Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that they don't just kill people, they send them straight to hell.  That is all.

The best thing is they can be replaced with a Sig P220

Or get both, or several of each like I did.  

yep. nothing like a nice double action 1st round trigger that like bending a nail
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn! How about a little more shootin and a little less postin...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that they don't just kill people, they send them straight to hell.  That is all.

yep. nothing like a nice double action 1st round trigger that like bending a nail

If the trigger is too heavy for you I suggest a little exercise... get a q-tip and two Life Savers and fashion a mini barbel and do index finger curls...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have had over 20 1911s in my life.   I have never had a malfunction of any kind. all of them  have been colts but one

any decent  1911 will work.  guys that claim other wise used to have  llamas, had some moron fucking with a good one. or just have no experience with them and just talks shit.

and any machine should be oiled regardless of  if its plastic or steel.  there is no reason not to oil any weapon

Horse shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have had over 20 1911s in my life.   I have never had a malfunction of any kind. all of them  have been colts but one

any decent  1911 will work.  guys that claim other wise used to have  llamas, had some moron fucking with a good one. or just have no experience with them and just talks shit.

and any machine should be oiled regardless of  if its plastic or steel.  there is no reason not to oil any weapon

Horse shit.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horse shit.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/laurakmm/YOU-MAD.jpg

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Horse shit.

It's not a gun that lends itself to mass production with bad QC. It needs a FEW more steps than just pouring melted legos into a mold in some Austrian warehouse.

When the gun is made PROPERLY, it's flawless. When it's made quickly and cheaply, you get lemons.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the trigger is too heavy for you I suggest a little exercise... get a q-tip and two Life Savers and fashion a mini barbel and do index finger curls...

No kidding.  I guess revolvers are useless too.  My Sigs have a pretty damn nice trigger pull.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Unless they get dirty.

Then they wont do a damn thing.

Horseshit.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My new avatar will be a photo of my Glock 19 and my Springfield 1911 in a bowl of popcorn together, living in perfect harmony.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There's a petite young woman from Los Angeles walking around today with four .45 caliber holes in her chest, fired from a USGI M1911, that would disagree.

That's because she wasn't going to hell...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Why do I try to fit in every crowd?  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Horse shit.

It's not a gun that lends itself to mass production with bad QC. It needs a FEW more steps than just pouring melted legos into a mold in some Austrian warehouse.

When the gun is made PROPERLY, it's flawless. When it's made quickly and cheaply, you get lemons.

Agreed entirely. I will however add that while what you said about cheap/fast is accurate, even the slow and expensive ones can get botched.

It's a design that doesn't that doesn't lend itself to modern manufacturing techniques, or wonky "improvements."
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since I took the time to learn how to properly clean and maintain my 1911's, I haven't had one damn issue with their functionality.  No "custom" jobs in my cabinet.

Why is it I've only seen pictures of KB's on Glocks or other plastic stuff.  While such pictures may exist for 1911's, I've never seen them.  I'll be waiting................

Still waiting.....................
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since I took the time to learn how to properly clean and maintain my 1911's, I haven't had one damn issue with their functionality.  No "custom" jobs in my cabinet.

Why is it I've only seen pictures of KB's on Glocks or other plastic stuff.  While such pictures may exist for 1911's, I've never seen them.  I'll be waiting................

Now you can see.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There's a petite young woman from Los Angeles walking around today with four .45 caliber holes in her chest, fired from a USGI M1911, that would disagree.

Link?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Horse shit.

Agreed entirely. I will however add that while what you said about cheap/fast is accurate, even the slow and expensive ones can get botched.

It's a design that doesn't that doesn't lend itself to modern manufacturing techniques, or wonky "improvements."

Blue=Nonsense.
Kimber made a big name for themselves back in the 90's using modern techniques. Colt has been using CNC for a few years and they are the best 1911's from them in decades

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Don't believe the story has ever been published online. Robert Kolesar (the responding officer, LAPD) outlined the event on pages 19-20 of Shooting Times' 2010 Personal Defense issue.

Cliff notes: Female Hispanic teenager, ~100lb, was shot center mass four times at distance less than five feet. The shooter fled - she remained standing, walked half a block to a payphone, dialed 911, and walked to a nearby bus stop to wait for the ambulance. She was conscious and conversational until going in to surgery. The weapon, a USGI M1911, was recovered still loaded with two rounds of Winchester 230gr FMJ.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Horse shit.

Blue=Nonsense.
Kimber made a big name for themselves back in the 90's using modern techniques. Colt has been using CNC for a few years and they are the best 1911's from them in decades

The CNC machined parts still require a greater amount of skilled labor to fit/assemble than the plastic fantastics.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh I get it
Because if you add up 1+9+1+1=12 then 1+2=3 then 4+5=9 then 3+9-12then 1+2=3& then the common denominator for the item is 3 mulitiplied by itself=9 turned upside down is 6 which is, of course, the devils number thus, the 1911 should actually be called the "666" gun!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/amtkaboom1-1-tm.jpg

http://gunner.sixshootercommunity.org/1911/KaBoom.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_32FEB60Zmv4/S0yaO_eYO2I/AAAAAAAAE4k/2YBlSN_b0kg/s1600-h/01-2cf6sed.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_32FEB60Zmv4/S0yaO_eYO2I/AAAAAAAAE4k/2YBlSN_b0kg/s400/01-2cf6sed.jpg

I knew there must've been some pix out there......
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I get it

Because if you add up 1+9+1+1=12 then 1+2=3 then 4+5=9 then 3+9-12then 1+2=3& then the common denominator for the item is 3 mulitiplied by itself=9 turned upside down is 6 which is, of course, the devils number thus, the 1911 should actually be called the "666" gun!

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Or just upgrade from the 1911 to the XDM-45
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
America's Samurai Sword.

I have never thought of it that way but it is a good point

Neither have I but it's an accurate description.

Now I want a commander model and two cross draw holster to carry my pistols..
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I lol'd

i love me them 1911's
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless they get dirty.

Then they wont do a damn thing.

Horseshit.

I seen't it man. I seen't it with my own two eyes.

1911's are nice guns though.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
IBCGFB (in before  crybaby glock fan boys)

Whooops...too late.

Pull out your tampon and learn to shoot a REAL MANS' gun.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo80/hardridincwby28/motivator67c60f60520240aeb8ff9db14a.jpg

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#31]
tag for the derp derp
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#32]
1911s have a soul.
Made of steel and wood, an elegant weapon for a more civilized time.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Love it.

Sigline material for the taking right there.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

JMB approves of this message

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#36]
It hurts like hell when you get hit with one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My new avatar will be a photo of my Glock 19 and my Springfield 1911 in a bowl of popcorn together, living in perfect harmony.

It's good to know that I am not the only person on ARFCOM who likes both 1911's AND Glocks.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It hurts like hell when you get hit with one.

Not as bad as .38 revolvers - even superman ducked from them sumbitches.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#39]
1911's are good mmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#40]
You guys must have had some real dog shit guns to feel this way. I’ve pulled used parts out of a box and threw together parts guns that worked great. I got a new Rock Island right out of the box that ate a whole box of ammo the first time out with no problem; all I did was hit it with a little WD40. I must be lucky.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top