Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Every surgeon in Pennsylvania is on a hiatus because of the volume and nature of negligence lawsuits in that state. Most corporations spend as much on negligence CYA as they do on development and marketing. Many products are regarded as uninsurable. These products (some of them lifesaving) never make it to market because of litigious parasites.

I think the profession kills more people than any other source. The rot has progressed to the point that its elimination would be beneficial. (Note the lack of a smiley.)

Mercy kill jokes aside, the problem could be eliminated by some simple modifications to the bar exams and rules allowing lawyers and firms to be irrevocably disbarred for repeatedly bringing frivolous suits. (something like a three strike law with no corporate veil)

...Never happen

Oh well, back to fanaticizing about mercy kill bag limits. [:D] Anyone think I could get a grant to study their migratory habits? (complete with trank darts and radio collars) I think we need some analysis on habitat saturation.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Extra points for shooting them while they are chasing the ambulances??
View Quote

Can I get them FROM the moving ambulance, or would be considerd baiting.

I say to keep the population down, we should shoot every 3rd one, every year.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimless
I agree with much of what you say.

But, if I might add:
The problem is that many cases without merit are allowed to go forward.
The cost to defend against these lawsuits adds up rather quickly.
Very often, the award or settlement is less than the cost to defend.
The cost to defend will eventually be passed on to the consumer at some point.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#7]
"inbecile"?  If you cannot preserve the decencies of debate, then it means you have lost the argument.  Better luck next time SteyrAUG.  Why don't you stick to subjects about which you are not so deeply ignorant?  Your post about shooting your .22 in the back yard was cute.  Stick to that kind of thing.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"inbecile"?  If you cannot preserve the decencies of debate, then it means you have lost the argument.  Better luck next time SteyrAUG.  Why don't you stick to subjects about which you are not so deeply ignorant?  Your post about shooting your .22 in the back yard was cute.  Stick to that kind of thing.  
View Quote

So you are saying that my statement...

[b]1. It's a joke to everyone EXCEPT complete imbeciles.[/b]

does apply to you? I didn't call everyone a "imbecile", only those who couldn't figure out it was a joke. Apparantly you are the only one.

Aren't you guys supposed to read things carefully? [;)]

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top