Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
nevva been done bahfoe
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just stumbled across this suitcase MP5, apparently the trigger in the handle can fire the weapon (you can see the barrel on the left.) Kinda nifty.

http://im.rediff.com/news/2014/aug/06gun1.jpg
View Quote

Been around for 30 years. Here, you can buy one if you really want one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=532018934
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul gun please
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The suitcase is a registered AOW. The gun inside is also registered, but as an MG. If you were to build one large enough to contain a suppressed MP-5, it would be one of the only ways to get a 3 stamp gun.
View Quote

If you count the suppressor stamp as being part of the gun then 3 stamp guns are pretty common. SBR'd MGs with suppressors are fairly common in the MG world

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, I remember that scene from Replacement Killers. Mira Sorvino makes me wanna die.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you count the suppressor stamp as being part of the gun then 3 stamp guns are pretty common. SBR'd MGs with suppressors are fairly common in the MG world

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The suitcase is a registered AOW. The gun inside is also registered, but as an MG. If you were to build one large enough to contain a suppressed MP-5, it would be one of the only ways to get a 3 stamp gun.

MG's are not considered SBR's, regardless of barrel length. An MG with a 1" barrel would only have one tax stamp and the transfer tax is only $200, the same as it would if the barrel was 16" or 16' in length. An MG with an integral suppressor would have two stamps, and a total of $400 in taxes would be paid for each transfer.

ETA: Here is the definition of a machinegun, taken directly from the Code of Federal Regulations:

Machine gun. Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machine gun, and any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

You'll notice that it defines a machine gun as "Any weapon..." and that there is no mention of barrel length in the definition. That's because regardless of a barrel length, a machine gun is a machine gun. Barrel length is irrelevant. Therefore, there is no need to differentiate between a Machine gun and a short-barreled machine gun. Not to mention, an SBR is a short-barreled rifle, and a rifle, by definition, is not a machinegun. There is no such thing as a SBMG within the NFA.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It is an NFA item. Pretty sure it's an AOW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that considered an AOW?

The suitcase it's self requires an AOW stamp.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That was a thing years ago. Designed for the Ingram.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZXDnntoEDzM/maxresdefault.jpg  
View Quote

I remember seeing articles about making your own in several magazines from the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I want the magpul flashlight gun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
, it would be one of the only ways to get a 3 stamp gun.
View Quote

sbr 94 +sear+ can is a 3 stamp gun mr canada
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw one shot (or similar to an MP5) at an Oregon HT shoot a few years back...those boys brought some toys that's for sure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]

sweet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Google Robert Wanko, then hit images.  Pretty sure he used one to protect Reagan after the assassination attempt.  At least he grabbed something out of a briefcase.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
, it would be one of the only ways to get a 3 stamp gun.

"One of the only ways," does not equal "the only way."
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#17]
James Bond did it first
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Google Robert Wanko, then hit images.  Pretty sure he used one to protect Reagan after the assassination attempt.  At least he grabbed something out of a briefcase.  
View Quote

I believe it was an Uzi
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC, that was a Secret Service set up back in the 80's

Uzi
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6889/reaganuzi02.jpg

Brag thread.   I used to work with the guy holding the Uzi.  He was the head of Security where I work.  Talked with him many times.   Not too much about the incident.   Years ago I was at wall mart with my Father.   We ran into Bob.   I told my Dad that you HAVE to meet someone.   After the introduction, we got home, and I asked my  Dad if he would like to see who he just met.   Then I pulled up this picture.   Bob is a really cool guy, and now when he is in town.  We attend the same church.  

I have asked him if I can get a picture with him and his autograph.   (I want him to sign my Uzi top-cover)  One of these days I will post pictures.   (after they are taken that is.)
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think I have the same model scope on my 10/22 as the one in this photo.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#21]
When the Chinese president came through Boeing a few months back there was a whole load of dudes that walked in front of him, carrying breifcases, who I assume are Secret Service. What they got in all them breifcases?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When the Chinese president came through Boeing a few months back there was a whole load of dudes that walked in front of him, carrying breifcases, who I assume are Secret Service. What they got in all them breifcases?
View Quote

These days, probably P90's.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cash for hookers and blow, as well as some for Obama and the other ilk that keep letting American jobs head off shore to the People's Republic of
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd look more suspect carrying a briefcase, than I would a SMG.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#25]
its only an aow if theres a semi gun in it.
machine gun trumps aow, no need for an aow stamp.

if its empty its nothing.

that said its pretty neat to see one in the wild, i really never thought anyone used them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does a MG not supersede a AOW?

ETA: Should have read farther this was answered in detail.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.....

if you put a semi auto in the case, the gun must be registered as an AOW

if you put an MG in the case, MG trumps the AOW registration requirement

The case itself is not registered....regardless of what type of weapon is placed in it.....

It's spelled out here:
http://www.guns.com/2013/03/22/hk-operational-briefcase-now-thats-a-man-bag/

and in this thread at HK pro:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/69774-mp5k-briefcase-value.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Not set up for firing remotely, but briefcases do make handy holsters for MP5s (and clones, like my Zenith Z-5P)

Handy for carrying extra magazines, ammo, and lunch, too. Oh, and papers and a laptop.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I believe it was an Uzi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it was an Uzi

I think you're right.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No.....

