Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for later

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]

One thing is for sure, the Devil is alive and well. You can feel his fear in this very thread. Do not listen to him as he whispers lies into your ears. His time is growing short and he knows it.

There is Truth in this thread, and the Devil hates the Truth, he wants you to join him in Hell and suffer right along with him. We as Humans were given Free Will and we alone choose our Fate.

I'm going to tag this to see what else the OP has to say. If you don't like it, you don't have to post in here or read what is posted.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, Probably should have posted in "religion" if you want serious discussion.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, I don't believe in the Rapture, but I do respect your faith and believe you did a good job of presenting it to the GD.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

One thing is for sure, the Devil is alive and well. You can feel his fear in this very thread. Do not listen to him as he whispers lies into your ears. His time is growing short and he knows it.

There is Truth in this thread, and the Devil hates the Truth, he wants you to join him in Hell and suffer right along with him. We as Humans were given Free Will and we alone choose our Fate.

I'm going to tag this to see what else the OP has to say. If you don't like it, you don't have to post in here or read what is posted.

So anyone who disagrees with a post-18th century rethink is a tool of the devil?

It's fine to assume that evil atheists are devil-spawn, but there is quite a spectrum of thought within the Christian community about this very topic.  

If you want a pat on the back and prefer a thread that really cups the balls, go to the religion forum.  The reality is that the diversity of thought, from early Christian writers to Luther to looney-Camper, permeates this issue.  It is a fascinating topic, as are a variety of religious beliefs and their origins.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The devil told me to post in this thread. He says hi.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Who to believe.....Hmmm....

Failed prophecies:
About 30 CE: The Christian Scriptures (New Testament), when interpreted literally, appear to record many predictions by Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ) that God's Kingdom would arrive within a very short period, or was actually in the process of arriving. For example, Jesus is recorded as saying in Matthew 16:28: "...there shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." In Matthew 24:34, Yeshua is recorded as saying: "...This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." Since the life expectancy in those days was little over 30 years, Jesus appears to have predicted his second coming sometime during the 1st century CE. It didn't happen. More details.

About 60 CE:  Interpreting the Epistles of Paul of Tarsus literally, his writings seem to imply that Jesus would return and usher in a rapture during the lifetime of persons who were living in the middle of the 1st century. More details.

About 90 CE: Saint Clement 1 predicted that the world end would occur at any moment.

2nd Century CE: Prophets and Prophetesses of the Montanist movement predicted that Jesus would return sometime during their lifetime and establish the New Jerusalem in the city of Pepuza in Asia Minor.

365 CE: A man by the name of Hilary of Poitiers, announced that the end would happen that year. It didn't.

375 to 400 CE: Saint Martin of Tours, a student of Hilary, was convinced that the end would happen sometime before 400 CE.

500 CE: This was the first year-with-a-nice-round-number-panic.   The antipope Hippolytus and an earlier Christian academic Sextus Julius Africanus had predicted Armageddon at about this year.

968 CE: An eclipse was interpreted as a prelude to the end of the world by the army of the German emperor Otto III.

992: Good Friday coincided with the Feast of the Annunciation; this had long been believed to be the event that would bring forth the Antichrist, and thus the end-times events foretold in the book of Revelation. Records from Germany report that a new sun rose in the north and that as many as 3 suns and 3 moons were fighting. There does not appear to be independent verification of this remarkable event.

1000-JAN-1: Many Christians in Europe had predicted the end of the world on this date. As the date approached, Christian armies waged war against some of the Pagan countries in Northern Europe. The motivation was to convert them all to Christianity, by force if necessary, before Christ returned in the year 1000. Meanwhile, some Christians had given their possessions to the Church in anticipation of the end. Fortunately, the level of education was so low that many citizens were unaware of the year. They did not know enough to be afraid. Otherwise, the panic might have been far worse than it was. Unfortunately, when Jesus did not appear, the church did not return the gifts. Serious criticism of the Church followed. The Church reacted by exterminating some heretics. Agitation settled down quickly, as it later did in the year 2000.

1000-MAY: The body of Charlemagne was disinterred on Pentecost. A legend had arisen that an emperor would rise from his sleep to fight the Antichrist.

1005-1006: A terrible famine throughout Europe was seen as a sign of the nearness of the end.

