Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]

The russians did build there own rocket the n1 to get to the moon then when it blew up they coverd the whole thing up. All four times. Sure plenty of secrets have gotten out, theres bound to be plenty more. As for how could they be up there and not tracked. Well there probably are tracked, doesn't mean one knows what is being tracked. Something labeled "old weather satelite" could actually be something that has some dead cosmonauts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wonder if they cleared those landing sites with us?

Don't know, but I'd guess we wouldn't give 'em too much crap if they ended up in the US.  There but for the grace of God and all that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I vaguely remember Joe Pine doing a show on this subject back around 1962 but whatever his conclusions were I really can't remember
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 I wouldn't put it past them, but if true, I'd expect the CIA to know and call them on it.

You mean the same guys who missed the fall of the Berlin Wall and the fall of the Soviet Union? Those guys? Those omnipotent supergeniuses?

As has already been stated - we knew and know a lot more than you will ever hear about.  Just because you didn't hear it on the news does not mean the people in the field didn't know about it, report the intelligence and do their job.  What is done with the intelligence after gathered is considered very carefully.  Most of it never gets to the media.  That doesn't mean it wasn't useful or that we didn't act on it.  Many times it is in the best interest of your national security that it does not get to the media.  Please don't knock the people out there doing the dirty work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember reading that some unnamed Russian cosmonaut was in space before Gagarin but died during re-entry as a result of a boneheaded mistake on the Russians part.  I was never sure whether it was a conspiracy theory, or whether there was any truth to it.  I wouldn't put it past them, but if true, I'd expect the CIA to know and call them on it.

There are a lot of things that the CIA does not talk about because it would reveal sources.  Is there a need to call out the Russkies on this?  Not at this time.

There were some Italian HAM radio guys that documented a lot of radio traffic from fatal flights of Russian Cosmonauts. It was posted here on arfcom.  This is just one more reason I have no respect for Russians. They sent human beings to their death because monkeys were probably too expensive.  

LINK

Google up Semipalatinski Test Site.......you have no idea just how bad the Soviets could be,to their own people. We would test our big nukes over in the Pacific,they did theirs with populations nearby.20-30 MT devices.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Fascinating!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember reading that some unnamed Russian cosmonaut was in space before Gagarin but died during re-entry as a result of a boneheaded mistake on the Russians part.  I was never sure whether it was a conspiracy theory, or whether there was any truth to it.  I wouldn't put it past them, but if true, I'd expect the CIA to know and call them on it.

There are a lot of things that the CIA does not talk about because it would reveal sources.  Is there a need to call out the Russkies on this?  Not at this time.

There were some Italian HAM radio guys that documented a lot of radio traffic from fatal flights of Russian Cosmonauts. It was posted here on arfcom.  This is just one more reason I have no respect for Russians. They sent human beings to their death because monkeys were probably too expensive.  

LINK

Google up Semipalatinski Test Site.......you have no idea just how bad the Soviets could be,to their own people. We would test our big nukes over in the Pacific,they did theirs with populations nearby.20-30 MT devices.

Both sides screwed up on these sorts of things.

Soviets do seem to be much worse though, by a mile.  How about the anthrax leak in Sverdlovsk (sp)?  Offensive biological weapons facility in a damn town.  What the hell?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINK

Both sides screwed up on these sorts of things.

Soviets do seem to be much worse though, by a mile.  How about the anthrax leak in Sverdlovsk (sp)?  Offensive biological weapons facility in a damn town.  What the hell?

Or the Mayak nuclear plant.  Absolutely insane amounts of radioactive pollution in numerous huge releases and countless smaller ones, the population dying all around, and nobody even telling 'em they were dying from radiation.  That might reveal a nuclear facility existed there.  

It's not just the communists though.  Life was cheap in Russia long before they came to power.  The more I find out about Russian history, the more I pity the poor bastards.

