User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My BIL has one and is very happy with it.  I shot it a couple of times and it seems nice for the money.  YMMV
View Quote

My friends broke on the second shot. When he got it back from being repaired, it lasted a whopping 4 bullets.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the CPX2 has resolved some issues.

The CPX1 was my first pistol and I still have it because I like people enough to not sell it to them.

Keep in mind they have a lifetime warranty and will send you parts if something breaks or you can send it to them for a fix.
With that being said here is what happened with my CPX1

First time shooting the external safety kept engaging. I get on the forum and they say to file it down. Worked good and then broke.
Skyy has a block off piece now but I just took it out as its not really needed with the heavy trigger.

The mag release kept getting bumped as I shot it releasing the mag halfway and having a FTF. File down some. fixed.

Front sight popped off. I bought some for a P11 and they work great. I used epoxy to glue them in.
The front sight is plastic with two pegs that slide down into the slide. No more issues.

One of my mags split at the seam from being loaded over time. I tig welded it back and they sent me a new mag anyway. No problems since with either other than a little rust.

The recoil spring and guide rod were one piece on mine. The guide rod cap had a tiny threaded rod that went into the rod. It backed out while shooting one day and bent. I straightened it and put it back in but it eventually broke. They sent me one out.

No problems since but I don't even bother shooting it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are these made in Turkey, O_P?

What I know about the brand could be written on a matchbook cover with a grease pencil in capital letters
View Quote

Made in FL. I think it is a guy that used to work for KelTec irc.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Eh- I think that I'll keep my P-11.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd be interested in reliability with Gold Dot and HST as the gun is likely to appeal more as a defensive piece than a range toy.
[/img]
View Quote

Despite my other problems my 1st gen ran gold dots with zero malfunctions. Looks to be the same barrel and mags.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#9]
UPLULA is a great loader.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Saved for later, pic server is banned here
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It is indeed long, but not nearly as hard as the KelTec.

Their information says 9 pound trigger pull.  But it is smooth.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dad bought one and the trigger pull was awful long and hard.

It also had a funny feeling recoil. He traded it.

It is indeed long, but not nearly as hard as the KelTec.

Their information says 9 pound trigger pull.  But it is smooth.

After reading this I decided to drop by the local fun store over the lunch hour.  Just so happened that they had one.

Trigger on this one felt like it lightened up a bit as you pulled it.  It was long & heavy but there wasn't any grit to it.

I also played with an LC9 while I was there.  It had a great trigger compared to the SCCY IMO.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've got an LC9 myself, and other than the looong pull the trigger is great, feels light, it's consistent through the pull, and is smooth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also played with an LC9 while I was there.  It had a great trigger compared to the SCCY IMO.

I've got an LC9 myself, and other than the looong pull the trigger is great, feels light, it's consistent through the pull, and is smooth.

I've kind of been kicking around getting something smaller for summer carry.  The LC9 may just be the ticket.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up a Skyy(gen 1) at a gun show for 125 a few years back because it was the only gun that would fit my wife's baby hands in a double stack. I called the company asking about purchasing more magazines and they asked me for my serial number. I gave it and they told me to send it in for replacement. I did so for free and got a spanking new SS Gen2 in the mail a week later.

We went out and shot a good 200 rounds of wwb(100 rounds) and some reloaded JHP(100 rounds) that I had through it. Ran flawlessly but it was too snappy for my wife's weak wrists and small hands. She ended up with a G26 but from personal experience I wouldn't kick the Cpx2 out of bed for eating crackers. The controls are real close together and I suggest NOT getting the external safety model.

At the end of the day, it put rounds down range accurately and the rest is personal taste.

ETA: If your gun is marked Skyy, call the company and they will trade it out for a new gun and you don't have to worry about offloading a sub par piece. Hell, you might even like the new one. The replacement is the result of a lawsuit from the vodka company from what I hear.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the info. I think AIM has/had them and considered buying one... Maybe I will next time.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#19]
BOOM!

Looks like I will be buying one for $259 at AIM

Linky:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=3&name=Pistols
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Hickock 45 had over 500+ rounds through one. (an early gun) He wasn't impressed.

I had an early P11 that I wanted to like so badly. I just couldn't get on target with it. Are they new models any better?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Old Hickock sure looks like he has fun.  He and I need to get together sometime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hickock 45 had over 500+ rounds through one. (an early gun) He wasn't impressed.

http://youtu.be/vTgFs-m59RY

I had an early P11 that I wanted to like so badly. I just couldn't get on target with it. Are they new models any better?

Old Hickock sure looks like he has fun.  He and I need to get together sometime.

Amen!  

AN epic meeting if there ever was one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So the criteria for liking this pistol..

They sent one....

