Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/31/2002 3:29:05 AM EDT
[b]UPDATE[/b]: FoxNEWS is reporting [b]Five Americans Dead[/b] at Hebrew University!

JERUSALEM — A terror bomb blew up in a crowded cafeteria at Hebrew University in Jerusalem Wednesday, killing seven people -- [b]including at least five Americans[/b] -- and wounding more than 85.

The Israeli government promised retaliation within hours.

The bomb exploded at lunchtime in the university's Frank Sinatra cafeteria. Though classes are not in session, the cafeteria was filled with students who were at the university to take exams.

Three Americans, a man and two women, were among the dead. State Department sources told Fox News they were looking into reports of a fourth American killed in the blast -- a woman.

Witnesses initially said a homicide bomber was responsible, but Israeli police later said the bomb most likely had been planted, possibly in a bag.

"We're talking about an explosive device, apparently not a suicide bomber. It is being checked," said Jerusalem's Deputy Police Chief Ilan Franco.

Hamas' military wing, the Izzedine al-Qassam Brigades, said in a statement released to the Arabic satellite television network al-Jazeera that it had placed a bomb in the cafeteria two hours before the explosion.

Sheik Ahmed Yassin, Hamas' spiritual leader, said the bombing was revenge for Israel's air strike in Gaza last week that killed Hamas military commander Salah Shehadeh and 14 civilians, including nine children

Another Hamas leader, Abdel Aziz Rantisi, said, "Now [the Israelis] are paying the price of killing our children, women and leaders."

At the university, witnesses described a scene of horror and destruction as rescue workers tended to the wounded and bomb-sniffing dogs checked for more explosives.

"I ran in, there were people lying around wailing, covered in blood. Scenes that are indescribable, clothes and flesh torn apart," said Alastair Goldrein, 19, from Liverpool, England.

"I was on my way to lunch," said Goldrein, who has been taking Jewish studies at the university for the past year. "There was a huge, huge explosion. Everything shook and then there was this deathly silence."

"It was packed," Israeli government spokesman Danny Seaman said of the cafeteria. "The place is devastated inside. It's a terrible scene. There are body parts scattered 100 to 200 yards."

Spencer Dew, 26, an American student from Owensboro, Ky., who was lightly wounded by flying glass, said he had worried about such attacks in Israel, "but it didn't deter me from coming. I assume I'll come back next year."

A university employee, identified only as Ilana, told Israel Radio that she was leaving the cafeteria when "I heard a very loud explosion. All the glass broke onto the floor and there was darkness and silence. Slowly, people began to leave and other people were lying on the floor."

Goldrein said the cafeteria was a place where students of various backgrounds mixed freely. Many foreign students currently at the university are from Britain and France, he said.

Most of the students are Jewish, though a large number of Arabs also attend the university. Israel's Channel 2 television said Arab students were believed to be among the casualties.

Dr. Ovadia Shemesh, deputy director of Shaare Zedek Medical Center, told the Israeli newspaper Haaretz that most of the wounded were between the ages of 18 and 30.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:33:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is link: [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59185,00.html[/url]

JERUSALEM — An explosion rocked a cafeteria at Hebrew University in Jerusalem at lunchtime Wednesday, causing multiple casualties, police said.

The Israeli rescue service said an initial estimate put the number wounded at more than 30.

The explosion took place at the university's Frank Sinatra cafeteria, witnesses said. Though classes are not in session, students are taking exams and the cafeteria was busy.

The university is located near the border between traditionally Arab east Jerusalem and west Jerusalem.

Wednesday's blast comes a day after a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself at a food stand in Jerusalem, killing himself and wounding several Israelis.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]'At least seven dead'[/b], now confirmed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
From the Jerusalem Post online:

[b]SEVEN DEAD, DOZENS WOUNDED IN SUICIDE BOMB ATTACK AT HEBREW UNIVERSITY, MOUNT SCOPUS[/b]

By THE JERUSALEM POST INTERNET STAFF

An explosion set off apparently by a suicide bomber rocked a cafeteria at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem at lunchtime Wednesday, killing a number of people and wounding at least 35, rescue officials and media reports said.

Channel 2 television reported seven people were killed.

