User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a sales guy tell me the sound of racking a shotgun is a universal language in scaring off intruders.

heck that was our test. an honest man in a gunstore wouldn't even look at the sound, a dirtbag that deserved to be followed around the store always snapped their neck.

I've got news for you. If I don't know the people in the store, I turn and look, too.

Quoted:
I was in a gunshop in anchorage recently and a guy was looking for a ccw.  The clerk explained to him that you should never buy an expensive gun for a ccw because if you ever use it the police keeps it for at least 20 years post crime.  The guy was looking at a nice sig and i think the gunshop moron had him down to a rossi revolver or kahr pistol before i walked away.  

Sadly the guy buying the gun agreed with all of this and felt its best when your life is on the line to buy the cheapest gun possible.  For me, my life is worth more then any gun is worth, therefore i buy quality no matter.

Not twenty years, but we had a guy who pulled an Ed Brown on a dirtbag in a road rage incident. No shots were fired. The dirtbag ran off to call the sheriff and cry, so they arrested our customer. It took him almost two years to get his gun back.

I used to be in love with high end carry guns, but after that and a couple of other incidents, I decided that one of the important attributes of a ccw is affordability.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in staff meeting today talking about our coming range and the limited ammo due to the end of the fysical year coming up.  S-4 CPT and BPA asked me if we could shoot the stockpile of .40 he has.  I thought he was joking but he insisted on knowing why he couldn't shoot .40 out of a M9.

Just reinforces that just because someone is in the military, police or other government agency that uses firearms doesn't mean they know what the fuck they are talking about.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am in staff meeting today talking about our coming range and the limited ammo due to the end of the fysical year coming up.  S-4 CPT and BPA asked me if we could shoot the stockpile of .40 he has.  I thought he was joking but he insisted on knowing why he couldn't shoot .40 out of a M9.

Just reinforces that just because someone is in the military, police,posts on arfcom or other government agency that uses firearms doesn't mean they know what the fuck they are talking about.

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Customer came in with his wife, they were looking for a concealed carry pistol for her. Guy was a real jerk, told me women, all women not just his wife, could not handle anything bigger than a .38. Oooookay. He then told me that women weren't capable of handling a semi-auto, it is to complicated for them. (At this point I am thinking who let Archie Bunker outta the house).

He then tells me what she really needs is a .22 derringer. Two shots are all you will ever need. Now I decide it is time to mess with this assjack, so I ask him what if you are attacked by more than two people? Well, yeah, that could happen, but two shots is all you need..... (WTF? Archie doesn't understand math or logic, or most likely both).

He then asks about any local CCL classes for his wife. A good class where the instructor will scare his wife and put fear into her. That is the only way she will be prepared to CCL.... Yes I am sure the instructor wants a scared, nervous woman on the range trying to qualify with a .22 derringer. Dumbass

He and his wife left, she never said a word the entire time. They never came back, and I felt kind of sorry for the wife. If I was the wife married to that bastard, I would have caved his skull in with a frying pan lonng long time ago.

WOW.....My wife shoots 230grn .45acp just fine....
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I was at a gunstore this spring watching 3 men staring and fiddling with one of the FDE glocks that had just come out..One was a customer wanting to see the inside of the pistol.  The other 2 were store employees that had no clue how to take a Glock apart.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got yelled at by an old guy that Russia never made Mauser rifles, and even if they did,
he'd never seen/heard of one and didn't wanna bother ordering one.

We were trying to order a friends first Nagant

Well, unless you consider refurbishing and storing thousands of Mausers they picked up off the battle field, or captured on the Eastern front 'making' them, he was right.  A Mosin Nagant is not a Mauser.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Customer came in with his wife, they were looking for a concealed carry pistol for her. Guy was a real jerk, told me women, all women not just his wife, could not handle anything bigger than a .38. Oooookay. He then told me that women weren't capable of handling a semi-auto, it is to complicated for them. (At this point I am thinking who let Archie Bunker outta the house).

He then tells me what she really needs is a .22 derringer. Two shots are all you will ever need. Now I decide it is time to mess with this assjack, so I ask him what if you are attacked by more than two people? Well, yeah, that could happen, but two shots is all you need..... (WTF? Archie doesn't understand math or logic, or most likely both).

He then asks about any local CCL classes for his wife. A good class where the instructor will scare his wife and put fear into her. That is the only way she will be prepared to CCL.... Yes I am sure the instructor wants a scared, nervous woman on the range trying to qualify with a .22 derringer. Dumbass

He and his wife left, she never said a word the entire time. They never came back, and I felt kind of sorry for the wife. If I was the wife married to that bastard, I would have caved his skull in with a frying pan lonng long time ago.

WOW.....My wife shoots 230grn .45acp just fine....

My wife LOVES my .45 XD with 230gr...
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Had a guy at the range tell me, unbidden, that all my silenced and SBRed weapons are illegal. Then proceeded to point to my suppressed Walther P-22 and say "But I used this exact same set-up in 'nam when I worked for The Phoenix Project as part of Shadow Company"
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#9]
1) Was told by an older gentleman at a gun shop that the 16 gauge shotgun was created by using a 20 gauge load in a 12 gauge shell Guy got mad when I asked about physical size difference.

2) Was also told by gun shop where above occured that 16 gauge ammo was discontinued because the pressures in 16 gauge ammo was too dangerous hence no one made them anymore,

The scariest was a customer in a gun shop telling me I should buy 777 instead of goex because 777 can be used for reloading modern shotgun ammo as well.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at Gander Mountain earlier in the week and heard one of the countermen bragging to another about his rifle with which he routinely shoots 6" groups at 1000 yards.

