sell it at a loss.

Prices will stay high, I believe. SOME mag prices probably, come back down to around where they were before the election. AK mags?, I'm not so sure about those. Ammo , is another thing. Com block prices, I see staying high. Possibly new production 5.56x45, may come back down to some kind of reality, maybe.

Bottom line, should have been prepared.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FWIW . . .  Lewis Machine Tools advised me toady that "All products are 16 to 20 week minimum for delivery of new orders."

I'd purchase at regular price and wait the 16-20 weeks for delivery before I'd pay twice the value to have it in 1 week.

Yep, I prefer to pay the regular price and wait also. I'm in no hurry.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it me or is the NEW EE not doing much buisness?

I don't think that many are aware of it. Those who do know about it but aren't using it will be forced to when the old EE disappears suddenly one day.

Wait a minute, we have a new EE? Please tell me more, where can I find this new EE?
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Does this mean I missed the window of opportunity to unload my Pmags at 30 bucks a pop?
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I posted on this topic before. I figure if you did not have what you thought you needed, BEFORE, the election. You pretty much "Stepped on your own Dick!" Lets face it. Almost all of us here knew the "Ass Hole" was going to win, and what that would mean.
If you are caught NOW trying to buy lots of stuff. There's nobody to blame, except yourself. Sure lots of us need a few more items. But they shouldn't be big ticket ones. Or you didn't practice the 6-P principal.
As to seeing the bottom drop out of the market. When Joe Fudd, decides he didn't really need that AR/AK, and the 2 cases of ammo he bought. Don't keep your hand in your back pocket, waiting for that to happen. It'll likely grow to your ass, in the mean time. He didn't buy that shit to sell it tomorrow. If he did buy it to sell it at a later date. I doubt he's going to sell it at a loss.
Prices will stay high, I believe. SOME mag prices probably, come back down to around where they were before the election. AK mags?, I'm not so sure about those. Ammo , is another thing. Com block prices, I see staying high. Possibly new production 5.56x45, may come back down to some kind of reality, maybe.
Bottom line, should have been prepared.

I Think you meant Messiah/Savior/Mother Teresa of the Poor
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Or some paper towels for a quick wipedown of it.

Quoted:

Did you get a new $12 fan with the profits?

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 6:59:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Going Down.........

I Told you so.

Hee Hee....three outstanding deals in less than a week....  I am a happy camper.

Every day I open up the ee and smile when I see that legal transfers, spikes, essential arms, and others have stuff in stock.  I love seeing an add for a stripped lower for 150 more than the same lower brand new in the next lower.

FALL FALL FALL
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I did notice at a gun show  this weekend that prices of C&R stuff had moderated and availability  was decent.  Mostly older guys selling their collections.  Buy low, sell high!
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Good
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#19]
i see it too. My panic buying is stopped and I'm just watching. Starting to see price pressure easing a little.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#20]
You mean the $500 basic WASR-10s, and $700 Tapco-fucked WASR-10s aren't good buys?
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You mean the $500 basic WASR-10s, and $700 Tapco-fucked WASR-10s aren't good buys?

I still haven't seen any wasr-10s for under 550.00

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#22]
not only that factor in worsening economic conditions, people (gun owners and those that want) will be less inclined to buy new toys.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I have lashed myself to the mast to prevent myself from panic buying, knowing that prices will go down.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#24]
People who already have certain firearms who WANTED another one have now switched over to other things [like ammo] until prices drop some. Pretty typical. I'd rather have one or two firearms and a couple K of ammo then 100 firearms and 20 rounds to shoot in them. Besides, ammo is a consumable product, a firearm isn't.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I openly admit it, I did some panic buying. But atleast I didn't pay "panic" prices. And now...I'm set.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell, I have been buying all along thru the panic.  I just haven't paid retail on anything.  I have been buying when I spot good deals.  Problem is, most stuff I purchased, I turned around and sold for couple hundred more the next day, so my collection of firearms has stayed about the same.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I agree but, I'll admit that I "Thought" you were going to start listing all the Class-9 (Repair parts) M-4/'A4 stuff that I see floating around these days at 1/2 the going rate! lol
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top