Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Because Terminator" hasn't been a compelling reason to watch one of these movies in a long, long time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know I wanted to watch it, cause Terminator, but the previews I've seen just look terrible.
"Because Terminator" hasn't been a compelling reason to watch one of these movies in a long, long time.
Terminator 3 inoculated me from Terminator fever for life in 2003.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The misandry is strong in Hollyweird, and then they project that it’s the MEN who are the ones with the problem.  Gotta love that projection.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's pretty funny they're trying to make it girl power by making the girl look like a boy.
View Quote
This.

I really don't understand it at all.  Sarah Connor was tough without being masculine or androgynous.  She was tough --and admirable-- in T1 and 2 because of her will to survive, not her physical strength.

now we have this bizarre man/woman/being that is androgynous, and having her thin lean long arms whoop ass is not very convincing.

Don't get me started on the Guatemalan Millennial Pedophile cast as the villain terminator.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL.  should have casted Summer Glau for it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As long as they're not trying to sell that chick in the middle as Joan Conner it could still be watchable.
View Quote
Joan realized herself and has transitioned.

The Terminator series was tapped out awhile ago.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They did one first in the 90's called Show Girls.  Dumb ass movie but there was some great tit shots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should remake Magic Mike with an all female cast instead.
They did one first in the 90's called Show Girls.  Dumb ass movie but there was some great tit shots.
Shut your mouth, Show Girls was a cinematic masterpiece.  I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In other words, if it flops it will confirm their confirmation bias and completely justify their worldview.

Men aren't afraid of strong female leads. Ellen Ripley was a perfect example of that. She was strong, tough, and still human without pushing the GURL POWER narrative at the expense of the male supporting cast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the fuck out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine,” Miller said.
In other words, if it flops it will confirm their confirmation bias and completely justify their worldview.

Men aren't afraid of strong female leads. Ellen Ripley was a perfect example of that. She was strong, tough, and still human without pushing the GURL POWER narrative at the expense of the male supporting cast.
Exactly on both points.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't care of you're trans, feminist or anything else. Dont make me accept your way and shove your agenda down my throat.

Don't start nothin wont be nothin!

I'm not going to bother with terminator after the last movie, that didnt include Politically correct bullshit.

James Cameron can suck a giant bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know I wanted to watch it, cause Terminator, but the previews I've seen just look terrible.
True
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Two of my all time favorite characters are Ripley and Sarah

I was actually interested in seeing this because it had the original sarah, but you know what?   I'm done, I'm not going to spend money watching this shit if they are going to pull this shit.   Fuck them, I know me not going won't matter, people will still go see it but fuck them.   Once again they have to go and ruin something that I love, they are going to take probably the coolest most badass female lead ever and are going to fuck it up.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#11]

the entire group of them do not look capable of fighting off a drunk creeper in a bar, much less fight hunter killer robots who are 10x stronger than a normal man.

old assed linda hamilton could not physically beat a 12 year old boy in a fight, much less tote around a combat load of ammo. its ironic that the movie is about the end of the world, and they are  pushing their bullshit agenda which ironically will actually bring about the end of the world far faster than artificial intelligence in robots ever will.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is the person in the middle supposed to be transgender? I am confused
View Quote
That may represent all the genders in one "being".
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Ironically, most shitting on this movie are HUGE fans of T2. T2 was one of the best films ever made, and Sarah Conner was (*was*) one of the best badasses in film history alongside Ellen Ripley. Yet none of those ‘internet misogynists’ are shitting on T2.

The difference is that T2 was awesome, and T2 Sarah Conner was a female that kicked fucking ass, but didn’t kick ass ‘because she’s a girl’. One is organic to the plot, one is pandering to the lowest common denominator of third wave feminists.

