User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes they export, but i've no idea about your end with the can and short barrel etc
View Quote

If the can is permanently affixed to the barrel, it's a one stamp gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'd simply be happy to buy a fully-sourced US version.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of my grail guns.

Do they import to the U.S.?

I'd simply be happy to buy a fully-sourced US version.

me too....I have even thought about making a Guerrilla version from a K98, enfield, or springfield....or hell even a modern bolt gun...but I keep putting it off.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they export, but i've no idea about your end with the can and short barrel etc

Yup but not sure on importation of NFA guns.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I need both of those in my life. Right now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
A buddy of mine ordered a repro one a number of years ago, not sure if he ever got it or not.

cool gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Shut up and take a lot of my money!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's another issue.

You'd need an 01 SOT and a 08 FFL, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the older version where they modified an Enfield .303 mag.  The front half held a very small amount of .45 rounds and the back part of the mag would catch the spent shells.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
We need a like button!  Thanks for posting this...that's a pretty awesome gun!  I'd never heard of it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Shut Up and Take My Money.jpg
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Any links to the manufacturer, OP?

Very cool.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Way cool always wanted one of those myself as well as a welrod
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Love that gun. The 9mm from Special Interest looks good too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Those are beauties for sure.  I made one of these myself.  Unfortunately, since I live in Illinois, my "suppressor" is non-functional.  The gun is modeled after some pictures that were sent to me by the curator of a British military firearms museum.  

It was quite a project... lots more to it that you would think, at a casual glance.    As the original version, mine has a Thompson barrel (with an extension welded on, so it's not a SBR).  The barrel is set back into the receiver, as the originals which allows the magazine to be correctly positioned against the trigger guard.  This, in turn, required shortening of the bolt body.  I made the wood forearm from scratch.  Even the standard 1911 magazines requrie modification.  There is a rib silver soldered up the rear of the mag that has a notch cut to engage the mag release.  I think the buttstock is the only "major" piece that didn't require modification or manufacture from scratch.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Post 1968 NFA items are LE/ SOT only.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I have an Enfield converted to 45acp, I think by Valkyrie Arms, not sure. But the action isn't good, the mags keep falling out.
I always wanted to have it converted to a Delisle clone, but never got around to it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Beautiful, Ive always wanted to own one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Sweet pix!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#21]
sort of want...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

SOON!! SOON!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I have an S&H integrally-suppressed Marlin Camp .45, which was probably inspired by that Delisle carbine...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Very cool!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:28:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Have you heard the integrally suppressed Ruger 77/357 conversions? They are supposed to be outstanding using .38 special.
View Quote
I just saw a Remington 788 on an auction site in 44 mag. Cut barrel to 16, put on a can, and I bet 44 special would be fun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:33:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm sitting on an approved Form 1 for a .45 cal 16" suppressor and just haven't had the time to build one yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Bravo! Absolutely gorgeous!  Nice purchase and I am envious.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:18:03 AM EDT
[#29]
That's quite the elevation adjustment on that rear sight!

Looks like the 200 yard setting would raise it to about the height of the 1200 yard volley sights of the rifles.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Have you heard the integrally suppressed Ruger 77/357 conversions? They are supposed to be outstanding using .38 special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a #1MkIII  that would be a perfect donor for such a project. However, I think I would like to set mine up with a mount for my .45-Octane. More of a tribute than a reproduction. I'll bet .45acp from a long barrel (longer than a pistol) and bolt-action would be really quiet.

I'd only be interested in using the #1MkIII in .45acp simply for the coolness factor I just love the imperial look of the SMLE. My donor rifle would be perfect for such a project because it is a trashed BSA #1Mk.III that came out of an Indian Armory. The barrel is a sewer pipe and bent (badly) so it's useless, no sights or front end parts. The wood all rotted away. I do have a complete bolt, receiver and a spare buttstock and semi-finished sporter forend so all I really need is a conversion kit (barrel, mag adapter, extractor, etc.). Unfortunately, it looks like those kits just aren't around anymore. I guess when the surplus guns dried up so did demand for the kits.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is the integral suppressor real in the reproduction?
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Any links to the builder OP?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#37]
British firearms are too polite to make much noise. A lesson some Congress critters should learn.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Those are beauties for sure.  I made one of these myself.  Unfortunately, since I live in Illinois, my "suppressor" is non-functional.  The gun is modeled after some pictures that were sent to me by the curator of a British military firearms museum.  

It was quite a project... lots more to it that you would think, at a casual glance.    As the original version, mine has a Thompson barrel (with an extension welded on, so it's not a SBR).  The barrel is set back into the receiver, as the originals which allows the magazine to be correctly positioned against the trigger guard.  This, in turn, required shortening of the bolt body.  I made the wood forearm from scratch.  Even the standard 1911 magazines requrie modification.  There is a rib silver soldered up the rear of the mag that has a notch cut to engage the mag release.  I think the buttstock is the only "major" piece that didn't require modification or manufacture from scratch.
View Quote

Nice work!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Buy now!

Any experience with these guys?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Beautiful. Of the two I prefer the full stocked one but the para stock is not to shabby either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've shot my friend's replica several times.  They are very neat, historically, but you can make something modern that is just as quiet, half the weight, and a quarter the price.
View Quote

A CA/NY AR with left side charging handle and no gas tube would do the same and its all parts off the open market. In a rifle cartridge.

Back to the History Channel. Interesting and it had a place in the day. I wouldn't call it a just a fun range toy - but it would be.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#43]
That's super cool and makes my wanna be mauser build look like shit
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Cool gun thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I have one of these. Quality no where near as good as the one in your pictures though!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#46]
For those wanting to make their own, Special Interest Arms makes the 45ACP barrels and conversion kits for Lee Enfields, and then you could make your own Form 1 can to go with.

That said, the old fucker at SIA is a nightmare to work with, you will get what you ordered EVENTUALLY but it takes a lot of contact and threats of recalling checks to even get the stuff. When you do get it, its decent though and a solid base to make your own DeLisle!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
For those wanting to make their own, Special Interest Arms makes the 45ACP barrels and conversion kits for Lee Enfields, and then you could make your own Form 1 can to go with.

That said, the old fucker at SIA is a nightmare to work with, you will get what you ordered EVENTUALLY but it takes a lot of contact and threats of recalling checks to even get the stuff. When you do get it, its decent though and a solid base to make your own DeLisle!
View Quote

He's a member here, but I agree. He has so many discontinued works, that you can't keep track. He's built some neat guns, but every thing I've contacted him about building, he claims they are too difficult and he's no longer offering that service. Why keep it in the website then?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think barrel tracking is how Sweden and other countries dof it as well.
View Quote

We regulate a lot of parts, barrels, bolts, pistol frames and upper receivers are all regulated. I can freely buy full-auto AR lowers, but I need a license for the other important bits.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top