BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The sign in the background says “Gotham Opera House”, and batman posters.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142217/B62B398B-421B-4518-987E-5D345B314FE5-644531.jpg
View Quote
At least the hammer is cocked.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Many of you seem to dislike the movie because you disagree with the character's motivations and their foibles.  Except that is the point.  The whole point of the film is to be a faithful adaptation of the comic, and it does that well.

The characters are all horrible people, including Rorschach (remember, he dropped a sick man down an elevator shaft for no reason).  But, we are talking about "regular" people who donned costumes to punish criminals (ego much?) These characters are flawed by design.

The commentary is that even flawed people need to stand up to tyrannical masterminds who have "our best interests in mind."  It's definitely borne out of the counterculture of the late 60's with a 70's anti-hero feel.  It's definitely more anarcho-revolutionary than it is ordered liberty.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Many of you seem to dislike the movie because you disagree with the character's motivations and their foibles.  Except that is the point.  The whole point of the film is to be a faithful adaptation of the comic, and it does that well.

The characters are all horrible people, including Rorschach (remember, he dropped a sick man down an elevator shaft for no reason).  But, we are talking about "regular" people who donned costumes to punish criminals (ego much?) These characters are flawed by design.

The commentary is that even flawed people need to stand up to tyrannical masterminds who have "our best interests in mind."  It's definitely borne out of the counterculture of the late 60's with a 70's anti-hero feel.  It's definitely more anarcho-revolutionary than it is ordered liberty.
View Quote
Well in fairness the guy asked to be punished
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I recently rewatched it too. Damn good.

No mention of this one? It's in my top 5:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuuXSYjDX-aEB2OQgSifaDL0oRqscL6e44hIf0GSccPniOxFZS

(I know he's not a super hero, but it's a comic so wahteva)
View Quote
Loved, LOVED that movie.

"Citizens of peach trees..."
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
The comic was meant to be an ode to nihilism. No such thing as real heroes or villains, shades of grey BS. Everything you do is in vain, sneering cynicism, blah, blah, blah, fuck you.
I hate that defeatist shit.
The movie was fantastic, though. Far better than the comic.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
ok I just watched this on Amazon... I don't watch any of these "superhero" movies really... I don't know anything about any of them anyway other than like Batman/Superman stuff... I liked the movie and the story... was really different.

I kinda wanna be The Comedian..
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I didn't realize Watchman is on Amazon Prime. I have not watched it in years. Watching again I am even more convinced it's an annoying dystopian movie based on a comic by an annoying antifa anarchist. Hero is a rapist, hero dies with cape caught in door, hero ends up in mental institute, heroine is a bitter old drunk who looks fondly on her rapist, hero gives his loved one's cancer with his super power, hero didn't know his parents, hero fights crime because his mom was a whore, etc

It's a great movie but still a very left and kind of anti American movie
View Quote
Ozymandias gave people cancer to manipulate John. He confessed it at the end IIRC.
ETA: beat like a rented mule.

To me it seems the message was anyone will become a monster if pushed far enough. Roarshach was comfortable with his demons. John was so utterly changed he couldn't care about humanity.
It looked to me, in the rape scene, she was disappointed when the others broke it up. I think she liked rough sex. He knew she did, somehow.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The actress who played the love interest has done a nude scene. Just saying.

Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ozymandias gave people cancer to manipulate John. He confessed it at the end IIRC.

To me it seems the message was anyone will become a monster if pushed far enough. Roarshach was comfortable with his demons. John was so utterly changed he couldn't care about humanity.
It looked to me, in the rape scene, she was disappointed when the others broke it up. I think she liked rough sex. He knew she did, somehow.
View Quote
She did have sex with him later despite what he did.
The comedian was silk spectre 2's father.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He was in The Bad News Bears as a kid.
View Quote
Kelly Leak.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#13]
It's great if you're an edgelord
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
The origional rape scene, the comedian comments something like is this what you do? He’s acting like she’s wanting it rough, like she asked him in there.

Yes it’s still rape because she says no and he assaults her.

However she later goes back for more and gets pregnant.

At the end silk spectre 2 is having a go at her mother and silk spectre is smiling telling her it’s not really how it seems..

It’s all on the vision doctor manahaten sees in  Silk spectre 2s mind.

It’s left a little ambiguous if she really led him on.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The actress who played the love interest has done a nude scene. Just saying.

View Quote
In this very movie.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Haven't seen it in a while but I liked it.  In spite of the blue man being boring as fuck (and useless).
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top