The rifle?

A Garand.

The other gun counter guy was eating that bullshit up.

I know it sounds impossible to believe but it is 100% true.

Very possible with those fucktards off Northlake.

Yup; Northlake off of 95, the Sandtree Lane store.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Many years ago, when I was stationed at Offutt AFB, the Air
Force allowed each base to hold a rifle and/or a pistol competition once each
year.  This particular year Offutt
decided to hold both the pistol and rifle competition over one weekend; the
M-16 competition was on Saturday and the M-15 .38 Special on Sunday (this was
pre-M-9).

We had to attend in uniform; the stated purpose of the event
was to demonstrate the member’s proficiency with either weapon.  Prior to going to the range each day, we had
to attend the standard safety/weapon familiarization class.

On Saturday we got to the range and I took position 1 on the
far left of the range. We were given 5
rounds to sight in the rifle; these had to be loaded singly and fired from the
prone position.  After that we were given
another 5 rounds to ensure the rifle was sighted in properly; these were to be
shot from a magazine holding the 5 rounds, again from the prone.  Following each "course of fire” we had to set
the rifle down, stand up and move behind the safety line.  After firing my rifle with the second 5
rounds from the magazine I set the rifle down, stood up and moved back.  The guy on my right was still firing so out
of boredom I was watching him. He seemed
to be having problems and soon raised his right hand, the signal to the range
officer that he was having a problem.  

The range officer came over and the guy told the RO that the
rifle wouldn’t fire; the RO and I noticed at about the same time that there
were 3 empties and 2 live rounds on the ground: the shooter didn’t understand
the operation of the M-16.  On the second
5 rounds from the magazine he operated the rifle the same way he did when
firing the first 5; shoot, retract the bolt, insert a round, release the bolt
and shoot again.  When he fired the
rounds from the magazine he shot, retracted the bolt, shot again until he was
out of ammo at the 3 round count!

On Sunday I was walking from the classroom to the range
behind two aircrew (they were wearing bags), one asked his buddy "tell me
again, what’s this about single action and double action”.  I made sure to take a position as far away
from them as possible.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yesterday me and my cousin were at the local academy (cousin decided he wanted to buy a 10/22)

I'm waiting beside my cousin for the paperwork to go through and I notice some juice head (maybe 22 and looked like he never handled a rifle) with his pregnant wife beside him fondling an AR (couldn't tell what kind) and I hear the counter guy (probably like 19) telling him how that brand is one of the best around and I assume it's a Colt.

I walk over to get a closer look and see that it's a fuckin red jacket firearms.

He asks the price on it and the counter guy says "only 1200" out of shock (at this point I'm standing 10 feet away from them) I say ou loud "HOLY SHIT!!!" laugh and walk off.

Sounds a lot like corpus.   I was there around 8:30ish.  Heard pretty much the same shit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I went to Target World (Cincinnati area) in 2005 with a buddy (we were both in the Guard at the time) so he could look at AR 15s.

Counter guy tells us he carries an SVD (while he's holding one or a clone of one) in his trunk with 10,000 rounds at all times, "just in case". Riiiight, hero.

This is after asking about AR 15s.

Neckbearded basement dweller guy then proceeds to whip out a semi AK and demonstrate his amazing field stripping capabilities, as if we cared, or had never seen an AK before.

I asked to look at an XD 45 and got a sermon on why the PX4 is a piece of shit. I'm surprised he didn't try to sell me a Glock, honestly.

They are a big shop with so-so customer service. They just have had some real gomers and outright assholes working there.

Please tell me it was the really fat guy with the beard down to his belly button (in 05 it would probably have only been at his man tits)

Every fucking time i go in there that fat turd is trying to sell some 90# woman that's never held a gun before the lightest jframe they have in stock.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at Gander Mountain earlier in the week and heard one of the countermen bragging to another about his rifle with which he routinely shoots 6" groups at 1000 yards.

The rifle?

A Garand.

The other gun counter guy was eating that bullshit up.

I know it sounds impossible to believe but it is 100% true.

Very possible with those fucktards off Northlake.

Yup; Northlake off of 95, the Sandtree Lane store.

Those guys in there have pissed me off more than once...
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a sales guy tell me the sound of racking a shotgun is a universal language in scaring off intruders.

That's said in most gun shops every day.

heck that was our test. an honest man in a gunstore wouldn't even look at the sound, a dirtbag that deserved to be followed around the store always snapped their neck.

That makes no sense.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I went to Target World (Cincinnati area) in 2005 with a buddy (we were both in the Guard at the time) so he could look at AR 15s.

Counter guy tells us he carries an SVD (while he's holding one or a clone of one) in his trunk with 10,000 rounds at all times, "just in case". Riiiight, hero.
This is after asking about AR 15s.
Neckbearded basement dweller guy then proceeds to whip out a semi AK and demonstrate his amazing field stripping capabilities, as if we cared, or had never seen an AK before.

I asked to look at an XD 45 and got a sermon on why the PX4 is a piece of shit. I'm surprised he didn't try to sell me a Glock, honestly.

They are a big shop with so-so customer service. They just have had some real gomers and outright assholes working there.

The old dude who works there is pretty knowledgeable and owns many NFA toys.  If he isn't there, I turn around and walk out.  If he is there, I'll wait for him.

The rest of the staff there probably should be in a home and not working anywhere they can give advice to the general public.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#17]
My LGS finally hired a fat basement dweller to work the AR-15 counter. This is a guy with zero practical experience with firearms outside of blasting away at a public range. The advice he has given to customers comes straight from the interwebz. I swear, I have read some of his talking points on this forum.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top