User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wooo, Arock...
You have to come down here and visit...I have about 7 original Bill Graham/Kelley Mouse posters I brought along!
Come see and visit :)
View Quote

Let me guess...  Spring of '68??   I know the ones Alton Kelley and Rick Griffin did but not the ones by Kelley and Stanley M.  I think Cliff Seeley did the one I posted.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I see that I got the pot all stirred up [:D], just added a poll for shitz and giggles
personally KISS rules .......they were the ones to pioneer live shows.

Pink Floyd also kicks ass....

Sorry guys...Led Zepplin is WAY overrated
Let the flaming continue [:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue Oyster Cult!

The original heavy metal thunder!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The redneck in me has to say...

PLAY SOME LYNYRD SKYNYRD MAN!

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
1) The Cowsills
Just kidding [:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#6]
What, no votes for Nelson?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't believe that no one has even once mentioned this band.  Yes, their amps go to 11...

SPINAL TAP!!!!

Tim
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, when spinal tap broke up I was pissed.  Thank god they got back together.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#11]

"How much more black can it be? None... None more black." Nigel Tufnel

Seriously though, every music lover will have different answers.

My personal favorite rock bands are:

1) The Beatles
2) The Clash
3) Elvis Costello & the Attractions

But if you really want to know who the greatest 20th century [b]BAND[/b] of all time was, then the answer is without a doubt...

[b]BOOKER T AND THE MGs[/b]

If you don't think you know who they are, you do, you just don't know it.

They had hit records on there own of course, but they were also the backup band for most of the Stax/Volt Memphis Soul singles put out in the late 50's through the 60's.

Otis Redding, Albert King, Sam & Dave, Etc., Etc.

Bad ass music my brothers... Bad ass music.

Here endeth the lesson.

Cheers,
Chris

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:06:31 AM EDT
[#12]
What band has the titles for the most #1 singles in history? Would that solve it?
I know Mikel jackson has the title for most #1 songs on an album but well he Needs to fall off the edge of the earth o it dont matter who owns the all time record? The beatles?

I really liked Rage against machine It sucked that they broke up They have a band that can put out good tunes but I dont think the new singer (audioslave) is worth a shit its just not the same.

I think AC/DC rocks they can sell out a stadium anywhere in the world at any time and they have been at it for a long damn time
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:54:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Led Zepplin; without a  dought.  Seen them back in '69 and again in early 70's.  Also been to two Page and Plant concerts and they STILL are the BEST.[8P]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't believe that no one has even once mentioned this band.  Yes, their amps go to 11...

SPINAL TAP!!!!

Tim
View Quote

I was waiting for that ...

Hmmm... Queen - No thats "Rock Opera"

So many classics - so little space for MP3's

Edit: I have been to concerts by Genesis, Foreinger, Little River band, Joe Walsh, Kansas, Rush, Berlin, Red Hot chili peppers, KISS, ZZTop, Motly Crew And Sam Kenison, (sat next to Dwezle & Moon Zappa at that one) Van Halen - My regrets are there have been so many others I have missed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]
unquestionably, motley crue
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm... shouldn't The Who get some mention here?  OK, they're my pick as the greatest.  

Spinal Tap still holds the title as one of the loudest bands of all time.  Marti DeBergi got it right. :)

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#19]
The best oldies are as follows:
-Zepplin
-Stones
-Beatles
-Pink Floyd
-The Who

The best "new" Bands...
-U2
-Nirvina..(Dead freak job, but really good music)  
-Pear Jam
-Smashing Pumpkins

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top