Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Are people taking their kids to this?

Or is this one of those cases where after the pepper spray, tear gas and hickory shampoo are dispensed, folks point out the stupidity of the man taking children to a gun rally?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.

Any one want to meet in Annapolis?  Kick me an IM
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 1:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
There are 16,000 people on this site right now and only one other person is going ? You people are pathetic !!!

Even the NRA says that these are a waste of time...and I'm in California.  I'm not driving 16 hours to show up with twelve other guys, for a useless demonstration that's likely to have a larger counter-demonstration.

I tried to get this going in the California HTF, and on Calguns, as well.  Interest is not quite zero, but you could hit zero with a thrown rock.  I won't waste my time if others can't be bothered.

I freely admit I'm not a leader.  I'll support it if I thought it was going to be worthwhile, but I'm a basement-dweller-looking-thing, and not a good representative of our culture.

December 23, 1776

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country;...

I see your already giving up...

Yeah.  I'm a surrender-monkey. Tell you what, Mr. Historical Quote: That quote was made after the battles of Lexington and Concorde.  Let a battle be fought--and not some useless gesture that the MSM will use to make us look even worse than we already do--and see where I stand before you challenge my adherence to the Constitution.

You have made it quite clear your adherence to the Constitution!  

You're exactly right.  I got 20 years of service, five shiny rows of medals, and lost the ends of three of my fingers to show my service to the Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:34:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Me and my wife are going to both.  Me and a lot of the people I know believe that his should be an event similar to the Tea Party marches where most people had some sort of long rifle slung on their back. I'm personally going carry my EDC weapon like always but I'm going to have my rifle slung on my back with an empty (windowed) P-mag and a chamber flag for good measure.  I think everyone should have a slung long rifle with an empty "high cap mag"(if your allowed to in your state). It worked well for the Tea Party, the media noticed and reported on it, plus its what they are focusing on banning. They need to know we won’t give them something small or large to save the overall amendment like in 94. We won’t give an inch not magazines, weapon types or furniture, nothing.

The two dates are far enough apart to go to both. But I am worried that the protests aren't soon enough. Legislation is being pushed through right now.
This needs to be spread around to everyone you know, it needs to be huge.

By the way I think business casual would help.  Real Tree and torn jeans help push their depiction of all of us.  I'll be in a tie.  I also order two flags from Gadsden and culpeper and I think I'm going to bring a flag I recieved from my Congressman that was flown over the U.S. Capital, it sems fitting.

Tea Party Rally

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am heading for Columbus this Saturday. Even if I am the only one. About a three or so hour drive for me.

Same here.  I will have two others with me.  

Get going people!!

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going.  But this rally thing seems so unorganized. I really hope these are large turnouts, otherwise we''ll look like idiots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:45:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going.  But this rally thing seems so unorganized. I really hope these are large turnouts, otherwise we''ll look like idiots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Going to Albany....whatever good that'll do.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Whole pile of us headed to Austin Saturday. 3 hour drive for me.
Can't wait to see the hippies.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Dupe. Sorry
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm freaking foing
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#13]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep this thread at the top!!! Louisiana here again. Are the rest of u red bloods in my state going to lay silent!!!!????!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think that's the problem. The offical march was next month, Saturday was suppose to be the day everyone went to the range or gunshop. It's mutated since the king as threatened us with emperior decrees the past 2 weeks
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Bump for Virginia

Is there anything set for here? I haven't heard.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Same question on Virginia.  Where?  When?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Going.

As per State law... I'll have my EDC on me as well.

ETA: We have over 500 people that either will, or may, attend.

Personally, I don't care if I'm the only one standing out there. I'm still going.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

...Tell you what, Mr. Historical Quote: That quote was made after the battles of Lexington and Concorde.  Let a battle be fought--and not some useless gesture that the MSM will use to make us look even worse than we already do--and see where I stand before you challenge my adherence to the Constitution.

You think the only battles that count are the ones where you stand in nice neat lines, advance slowly and take potshots at each other? How about the battles fought with the microphone, the leaflet, the crowds rallied on a street corner? How about all the battles you've already lost without your opponents ever needing to fire a shot?

Heck yeah I'll be brave! Braver than a tiger! Braver than six o' them! Just... err... maybe some other time

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This Saturday seems to be the biggest 2nd Amendment rally on the State Capitals that I have seen so far,so who's foing ?

If not now when ? When your state gets as bad as New York and then it's to late ?

I'M GOING, ARE YOU ?

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx323/progun1911/825561_02_2nd_amendment_rally_in_montgom_640.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/

Great!! The Florida event is 3 miles from my house! 4 minutes away.
ETA:

Florida Second Amendment Rally

Address: 6436 Broad Street, Brooksville, FL 34601

When: January 19, 2013

Time: Noon till 3p.m.

