User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
At least it wasn't a dead whale.

Oh no! Not the whale again. Now I must watch that video  again...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

"School authorities noted that there were two distinct groups of children:  those who were upset by a stuffed pony being blown up and a second group who 'thought it was awesome and wanted the bomb squad to blow up some other stuff too'.

That playground is going to be littered with abandoned toys tomorrow morning.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It really is time to start defunding PDs when they start thinking everything is a bomb.

Oh you can't do that!

The police need their military grade hardware to protect us from such evil threats as stuffed ponies and red wagons!

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]

$320 bucks?!

And who said something about a sex toy?

Where does the carrot go?!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#6]
RIP Butterscotch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They poked it with a robot then blew it up. Full blown retards

I wish I had that job.

Which says nothing about how professional they are.

There is no doubt in my mind I was put on this earth to perform that job. I've been rehearsing the role since an early age.

Anyone have a link to the story where some "civil servants" blew up the bag of dog poo? Happened about 2-3 months ago. Pretty sure some crack staff of professionals later declared the poo to be "non-threatening". These stories just crack me up.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#9]
YIFF IN HELL
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Guess who sets off the most bombs in populated areas, the police.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

At least they didn't shut down the city, arrest and bill the owners for the disruption...

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/1-31_never_forget.jpg

We own you with fury and wrath.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#13]
So, if Achmed had say 5 kilos of anthrax (or am241, or, or,..) he wanted to spread around - and was short the detonator & semtex to make that happen...

All he needs is a stuffed toy & the PD will do the job for him?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#14]
someone wants to play with his toys
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
The bomb squad blowing up abandoned toys looks ridiculous...

until some nutcase drops a teddy bear stuffed with 5 lbs of ball bearings and a couple of pounds of c4 off near a playground.

but until then it is ridiculous

Before 9-11 a bunch of guys using box cutters, hijacking multiple aircraft and flying into buildings was thought to be ridiculous...

Actually, it was not.  Knife hijackings of aircraft happened before.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#17]
You know, in Iraq they hide IEDs in dead dogs and other roadkilled animals.

Think we can get the police to start blowing up every roadkilled raccoon, deer, dog, cat, possum... ?

I think they're going to replace the "To Protect and Serve" slogan with "Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure."
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Man, apparently you could just fuck up everyone's whole week if you started duct taping calculators to beanie babies and scattering them around in obvious places.

Tempting... but that kind of over-reaction could never happen in this state... nah....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess Orange County PD is well versed in their ancient Greek literature
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, apparently you could just fuck up everyone's whole week if you started duct taping calculators to beanie babies and scattering them around in obvious places.

Tempting... but that kind of over-reaction could never happen in this state... nah....

Let alone the better'n average chance of pound-me-in-the-ass prison once they figure out whodonit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think the monkey bars look kind of suspicious. It could be a very large and complex pipe bomb.

Nobody once thought to just walk over and pick up the My Little Pony or whatever the hell it was?

And if someone did, and it went off, and hurt a bystander you would be calling for his execution if HE wasnt also killed.  The Operative question here is HOW THEY RECEIVED THE CALL.... Did they get the call from someone saying "That Pony is a bomb and it's going to go off at XYZ time" ???  Unfortunately the story never bothered to go into that...but in true GD fashion this just turned into a "Fuck the shoddy reporting, lets bash the cops" Fuckfest it always does.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#22]
That looked like the Jihad Roach thread only without the laughs.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Which was why my answer was not only "No" but "FUCK NO" when my daughter wanted one.  for the same money she went to camp and rode REAL horses for a week that summer.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
The bomb squad blowing up abandoned toys looks ridiculous...

until some nutcase drops a teddy bear stuffed with 5 lbs of ball bearings and a couple of pounds of c4 off near a playground.

but until then it is ridiculous

Before 9-11 a bunch of guys using box cutters, hijacking multiple aircraft and flying into buildings was thought to be ridiculous...

Actually, it was not.  Knife hijackings of aircraft happened before.

Exactly which is why the operative Policy at the time was, "Cooperate so no passenger is harmed, and take them where they want to go"  Now that has changed.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the monkey bars look kind of suspicious. It could be a very large and complex pipe bomb.

Nobody once thought to just walk over and pick up the My Little Pony or whatever the hell it was?

And if someone did, and it went off, and hurt a bystander you would be calling for his execution if HE wasnt also killed.  The Operative question here is HOW THEY RECEIVED THE CALL.... Did they get the call from someone saying "That Pony is a bomb and it's going to go off at XYZ time" ???  Unfortunately the story never bothered to go into that...but in true GD fashion this just turned into a "Fuck the shoddy reporting, lets bash the cops" Fuckfest it always does.

That's what I am saying. I want to know what made them think it could possibly be a bomb. I just passed a cooler laying by the side of the road just now. I don't know what's in it. Nobody does. Sure, we could assume that it's just blew off a truck or trailer, but what if there's a bomb in it? We better get the bomb squad out there to blow the fucker up!?!

That toy being there is NOT enough reason to call out the bomb squad.I want to know WHY they came out and blew it up, and "what if it was a bomb" doesn't fly. In absence of proof otherwise, EVERYTHING could be a bomb, from pine cones to circus tents. What made that toy cross the threshold from forgotten toy to suspicious object?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top