Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Depriving the 15% of a proper education, decent job, access to banking, colleges or a voters booth was not what the framers of the Constitution dreamed of doing.  
View Quote

Could you clarify this position a little?  I thought the framers of the constitution generally had slaves, made/ supported the laws of  inequality, etc.
Danny
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

"Sorry [red][size=6]boy[/size=6][/red]..."
View Quote

[lolabove][jump][lol][ROFL2][lolabove][lol][ROFL2][rofl][lol][lolabove]

BTW IBTL
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lets put some of these myths to rest...the dixiecrat party wasn't all about race relations.  I had to read a lot of his speeches for a class I had in college (did a term paper on the dixiecrats).  Most of what they were worried about was the spread of communism and the growing federal government.  Let us not forget that FDR was the prior president.  Government expansion and programs the likes as never seen before plus throw in the TVA and park service grabbing lands in the mountains; andyou have a lot of very unhappy southerners.

To say that the dixiecrat party was only about racism is like saying that the liberitarian party is only about legalizing drugs.  Might have been an issue but not the defining factor.  I agree with Trent Lott, if Strom had one, our nation would be a much better place today.

Lets also draw a line and distinguish between segration and racism.  Strom may have believed that the races should stay seperate, but he also worked to defend and serve blacks way before it was ever fashionable.  In the '20 he defended some black families in a suit to get denied benefits.  He championed improvements in black schools and wanted to see an increase in the quality of life for black in the state.  I think that he as well as the rest of the South was really forced to change rapidly from 200 plus years of a certain social structure.  Most of us don't like change, so you can understand his reluctance to adopt these new progressive ideas.  Follow his life, had he truly been a racist and evil man, would he have changed withthe times an done some of the things that were mentioned earlier?  I really think not.

As for the people here rejoicing in his death, you've just demonstrate your lack of class.   He served his constituents well over the years (both black and white).  You might want to talk about his alleged womanizing and feable stature, but in acting immature you demonstrate that he was much more of a man that any of y'all could ever hope to be.

This is a very sad day indeed in the Southland.  They have lost an institution down there.  Quite simply they don't make men like him anymore.

Jim
View Quote

Most sensible post so far.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
We really need an Alert button just for idiots like this. BTW, IBTL
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's about time this detestable, decrepit, racist bastard relieved us of his presence. This country is now a far better place.....
View Quote

Screw you and your IGNORANCE of his accomplishments!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Another D.U.h troll-scum-bag-demon-crap

Trivia Question:  Who was one of the first negro assistants to be hired by Sen. Thurmond?

Answer:  Ultra-conservative Armstrong Williams !

The man was a true patriot and great senator.
[:)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, he is dead. Finally or otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:13:18 AM EDT
[#8]
wow. this turned into a real pissing contest.
i can't beleive it hasn't gotten really ugly.
just in case, ibtl.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:51:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do most of you still consider a black man to be 3/5ths of a man?
View Quote

You really wanna hear truth?? As a general rule, or individually??
Should we judge by the condition of American inner cities?? O shall we judge by different African Nations??
Don't give me this;

because after decades of oppression, with very little education or understanding of how their country is supposed to run, they were suddenly allowed to live in a free society.
View Quote

HORSESHIT!!! What about Liberia???

Name for me ANY stable "Black" Country, that's had stability for 30 years or better!!!

Is it ALL whitey's fault???

[b]Do you REALLY want an answer to your question??[/b]
View Quote

Damn, Liberty86, you f*cking hit him square in the nose with both barrels on that one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I was surprised to hear ol' Strom died. Having spent four years in South Carolina, I'd been pretty familiar with his legacy. Actually, I thought he'd be around forever, but looking back now, he really did become quite fragile in the last year or two.

America has lost a political giant, the likes of which are few and far-in-between.

To spit on his grave is to show not only disrespect, but ignorance as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:47:38 AM EDT
[#11]
It was so obvious the title of this thread was created to start shit.

IBTL!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:52:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had this on-going process in my life.  It starts with having opinions on most topics.  Then I learn and experience more, and adjust my views according to the new understanding.  It's called growth.

Over time Strom went through this process.  People who vilify him for his statements made in the 40s & 50s ignore his personal and political growth and his views in the post-60s era.  Those people are living in the past.

For his critics, it seems that most of you are from states other than SC and get your history from racial agitators.  I suggest you see what blacks in South Carolina say about him.  After all, they should know.  That shouldn't be too difficult with the internet and so forth.  

And no, I won't accept statements originating with the NAACP.  That organization is not interested in achieving racial harmony or the "Advancement of Colored People."  Racial harmony would end the need for the organization, so the "leadership" keeps things stirred up so they can maintain a power base & avoid a real job.  If they were truly interested in advancement (improvement of the human condition within the black community), programs to reduce/eliminate drug dealing/abuse, illiteracy, teen preganancy, drop-outs, and so forth would be at the top of their agenda.  Instead it's this steady rant of "the Man is keeping you down."  But, that would be a discussion for another thread.

