Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
id like to add this as a pallete to combat the BS of the AW ban and those who support it.
------------------------------
How many lies can you find here:

What is the difference between semi-automatic hunting rifles and semi-automatic assault weapons?

Sporting rifles and assault weapons are two distinct classes of firearms. While semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend upon the accuracy of a precisely aimed projectile, semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to maximize lethal effects through a rapid rate of fire.

[Wrong they are designed to do whatever the shooter wants to do with it. There is no difference between sporting arms and so called "assault weapons" it doesn’t matter how much stuff you have on a gun i.e. lights, lasers, scopes, handguards and grips, flash suppressors ect. Its still the same bullet coming out of the same barrel at the same velocity hitting the same target doing the same amount of damage, cut the bullshit already]

Assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip,

[Wrong again, check the military docs for firing weapons from the hip, you’ll find that even their machineguns are designed to and ARE fired from the shoulder with presentable accuracy. Firing from the hip with ANY firearm is irresponsible and a waste of ammo seeing as how you can’t hit the broad side of a barn]  

And because of their design, a shooter can maintain control of the weapon even while firing many rounds in rapid succession.

[Not as easy as what you might think. my suggestion is that you try doing this sometime and then write about your own person experience with a gun rather than what you’ve heard on the grapevine]

Opponents of the ban argue that such weapons only "look scary." However, because they were designed for military purposes,[wrong again, many so called "assualt weapons" were designed by civilian mfr's and were marketed to the public after being turned down by the military. the m16/ar15 for example, or the mini14]

Assault weapons are equipped with combat hardware, such as silencers, folding stocks and bayonets, which are not found on sporting guns. Assault weapons are also designed for rapid-[here we go again. designed for rapid fire? it can be fired whatever way you want to fire it. many people put scopes on their "assualt weapons" and hunt/target shoot and compete with them in contests. the last I heard ammo isn’t cheap and firing rapidly is not something the average Joe is prone to do]

-fire and many come equipped with large ammunition magazines allowing 50 more bullets to be fired without reloading.

[wrong again, the maximum capacity of many magazines is 40 rounds. although many shooters are rejecting them because they are heavy, prone to jam and stick out to far for use with a bipod. at large the majority of "assualt weapon" shooters use 20-30rnd magazines]

So there is a good reason why these features on high-powered weapons should frighten the public.

[wtf is up with this "high powered"BS anyway? You ever shoot a .308 or a .338? That’s high powered. The majority of "assault weapons" are not nearly as "high powered" as you might think. Phrases like "high powered" and "assault weapons" are just buzz words created by some idiot that’s never fired a gun in his life that read some info of the internet and now claims to be an expert on the subject. Gee kind of sounds like you Brady bunch boys. Just because something "looks" dangerous doesn't make it more so. Most people aren’t afraid of your average hunting rifle. BUT truth be told most of your average hunting rifles could do far more damage then any ole "assault weapon" Looks don’t kill, bullets do.] [Why should the public be frightened? that’s ludicrous and ridiculous. You want to know what firearm is used in crime more than any other in the country? The .38 snub nose revolver. It has none of the features listed above but is more easily concealable and much MUCH cheaper and more available. A thing that criminals tend to go for.]

Assault weapons are commonly equipped with some or all of the following combat [self defense there slick] features:

A large-capacity ammunition magazine, enabling the shooter to continuously fire dozens of rounds without reloading. [Wrong, most so called "assault weapons" are being sold with 10 round BATF approved magazines. although buyers can buy grand fathered high cap mags for a price] Standard hunting rifles are usually equipped with no more than 3 or 4-shot magazines.

[Does this really make you more comfortable? 3 or 4 people can be methodically murdered from unbelievable range while some idiot fired 30 rounds from the hip and is lucky to hit one person and is immediately clobbered after he runs out of ammo. How many rounds you have or can fire is a non issue, its what YOU do with those rounds that counts.]

A folding stock on a rifle or shotgun, which sacrifices accuracy for concealability and for mobility in close combat. [And for an easier fit into the family gun safe as well as easier use by smaller petite people and those wearing thick clothing btw]
A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip,

[There you go again with this BS. I guess you think that just because a person has a scope on their gun that this facilitates sniping? Grow up. People use their guns how they please. And most of us would actually like to hit the broadside of a battleship!]

Allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon.

[Easier said than done there slick. I tried it once when I was younger. Took a lot of stability and even then I couldn’t hit an old barn at ten paces!]

A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed.

[I have to call bullshit on this one big time. You go out and try to aim or even shoot an 8-10 pound rifle with 1 hand. I wont be surprised if the gun goes to the anti aircraft role very quickly if you know what I mean. Do you guys ever have ANY personal experience with REAL firearms ANY time in your lives? When your experience with guns can fit in something bigger than a kiddy pool then give me a call. Till then you really don’t need to talk about something you know NOTHING about. Period.]

A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating.

[What’s wrong with this? that’s just good common sense firearm care.]

It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire.

[I hate to tell you this but you can get serious burns from gripping the barrel for just ONE shot. It is there for a reason. So that the person can have a stable basis for aiming the weapon. But wait why do they need to grip it if they are firing one handed? You are repeatedly defeating your own argument].......

They can be converted to full auto. ( Arabs aren't that stupid, they know that they can stay home and buy a real one a lot cheaper)

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The sunset is not a done deal as this article in today's Washington Post indicates...

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17706-2003Oct25_2.html

Here's a quote from the last paragraph:

"The big test for the candidates will come as Congress begins considering whether to extend the 1994 ban on some semiautomatic weapons, which will expire next year. Some congressional Democrats want to make the law permanent and fold additional gun models and the importation of high-ammunition clips into the ban. But Bush favors a straight extension -- and that is a position many of the candidates sound willing to settle for.

"I would be happy to just extend it," Gephardt said. "

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Incrementalism The reason Why gepharht wants an extention.

10 Banning all military style firearms
    The Pending National ban on all Assault Weapons, based on a point
    system can be expanded to eventually cover any firearm
with a
    remotely military appearance.  We feel that this aggressive
    appearance appeals to the type of dangerous individuals who are a
    definite threat to public safety.

Just For Your Information:
www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master
Allege 1993 feinstein/hci PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Freedom Confiscation.

^  Total Gun Freedom -- A Well-Regulated Militia Being Necessary To The...
www.Cures-not-wars.org/ -- www.leap.cc/about/index.htm  Truth Will Liberate Earth.
www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-masterAllege 1993 feinstein/hci PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Freedom Confiscation.
www.digitalangelcorp.com/Revelation 13:18 BAN Human Power ID-GPS-MONEY Implant Micro-chip.

Never Again, Never Forget --  Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind -- We Are At War

FIXED BAYONETS -- FORWARD

VX
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I wrote my congressman, here's his reply....

Dear AZ-K9:
Thank you for taking the time to communicate with me regarding the expiration of the ban on semi-automatic weapons. I appreciate hearing from you.

While I understand that you hold strong feelings about this matter, I respectfully disagreee. I believe that the assault weapons ban was a reasonable step in addressing the problem of gun violence in this country, and I support a continuation of this policy. As has been noted in the press, even the Bush Administration has come to support some version of an extension on the assault weapons ban.

In truth, semi-automatic assault weapons are civilian versions of military weapons of war. Their features allow them to kill large numbers of people rapidly and, thus, can have tragic effects on the public. For these reasons, I have chosen to become a cosponsor of HR 2038, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcememt Act of 2003.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. I hope you will keep in touch with me on the issues that matter to you.

Sincerely,

Raul M. Grijalva

Farging commie bastard....
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you 1GUNRUNNER!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna print some of these out in the morning to read over them and see which ones I want to use and how I want to modify them.  Then I'll start sending them out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I got this letter in from Mark Green yesterday. While he is not my congresman, he is on the contact list. I will keep hitting all of the names on the list every month till the ban expires.
I've even enlisted a small group of pro-gun guys at school to start writing letters.
What do you think?

3-7infantry

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the addresses and the sample letters - I am writing several letters as we speak.  Again thanks for the leg work.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I just bought a roll of stamps and a bunch of envelopes...let the mailings begin!

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Reading this has convinced me to do it too along with five of my friends.  I'm sending out a few letters before Christmas thats for damn sure.