This movie will go down as a case study as to how two movies can be so similar, even down to the same franchise/plot structure/characters/actors, yet be polar opposites in quality.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Yet another movie I won't even be slightly tempted to go to the theater for, Hollyqwierd is saving me money and freeing up time for better things like shooting & reloading.
All those SJW virtue signalers can eat shit and die.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/uhW5BeK.gif

old assed linda hamilton could not physically beat a 12 year old boy in a fight, much less tote around a combat load of ammo.
View Quote
Now that you mention it, she's got all of three spare shotgun shells and no revolver reloads on her in the promo pic.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are they talking about? That's a dude in the middle, right?

The internet has been calling her the Androgynous-1000
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In camo body paint
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Next they can remake Predator with an all female cast.
In camo body paint
“If we bleed, we can kill it...”
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
so is that a dude or a lady in the wife beater?
View Quote
If you have to ask, does it really matter?
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Because when the shit gets real, and extremely dangerous murderous weaponized robots came for your ass. hell  bent on genocideing everyone the first thing you think of is calling in some 100lb women to handle the threat.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not their target demo, which is fine.  And have fun, because in a post apocalyptic world setting, muscle mass isn't important?

As to Linda Hamilton, they did an outstanding job of showing a strong female lead in a credible execution of the story.  In this version, I have every confidence they will Crounching Tiger Hidden Dragon level ignore things like relative mass and physics, and it will probably suck.  But maybe not - if it's a good story delivered in a credible manner worthy of Linda Hamilton, it could be great
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They did.  It was called "Coyote Ugly."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should remake Magic Mike with an all female cast instead.
They did.  It was called "Coyote Ugly."
Huh, you’re right
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No two movies are better proof that white dudes are fine with woman as leading characters in action movies than Terminator 1 and 2. How many millions of times as the photo of Sarah Connors cleaning a rifle been posted here? But an all girl cast? What next, a Terminator in a cartoon rabbit's body?

Is the movie set in South America? Seems like an all hispanic cast outside of two of the main characters
View Quote
I'll say it again, Sarah Connor and Ripley are probably the best female heros ever and two of my absolute favorite characters, but only in the first two movies of their respective franchises

These are two badass awesome women characters

This is not

Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Who ever complained about her as a Terminator either? I think everyone here liked her in the TV series.
View Quote
I know I liked her.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#27]
The CG should scare the fuck out of the producers.

Looked like PS3 cut scenes.

Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ironically, most shitting on this movie are HUGE fans of T2. T2 was one of the best films ever made, and Sarah Conner was (*was*) one of the best badasses in film history alongside Ellen Ripley.

The difference is that T2 was awesome, and T2 Sarah Conner was a female that kicked fucking ass, but didn’t kick ass ‘because she’s a gir’l. One is organic to the plot, one is pandering to the lowest common denominator of third wave feminists.

This movie will go down as a case study as to how two movies can be so similar, even down to the same franchise/plot structure/characters/actors, yet be polar opposites in quality.
View Quote
sarah conner kicked ass in SPITE of being a woman.. not because she was a woman. Pretending women can do everything better than men, even fight wars where endurance, and brute physical strength rule the day is beyond retarded. I think woman can do almost anything they want to do, if they want it bad enough, and they can do MOST things as well as a man if they really try. However they will never be able to do everything as well as a man, and its stupid to pretend otherwise. IMHO it just gives them a false sense of whats real, like the high school female who demanded to be able to quarter back a high school male football team. She fought the school in court for the ability to play, and the schools man reason for fighting against her playing was they feared she would be physically hurt playing with boys. she won the right to play after a court fight.

a few months later she was all busted up physically, with permanent life long injuries... and was suing the school because.... they didnt fully explain how dangerous it was for a female to be playing high school football with males was.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#30]
...aaaaaaand i just lost interest.

You just had to open your mouth, didn't you?

Guess I'll go be a misogynistic troll now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#31]
lol good luck with your box office flop.

