[#1]
OP is getting triggered.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's knot the Lowes I know.
View Quote

They're walking a tightrope on this one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It looks like they roped you in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather hang out at Lowe's than Home Depot.

It looks like they roped you in.

I'm fit to be tied, I tell ya whut!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet you had an idea as to how you thought this thread would go.

Im a frayed knot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It is to me. I'm taller than that.

Nice try though. We all know you're about 5'4".

Enjoy your SHORT stay on Arfcom. I'm sure you'll be a (Scale) Model Poster.

View Quote

Only one of us is breaking the rules here hombre. Guess who it is?

Also, only one of us is trying to be an internet tough guy...great look HAHAHA. Talk about compensating. Gotta love internet tough guys...dime a dozen no matter where you go.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP is getting triggered.
View Quote

Lol. I was really hoping the triggered girl meme was here, but sadly, it's not.

So I'm short, a troll, a liar, and what else? All good stuff. Very enlightening.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Only one of us is breaking the rules here hombre. Guess who it is?

Also, only one of us is trying to be an internet tough guy...great look HAHAHA. Talk about compensating. Gotta love internet tough guys...dime a dozen no matter where you go.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol what a thing to get upset over

View Quote

I'd be pissed at buying an entire roll of rope when all I needed was a few feet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Um no
You're supposed to not shop there because lowes sucks ass in every imaginable way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So because you couldn't buy some autoerotic asphyxiation supplies we're sgupposed to boycott a major store chain. K.
Um no
You're supposed to not shop there because lowes sucks ass in every imaginable way.

Maybe yours does. Mine’s awesome.

Home depot is for the poors. Have only been to Menard’s once.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of you guys are way, way too high strung these days.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I shop wherever the fuck I want to.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to stop shopping with them but for an entirely different reason. I am remodeling my kitchen and ordered a gas cooktop stove from them because they were one of the few places the stove was supposedly in stock and I needed it fairly quickly. Two days later I receive a backorder notification that says it will ship in 6 weeks so I try to cancel because that is not going to work, at all. Nope, not able to cancel, they will confirm with me whether or not I want to accept the delay in the next couple weeks but I have to wait. So I buy another unit and get it delivered and installed within the next couple weeks. Then I get a shipping notice, the item came back in stock sooner than expected. So now I have to wait until it is delivered, then drive 100 miles to the nearest Lowes to return it and get my money back..

So, yeah, fuck Lowes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hasn't changed. The guy with 3 posts coming in pounding his chest and bossing people around about where they're allowed to shop, based on something retarded. That's who.
View Quote

Breath. Breath in, breath out. Ahhh.

There was no chest pounding or bossing people around lmao. I thought this was a place that appreciated, or at least had predominately 1st and 2nd amendment rights in mind, but I guess not. My mistake as the newbie troll, liar, midget hahahaha, who could have known?

Geez Louise, the last months are just getting way too be way too much for way too many people it seems.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
some people must have extraordinarily uneventful lives.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
That's noose to me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#17]
You should have asked them which section the Hoes are in.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#19]
This throws me for a loop.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#21]
OP has his panties in a knot.
Y'all better back off before somebody gets called a cuntlick!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Home Depot for me
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Goatboy fixed the avatar uploader.
View Quote

Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition !
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
This does knot surprise me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'd rather hang out at Lowe's than Home Depot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol. I was really hoping the triggered girl meme was here, but sadly, it's not.

So I'm short, a troll, a liar, and what else? All good stuff. Very enlightening.
View Quote

A 20er too...don't forget that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Edit: So I'm late to the game. Apparently this happened during the Summer sometime. https://www.wftv.com/news/local/orange-county/lowes-change-way-rope-is-sold-after-noose-found-orlando-store/ISBP5XODJVHXZI4WHBDARBKR3I/

Edit, edit: Since there seem to be so many sensitive hearts out there, take this as a personal opinion, sensitive to your needs and kind, loving souls as consumers with a choice....LOL!

Still doesn't change things....

I went in just now on my lunch break. I needed a short length of larger diameter cord- no sweat right?

So I go to where the chain and cord is and there is a sign saying something like, "Spooled rope has been removed at this time. Please see customer service for more information."

I can see the spools on the top shelve, so I go to customer service and ask what's up?

They tell me that they took it off the floor until further notice to prevent people from "making nooses as political statements for demonstrations, etc." I ask if this is at all Lowes and am told yes, company PC policy and whatnot.

Well, that's enough for me. I've personally always appreciated their veteran/military parking and discount, but I guess it's all just for show.

Who do they think they are to take a stance explicitly trying to limit first amendment rights, on either side of the spectrum?