-Rob

BUMP for a good post and a good cause
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
This evening alone I have composed 9 letters to each of my states representatives.  Democrat and Republican alike.  I plan on sending out at least 40 letters myself.

[b]PLEASE HELP A GOOD CAUSE PEOPLE... DON'T JUST CLOSE THIS AND RELY ON OTHERS TO DO WHAT YOU MEAN TO DO.  GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING!!![/b]

-Rob
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
NYPatriot;

Thanks for keeping this matter where it belongs...In front of us.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
A hardy "thumbs-up" & thank you to Jewmonkey, FanoftheBlackRifle, SKSGuy, and everyone else who has heeded the call.

... May your actions inspire others to do the same!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#15]

[blue]bump[/blue]

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#16]
^
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Im writing letters this weekend.  Please If you havent yet, do so.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Ar_mcadams, welcome to the fight, my brother!!! [beer]
Link Posted: 1/8/2004 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#19]
The more you think about this it seems that government passes laws like this to "make you a criminal".  They don't plan on enforcing them to achieve any particular end except enhancing the scope of their power in YOUR eyes.  They've adopted the us or them mentality that some police find convenient to be motivated to do their job.  Meanwhile we jump through the legal hoops of gun ownership and use like some trained seal.

I'm trying hard to think of one thing that's illegal to take with you when you move from state to state EXCEPT a particular firearm?  Anyone?  OK maybe a Bengal Tiger?

I'm encouraged when Ashcroft states a pro 2nd stance but when Bush cannot engage on laws like the AWB and make the point that they are ineffective and abuse the rights of citizens by the same methods as Prohibition.  Interesting that politically he can take the high road on the international scene and be willful and then take the low road and claim he will sign a new AW ban and acquiesce to the political correctness that says guns are evil.

Link Posted: 1/9/2004 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#20]
i have written to all of my representatives and let them know that i feel very strongly about this bill. i made it quite clear that my next vote (along with those of my friend's and families!) will be decided by "their vote" on this important issue. here is a reply i received from Ken Lucas- fourth district-Kentucky.

"Dear Max,
Thank you for letting know of your concerns about H.R.2038, a bill that would reauthorise the assault weapons ban of 1994. Like you, I am opposed to this bill. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and my votes consistenlty reflect this philosophy.

As you know, H.R. 2038 would permanently ban every gun that is currently banned under the 1994 gun control measure. In addition, it would ban guns that were not included at that time such as ranch rifles, .30 Caliber carbines, and fixed magazine semi-automatic center-fire rifles. It also would ban all semi-automatic shotguns along with all detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles.

Instead of passing laws to take guns out of the hands of honest citizens, we should be focused on taking guns out of the hands of criminals. We have got to get serious about targeting and prosecuting criminals.

I appreciate knowing that you are also committed to protecting our Second Amendment rights and I hope that you will continue to stay in touch.

Sincerely,
Ken Lucas
Member of Congress"

This is the only reply i have received from my initial letter campaign. all those who did not reply will get another letter urging them to not support this or any other gun bans. all those who reply favorably will get a follow-up letter of support for voting against the ban in september.

it only takes 5 minutes to send an e-mail to your representative. let them know that you and your family and friends are going to stick together and make your votes count!
Link Posted: 1/11/2004 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#21]
A few more came in before christmas.
I have about Thirty more letters ready to go on monday.

Every two weeks they are getting letters from me till the ban sunsets.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/495621/AllanBoydletterRevised.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/495621/RepublicanletterRevised.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Link Posted: 1/14/2004 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#22]
He is one from the office of mr karl rove.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/495621/presidentsletter1.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Folks, first off, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time & effort to sit down & write letters. I know all too well that this can be a tedious chore, but alas, it must be done!

I also wanted to point out that it is vitally important that we contact [b]EVERYONE[/b] on the list, not just our local congresscritter & our two Senators. Take me as an example... my Senators are Chuckie Schumer & Madam Hillary, and my Rep. is Nita Lowey, a hard core leftist. If I only wrote to them, my opinions would be virtually guaranteed of being ignored, and my efforts would be for naught.