"There are a number of dead and critically injured, it's too soon to say how many. This was a very serious attack," a Magen David Adom official told the television.

Witnesses told Israeli media that the blast was the work of a suicide bomber.

The explosion took place at the university's Frank Sinatra cafeteria, which is the student union building, witnesses said.

[b]The building is next door to the Rothberg International School, where about 80 pupils from the US and other Western countries arrived Wednesday to prepare for the fall semester.[/b]

Though classes are not in session, students are taking exams and the cafeteria was busy at the time of the blast.

Firefighters reported dozens of people were wounded, and that the cafeteria was packed at the time of the attack.

The wounded were quickly evacuated from the scene and taken to Jerusalem area hospitals, Israel Radio reported.

Emergency numbers:

Hadassah Hospital in Ein Karem 125-5122
Fax 643-0255

Hadassah Hospital on Mount Scopus 125-5121
Fax 584-4972

These are Jerusalem area numbers.

See article at: [url]http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1027506404633[/url]

Hmmm, if there are US students among the dead and wounded, how will the 'Yasser' faction on this Board take it?

Eric The(Shouldn'tMakeAnyDifference,Eh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:12:38 AM EDT
[#4]
[size=4]Terror bombing kills 7, wounds 70 at Jerusalem university[/size=4]

By Jonathan Lis, Ha'aretz Correspondent, and Ha'aretz Service

A bombing in a crowded cafeteria at the Mount Scopus campus of Jerusalem's Hebrew University killed at least seven people Wednesday afternoon and injured at least 70, 14 seriously.

Some of those in the cafeteria were foreign students taking summer school classes.

The injured were being taken to hospitals in the city, but the evacuation efforts were hampered by the location of the attack, inside a building on the campus.

In statement released to Al-Jazeera Television, the militant Hamas movement claimed responsibility for the attack, denying reports that the attack was a suicide bombing. Hamas has repeatedly sworn to avenge the assassination last week of its military commander Salah Shehadeh in an IDF air raid that also killed 11 children and a number of adult civilians.

There had been unconfirmed reports that the body of a suicide bomber was among the corpses at the scene.

"We still do not know about the exact number of losses," said deputy Jerusalem Police Chief Ilan Franco.

Dr. Ovadia Shemesh, deputy director of Shaare Zedek Medical Center said most of the wounded were between the agess of 18 and 30. He said that most of the injuries were from shrapnel and from the collapse of the cafeteria ceiling.

David Baker, an official in Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's office, said that [b]"Israel is fighting a pitched battle against terror and for the right to walk down the street, take a bus or sit in a cafeteria without the fear of being decimated by Palestinian terrorism."[/b]

Though classes were not in session, students were taking exams at the time of the blast, and the cafeteria, situated in the university's Frank Sinatra building, was crowded with diners. There were also numerous students in the building registering for classes for the coming school year, witnesses said.

"This was one place that I thought was safe," said a shaken and bloodied survivor of the attack, who identified herself as Anat.

Another eyewitness, Oshrit, said, "At first we didn't know what was happening. The whole building shook. The street was full of smoke and broken glass…there are security personnel in almost every building. The security is not thorough, they check your bag and that's it."

It was the second bomb attack in the capital in the space of 24 hours. On Tuesday five people were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up at a felafel stand in downtown Jerusalem, near the border with the city's largely Arab eastern half.

The Mount Scopus campus is adjacent to the West Bank, and is close to Arab neighborhoods of the holy city.

[url]http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/Flash1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#5]
And of course, because Hebrew University has Arab as well as Jewish and Christian students, they killed some of their own too. Murdering bastards just don't care.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]
M't:24:3: And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
M't:24:4: And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
M't:24:5: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
M't:24:6: And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
M't:24:7: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
M't:24:8: All these are the beginning of sorrows.
M't:24:9: Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
M't:24:10: And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
M't:24:11: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
M't:24:12: And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
M't:24:13: But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
M't:24:14: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
M't:24:15: When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
M't:24:16: Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
M't:24:17: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
M't:24:18: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, [b]Grock[/b], the 'Olivet Discourse' is becoming clearer and clearer to His people as the time draws nigh.

'Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem' is still a good prayer for Jews and Christians, alike.