1033: Some believed this to be the 1000th anniversary of the death and resurrection of Jesus. His second coming was anticipated. Jesus' actual date of execution is unknown, but is believed to be in the range of 27 to 33 CE.

1147: Gerard of Poehlde decided that the millennium had actually started in 306 CE during Constantine's reign. Thus, the world end was expected in 1306 CE.

1179: John of Toledo predicted the end of the world during 1186. This estimate was based on the alignment of many planets.

1205: Joachim of Fiore predicted in 1190 that the Antichrist was already in the world, and that King Richard of England would defeat him. The Millennium would then begin, sometime before 1205.

1284: Pope Innocent III computed this date by adding 666 years onto the date the Islam was founded.

1346 and later: The black plague spread across Europe, killing one third of the population. This was seen as the prelude to an immediate end of the world. Unfortunately, the Christians had previously killed a many of the cats, fearing that they might be familiars of Witches. The fewer the cats, the more the rats. It was the rat fleas that spread the black plague.

1496: This was approximately 1500 years after the birth of Jesus. Some mystics in the 15th century predicted that the millennium would begin during this year.

1524: Many astrologers predicted the imminent end of the world due to a world wide flood. They obviously had not read the Genesis story of the rainbow.

1533: Melchior Hoffman predicted that Jesus' return would happen a millennium and a half after the nominal date of his execution, in 1533. The New Jerusalem was expected to be established in Strasbourg, Germany. He was arrested and died in a Strasbourg jail.

1669: The Old Believers in Russia believed that the end of the world would occur in this year. 20 thousand burned themselves to death between 1669 and 1690 to protect themselves from the Antichrist.

1689: Benjamin Keach, a 17th century Baptist, predicted the end of the world for this year.

1736: British theologian and mathematician William Whitson predicted a great flood similar to Noah's for OCT-13 of this year.

1792: This was the date of the end of the world calculated by some believers in the Shaker movement.

1794: Charles Wesley, one of the founders of Methodism, thought Doomsday would be in this year.

1830: Margaret McDonald, a Christian prophetess, predicted that Robert Owen would be the Antichrist. Owen helped found New Harmony, IN.

1832?: Joseph Smith (1805-1844) was the founder of the Church of Christ, which became the Restorationist movement after many schisms. It now includes The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints –– a.k.a. the Mormons, and about a hundred other denominations and sects. He heard a voice while praying. He wrote, in Doctrines and Covenants section 130:

14: "I was once praying very earnestly to know the time of the coming of the Son of Man, when I heard a voice repeat the following:"

15: "Joseph, my son, if thou livest until thou art eighty-five years old, thou shalt see the face of the Son of Man; therefore let this suffice, and trouble me no more on this matter."

16: "I was left thus, without being able to decide whether this coming referred to the beginning of the millennium or to some previous appearing, or whether I should die and thus see his face."

17: "I believe the coming of the Son of Man will not be any sooner than that time." 14
The year in which this event occurred is not recorded. However, one commentator suggested 1832 or earlier. 16 Smith is later recorded as having said:
"I prophesy in the name of the Lord God, and let it be written––the Son of Man will not come in the clouds of heaven till I am eighty-five years old." 17

Smith would have reached the age of 85 during 1890. Unfortunately, by that year, Smith had been dead for almost a half century, having been assassinated by a mob. Note that his prophecy is ambiguous. It can be interpreted that:

Jesus would return during 1890 (which did not materialize) or that
1890 would pass without Jesus' return (which did come to pass).  

Some anti-Mormon sources quote only verses 14 and 15, and draw the former conclusion –– that Smith's prophecy failed.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So anyone who disagrees with a post-18th century rethink is a tool of the devil?

It's fine to assume that evil atheists are devil-spawn, but there is quite a spectrum of thought within the Christian community about this very topic.  

If you want a pat on the back and prefer a thread that really cups the balls, go to the religion forum.  The reality is that the diversity of thought, from early Christian writers to Luther to looney-Camper, permeates this issue.  It is a fascinating topic, as are a variety of religious beliefs and their origins.

I guess you really got me there, huh? Last I read we can talk about anything in General Discussion. There are plenty of threads in GD that I don't like, so I don't read nor post in them.

