Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2021 12:27:15 PM EDT
For a couple years now I was on the fence about getting a Maxx ultimately I want with an Xmaxx. But now with this new release I couldn't resist, and ordered the orange.

Looks awesome!

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
edit- pic is fixed. Nice!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Good choice! This may be my next...if I don't go Kraton.

The Orange and Green are both stellar.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good choice! This may be my next...if I don't go Kraton.

The Orange and Green are both stellar.
View Quote
Yea. I went with the green for the Xmaxx. Wanted something a little different.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a wide arm XMaxx?

I wanted large scale and went Arrma. Been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a big fan of the concept.  If I hadn't have just picked up a razor atv on the side of the road I would be looking for another rc basher.  Me and the kids have too many toys.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just a wide arm XMaxx?

View Quote

No it's a wide Maxx. Not X-Maxx. The Maxx is a smaller variant basically.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a wide arm XMaxx?

View Quote
It's a wider and longer Maxx.

The battery compartment should be big enough to use all the batteries I have for my Xmaxx now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Plastic axles?
View Quote
Yea. Supposedly they've been holding up well from the widemaxx kit though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No it's a wide Maxx. Not X-Maxx. The Maxx is a smaller variant basically.
View Quote

So basically it's taking the role.of a wide stance emaxx then?

Traxxas has suddenly released a ton of basically the same thing that look identical but are different sizes. Kinda like the ERevo and the MERV. I'm still back in tmaxx 2.5, smaxx and emaxx days. Back then the ERevo was revolutionary. This sounds like it's the same difference as the Slayer and Slayer pro. Literally the same thing but wider arms. I have a eslayer (on Revo 2.5 vantage chassis) and the ERevo and slash and, and ,and. Fairly familiar with older Traxxas.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:40:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Traxxas has suddenly released a ton of basically the same thing that look identical but are different sizes. Kinda like the ERevo and the MERV. I'm still back in tmaxx 2.5, smaxx and emaxx days. Back then the ERevo was revolutionary. This sounds like it's the same difference as the Slayer and Slayer pro. Literally the same thing but wider arms. I have a eslayer (on Revo 2.5 vantage chassis) and the ERevo and slash and, and ,and. Fairly familiar with older Traxxas.
View Quote

I miss those days. I remember drooling over the ad in which the original T-Maxx was announced in 1999.

And then the E-Maxx just a couple years later. I bought an E-Maxx the day it showed up at the LHS. Caught fire about two hours later...remember the VX-12 fiasco? I was the first person to report a fire according to the Traxxas operator.

Had 3 Ts and 2 Es. I miss those days. Good times.

Personally I preferred the looks of the trucks of those days. They have become a little too flashy and toy-like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like Arrma?

I don't think it's really supposed a "new" vehicle, as the original maxx is already off the traxxas site. It's not like they're going to be selling the two different versions. It's more of just a little update. They're installing a popular options from the factory and it's a little bit longer, which is important for battery fitment.

And I'm fine with it being basically a smaller XMaxx. As much as I like that thing it is massive and needs a massive area to use.

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess you'll find out. That's one thing that bothered me about Traxxas. For such a big company you'd think they'd make steel driveshafts OEM on everything 1/10 and bigger. I get making money on parts but if I had to guess they make more money on part/upgrades than any other company even without axles in the equation. Keep us posted on the durability. I was eyeing that one but ultimately decided on the Associated MT8. May have to get both.
View Quote
Yea can't argue with that. Steel driveshafts would have been nice.

I do plan on putting the 2085x servo that's currently in my Xmaxx in it. That servo isn't really enough for the Xmaxx, hopefully it will do better with the maxx. I've got a promodeler DS845BLHV that will be going in the Xmaxx to replace it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I guess you'll find out. That's one thing that bothered me about Traxxas. For such a big company you'd think they'd make steel driveshafts OEM on everything 1/10 and bigger. I get making money on parts but if I had to guess they make more money on part/upgrades than any other company even without axles in the equation. Keep us posted on the durability. I was eyeing that one but ultimately decided on the Associated MT8. May have to get both.
View Quote

When did you get the MT8? Already bored with the Rustler?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Like Arrma?

I don't think it's really supposed a "new" vehicle, as the original maxx is already off the traxxas site. It's not like they're going to be selling the two different versions. It's more of just a little update. They're installing a popular options from the factory and it's a little bit longer, which is important for battery fitment.

And I'm fine with it being basically a smaller XMaxx. As much as I like that thing it is massive and needs a massive area to use.

View Quote

Worse than Arrma. More like axial these days. They used to be innovative (exo buggy and Yeti) but it's now all either an SCX10 or a Wraith with a different body and a different name.

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of large scale. The bigger the better. I'm hopefully going to get rid of my ERevo soon as it is too small and breaks every time I look at it.

They did the longer chassis thing with the ERevo and followed with the Revo. ERevo and the Revo 2.5 chassis are the same length. The prior chassis is shorter.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Worse than Arrma. More like axial these days. They used to be innovative (exo buggy and Yeti) but it's now all either an SCX10 or a Wraith with a different body and a different name.

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of large scale. The bigger the better. I'm hopefully going to get rid of my ERevo soon as it is too small and breaks every time I look at it.