Eric The(EndTimes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020731/i/1028117937.2147663955.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020731/i/1028119077.3020128339.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020731/i/1028118614.2684518492.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020731/i/1028117518.2952962140.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020731/i/1028118085.2281799702.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Those pics were indeed sickening.

Just understand people that what you are looking at are the results of sin, and how it affects humanity.

Turn to your God for salvation, and forgiveness of YOUR sins.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020731/capt.1028120946.mideast_israel_palestinians_jrl101.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Got this from a friend, makes sense to me.

1. Israel must go beyond occupying Yesha (Judea/Samaria... West Bank). It must annex this territory, asserting its sovereignty over a land to which they legitimately have a right historically and militarily.

2. Military action must be far-reaching and uncompromising to completely eradicate every face of terrorism.

3. Yasir Arafat and his leadership must be killed. Their deportation will only allow them to export their hatred elsewhere with full impunity while they can continue to terrorize Israel.

4. All of the Jewish holy sites including the Temple Mount must be taken back. We must declare to the Muslim world our right and sovereignty over our holy sites.

5. Gaza, the cesspool of terrorism, must be annihilated beyond recognition. This must be done in a way that minimizes the loss of life to Israeli soldiers. To go into Gaza as Israel went into Jenin would be a death trap. To risk Israeli soldiers for the protection of Palestinian “civilians” is morally reprehensible. These civilians aid, abet, house, exhort and side with the PLO almost universally. They support murderous suicide missions with their own children. They share with the PLO the singular notion of the destruction of the Jewish State and the annihilation of its people. For those politically correct I say without apology and emphatically that they are evil and should bear the misery they have sewn.

6. Israel must simultaneously attack Lebanon and Syria who have been allowed to mass thousands of Katyusha missiles and have gone beyond provocation for war. They, along with Iraq, must be vanquished if terror is to be eradicated . Israel should proceed unilaterally, showing the world by example how to deal justly with evil. Invariably, as the conflict widens, America will get involved. Israel, however, should be prepared to go it alone.

7. After Israel has done the above, Arabs who are hostile to Israel in Yesha or within the "green line" (Israel Proper) should be deported to either Lebanon or Jordan.

8. Israel should then declare that it will remain a Jewish State in perpetuity and that there is no room for the creation of yet another hostile Arab entity. If Israeli Arabs don’t approve , then they can go to any one of 21 Arab dictatorships where they can assert their rights. Israel must protect her unique identity as a Jewish Nation even if it violates democratic precepts.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:20:26 AM EDT
[#13]
The force of the blast is determined by the quantity of the explosive. An average bomb — the kind strapped around a suicide terrorist's waist, covered by a shirt — would likely detonate at a rate of about 28,000 feet per second — or about 22 times faster than a 9 mm bullet leaving the muzzle of a handgun. That means the surrounding air pressure — normally 15 pounds per square inch — would spike to 2,200 pounds per square inch. Such heat and pressure will melt iron. A person sitting nearby would feel, momentarily, a shock wave slamming into his or her body with an 'overpressure' of 300,000 pounds. Such a blast would crush the chest, rupture liver, spleen, heart and lungs, melt eyes, pull organs away from surrounding tissue, separate hands from arms and feet from legs. Bodies would fly through the air or be impaled on the jagged edges of crumpled metal and broken glass.

The media outlets describing the work of the suicide bombers invariably fall far short of describing the actual result. The children killed are often far more fortunate than those described as "wounded." The wounded are left to suffer in hideous agony, their bodies and organs riddled with the nails and screws and other sharp pieces of steel wrapped around the Semtex explosive.

This is not the result of gruesome accident, awful as that would be, but the calculated evil of men who have recruited children to kill other children."

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I still think that Americans don't get it. In order to stop this crap...we must stop those who are doing it. This is [b]not[/b] Israel's fault..if I hear one more Muslim coming on t.v. and blaming the victims...I swear.

Look out Gaza..here comes an answer. Guaranteed!

