BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
can you imagine if the electric company decided to cut you off because of your stance on certain issues
View Quote

Don't give the leftists trolls here ideas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just as soon as Cthulhu(Google in this reality) sets them up.
View Quote
*whistles innocently*
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Who can compete against Amazon, Microsoft, and Google?  Maybe one of them would piss off Elon enough for him to crank up his own cloud.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There seems to be a business opportunity for "politically agnostic" cloud providers. Are there none?

Who can compete against Amazon, Microsoft, and Google?  Maybe one of them would piss off Elon enough for him to crank up his own cloud.

I kind of hope his 40k satellite Skynet might make that a possibility. The last few interviews I've seen him do makes me think his pill is the redder side of a neutal purple.  Moving to Texas, too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The cloud is NOT about saving money. Never has been and there are a lot of execs who learned that through having to find a new job.

The cloud services enable your business to deploy new infrastructure faster as you grow. It also enables non IT people in the business to call the shots when it comes to what they want.

If you start a business today, you have to have a lot more up front capital to even set up in a colo vs cloud.   And as Godaddy showed, you can get cancelled regardless of where your stuff runs.

Parler should have been multi-cloud or have gone colo as big as they had gotten. Their DR plan needed to go beyond AWS regions and availability zones.
View Quote
Yep.  Elasticity is a massive upside.

A lot of people will tell you that cloud is insecure by nature, but there is a lot of security to be found in the cloud, especially for smaller businesses that just can't afford the products or the people it takes to do security well, even moreso during growth phases. Major cloud services can cover a lot of those gaps until the cloud customer decides to drive outside of good practices, then all bets are off.

I work in cloud security frequently, so even though I might not be a full on cloud kool aid drinker, I know some of it tastes good.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have to admit I didn't think there was anyone left who didn't know that.  
View Quote
I'd like to live in your world.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"The Cloud" still has problems with data security, and that is not an insignificant issue.
View Quote
"The Cloud" is not different than any other infrastructure. They ALL have data security issues. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
can you imagine if the electric company decided to cut you off because of your stance on certain issues
View Quote

They have in California for businesses that stay open in violation of Fuher Newsome's orders.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top