The case itself is not registered....regardless of what type of weapon is placed in it.....

It's spelled out here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.....

It's spelled out here:

That makes more sense than when it was previously explained to me years ago. Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, it makes no sense that my NAA wallet holster isn't registered, but the operational briefcase is.

I'm man enough to admit when I am mistaken.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just stumbled across this suitcase MP5, apparently the trigger in the handle can fire the weapon (you can see the barrel on the left.) Kinda nifty.

http://im.rediff.com/news/2014/aug/06gun1.jpg
View Quote

And good luck getting the fucking thing out of there to reload after the first mag.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

MG's are not considered SBR's, regardless of barrel length. An MG with a 1" barrel would only have one tax stamp and the transfer tax is only $200, the same as it would if the barrel was 16" or 16' in length. An MG with an integral suppressor would have two stamps, and a total of $400 in taxes would be paid for each transfer.

ETA: Here is the definition of a machinegun, taken directly from the Code of Federal Regulations:

You'll notice that it defines a machine gun as "Any weapon..." and that there is no mention of barrel length in the definition. That's because regardless of a barrel length, a machine gun is a machine gun. Barrel length is irrelevant. Therefore, there is no need to differentiate between a Machine gun and a short-barreled machine gun. Not to mention, an SBR is a short-barreled rifle, and a rifle, by definition, is not a machinegun. There is no such thing as a SBMG within the NFA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Machine gun. Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machine gun, and any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

There are quite a few hk guys that have a registered seer or two and also have a handful sbr hosts.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:45:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Holy cow there is some horrid misinformation in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#35]
... "Hey, homie. What's in the briefcase?"
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:56:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Never seen such a thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:59:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No.....

It's spelled out here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.....

It's spelled out here:

You are correct, I meant the semi/briefcase combo is AOW.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:02:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There are quite a few hk guys that have a registered seer or two and also have a handful sbr hosts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, because with the sear removed, the gun is an SBR. If the gun itself wasn't registered as an SBR, it would be illegal to remove the registered sear. Also, as someone finally stated, the briefcase is just a briefcase. The gun inside would need to be registered, not the case.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How old are you kids?

Do your parents know you get on sites like this one? Damn, I'll be glad when school starts again next week and you all go back to your classes.

Hk made that damn thing about the same time they came up with the MP5. The idea was the shooter carries a briefcase full of ransom money in one hand and a machine gun aimed at kneecap level in the other. et al

It was also known as a "Fag Bag" (...their words, not mine)

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#40]

I know a guy that has one.  It's pretty neat.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I had a Pelican Case MP5, does that count?

Fits pretty good into the claymore pouch on a RAID pack.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Now I want to make a breifcase for a M11.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

At the 1:34:45 mark in this 1985 vid.
https://youtu.be/Ht8abGS67Ig
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hello Comrade General. BRRRRRRRRRTTTTT!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It only fires when combined with teardrop style sunglasses, a bushy moustache, and a tan sport jacket with brown elbow pads.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1980 called and wants the Samsonite back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

It only fires when combined with teardrop style sunglasses, a bushy moustache, and a tan sport jacket with brown elbow pads.  

Hot damn!  I'm finally back in style!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes. Semi's at least.
 Not sure how a MG would rate; as a MG, or if an AOW definition would supercede MG,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Semi's at least.
 Not sure how a MG would rate; as a MG, or if an AOW definition would supercede MG,

I'm almost sure that the case itself is an AOW.

I had a chance to photograph one recently.  If you want to buy it, PM me.  I'll send you the info.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How old are you kids?

Do your parents know you get on sites like this one? Damn, I'll be glad when school starts again next week and you all go back to your classes.

Hk made that damn thing about the same time they came up with the MP5. The idea was the shooter carries a briefcase full of ransom money in one hand and a machine gun aimed at kneecap level in the other. et al

It was also known as a "Fag Bag" Fast Access Gun (FAG) bag (...their words, not mine)

View Quote

Explained acronym for you.

Watch the video of President Reagan's near death experience at the hands of a mentally ill man and you'll see a full-size Uzi conjured out of such a briefcase.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#48]
What is the purpose of the HK briefcase?

I can understand a nefarious organization creating such a device, but I would think that even back in the 80's HK would have been fully aware of the importance of aimed fire. I can't see that being useful for anything other than terrorism/assassinations or suppressing fire, which seems to me to be inappropriate for all but the most extreme PSD situations.

Regardless, it is pretty neat.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Right, because with the sear removed, the gun is an SBR. If the gun itself wasn't registered as an SBR, it would be illegal to remove the registered sear. Also, as someone finally stated, the briefcase is just a briefcase. The gun inside would need to be registered, not the case.
View Quote

Not necessarily.

Remove trigger pack (assuming Registered SEAR/Pack, not firearm) and stock from MP5 pistol, and it's just a pistol.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish someone would update and redo that video!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top