I feel so sick,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#15]
[img]http://www.gamerz232.org/images/deargod.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I know I sound like a broken record, but I still keep asking myself, how much more are the Israeli people going to take before they finally just tell the world to shove it, and take care of business their way.
View Quote

When they do, Where can I sign up?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Both Clinton and Jackson were declaring that we must give the Palys their own state and then all of this will be over...just give in to terrorism and everything will be ok?...
Hopefully when we launch against Iraq the Israelis do the Palys simultaneously. Then we should do Iran, Lebanon, Sryria, and Saudi and every radical inside CONUS.. including Farrakan & Crew
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok enough of this crap...regardless of whether or not Israel is our "friend", regardless of whether or not Israel is a "made-up" country backed by the Brits and the US, regardless of whether or not they spy on us...it is time for the IDF to get some....let's see if we can make this a Six-Days War.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Too bad West Bank is too close for a NUKE!

Jordan is where most of the "Palistinians" are why give them ANOTHER state?  Only good reason I can see is that Israel could then declare war on them and exterminate the maggots.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#22]
2 Americans were killed according to Fox News.  What is our country going to do about this?  Probably nothing.[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know I sound like a broken record, but I still keep asking myself, how much more are the Israeli people going to take before they finally just tell the world to shove it, and take care of business their way.
View Quote

this is an interesting question.

I heard on the radio yesterday, 60% of Israelis want to abandon the West Bank.

Indicating possibly...

1. Their gov't is out of touch with them.

2. They've lost the stomach to fight.

Either way, I doubt there will ever be a time when they "tell the world to shove it, and take care of business their way." Not if what I heard on the radio is true.

Get ready for YOUR children to die for Israel, doing a job they are unwilling to do for themselves.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020731/i/1028130647.3154321495.jpg[/img]

Yes, [b]AR15[/b], Fox News is reporting Two Dead Americans!

Here's the link:[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59185,00.html[/url]

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Post from garandman -
Get ready for YOUR children to die for Israel, doing a job they are unwilling to do for themselves.
View Quote

First, I wouldn't believe everything that I hear on the radio.

Second, if FoxNEWS is correct, OUR children are already dying. The question now becomes, what is the United States gonna do about two of its young citizens being killed by terrorists in Israel?

Send in a 'fact-finding team'? Tell Israel to 'suck it up' and continue in the peace process?

Get Henry Kissenger out of retirement so that he can arrange a withdrawal of America from the area, 'with honor', as he did in Vietnam?

I say Israel should militarily reoccupy the rest of the West Bank, just as they did prior to the miserably failed 'Oslow Peace Accords.'

That's all. When the Palestinians have wandered in the Wilderness for a generation to rid itself of the generation that approved of these suicide, ritualistic, murders, then and only then can a separate Palestinian state be considered!

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#27]
The people that want to abandon the west bank are tired of being used as goats in a tiger hunt........
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I say Israel should militarily reoccupy the rest of the West Bank, just as they did prior to the miserably failed 'Oslow Peace Accords.'

That's all. [>]:)]
View Quote

That's fine with me.

But its quite obvious to me they NEVER will. America WILL end up doing it FOR them.

Get ready for YOUR children to die in their war.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#30]
From Ha'aretz article on bombing:

Wednesday, July 31, 2002 Av 22, 5762 Israel Time:  20:51  (GMT+3)  

[size=4]Eyewitness: Suddenly everything went black[/size=4]

By Ha'aretz Service and Agencies

Bodies lay scattered on the ground, wounded people screamed, shattered tables, chairs and restaurant equipment littered the large room transformed from a friendly multinational cafeteria into a scene of chaos and destruction on Wednesday by a large bomb at Hebrew University in Jersualem which killed seven people and wounded more than 80.

Hamas claimed the lunchtime attack at the Frank Sinatra International Student Center, a popular hangout for Jewish and Arab students taking exams and for foreign visitors on summer courses.

Yossi Halpon, 31, a resident from the West Bank settlement of Nokdim said, "Suddenly everything went black, I felt as if I was inside a gas balloon. It was very hot and everything flew."

One of the 14 wounded taken to Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Halpon said that he was among the workers doing renovations at the university and went to the cafeteria to eat with a friend. He was fortunate enough to sit in the inner area next to the wall, which Halpon believes saved his life.

"The cafeteria was the most popular cafeteria on campus" said a visibly shaken Alastair Goldrein, from Liverpool, England. "It was the place to be."