[b]BUT[/b]... I make sure that everyone who could potentially have a hand in the outcome of the AW ban battle hears from me! The POTUS represents EVERY American, thus he hears from me. I'm a registered Republican, so the RNC gets an earful. I'm also an NRA member, so guess what... they are beholden to my views & opinions if they want the continued privilege of spending my money. All the Congressional & Senatorial committee members, as well as the House & Senate leaders & Speakers are, by virtue of their exalted positions, answerable to ALL Americans, not just those living in their districts & states.

[b]You get the idea... our letter writing responsibilities extend FAR beyond our district & state boundaries!!![/b]

It's also very important that we all write, write, and write again! We have less than a year to win this fight & we need to keep the pressure on HIGH! The only way the relevant politicians & organizations will know that our will is strong & unwavering is if we continuously and relentlessly badger them until the ban is gone.
I know it's a PITA, but we really, really need to write the names on the list [b]MULTIPLE TIMES[/b]. There is no easy or lazy way around this fact... it just needs to be done!!!

Well, I'll get off my soapbox (for now), but just realize that this is our fight to lose. The AW ban is a goner IF we remain active involved & unified!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2004 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#24]
This shows what some of the democrat spin doctors are doing.  I found it an interesting read.
[url]http://keepandbeararms.com/downloads/dlc-ags.pdf[/url]
Do not think for a minute these guys will give up and roll over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2004 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This shows what some of the democrat spin doctors are doing.  I found it an interesting read.
[url]http://keepandbeararms.com/downloads/dlc-ags.pdf[/url]
Do not think for a minute these guys will give up and roll over.
View Quote

Interesting read - nearling a megabyte for those on dial-up but worth the incite into what the Democrats are willing to do to win elections. Basically change their fundamental stance on the Second Amendment. Anyone who would change their convictions to gain a vote is more than a bit suspect in my book.
Link Posted: 1/27/2004 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#26]
http://www.petitiononline.com/AWB/petition.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2004 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#27]
STILL SENDIN' THEM OUT....COME ON FOLKS!

THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE DONE THEIR PART!

[img]http://www.mrequivocal.com/guns/congressmenletters.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/27/2004 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Okay guys, I need some advice about my ruff draft letter to my Senator. I am trying the KYA, kiss your ass, aproach to getting on his desk for reading. You can e-mail me to keep this forum down to just meaningful content. Anyway here it is.........................
Sir Senator NAME,

I want to first of all thank you for your service and dedication as a member of Congress for your fellow Americans. When the people are given the authority to vote into office their representative, one can find peace in knowing that things can change for the better by the power vested to the people as individuals through the constitution. I am proud to be a part of this great land, and I want nothing less than my new born son to be able to feel that same pride and greatness of knowing he to is free. I am looking to you Senator NAME for your leadership and fortitude to lead your constituents to that future so that all of our future generations can live free. My thoughts and prayers go out to you as you do you duty, and I admirer your ability to wade through the difficult decisions facing this country each and every day.

It has come to my attention recently that a clause contained in the 1994 Crime Bill, signed into law by former President Clinton, known as the Assault Weapons Ban is going to expire in September 2004.  I urge you to allow this law to be written off as a failure to the people. It is absolutely illogical to think that by placing a ban against law bidding Americans to own the so called “Assault Weapon” that some how the lawless thugs on our streets are going to somehow lack the ability to commit crimes against us. I also urge you to consider all the facts as you make your decision. It can be very difficult to wade through all of the Hollywood and Media born myths about firearms. So please do your research carefully. For example, take a look at Alabama. They are in the process of passing a law that will allow a database to be formed to keep tract of people who have been commented to a mental health facilities for a metal illness so that they will have a record of that person ineligible status and not allow the sell of that firearm to that person. Other ideas along the same lines as this have been sought after by many on both sides of the gun control topic. Stop the people who have proven to be irresponsible with their freedom, and allow the rest of the population that is law bidding and loyal to live in peace. There is a happy ground between the out right banning of firearms and the out right free market of firearms.

That happy ground can be found by allowing the law-abiding people to get their firearms without being hassled but forbidding the disqualified people from getting their hands on firearms.