I know, why pass up an opportunity to bash a person for their beliefs, right? The Darkness hates the Light, for it exposes sin. There's no sense hanging out in the Religion Forum, there is no Darkness there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sadly, People MAY know how the Bible "reads" but many sure cannot tell what GOD is clearly saying..

Mind you, I do not go to Church and I have never been taught any of this other than by what God has taught me through His Spirit..It is very sad people just cannot discern TRUTH!

But of course, I ARE crazy man talk because I didn't go to some liberal theology seminary..

So you can discern special knowledge in the Bible which others cannot?

There's a word for that - it's called Gnosticism.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you really got me there, huh? Last I read we can talk about anything in General Discussion. There are plenty of threads in GD that I don't like, so I don't read nor post in them.

I know, why pass up an opportunity to bash a person for their beliefs, right? The Darkness hates the Light, for it exposes sin. There's no sense hanging out in the Religion Forum, there is no Darkness there.

You implied that some posters here are literally messengers of the devil.  That goes above and beyond "bashing" a belief.  I may suggest you're wrong.  In some threads, I'd go so far as to suggest certain beliefs are outright ridiculous and insulting to any post-Enlightenment sensibility.  I would not suggest, however, that you, or anyone else, is part of some vast mission, supernatural or otherwise, that seeks to harm or destroy.

Likewise, for someone who fancies the thought of Light exposing anything, one would assume you'd be open to a discussion about scriptural origins of the ideas.  The only one encouraging Darkness here is you.

Now, I hope someone starts quoting scripture and explaining it, because Wikipedia is killin' me tonight.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The devil told me to post in this thread. He says hi.

That's almost funny. We all have choices to make, if those that don't believe are wrong, well, I'm sure you know the rest. I have Faith and I believe, no one can take that away or make me change.

The choices you make on Earth can be an Eternity of misery or happiness. I've suffered enough, and look forward to an Eternity of Joy and Happiness.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You implied that some posters here are literally messengers of the devil.  That goes above and beyond "bashing" a belief.  I may suggest you're wrong.  In some threads, I'd go so far as to suggest certain beliefs are outright ridiculous and insulting to any post-Enlightenment sensibility.  I would not suggest, however, that you, or anyone else, is part of some vast mission, supernatural or otherwise, that seeks to harm or destroy.

Likewise, for someone who fancies the thought of Light exposing anything, one would assume you'd be open to a discussion about scriptural origins of the ideas.  The only one encouraging Darkness here is you.

Now, I hope someone starts quoting scripture and explaining it, because Wikipedia is killin' me tonight.

Let me see if I got this right. You don't believe, but since I do I'm a fool and deserve to be ridiculed?
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me see if I got this right. You don't believe, but since I do I'm a fool and deserve to be ridiculed?

I worded that particularly to avoid suggesting that.  But, by God, you knew I thought it, though.

Are you a warlock?

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe Rapture will come...when we screw ourselves over by using WMD's on each other, I believe thats a sign to god to start ,till that day comes I dont belive it will happen
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I believe Rapture will come...when we screw ourselves over by using WMD's on each other, I believe thats a sign to god to start ,till that day comes I dont belive it will happen

I think one of those interesting aspects of the belief spectrum is how much man-made destruction is mixed in with nature or supernatural-born destruction.

The former allows for way too much meddling to let me sleep well at night.  Much like an Iranian leader might wish to usher in the apocalypse, so might some folks in the West in the event they believed the time was nigh.  Highly unlikely, but an interesting thought experiment.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#17]
There is a reason why Jesus told his disciples to go into all the world and PREACH THE GOSPEL rather than "Go ye therefore into all the world and preach the rapture to every creature."

Saved souls will be ready while those dead in their sins.....  well rapture or no rapture, they still end up in hell.

Simple truth:

No one is "good"  - all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Sinners need a Saviour, and that Saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Christ died for our sins because the wages of sin is death.

But because Jesus IS LIFE and IS HOLY he rose from the dead.

He forgives sin and grants everlasting life to those who turn to him and trust his finished work on the cross.

What you choose to do with Jesus Christ matters for all eternity.