You compared it to a Keltec...

You shot a few boxes thru it...

it worked....

Am I missing anything?

You could do the same with a Lorcin and pretty much get the same results...

Yea, I know, I could do my own, but your the one who reviewed it, and you made a recommendation...

View Quote

you have been here 11 years.  Seriously?

Old Painless gives some of the best reviews I have read, he lays it out good bad and ugly, with all kinds of his tests and reviews.  I don't see him saying it was the best of anything.  I put more stock in his reviews then I do any magazine reviews.

I swear more and more of ARFCOM is trying to become  confrontational just so they can see themselves argue on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah, that was the criteria for liking it.  Look man, not everyone had $500 to spend on a pistol.  It is nice to get some sort of review for guns like this, even if they are anecdotal.  It beats nothing.

I don't see Old-Painless saying this is the best buy one can make for a small 9mm.  He just said it worked for him.  Maybe try not to read so much between the lines that isn't there next time?

By the way, you COULD do your own review, but I don't know who the fuck you are.  I put a lot more stock in O_P's assessment than yours.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They sent one....

it worked....

Am I missing anything?

Yea, I know, I could do my own, but your the one who reviewed it, and you made a recommendation...

Yeah, that was the criteria for liking it.  Look man, not everyone had $500 to spend on a pistol.  It is nice to get some sort of review for guns like this, even if they are anecdotal.  It beats nothing.

I don't see Old-Painless saying this is the best buy one can make for a small 9mm.  He just said it worked for him.  Maybe try not to read so much between the lines that isn't there next time?

By the way, you COULD do your own review, but I don't know who the fuck you are.  I put a lot more stock in O_P's assessment than yours.

Well said!

OP has done more for random people than you'll ever do harv.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:17:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Old Painless gives some of the best reviews I have read, he lays it out good bad and ugly, with all kinds of his tests and reviews.  I don't see him saying it was the best of anything.  I put more stock in his reviews then I do any magazine reviews.

I swear more and more of ARFCOM is trying to become  confrontational just so they can see themselves argue on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sent one....

it worked....

Am I missing anything?

I having nothing against him, but you all treat him like he's Underwriters Laboratories.... I'm sorry if I didn't think his review was that stellar... but then again, I take my advice from subject matter experts in there field, not Hobbyist's who play with stuff in there back yard. If that makes me a dick, so be it.

He basically shot a few boxes thru a gun and said, Not bad... and he titled it an evaluation.

If that's all you need to decide on if a handgun is suitable for CCW (which is all this gun would be good for) then have at it.

That's the problem with the internet.. anyone can be an expert as long as they have a camera and YouTube... Apparently everybody's internet favorite Hickok had the opposite opinion... so who do I listen to???? Who was correct in there evaluation??? at least he shot 500 rds thru it...

I'm done here...

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:30:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks again, Professor O_P
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I having nothing against him, but you all treat him like he's Underwriters Laboratories....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I having nothing against him, but you all treat him like he's Underwriters Laboratories....

No we don't.  But that assessment combined with other research makes a difference.  I think you are presuming a lot if you think that people would make a buy decision based on one review.  Why would you think that?  Why must you insist on creating some sort of strawman?  At no point did O_P style himself as the end all/be all for gun reviews.  He's a trust worthy source but he's never pretended to be the ONLY source.

O_P's assessment is what it is.  He didn't tell us all to run out and buy one immediately.  He didn't misrepresent anything.  The only one that has done that here is you.  WTF is your malfunction?

Quoted:

That's the problem with the internet.. anyone can be an expert as long as they have a camera and YouTube... Apparently everybody's internet favorite Hickok had the opposite opinion... so who do I listen to???? Who was correct in there evaluation??? at least he shot 500 rds thru it...

Who the fuck said you had to listen to anybody?  Who the fuck said that certain reviewers had to agree with one another?  Finally, who is saying that an internet reviewer is the only source that one goes to for information?  Not a damn soul except for you.

You want to complain about the reviews made by others?  Ok.  Where's your fucking review?  
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I having nothing against him, but you all treat him like he's Underwriters Laboratories.... I'm sorry if I didn't think his review was that stellar... but then again, I take my advice from subject matter experts in there field, not Hobbyist's who play with stuff in there back yard. If that makes me a dick, so be it.

He basically shot a few boxes thru a gun and said, Not bad... and he titled it an evaluation.

If that's all you need to decide on if a handgun is suitable for CCW (which is all this gun would be good for) then have at it.

I'm done here...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They sent one....

it worked....

Am I missing anything?

I'm done here...

There, their and they're. Learn it and I just might start taking your opinion seriously. Until then, you just come across as an ignorant hillbilly that needs to swing his e-peen.

Good day, Sir.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top