Thank you for allowing me to communicate my concerns with you and your office. I know it must be very difficult to listen to so many people, but yet still be able to vote what your conscience tells you to. Again, all I ask it that you consider all the facts before placing your vote on any bill that would allow the so called Assault Weapons Ban to continue as law. I truly believe that other avenues exist that will allow the law bidding people of this country to own such weapons without causing anyone to die needlessly. I do not know how that can be done. However, I do believe, that somewhere out there, there is an answer that we all can live with and still be free to live our lives without fear or repression.

Sincerely with Respect and Gratitude,
Link Posted: 1/29/2004 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#29]
So I am going to start sending letters but I wouldl like to know if it is better (Looks more genuine) if we write these letters out by hand or if the best thing todo is just get them on the desk of these representatives?  I was planing on using the examples and signing and handwriting the addresses but it is quicker to print the labels off and just sign.  I want to be as effective as possible because this is a fight NON of us can afford to lose.  Thanks for replying and Thank you NyPatriot for putting this in front of us.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2004 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I got this one in today from one of the heavy hitters, Senator Lindsey O. Graham.
He sounds promising.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/495621/ograhamletter2.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Link Posted: 1/29/2004 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Bump
My letters will be written over this coming weekend.
Link Posted: 1/29/2004 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#32]
3-7INFANTRY... Senator Lindsey O. Graham is a [b]HE!!![/b] [BD]  
Link Posted: 1/30/2004 5:27:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
3-7INFANTRY... Senator Lindsey O. Graham is a [b]HE!!![/b] [BD]  
View Quote

Woops. I fixed it. [:O]
Infantry
Link Posted: 1/31/2004 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I am new to this and don't know much about politics, legislation, or even government for that matter, but I want to do my part. I want to write to my elected officials to urge them to vote against renewal of the AWB, but when I looked up their contact info I found two addresses for each person. Which office do you think would be more effective to write to, the Washington office or the main district office? Also, I am in CO. I found contact info for two senators and seven reps. Should I write to all of them or just those for my district?
Link Posted: 2/1/2004 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Welcome to the fight, Vallopez2000... glad to have you!!!

As for your particular course of action, I would suggest that you start by writing to your state's two Senators & to the congressperson who represents the district where you live.  Write to their Washington offices at least. If your are feeling ambitious, write to their local offices as well.

[b]It's also very important to write them more than once.[/b] One barrage of letters is simply not enough. I know it is time consuming & a PITA, but we need to write the our reps. multiple times in order to show them that we are a serious & persistent force to be reckoned with!

... and then there are ALL the other politicans & organizations in this thread. They need to hear from you too!

[i]Vallopez2000, I know this chore can seem daunting, but there is no way around it if you are truly intent on making your opinion heard!!![/i]

Thanks again, friend.

NYP

Link Posted: 2/3/2004 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I cannot believe that you actually think that assault weapons are our "liberty teeth"??? Assault weapons really hold no good in a democratic society. Come on NY Patriot...what kind of patriot are you???? I see nothing wrong with a handgun perhaps if one has to feel manly and go out and shoot at cans in their backyard...but ASSAULT WEAPONS!!! those are what is killing our children. Do you want statistics on innocent victims of drive by shootings??? These instruments of death are too easily accessable to criminals already and you would like to make them practically as easy to buy as candy. Patriot indeed! A patriot is for those living in their country not against them. I thought I was going to find intelligent conversation regarding firearms here, but it looks like it might just be a bunch of rebel rousers trying to destroy the already fragile humanitarian fabric of this existing country. I now truly believe that Hilary Clinton certainly has the right idea...and indeed has my support in the next election. Come on guys...get a grip!
Sara
Link Posted: 2/3/2004 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#37]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 2/3/2004 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#38]
sara69
Feel free to write your Congressman. Maybe Hitlery will take you up on the numbers in your user name.
Link Posted: 2/5/2004 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Good new, Jim Matheson (D-UT) is on board.  In his response to my letter, he cites to the CDC study which found that the AW ban was innefective in stopping crime and then goes on to say:

