If you don't own it, you're a queer.

This....
Page two is mine

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Whamo: were part of the film?

This is still to this day the only DVD I have ever purchased.
I'm in a scene on the flight deck for almost 1-1/2 seconds

And I'll bet you can tell us without thinking, how many degrees of Kevin Bacon you are.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now, there's one that could use a remake.

Why??  We don't even fly F-14's anymore.............

Seems like I read somewhere that the flight sequence where the F-14 ends up near the water was actually a near-screwup by the pilot?

Any truth to that?

LC
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a Japanese anime series version of this called Zipang, a modern Japanese guided missile cruiser with Aegis and Harpoons and whatnot is thrown back to WWII.  The crew knows that Imperial Japan was bad business and decides not to interfere with the course of the war, but they're gradually forced into it against their will by a rescued IJN officer determined to alter history.  Very thoughtful.  Ended early, I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Remake isn't possible since it would be way too difficult to get F14 in the air..     WW2 planes are still somewhat around...

If they do a re-make with Super Bugs/Rhinos...It probably wouldn't be as awesome as the Tomcat going supersonic.    But it would prove interesting when they drop JDAMS/LGBs on WW2 carriers.  Owning the night is also be a cool concept on WW2 targets..
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Went to see it with my dad at the movies when I was 7 years old! One of my favorites!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you don't own it, you're a queer.

X a zillion, not only queer but a bottom at that!

PS of you like it FIND AND GET THE DVD!

Most of the DVD's have a second disc that is packed with behind the scenes and tons of stuff and also a whole section with the Boys of VF-84 who did the flying. The bash Katherine Ross among multiple other things and it's pretty funny.

It was also directed by Kirk Douglas's other son who is in the movie as a 2nd Class PO.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My ending for the movie would've had the CAG flying off in an A-6 with a couple of MK43's under the wings. Night would have turned into day over the Pacific and the   people in Hawaii would be left wondering what the hell just happened.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/jimf0rce/Final%20Countdown/KeyWest003.jpg
Whamo when he was a plane captain with the "Japanese zeros" in the background.
The flying shots were filmed in Key West.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/jimf0rce/Final%20Countdown/KeyWest002.jpg
Two Jap Kill Flags on 203
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/jimf0rce/Final%20Countdown/KeyWest011.jpg
Kate Ross!!!

was hoping you'd post those pics again!  
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Now, there's one that could use a remake.

I pointed that out in a "What movie would you want to see re-made" thread a few weeks back, and I'd love to see a new spin on that particular flick.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My ending for the movie would've had the CAG flying off in an A-6 with a couple of MK43's under the wings. Night would have turned into day over the Pacific and the   people in Hawaii would be left wondering what the hell just happened.

They were known as B43s by that time...just sayin'. Preferably Y1 variants...

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were known as B43s by that time...just sayin'. Preferably Y1 variants...

Please excuse the nomenclature goof. I was trying to think of a "nautical" system in the megaton range.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Just added it to my queue. Also added Attack Force Z!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Remake isn't possible since it would be way too difficult to get F14 in the air..     WW2 planes are still somewhat around...

If they do a re-make with Super Bugs/Rhinos...It probably wouldn't be as awesome as the Tomcat going supersonic.    But it would prove interesting when they drop JDAMS/LGBs on WW2 carriers.  Owning the night is also be a cool concept on WW2 targets..

They wouldn't have to use Tomcats, they would simply use what we use today and have the timewarp occur in our modern world. Tomcats were used in the movie because the movie was made in 1980. The new version would be Hornets(and the other stuff), but the film could be identical in every other way right down to the script.

You weren't thinking 4th dimensionally
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/jimf0rce/Final%20Countdown/KeyWest003.jpg
Whamo when he was a plane captain with the "Japanese zeros" in the background.
The flying shots were filmed in Key West.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/jimf0rce/Final%20Countdown/KeyWest002.jpg
Two Jap Kill Flags on 203
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/jimf0rce/Final%20Countdown/KeyWest011.jpg
Kate Ross!!!

was hoping you'd post those pics again!  

hard to believe she's 71 now

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top