Goldrein, 19, was walking across the lawn on his way there for lunch on Wednesday when there was a huge blast and the ground shook.

"Then there was this deathly silence," said Goldrein, who has been taking Jewish studies at the university for the past year. "I ran in, there were people lying around wailing, covered in blood. Scenes that are indescribable, clothes and flesh torn apart."

[b]"I'll never understand why somebody would want to target somewhere like this," he said. "Everyone was happy together, people are eating together. There's no guns in here, no soldiers in here, no policemen in here, just young people 19-25 years old eating their dinner."[/b]

-                  -                 -

The university, on Mt. Scopus, is in an enclave surrounded on three sides by Palestinian neighborhoods. Benny Vered, deputy editor of the university's student newspaper, said he published a prediction in April of a bombing at the cafeteria, which is close to the campus perimeter fence, charging that the fence was not properly guarded.

[b]"I held a sign that said 'terrorist' (in Hebrew) and crossed back and forth over the fence for 40 minutes," he told Israel Radio, adding that no one appeared to notice.[/b] A university official replied that security measures are tight, and not all of them are visible.

The Hebrew University has 23,000 students, of whom about 4,600 are Arabs and 1,500 are from abroad, university officials said.

See article at: [url]http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=192912&contrassID=1&subContrassID=5&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y[/url]

No, that's probably only 4,599 Arab students, now.

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Question:

Since the terrorists have now ALSO killed Arabs, does that mean the Arabs are no longer our enemies????

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#32]
My prediction is that we will "strongly condemn" the attack but will do nothing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Hey Eric, want to go over with me and be a border guard for two weeks?  I will cover your tickets.

Seriously folks, maybe an AR15.COM contingent.

No bag limit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey Eric, want to go over with me and be a border guard for two weeks?  I will cover your tickets.
View Quote

An excellent idea! I note that the Wall Street fellow that went for Border Guard duty was 49, so he ain't much younger than I am, and there was no mention of any prior military service that was required of him!

I'd go in a heartbeat, if they would have me!

Hmmmm...

Eric The(AndI'veGotLotsOfIsraeliEquipmentAlready!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

An excellent idea! I note that the Wall Street fellow that went for Border Guard duty was 49, so he ain't much younger than I am, and there was no mention of any prior military service that was required of him!

I'd go in a heartbeat, if they would have me!

Hmmmm...

Eric The(AndI'veGotLotsOfIsraeliEquipmentAlready!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I have an email into the consulate asking for paritculars, I can do two weeks, no problem.  Also, I bet we could score some high caps to boot.

I will forward over to you any info I get.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Please forward info to me also!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#37]
After today, with two young Americans getting killed, I'll bet the Consulate will be innundated with offers!

Which means they'll probably get to pick and choose!

But, it can never hurt to ask! [:D]

Eric The('OnTheBorder'BorderGuard)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#39]
If the 'severe retaliation' includes Arafat's head on a stick, it would not be too severe for me!

As I've said, we need to let Israel be Israel.

And if that means a vast wasteland on the West Bank, no one can say that these idiots weren't warned.

Or that they didn't bring it on themselves!

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Question:

Since the terrorists have now ALSO killed Arabs, does that mean the Arabs are no longer our enemies????

View Quote

What is this 'our' bit?

You have ALWAYS liked muslims cause they kill Jews, which you agree with in spite of you lame protestations to the contrary.

You even support killing of Americans, just as long as they are Jews, or dealing with Jews.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#43]
[size=4]Bombing at Hebrew University Kills 7[/size=4]
Wed Jul 31, 6:49 PM ET
By GREG MYRE, Associated Press Writer

JERUSALEM (AP) - A bomb hidden in a bag ripped through a busy cafeteria at Hebrew University Wednesday, killing seven people, including three Americans, in an attack that shattered the peace in one of the few places where young Jews and Arabs still mixed freely.

More than 80 people were also wounded in the second bombing to hit Jerusalem in two days.

Media reports said two of the dead were Israelis and the others were foreign nationals. The injured included Jews and Arabs, but no overall breakdown was available.

A senior U.S. official said in Washington that three Americans were killed and four were among the wounded. U.S. officials did not release the names of the American casualties.