Nope, not my kind of place. I urge others to pass this along and send in complaints to their customer service dept. Go in and see for yourself.
View Quote

Fuck it...

Reported.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow, I mean, I kind of get what OP was trying to do here but boy howdy if this didn't go spectacularly off the rails!

That being said, it is pretty lame that they (and Home Depot) make you ask for help to cut rope just because of some stupid woke bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You come across as a little overly aggressive, did Lowe's touch you in a bad place or something? You seem quite concerned.

Evidently.
Interesting way to make an entrance here, by the way.
View Quote

Ya, I'm the one going agro over a thread .

Obviously I'm concerned, was that ever in question?

I misjudged the concern of people here about 1A and probably 2A rights, that's on me, my bad. Or I guess everybody's just had it with everything and is tired to hear about stuff like this, understandable. Again, my bad, I misjudged that there were so many people like that here.

Anyhow, what I'm not concerned about is an internet introduction. Should I be?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't shop at Lowes because they did everything they could to fire my mother in law after she filed a workman's comp claim.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A 20er too...don't forget that.
View Quote

Ahh yes. Which end is the dangerous one? Is range ammo dangerous? LMAO!

I've been shooting since I was 4 with my grandpa, for whatever that's worth coming from my lying, trolling, midget self.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Fuck it...

Reported.
View Quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Geez, there really are a bunch of sensitive hearts around. Whud a thunk it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ahh yes. Which end is the dangerous one? Is range ammo dangerous? LMAO!

I've been shooting since I was 4 with my grandpa, for whatever that's worth coming from my lying, trolling, midget self.

View Quote

Was that two or three years ago?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Was that two or three years ago?
View Quote

Just days ago.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I misjudged the concern of people here about 1A and probably 2A rights, that's on me, my bad. Or I guess everybody's just had it with everything and is tired to hear about stuff like this, understandable. Again, my bad, I misjudged that there were so many people like that here.

View Quote
Rule #1 in GD...never apologize.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Geez, there really are a bunch of sensitive hearts around. Whud a thunk it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Title needs moar "BRAKING!!!"
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Weak , weak, weak............
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Nobody gives a shit about nooses or snowflakes triggered by them.  Settled down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Try not to be such a trifling douchebag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dude honestly I don't even care. If the best reason you have to come in here and start ranting is where Lowe's keeps their rope, or why, who am I to judge? It just struck me odd when your thread title is DO NOT SHOP AT LOWES or whatever, as if this is the biggest travesty you've experienced. We care about 1A and (especially) 2A, but that includes Lowe's 1A as well.

And congratulations on having a bad.
View Quote

Now come on, even I know in all of my unholy ignorance not to post a title all in caps. That's just silly.

Anyhow, maybe it was just the straw that pissed me off after a long string of this bullshit. I go in to buy replacement rope for a tri pull down, and they won't even sell to me because of PC crap, right after I thought, hey, how great of them to have reserved vet parking on this rainy day. Like seriously, not selling goddam rope? (It was explained to me that it was because of people protesting biden, but not that that matters.)

Dunno, but like you said, don't even care.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Nobody gives a shit about nooses or snowflakes triggered by them.  Settled down.
View Quote

I give a shit when I'm trying to buy a length of rope and they won't sell it because of PC bullshit,
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Try not to be such a trifling douchebag.
View Quote

It's so difficult though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Now come on, even I know in all of my unholy ignorance not to post a title all in caps. That's just silly.

Anyhow, maybe it was just the straw that pissed me off after a long string of this bullshit. I go in to buy replacement rope for a tri pull down, and they won't even sell to me because of PC crap, right after I thought, hey, how great of them to have reserved vet parking on this rainy day. Like seriously, not selling goddam rope? (It was explained to me that it was because of people protesting biden, but not that that matters.)

View Quote

So, Lowes refused to sell rope is what you're saying? Or is the rope some where that an employee would retrieve when asked?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So, Lowes refused to sell rope is what you're saying? Or is the rope some where that an employee would retrieve when asked?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pssst....let me let you in on something....

They have always used an employee to measure, cut and tag it for length/price.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#47]
how the hell is a hangmans noose a fucking racist symbol?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am literally saying they refused to sell me the rope because people "were making nooses out of it." The story I told is the literal, 100% version of what happened. That's why I'm pissed, and that's why I'm not shopping there anymore.

They would not sell me, or anyone else any rope. All spools were on the top of the aisle stock/storage rack, inaccessible without a forklift or if you're of superheroic height like Mech2007.

I get the liability, don't cut your own chain/rope stuff. This was entirely different.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Did they take away all the pens and markers so no one could draw pictures of nooses?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Go see for yourself, dick.
View Quote

Ha!

Now it's a party!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top