It will be a horrible way to spend eternity wishing you had never been born, and knowing forever that God had his arm outstretched toward you, but you wanted no part in Him.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Reading now OP
http://www.christinyou.net/pages/rapture.html

©
1999 James A. Fowler

You are free to download
this outline provided it remains intact without alteration. You
are also free to transmit this outline electronically provided
that you do so in its entirety with proper citation of authorship
included.

RAPTURE

I. Biblical usage of the word "rapture"

A. The Bible does not use the word
     "rapture"

1. Not
     found in Biblical concordance

2. Not
     found in Biblical dictionaries or encyclopedias

B. English word "rapture" derived
     from Latin word rapio (rapere, raptus)

1. Meaning:
     to carry away, to be caught up, to snatch, seize, pluck, drag
     away, carry off, abduct,               plunder,
     ravish, rape

2. English
     word "rape" derived from this Latin root

C. English usage of word "rapture"

1. General
     usage: "carried away with emotion, ecstasy, passion"

2. Theological
     usage: "caught up in clouds to meet the Lord"

a.
     Recent theological origin

(1)
     Emphasized in premillennial/dispensational theology since middle
     of nineteenth                          century

(2)
     Not found as definition in Webster's Collegiate Dict.

b.
     Questionable choice of English word as equivalence for Biblical
     reference.

D. Singular Biblical passage that refers
     to being "caught up" at end time.

1. I Thess.
     4:17 - "we who are alive and remain shall be caught up

together with them in the               clouds
     to meet the Lord in the air..."

2. Greek
     word for "caught up" is harpazo - used 13 times
     in N.T.

a.
     translated "snatch" - Matt. 13:19; Jn. 10:12,28,29;
     Acts 8:39; Jude 23

b.
     translated "take by force" - Matt. 11:12; Jn. 6:15;
     Acts 23:10

c.
     translated "caught up"- II Cor. 12:2,4; I Thess 4:17;
     Rev. 12:5

3. Contextual
     interpretation of I Thess. 4:13-18

a.
     Not an attempt to outline sequential events of final times

b.
     Context of concern, consolation, condolence, comfort

c.
     Paul explains

(1)
     the hope (confident expectation) of the Christian

(2)
     the resurrection of the body of the Christian

(3)
     the equal opportunity of those who have died and those who remain

(4)
     those remaining alive are "caught up"

(5)
     the comfort that Christians have in these realities

II. "Rapture" in premillennial/dispensational
     eschatology and theology

A. The "catching up" of
     believers, the Church, was separated in time from the Second
     Coming of          Jesus
     Christ to earth in the teaching of the Plymouth Brethren of Britain,
     creating a two-phase          Second
     Coming of Christ.

1. Rapture
     - Jesus' coming for His saints

2. Revelation
     - Jesus' coming with His saints

B. Illustrations

C. History of this interpretation

1. Margaret
     MacDonald (1830) - personal prophecy in Glasgow

2. Edward
     Irving (1832) - Scottish charismatic preacher

3. John
     Nelson Darby - Irish lawyer and Plymouth Brethren leader

4. James
     H. Brookes - American Presbyterian preacher

5. Dwight
     L. Moody - Moody Bible Institute

6. C.I.
     Scofield - Scofield Bible

7. Dallas
     Theological Seminary (Chafer, Ironside, Ryrie, Walvoord)

8. Hal
     Lindsey - Late, Great Planet Earth

9. Popular
     interpretation of fundamentalist evangelicals

D. Variant opinions of the time of "rapture"
     among premillennialists

1. Pre-tribulation
     rapture - church removed from tribulation

2. Mid-tribulation
     rapture - church removed prior to severe tribulation

3. Pre-wrath
     rapture - (variant of mid-tribulation rapture)

4. Post-tribulation
     rapture - church endures tribulation

5. Partial
     tribulation - faithful remnant of Christians removed at beginning
     of tribulation;               others
     removed later