Cool.  I thought it would be in Tallahassee, which would be tough for me that day.  Hopefully, at the very least, all those people who flock to the Hernando Machine Gun Shoot will be there.  Imagine if it looked like the last Tampa Gun Show.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We don't cotton to this shit in KY. No worries here, our state constitution elevates gun rights above breathing and reproduction. Just waiting for something like Wyoming to combat Federal Legislation the best it can.

So you will be there with me?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#23]
We have 400+ just in FB groups attending in WI.

That doesn't include the many WI HTF members like me who don't use FB.

If you're in WI time to report for your civic duty.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Or is this one of those cases where after the pepper spray, tear gas and hickory shampoo are dispensed, folks point out the stupidity of the man taking children to a gun rally?

I'm taking my 2.5 year old boy. I couldn't go if I didn't.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
time to report for your civic duty.

Civic duty is right. Come on, people.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Hi guys, just registered here after lurking for several weeks. I plan on being in Augusta, Maine. Hopefully there will be a good turn out of people.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 16,000 people on this site right now and only one other person is going ? You people are pathetic !!!

Even the NRA says that these are a waste of time...and I'm in California.  I'm not driving 16 hours to show up with twelve other guys, for a useless demonstration that's likely to have a larger counter-demonstration.

I tried to get this going in the California HTF, and on Calguns, as well.  Interest is not quite zero, but you could hit zero with a thrown rock.  I won't waste my time if others can't be bothered.

I freely admit I'm not a leader.  I'll support it if I thought it was going to be worthwhile, but I'm a basement-dweller-looking-thing, and not a good representative of our culture.

December 23, 1776

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country;...

Yeah.  I'm a surrender-monkey. Tell you what, Mr. Historical Quote: That quote was made after the battles of Lexington and Concorde.  Let a battle be fought--and not some useless gesture that the MSM will use to make us look even worse than we already do--and see where I stand before you challenge my adherence to the Constitution.

You're exactly right.  I got 20 years of service, five shiny rows of medals, and lost the ends of three of my fingers to show my service to the Constitution.

I find it quite  odd that your about the only one here making excusses for NOT going... You get those "shiney rows of medals" for polishing the CO's ass?

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#29]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

December 23, 1776

I find it quite  odd that your about the only one here making excusses for NOT going... You get those "shiney rows of medals" for polishing the CO's ass?  

FUCK-ALL, GUYS!!  Have we experienced a sudden shortage of fucking gun-grabbing assholes to fight with so we've got to rip at each other?!?  You've voiced your opinions.  Done.  Now maybe save the vitriol for - I don't know - the shitheads waiting for the opportunity to put us and our kids against a wall.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#31]
protesting for gun rights in gun free zones. makes a lot of sense. i'll be there!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#32]
See you in Brooksville on Saturday.  I'll be wearing my BFL hat (and a black, very pro-2nd Amendment T-shirt) if anyone is interested

I want them to know exactly what kind of gun owner I am.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Bad timing.  Making my years worth of sausage this weekend (we will probably smoke around 1500lbs of sausage).  It is an important gathering where I get to see what the other men in the community are thinking.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If they want to dance in the blood of children, you may as well make them do it in public.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#35]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm foing.  See y'all in Austin!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I confused. Is it on the 19th or Feb 8th? I heard both
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I believe there are two different events planned.  There is a nationwide march on state capitols happening this Saturday, starting at noon local.  Don't know about the February 8th one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#39]
PA is on the 23rd. Good luck FL.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I don't know about your state, but here in Florida the law respects gun owners who respect the law.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll be at the one in Raleigh
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm going to Austin.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Utah checking in.  I even received an email just minutes ago from a neighbor, asking me to fo.  He's a good guy in law enforcement and in his email he mentioned his vow to defend the Constitution.  I feel a duty to back him up and go with him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
PA is on the 23rd. Good luck FL.

The rally for PA is this Saturday like the rest of the country.
https://www.facebook.com/GunControlmoreCrimePennsylvania

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know about your state, but here in Florida the law respects gun owners who respect the law.

I'm not an experienced demonstrator but I have seen how little it takes for a demonstration to go south when some outsiders put some energy into it.

Far fetched for it to happen here I imagine.

As far as Florida, well, I agree, it's better than KS in most every way.      Our hurricanes are smaller though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll go to D.C. if I can. Anyone else gonna be there?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#47]
btt
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#48]
We're foing, I may even bring my fo rooster Bocephus, he'll let 'em know wtf time it is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We're foing, I may even bring my fo rooster Bocephus, he'll let 'em know wtf time it is.

Sorry dude from what I have read on the flyers from different states, no pets and no alcohol.
Bump
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#50]
I might go, a weekend in Austin is fun every now and again.
Page / 10
Top Top