They did the longer chassis thing with the ERevo and followed with the Revo. ERevo and the Revo 2.5 chassis are the same length. The prior chassis is shorter.
View Quote

You mean Revo 3.3?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Pre-ordered on the 4th. I’m not bored with the Rustler. It’s a fun little truggy. Got it going 72mph reliably with no overheating issues. I just wanted something a little bigger and the MT8 fit the bill. Specs looked good so I said fuck it and ordered it. Next I think I might get a Limitless so I can join the 100+ mph club.
View Quote

Not gonna lie...Limitless is in my future. But I'm going to dive into FPV next I think.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You mean Revo 3.3?
View Quote

Derp. You are right. The tmaxx 2.5 was the turning point for the tmaxx. The 3.3 is when the Revo got longer. 2.5 was original if I remember right.

I've been in electric so long I forget my nitro stuff!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Derp. You are right. The tmaxx 2.5 was the turning point for the tmaxx. The 3.3 is when the Revo got longer. 2.5 was original if I remember right.

I've been in electric so long I forget my nitro stuff!
View Quote

It's all good. I wasn't confident in my knowledge it's been so long, so I was genuinely unsure if I was right.

Miss those days though, when nitro was the king of power and speed. The sound and smell are still, to me at least, irreplaceable. Speed and wheelies only do so much...but hearing an OS RZ-V01b rip down the dirt track in a Kanai II at over 40k rpm...bliss.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've been going down the rabbit hole of Raz Shifrin videos on youtube. That guy does some wild stuff.
View Quote

I will have to check him out.

I was drooling over a fifth scale Losi that was converted to electric on YT...it was black/gold from what I remember, and went like 87mph. It was insane. If I had the excess cash I'd have probably bought the parts right then and there.

The stuff people do on YT is crazy. In a good way.

ETA found it...was a Losi 5B.

30 HP 14s MONSTER! 150+ Mph Arrma tire Break-in!

150mph Limitless. And an 80 something mph 5B.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I have become a huge fan of team losi kits.

TLR 8ight 4.0
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've been going down the rabbit hole of Raz Shifrin videos on youtube. That guy does some wild stuff.
View Quote
Yea that guy has some impressive builds.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I have much want to for 5T. Even though my Mojave isn't quite as big it's still a monster for it's size. Nitro days are over.

I've been tempted to go with a Max5 ESC and the 1150kv motor on 8s.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yea that guy has a bunch of cool videos. I wonder where he's at. I can tell by the vegetation he's in FL somewhere.
View Quote
He was in Florida. I think he's back in Israel now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's Raz. Innovation RC is the other guy. I think.

ETA: Double checked. Yea. It was Innovation RC. The videos with Raz in Israel have some 186mph runs or something like that. Holy hell. One of the guys was saying that before you even get to those speeds you need to worry about a radio with that kind of range. Believe it or not a lot of speed run guys use that $80 Radiolink Tx from Amazon.
View Quote
Yea. My infraction covers a lot of ground very quickly. I still haven't found a good spot for it. I'm using a 7pxr with it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]
how do you people see it so far away anyway?

I'd think FPV could be used here...
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How do you like that radio? Worth the price tag?
View Quote
It is really nice. It's probably way more than I needed, but I like it. I think right now I'll use it for the infraction and xmaxx then leave the Maxx and TRX4 on the stock radios. I don't actually mind the stock Traxxas radios but I didn't like the feel of the spectrum one at all.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I thought about that. Associated makes a FPV system with everything for $130. Just plugs into a spare channel on your receiver. Range is still an issue tho. Being into ham radio also, I’m looking into options. Maybe run an RF amplifier of sorts.
View Quote

Ah. DJI's system has a range measured in miles.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was looking at getting the DX5c with the 6100at rx. Then I could use one Tx for multiple models. I like the option of having stability built into the rx instead of having to run a separate gyro.

ETA: That being said I'm still up in the air about which way I want to go with my radios.
View Quote
Yea. I'd like to keep some separate in case other people want to use as well. I'd put the TRX4 on the 7pxr it can do 7 channels. But my wife actually likes using that one.

There's also the 4pm which is significantly less expensive. I wanted the ability to use telemetry with the castle systems too though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So you're running the Infraction with no stability? Or a separate gyro? Stability is new to me since we didn't have it in the 80's and 90's. Shit, I don't think it was around when I had my last car in 2000 before getting back into it recently.  I'm loving this new tech we have available to us.
View Quote
No stability or gyro.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Plastic axles?
View Quote
@Keith1980

Truck isn't even here yet (supposed to be tomorrow) I broke down and picked up a set of the steel axles. It wasn't so much I was concerned about them breaking but I wanted proper 17mm wheel nuts. That's what my xmaxx and infraction use.

I also picked up the captured suspension pins, to replace the threaded ones. VG shock springs and some 60wt oil.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I run 17mm on my rustler. A 2200kv on 4S just ate the hubs on 12mm. I'm also running VG springs and 55wt oil. If you haven't run the VG springs you'll like them. They really helped with the extra weight of my motor/ESC combo and the 4S battery.

I'm still waiting for my MT8 to ship. Not in stock yet. Says expected late December. I bought a 6s 100C battery just because. Should be interesting.
View Quote
@Keith1980

Nice!

And Hobbytown had a $15 off over $100 in store coupon. And I got the truck for $100 off through FB marketplace islandhobbynut store (I think they still have 1 blue one). So I figured why not? Typically you never get any Traxxas stuff at any discount.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#45]
New toy day!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#49]
In this thread I learn that my hobby budget is smaller than most.

Looks like fun!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top