E. Elements of "rapture" in
     pretribulation, premillennial dispensationalism

1. Two-phase
     second-coming

2. Imminence
     - any time, any moment, soon coming

3. Silent,
     secret, invisible disappearance of Christians

III. Concluding observations concerning the "rapture"

A. Affirming the reality of being
     "caught up with Christ" (I Thess. 4:17)

1. Semantic
     irrelevance of using the word "rapture"

2. Maintaining
     the hope of Christ's return

B. Questioning the elements of pretribulational
     premillennial "rapture"

1. Inadequate
     basis for two-phase Second Coming

a.
     "caught up," "meet," descend" same time
     period

b.
     final judgment

2. Inadequate
     basis for imminence of expectation

a.
     His return is impending

b.
     His return will be sudden, unannounced

c.
     Christians are to be expectant, prepared, waiting and watching

3. Inadequate
     basis for secret rapture

a.
     His return will be public

b.
     His return will be visible

4. Inadequate
     basis for silent rapture

a.
     His return will be with shout

b.
     His return will be with trumpet

5. Improper
     claims of new revelation

C. Avoiding the effects of pretribulational
     premillennial "rapture"

1. divisiveness,
     intolerance, disunity

2. arrogance,
     pride, superiority, gnosticism

3. escapist
     mentality, avoidance, withdrawal

4. negative
     attitude toward society; disengaged

5. inadequate
     ecclesiology; ghetto mentality; church relegated to tossing out
     life-savers

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 2:44:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
the rapture is a false teaching that was started in the 1800 by darby and scofield.

by rapture, i mean the snatching up of saved individuals prior to a tribulation period.

jesus never said anything about a rapture. he talked of end times, the signs and the fact that 'no one knows when it is'.

go read the gospels, go read what jesus said. then come back and tell me about how a bunch of individuals will be snatched up into heaven leaving the vast majority to suffer through the tribulation.

You guys who don't know your Bible but spit out trash like it is fact need to at least TRY to use your Bible for what it is intended for!

The Bible CLEARLY teaches a Rapture of the Saints to avoid the HOUR OF TEMPTATION

1 Thessalonians 4:17

Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Read in verse 15 were Paul says it won't happen until the coming of the Lord. The only coming of the Lord mentioned in the bible is his second coming, not some secret rapture.

2 Thessalonians 2
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Again, even in your quote, it says it won't happen until after Anti-Christ is revealed
1 Corinthians 15:50-54

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Nothing about an event taking place before the second coming

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Revelation 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

This is John, in a vision, being taken to heaven. NOT the church. Pre-trib's like to claim they interpret the Bible literally, then pull this stunt.

Revelation 3: 10-Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

The Children of Israel were kept from the plagues, but they weren't taken to Heaven. Noah was saved from the flood, but wasn't taken to heaven.

After Chapter 4 Revelation, The Church is NOT mentioned ONCE during the "Judgments of God"..Not until the Marriage Supper of the Lamb and when The BRIDE OF CHRIST is Revealed..

Not true
I PLAN on showing the direct relationship of the Church aka The Bride of Christ, The Jewish Wedding Ceremony aka Feast of Trumpets and The Marriage Supper of the Lamb..

Sadly, People MAY know how the Bible "reads" but many sure cannot tell what GOD is clearly saying..

Mind you, I do not go to Church and I have never been taught any of this other than by what God has taught me through His Spirit..It is very sad people just cannot discern TRUTH!

But of course, I ARE crazy man talk because I didn't go to some liberal theology seminary..

I always love to tell them I learned it from my Father's very own Son..

1 John 2:27-But the anointing which you have received of him stays in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him.

Classic Pre-trib bait and switch. Do yourself a favor. Go back, read all those quotations in context. Read a couple chapters before and after. You will find NOTHING about the described events taking place seven years ahead of time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 2:44:55 AM EDT
[#20]
......OOOOORRRRR  it's an ancient religion from the Middle East and totally mythological...
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:11:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Still interested in how physics fits in with this.

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#22]
OP, I will read what you write in the rest of your reserved posts but you seem to be falling into the trap of believing your personal interpretation of the Bible is correct and infallible, that you have more insight into the meaning of the word of God than anyone who interprets the Bible differently.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:48:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My Pre-Trib View Translated Into ARFCOM'ese:

Surprise aerial evac of all friendlies.  Rendevous with CinC in the air.  R&R in Heaven.

Chosen people will awaken and organize recruitment of indigent friendlies.  BG Leader will set up HQ in Jerusalem and command for 7 year period.  The first 3.5 years will be peaceful and he will deceive many.  The second 3.5 years will be marked with an increase in hostilities and massive and overwhelming persecution of insurgent friendlies.