ETA- really want to see something nuts?  Look for a ship named "Lepse" on google.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm. I'd bet that the Kecksburg UFO could be another Lost Cosmonaut story...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecksburg_UFO_incident
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The Soviets also used small nukes for civil engineering (earthmoving)
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmm. I'd bet that the Kecksburg UFO could be another Lost Cosmonaut story...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecksburg_UFO_incident

A model of the crashed object, originally created for the show Unsolved Mysteries, and put on display near the Kecksburg fire station.

Voskhod spacecraft
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We tried the same thing. We nuked a natural gas deposit in Colorado to free the gas from the rock. Didn't work out because the gas wound up being radioactive, but it was a neat concept.

Google the plowshare program.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We tried the same thing. We nuked a natural gas deposit in Colorado to free the gas from the rock. Didn't work out because the gas wound up being radioactive, but it was a neat concept.

Yep,the Sedan shot. Also did 2 underground shots in MS,near Hattiesburg.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was starting 1st grade in 1960 and was dumb/young  enough to believe all the crap put forth about all the marvels and science of spaceflight..

About a dozen years ago I did the tourist thing down in Florida and toured the sights where much of the early stuff happened.
What a bunch of cobbed together junk . Looking back it is surpriseing that we never killed off any of the mercury guys

We did. Gus Grissom

Yes, but to nhsports point, we lost Gus Grissom in an Apollo prep mission.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy CRAP! Never heard of that! Thanks for the heads-up.

"Plans to use five thermonuclear explosions to create an artificial harbor at Cape Thompson, Alaska, for Project Chariot in 1958. It was eventually cancelled amid controversy and protest. The outer-outline represents the "full scale" plan, which would require detonations totalling 2.4 megatons. The inner outline is a scaled down version, of 460 kilotons. It would be eventually scaled down to 280 kilotons."

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#16]
in a quick reading of it the part I have the biggest issue believing is them putting women into space late early
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]
The more I listen here, the less I believe from here.  I'm not sure the Torre Bert recordings are what they claim to be.

Most specifically you can compare the "heartbeat" on the lostcosmonauts site to the Vostok 5 and 6 biomed radio beacons on the Sounds from Space site.

I'm calling on Torre Bert.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I am on the fence as to how legit this is - but it is interesting. I am a big fan of the Russian space program.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm very interested in stuff like this.

The tore bert recordings are very errie to listen to , realizing that most likely someone is dying slowly in the recording of the woman on re-entry.

Alot of guys in the soviet space interviews cry when on camera about the losses.....

Can you imagine slowly drifting out to space knowing you'll never return?

thats why the guns are on board...

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Very interesting.  This is the first I've heard of it.

+1
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can remember at school in tehe 60's reading about a plan to build a canal from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific to be excavated with nukes.

It would have been one hell of a border… a self illuminating 1000ft wide flooded moat!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The more I listen here, the less I believe from here.  I'm not sure the Torre Bert recordings are what they claim to be.

Most specifically you can compare the "heartbeat" on the lostcosmonauts site to the Vostok 5 and 6 biomed radio beacons on the Sounds from Space site.

I'm calling on Torre Bert.

I read an article about the Torre Bert recordings a year or so ago...may have been in Fortean Times or some such, don't recall for sure...but the author stated that the kids who were conducting the recordings were electronic whiz kids and that they were indeed able to initially tap into Soviet communications with their cosmonauts. However, again according to the author of the article, after they became minor celebrities and were interviewed on radio and TV they felt compelled to produce "results" and started making some of the stuff up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can remember at school in tehe 60's reading about a plan to build a canal from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific to be excavated with nukes.

It would have been one hell of a border… a self illuminating 1000ft wide flooded moat!

We ought to dig up the old blueprints...

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

We ought to dig up the old blueprints...

I'm sure a lot of you guys are familiar with Project Orion, but for those that aren't, how about the U.S. government's plans to build a giant, nuclear powered spaceship to travel the solar system? George Dyson talks about it: VIDEO HERE
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top