Also, there are 3 women in that photo? The one in the middle is definitely a dude, and the one on the right is just William h Macy in sunglasses
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Who ever complained about her as a Terminator either? I think everyone here liked her in the TV series.
View Quote
There were some complaints about her size, about how a robot little girl is no more a match against a large robot dude than their flesh and blood counterparts, which is fair.  But Summer Glau played the part well with a disturbing lack of emotion and, since Glau was a skilled ballet (and several other forms) dancer for many years, a machine-like precision and speed of movement.  Also she was an attractive woman dressed and made up as an attractive woman and she and the writers didn't try to make men feel like shit for appreciating her looks, so she's cool with me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#35]
LOL.

OK, I'll try very hard not to let a bunch of girls with highschool educations who dress-up and pretend they're tough for a living "scare the fuck" out of me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#36]
My .02...Plant the seed now to explain away poor box office performance...
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Tell ya how this will go down....

It will fucking tank and its all WHITE MENS FAULT!

TRUMP DID THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Neither, it is ‘gender neutral’...
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Dear lord.

Terminator Genysis already killed the franchise.

We also already had a strong female in Sara Connor and a female terminator.

The only reason to have an all female? (Not sure about Beiber boy in the wifebeater) caste is to virtue signal against an imagined patriarchy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The CG should scare the fuck out of the producers.
Looked like PS3 cut scenes.
View Quote
It’s a cyborg, sent from the future to kill you.
AND IT’S THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It’s a cyborg, sent from the future to kill you.
AND IT’S THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING!
View Quote
I'm a huge Terminator fan, but the new movie looks like dookie.

I won't be seeing it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There were some complaints about her size, about how a robot little girl is no more a match against a large robot dude than their flesh and blood counterparts, which is fair.  But Summer Glau played the part well with a disturbing lack of emotion and, since Glau was a skilled ballet (and several other forms) dancer for many years, a machine-like precision and speed of movement.  Also she was an attractive woman dressed and made up as an attractive woman and she and the writers didn't try to make men feel like shit for appreciating her looks, so she's cool with me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Summer Glau was a good Terminator because she has absolutely zero acting ability or charisma. (I liked the Sarah Connor Chronicles).

As for this movie... ugh. This looks bad. And I **liked** Terminator Salvation and moreso, Genesys.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File

It's all so confusing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Tim Miller Says ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Will ‘Scare the F*ck’ Out of Misogynistic Internet Trolls

https://i.redd.it/u2kfpl7cntz21.jpg

Major movie franchises such as “Ghostbusters” and “Star Wars” have been targeted by misogynistic internet trolls in recent years for prominently featuring female characters in leading roles.
View Quote
James Cameron’s “Terminator” franchise has long been dominated by one of cinema’s greatest female characters, Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton), and the upcoming reboot “Terminator: Dark Fate” triples down on leading women by casting Hamilton opposite Mackenzie Davis and Natalia Reyes.
View Quote
“If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the fuck out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine,” Miller said.
View Quote
“We did not trade certain gender traits for others; she’s just very strong, and that frightens some dudes. You can see online the responses to some of the early shit that’s out there, trolls on the internet. I don’t give a fuck.”
View Quote
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/tim-miller-terminator-dark-fate-scares-internet-trolls-1202156922/
View Quote
I’ve read all the leaks. It is TERRIBLE! James Cameron sank the entire franchise.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They know the film is in trouble. They’re already building their case about how it’s not their fault when it bombs.
View Quote
They’ll claim sexism. The whole movie is a girl power movie. There’s even a scene where one of the characters says “Who needs men?” You’ve been warned. Run, Forrest, fucking run!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Remember in the 80s and 90s, when nobody gave a shit about strong female leads like the actress who played Sarah Connor, or Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in Alien....

Because they weren't over the top ridiculous and salted with man-hating bullshit like all the modern feminist garbage?

Ripley was tough, and the corporate stooge was a weasel, but most of the marines were badasses too.....

It's only an issue in the modern day when feminists just can't help but make it all about them......
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#47]
More like “Terminator: Blood Fart”
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles - fight with woman terminator
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Just another case of women wanting so badly to be men. And they're not.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had to google it but that's a girl.
Page / 7
Top Top