Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As a general rule, when the cops say one thing and then do something which makes me question what they said (in this case, arresting the teens and then dropping charges) I'm inclined to think "wow, the cops fucked that one up, somehow."

ETA: I'm also inclined to feel the same way when a group of folks say "mah bebe didn't do nuffin" and the actors are later tried and found guilty of the "nuffin" they "didn't do."

It's a two way street.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isolated incident.  Oh, by the way, pick up that can.

Made it home safe, blah blah blah.  Christ, how low do our standards of fairness and just behavior have to sink before we wake up as a society?

The fact they were waiting for a bus is irrevelant.

If they were blocking a sidewalk and wouldn't move then its a good arrest.

As a general rule, when the cops say one thing and then do something which makes me question what they said (in this case, arresting the teens and then dropping charges) I'm inclined to think "wow, the cops fucked that one up, somehow."

ETA: I'm also inclined to feel the same way when a group of folks say "mah bebe didn't do nuffin" and the actors are later tried and found guilty of the "nuffin" they "didn't do."

It's a two way street.

The cops didn't drop the charges.   The elected District Attorney did.

It makes me think that instead of "the cops fucked up"  it's more a case of a spineless DA who is buckling under political pressure.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was 18 I was threatened with arrest for stepping forward as a witness after a kid got hit by a geriatric driving a church van.

Having seen it firsthand, I tend to believe the kids' story.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It makes me think that instead of "the cops fucked up"  it's more a case of a spineless DA who is buckling under political pressure.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isolated incident.  Oh, by the way, pick up that can.

Made it home safe, blah blah blah.  Christ, how low do our standards of fairness and just behavior have to sink before we wake up as a society?

The fact they were waiting for a bus is irrevelant.

If they were blocking a sidewalk and wouldn't move then its a good arrest.

It's a two way street.

Yup. Dis Con charges get dropped all the time. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Doesn't mean the charge wasn't appropriate at the time. Does mean the DA for whatever reason doesn't want to deal with it and instead gets rid of it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Side 2 of story.

Group of teens waiting for a bus on a sidewalk.  The decide to position themselves in such a manner as to block the entrance to a local shop.  The do not move when the proprietor asks them too.  He calls the police.  An office arrives and ask them to move.  They do not.  He calls for a Sgt. and they still don't move.  He calls an Lt. to the scene.  They still refused to move.  So it was decided that since they had had ample opportunity to comply with the officers request and refused to do so they were arrested.  

They are also players for a high school basketball team so they are exempt form any legal repercussions for their actions.  The DA decides to drop the charges.  The original police officer on the scene is Hispanic and it was difficult for the libs to call him racist.  The DA sided with the FSA and decided that since they were obviously the target of racial profiling and good basketball players they could not possible be guilty of doing anything wrong.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Side 2 of story.

Group of teens waiting for a bus on a sidewalk.  The decide to position themselves in such a manner as to block the entrance to a local shop.  The do not move when the proprietor asks them too.  He calls the police.  An office arrives and ask them to move.  They do not.  He calls for a Sgt. and they still don't move.  He calls an Lt. to the scene.  They still refused to move.  So it was decided that since they had had ample opportunity to comply with the officers request and refused to do so they were arrested.  

They are also players for a high school basketball team so they are exempt form any legal repercussions for their actions.  The DA decides to drop the charges.  The original police officer on the scene is Hispanic and it was difficult for the libs to call him racist.  The DA sided with the FSA and decided that since they were obviously the target of racial profiling and good basketball players they could not possible be guilty of doing anything wrong.  

View Quote

Interested to see FedGeeks response
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top