Friendly CinC personally leads Airborne invasion with a force of all friendlies.  White horses - Air Cav.  Massive battle ensues resulting in overwhelming victory over BGs.  Friendly CinC throws chained BG Leader into fiery pit for 1,000 year confinement.  Friendly CinC assumes throne in Jerusalem and all friendlies enjoy a 1,000 year period of peace on AO Earth.

BG Leader is released for a short period and organizes massive forces for a revolt to overthrow Friendly CinC and friendly forces.  Overwhelming BG army consisting of TF Gog and TF Magog surrounds friendlies into an ever shrinking circle, and take a final stand at the "Camp of the Saints".  Massive BG siege is about to overrun friendlies, when God calls in a huge airstrike which wipes out BG forces.  BG Leader and his forces are cast into the Lake of Fire forever.  Hostilities are concluded.

Heaven and Earth are destroyed and a New Heaven and New Earth are created for friendlies to reside with Friendly CinC forever.  And the friendlies do not shed tears for the BGs.  Amen.

I'm gtg YMMV.  

Well played.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Pre-Trib View Translated Into ARFCOM'ese:

Surprise aerial evac of all friendlies.  Rendevous with CinC in the air.  R&R in Heaven.

Chosen people will awaken and organize recruitment of indigent friendlies.  BG Leader will set up HQ in Jerusalem and command for 7 year period.  The first 3.5 years will be peaceful and he will deceive many.  The second 3.5 years will be marked with an increase in hostilities and massive and overwhelming persecution of insurgent friendlies.

Friendly CinC personally leads Airborne invasion with a force of all friendlies.  White horses - Air Cav.  Massive battle ensues resulting in overwhelming victory over BGs.  Friendly CinC throws chained BG Leader into fiery pit for 1,000 year confinement.  Friendly CinC assumes throne in Jerusalem and all friendlies enjoy a 1,000 year period of peace on AO Earth.

BG Leader is released for a short period and organizes massive forces for a revolt to overthrow Friendly CinC and friendly forces.  Overwhelming BG army consisting of TF Gog and TF Magog surrounds friendlies into an ever shrinking circle, and take a final stand at the "Camp of the Saints".  Massive BG siege is about to overrun friendlies, when God calls in a huge airstrike which wipes out BG forces.  BG Leader and his forces are cast into the Lake of Fire forever.  Hostilities are concluded.

Heaven and Earth are destroyed and a New Heaven and New Earth are created for friendlies to reside with Friendly CinC forever.  And the friendlies do not shed tears for the BGs.  Amen.

I'm gtg YMMV.  

Well played.

love it!
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 4:13:11 AM EDT
[#25]
There will be only ONE second coming of Chirst, no "secret" rapture and nobody knows the date or time. The rest is all Satan's propaganda courtesy of arrogant, prideful heritics.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

There will be only ONE second coming of Chirst, no "secret" rapture and nobody knows the date or time. The rest is all Satan's propaganda courtesy of arrogant, prideful heritics.

The rapture taught about in the NT is not the second coming.

In the teaching of the rapture, Christ never touches down on earth.  He comes in the clouds

The two events are different from each other

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Still interested in how physics fits in with this.

Mah mama said... mah Mama said physics is the devil.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Tagged for later.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#29]
No wonder nobody seems to be worried about the deficit, social security, or medicare.  Raptures a comin!  Change you can believe in

Shit, I'm gonna stop payments on my bass boat
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to say mental illness?

Eta not a general religion or Christian insult, only directed at those who hear special messages from God that others cannot –– we call that a psychotic feature.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eta not a general religion or Christian insult, only directed at those who hear special messages from God that others cannot –– we call that a psychotic feature.

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the same reason people believe conspiracy theories. It makes them feel like they have special, unique knowledge about an important event/person/etc. and therefore makes them feel important.

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

OP, I will read what you write in the rest of your reserved posts but you seem to be falling into the trap of believing your personal interpretation of the Bible is correct and infallible, that you have more insight into the meaning of the word of God than anyone who interprets the Bible differently.

How do you think American Fundamentalism got started?

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#34]
tag for interests
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
tag for interests

This thread is not dead!..

Sorry it has taken so long to update but I am not finished yet..I hope to finish in the next couple of days!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top