Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be riding by there Friday morning on the way to WV.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does that Truck Driver get drug tested automatically too?
View Quote

Drug tested automatically? You betcha
They will be going over his log book with a very fine tooth comb.
DOT will be going over the truck with same comb.
Driver will probably lose his job and license is on the hook.
Companys ins will probably be dropping them after they pay for this fiasco.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So it was obviously the truck driver's fault?
View Quote

Since it's a commercial vehicle, Pretty much how they look at it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
And the trucker was supposed to take the outerbelt around the city since he's carrying HC, but he ignored it...so i guess it's extra fines for him
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]
trucking company is losing money on that load.

The taxpayers may get a free overpass.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I got stuck for a bit on 71 today because a truck rolled over.  Looked like it was on fire.  Then there was a single car accident on 750.  Interesting day on the road.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the news reported ODOT already has a plan to reopen all lanes 70 WB and use that roadway for 2 lanes WB and 2 lanes EB while the whole EB bridge is repaired.  Will  suck but better than a total closure.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

One of the news reported ODOT already has a plan to reopen all lanes 70 WB and use that roadway for 2 lanes WB and 2 lanes EB while the whole EB bridge is repaired.  Will  suck but better than a total closure.
View Quote
they're building the temporary road as we speak, it'll be opened by this Friday - they're working 24/7

live view

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Company and insurance is on the hook for the bridge costs.

So they're going to build a new bridge asap, as they'll get fined daily for the bridge being damaged and the traffic back ups.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Kind of makes me curious what that overpass will cost to replace.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

My company hauls hazmat, we are licensed and have the equipment to haul ethanol but I don't. We haul alot of gasoline and diesel however, along with mostly lubricants and some anti freeze.

We are also the first team hazmat responders to a large area of NE Ohio for tanker roll overs.

The last one we responded to was at i680 & 711 by pass in Youngstown, a sharp curve roll over. It took out 3 light poles and shut down i680 for about 7 hours. They lost 4500ish gallons of gasoline. We were able to evacuate the rest out.

My bill to the company, just for evacuation, consultant and storage fees was $60,000 ish dollars.

The gas they lost did get in the sewer system and detonated 3 houses in down town Youngstown, along with causing a few blocks of evacuation. Plus the road damage and clean up. I believe, their over all bill was 1.3-1.5 million.

Depending on self insured or what company they use (only 4 major hazmat insurance companies. We rotate yearly), they'll max out their insurance at 10-12 million. Which, will ironically probably be the fines + repair cost bid according to the state.

It all depends on what sort of daily fines the company gets hit with. The bridge will certainly cost 5-8 million to repair. If not more.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My company hauls hazmat, we are licensed and have the equipment to haul ethanol but I don't. We haul alot of gasoline and diesel however, along with mostly lubricants and some anti freeze.

We are also the first team hazmat responders to a large area of NE Ohio for tanker roll overs.

The last one we responded to was at i680 & 711 by pass in Youngstown, a sharp curve roll over. It took out 3 light poles and shut down i680 for about 7 hours. They lost 4500ish gallons of gasoline. We were able to evacuate the rest out.

My bill to the company, just for evacuation, consultant and storage fees was $60,000 ish dollars.

The gas they lost did get in the sewer system and detonated 3 houses in down town Youngstown, along with causing a few blocks of evacuation. Plus the road damage and clean up. I believe, their over all bill was 1.3-1.5 million.

Depending on self insured or what company they use (only 4 major hazmat insurance companies. We rotate yearly), they'll max out their insurance at 10-12 million. Which, will ironically probably be the fines + repair cost bid according to the state.

It all depends on what sort of daily fines the company gets hit with. The bridge will certainly cost 5-8 million to repair. If not more.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

so you accept AmEx?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

so you accept AmEx?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so you accept AmEx?

Ironically they did pay us with an American express card.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#18]
0/10 overcooked. Bad dinner
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Flammable but not really Hazardous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the trucker was supposed to take the outerbelt around the city since he's carrying HC, but he ignored it...so i guess it's extra fines for him

Flammable but not really Hazardous.

Flammable is pretty damn hazardous.

Pretty sure that if it's placarded, it's supposed to stay on the HC routes unless they have a local delivery.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#20]
My buddy does insurance work for propane trucks. That's going to cost their company big time.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i was afraid of that, it's going to be a PITA detour, i wonder if that trucking company will have to pay for a new bridge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That bridge is toast.
Commuters in that area are about to get bent over.

i was afraid of that, it's going to be a PITA detour, i wonder if that trucking company will have to pay for a new bridge?

Their insurance company will.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:49:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ethanol can't melt steel beams

View Quote
Paging Rosy O'Donnell.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You work for Lyden?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Hoax.

Fuel cant burn steel, dood.

I heard it on the internet and shit. That looks 'chopped

And billed for clean up cost? You mean bridge demo and rebuild? LOL. Hope that company has rad insurance. They're gonna need it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Trucks roll over all the time on that ramp to 270 North off of I-70.  Rapid slow down to a 25 mph curve that really is 25 mph or you go over.

I bet at least 5 to 6 rollovers there per year.
View Quote

I used to live in Columbus .
If anybody is to be fined it should be the state for building a ramp that has obvious issues. These guys drive for a living , that ramp must provide some unexpected rollover opportunities
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck ethanol - most hypocrite fuel ever
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If anybody is to be fined it should be the state for building a ramp that has obvious issues. These guys drive for a living , that ramp must provide some unexpected rollover opportunities
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trucks roll over all the time on that ramp to 270 North off of I-70.  Rapid slow down to a 25 mph curve that really is 25 mph or you go over.

I bet at least 5 to 6 rollovers there per year.

Actually, it was one of the new ramps (from I70WB to I270SB).  Not nearly the tight turn that the one you're thinking about is.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top