Hamas claimed responsibility for the bombing and said it was revenge for Israel's air raid last week on Gaza City that killed the organization's military chief, Salah Shehadeh, and 14 civilians, including nine children.

Israel has tried to end Palestinian attacks by sending troops to impose a curfew in most West Bank cities and towns for the past six weeks. After a lull, there's been an outbreak of shootings and bombings in the past week.

Israel's Security Cabinet, meeting after Wednesday's blast, decided Israel would retaliate within hours, Israel Radio said. The report could not be independently confirmed.

President Bush ( news - web sites) condemned the bombing "in the strongest possible terms," and said it was perpetrated by "killers who hate the thought of peace."

The lunchtime blast in the university's Frank Sinatra International Student Center struck a popular student hangout at a school that's been an island of tolerance throughout the nearly two years of Mideast fighting.

Alastair Goldrein, 19, from Liverpool, England, said the cafeteria was a gathering place for students of all backgrounds.

"I was on my way to lunch. There was a huge, huge explosion. Everything shook and then there was this deathly silence," said Goldrein, who has been taking courses in Jewish studies for the past year. "I ran in, there were people lying around wailing, covered in blood. Scenes that are indescribable, clothes and flesh torn apart."

The bag with the bomb was placed on a table in the center of the cafeteria, police said. "It was not a suicide bomber," said police spokeswoman Sigal Toledo. The blast brought down part of the ceiling and blew out windows.

See article at:[url]http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020731/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians_5891[/url]

Eric The(EvenMorePizzed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#44]
G----man still doesn't get it.  If Arik Sharon and most of the Likud party had their way, Israel would have taken the West Bank and Gaza years ago, thrown the Arabs out, and annexed the whole area.  It's their close association with us that's kept them from doing so.  Our government, and that includes the current one, keeps them on the leash. Why?  Because we're still kissing Saudi Arabia's ass for the oil.

Remember the oil embargo?  Bush does, and he, along with all the administrations that came before his were and are petrified of what the G-D damned Saudis would do if Israel went at it full force against these murderers.

You're wrong, G-----man.  American boys and girls won't have to die fighting the Palestinians;  but they might have to die taking the Saudi oil fields, so that American oil companies can keep making their big profits on Saudi oil,instead of making somewhat less on Russian and North Sea oil.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The force of the blast is determined by the quantity of the explosive. An average bomb — the kind strapped around a suicide terrorist's waist, covered by a shirt — would likely detonate at a rate of about 28,000 feet per second —
their bodies and organs riddled with the nails and screws and other sharp pieces of steel wrapped around the Semtex explosive.
View Quote

Luckily, most of the bombings aren't done with Semtex, which explodes with the velocities you quoted.  

They seem to mostly use some stuff called acetone peroxide, made from acetone, hydrogen peroxide, and sulphuric acid.  It detonates with a velocity of 17,400 feet/sec.

[url=http://www.waronline.org/en/terror/suicide.htm]Mechanics of a Living Bomb[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Volunteer with the IDF, earn 3 years tuition:
[URL]http://www.mahal2000.com/[/URL]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#47]
You all must have missed this one concerning our children going over to Israel because about 2 weeks ago an Oregon Army National Guard unit was deployed to Israel to work border patrol with Israel concerning one of the bordering countries.  Our troops are already over there, and it is not on some United Nations peace keeping trip. It is the real deal.

Personally I am all for Israel to take over the region militarily. I wish Israel would stop pussy footting around and get the job done. A good terrorist is a dead one, plain and simple.Arefat and all the rest of the palestinian people who are against Israel are terrorists and should be delt with swiftly. There all a bunch of gangster thugs that should be exterminated from the face of this earth. Period.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#48]
FOUR Americans now confirmed dead...

[url]http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59185,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:23:04 AM EDT
[#49]
FIVE Amerixans now confirmed dead!

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59185,00.html[/url]

But will the Bush Adminsitration do ANYTHING about it?

Eric The(ShockedAndSaddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You all must have missed this one concerning our children going over to Israel because about 2 weeks ago an Oregon Army National Guard unit was deployed to Israel to work border patrol with Israel concerning one of the bordering countries.  
View Quote

You're thinking of the Sinai peninsula, and we've been doing that for at least a couple of decades.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top