If no evidence is brought before Congress that demonstratably shows a link between the "Assault Weapons Ban" and a statistically significant reduction in semiautomatic firearm crime, then the ban should be allowed to expire.  I feel it would be a mistake to deny constitional rights to all Americans because of the misdeeds of a few.  I support legislation that punishes those who abuse these rights and pose a threat to public safety; however, I cannot support legislation that treats law-abiding citizens and criminals equally by denying both constitutionally guaranteed liberties.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2004 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I cannot believe that you actually think that assault weapons are our "liberty teeth"??? Assault weapons really hold no good in a democratic society. Come on NY Patriot...what kind of patriot are you???? I see nothing wrong with a handgun perhaps if one has to feel manly and go out and shoot at cans in their backyard...but ASSAULT WEAPONS!!! those are what is killing our children. Do you want statistics on innocent victims of drive by shootings??? These instruments of death are too easily accessible to criminals already and you would like to make them practically as easy to buy as candy. Patriot indeed! A patriot is for those living in their country not against them. I thought I was going to find intelligent conversation regarding firearms here, but it looks like it might just be a bunch of rebel rousers trying to destroy the already fragile humanitarian fabric of this existing country. I now truly believe that Hilary Clinton certainly has the right idea...and indeed has my support in the next election. Come on guys...get a grip!
Sara
View Quote

you seem to be missing the point here.  It's not just "assault weapons" that are at steak here.  If we allow our Government to slowly chip away at our freedoms, we will soon be left with Communism.  What if the "great" leaders of our nation decided, in their infinite wisdom, that the citizens of America should no longer be permitted to drive SUV's because they cause more deaths when involved in accidents than regular cars?  Would you just hand over the keys to your BMW X5 [rolleyes][lol]?  
Anyway, how can we claim to live in a "free" democratic society when we allow our government to dictate what is safe for us to own.  That in and of it's self is the underlying creation of Tyranny.
Now instead of trolling around and popping up on the boards to make one post and then run and hide, why don't begin the debate and I will be happy to show you just how uneducated you are on statistics and firearm related death.  I won't even charge you for the lesson.
Link Posted: 2/7/2004 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Ptlm724, I'm pretty sure that "sara69" is just one of our regular members having a little fun under an assumed name!
Link Posted: 2/9/2004 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Just sent my two senators e-mails about my thoughts on the topic.  First time for me, oh well I hope those Fuckers listen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2004 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I Emailed (or web formed) Klinton, Scummer, Bush and Pete King.  Today, I will snail mail them all.

Bill H.
Farmingdale, NY
Link Posted: 2/10/2004 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#44]
i just re-sent all of my letters out today.  i have a bunch of them saved in word.  i just pick one and make a few copies.  i try to send them out at least onch a month.  i'll bet they are getting tired of hearing from me!

thanks again NYpat.
Link Posted: 2/11/2004 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Looking good, David... keep it up!!! [beer]
Link Posted: 2/16/2004 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#46]
FAXes sent to all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2004 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey guys.  I have a question.  This evening I wrote, and faxed ~21 of the listed Senators, and Congressmen on the list.  Tommorow I plan on calling each and eveyone them.  I was just curious as to what I should expect, and say.  I was just planning on letting who ever I speak to to make note That I oppose any and all new gun legislation that is pending or coming up for vote?  Anything else I should add?  Thanks..... for a good cause
Link Posted: 2/20/2004 4:05:26 AM EDT
[#48]
I sent out several letters to the Florida delegation about the AWB.

Rep Putnam sent me back a letter saying that he agreed with me and that the AWB should go away.

Sen Nelson told me to go pound sand.  His job in life is protect the people of the the US from us evil gun owners but, never the less, he "supports" the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/22/2004 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Proof positive that our letters, faxes, & phone calls [b]DO[/b] make a difference in the minds and opinions of politicians...

[URL=http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/0221gunlobby.html]Gun lobby shows clout in Ohio: Letters speak louder than donations...[/URL]

So... what is your excuse [i]now[/i]??? [;)]  
Link Posted: 2/23/2004 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Interesting... I thought I'd try out the online e-mail submission  from Congress.org to contact my Federal Reps.  When I e-mail Sen. Nelson (D) Fl - I get this screen:

Additional Required Information

Some public offices require additional information about the subject of your message. In order for messages to be delivered to these offices, you MUST select one of their topics from the menu(s) below.
View Quote

Guns, gun control, etc. are not listed as an option. Sen Graham (D) does have "Guns" listed as a topic. Guess Nelson doesn't want to make it any easier to submit an opinion.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top