BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If you're traveling a lot, you're going to be a slave to crazy wireless fees at airports, airlines and hotels unless you get a tablet with 3G/4G cellular, and they're usually much more expensive.

I'm partial to the Kindle Fire, and with the older model at $159, that's a pretty hard deal to beat.  Email, browsing, games, books, video - enough to keep me amused, but, then again, I'm a cheap date.

this. fuck the cia's " /thread" don't drink the apple kool-aid!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ipads are generally the best because they have a picture of an apple on them.

yeah, and it lights up! the indigenous population of my neighborhood think i'm a god!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There have been several tablet threads lately.

Seems the Nexus 7 is the highest recommended of non-iPad people and the best overall value.

Yet no one has explained why the Nexus 7 is so awesome other then it Has Google apps. My wife wants to get me a Kindle fire HD as she is a big amazon fan, and I just surf the web and want it for movies and travel. what would I miss if I got a Kindle vs. a Nexus??

In details please.

The Nexus 7, being a flagship Google device, will get updates right out the gate - potentially 6 months ahead of other devices

The Kindle Fire's default browser runs everything you visit through Amazon's servers.

The Kindle Fire doesn't have access to Google Play.

It *does* give you access to Amazon's lending library though, I think.

Let's not forget it does have targeted advertisements displayed to you on it based on  your usage and activity.  That was the main deal killer for me.

Only if you choose to use the services that have those.  I have no adds in the gmail client.  I can use other mail services if desired.   You give them as little info as you desire.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top