Come on into the world of responsibility, accountability, and self-sufficiency.  It's not easy, but there's nowhere else I'd rather live.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]
...little buffalo-boy funny.

[:K]

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:20:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Brohawk is a valuable addition to us folk here at ARFCOM. His last was one of many good and decent posts.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
...using an accent from [i]some[/i]where in the Deep South...

"Heah he come.  Daeh he go.  I [red]STILL[/red]  don' see no Buffalo!"

I keep tellin' people there's only ONE Race, and there's Bigots of every kind in it.

And lighten up, will ya? [;D]

View Quote

Somebody left the stirstick in the shitpot.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep.........you Jesse, Al and Louis would make a fine group.  I hate to see you use the race card as a tool for discussion.  I don't care if you are black, white, green or glow in the dark.  If I like you I like you, if I don't I don't. And you know.........so far I don't. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and expecting others to feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't give me this;
Name for me ANY stable "Black" Country, that's had stability for 30 years or better!!!
View Quote

Cameroon has had a stable government since 1960-61.
View Quote

Bullshit!! They got independence in '61, their "president", had an extensive "internal security" service. In 1966, all opposition parties were banned. New Constitution in '72. Guerilla warfare all along. Attempted coup in '84, and "rigged" elections, in '92.

"Stable", my ass....[rolleyes]

[url]http://www.worldrover.com/history/cameroon_history.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Yo, b-s....

You just one mean, hateful bastard.

Which is its own punishment, so I ain't gonna bother ridiculing you any further.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Let me say what everyone here has been trying to tell you, buffalo-soldier:

[b]Get the fuck outta here, you asshole! You're a fucking idiot.[/b]

View Quote

What a gentleman.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey Buffalo-soldier, are you really a buffalo soldier?

I did not like the drolling old fart and more than Louis Farrakan or any other racist.  I'm not sure why they kept electing him to office, he was feeble 20 years ago.
View Quote

No, I'm not
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's about time this detestable, decrepit, racist bastard relieved us of his presence. This country is now a far better place.....
View Quote

blah-blah-blah [b]I'm a loser[/b] blah-blah-blah

This "person" is a troll.  He's posted several "it's fun to piss people off" threads here before.
View Quote

I have before, but this post was not designed to piss people off. It was a kind of rejoicing post, that I thought my fellow ARFCOM would join me in. I knew most were conservative, but to think that many people are actually proud of what Strom Thurmond stood for is ridiculous. He was proud to be a white man, as he should be, but the fact that he tried to oppress and divide those who weren't white like himself is awful. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If Strom Thurmond was such a racist, how in the world did he get reelected after the civil rights movement?
View Quote

Because many of his constituents are racist as well. Duh.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#23]
"I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the southern people to break down segregation and admit the nigger race into our theatres into our swimming pools into our homes and into our churches."

-Strom Thurmond, 1948

This is what you guys are defending.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...but the fact that he tried to oppress and divide those who weren't white like himself is awful. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
View Quote

The person who should be ashamed of himself is the one who judges another based on prior misdeeds. Misdeeds made in another time period, long before lasting changes were made to help right some of the wrongs.

To condemn Mr. Thurmond for his actions of some 50, 60, or 70 years ago diminishes and/or ignores the deeds of his final 40 years on this earth, which, by all accounts, were 180 degrees different than those of his younger years.

This is the reason we, here at ARFCOM think you are a fucking troll who just wishes to stir up the pot.

Go away, B_S. You are full of shit, just as your name would imply.

You will get no more feedings from me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

blah-blah-blah [b]I'm a loser[/b] blah-blah-blah

This "person" is a troll.  He's posted several "it's fun to piss people off" threads here before.
View Quote

I have before, but this post was not designed to piss people off. It was a kind of rejoicing post, that I thought my fellow ARFCOM would join me in. I knew most were conservative, but to think that many people are actually proud of what Strom Thurmond stood for is ridiculous. He was proud to be a white man, as he should be, but the fact that he tried to oppress and divide those who weren't white like himself is awful. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
View Quote

OK. Fair enough. When "Jesse" passes on, our positions will have switched. I guess "we" feel about him like you feel about Strom Thurmond.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the southern people to break down segregation and admit the nigger race into our theatres into our swimming pools into our homes and into our churches."

-Strom Thurmond, 1948

View Quote

Geeze, that's "almost" as bad as Malcom X calling for the murder of "white devils" twenty years later. Of course he's a hero. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

-Strom Thurmond, 1948

View Quote

And all the tax-payer $$ that have been thrown away on affirmative action, midnight basketball, gun crime, free treatment of gun-shot wounds, cities burning, somehow prove him wrong??
He made that statement 55 years ago. Since then, he's voted for enough racial "pork", to MORE than "atone", for the sin of being correct, in his thinking, that govt "set-asides", don't work.

You will be overjoyed to know, that Thurmond opposed the UN for his whole career, until George Bush convinced him otherwise. The UN also has some wonderful racial programs. Why don't you volunteer for one??? Africa would suit you...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#28]

I will only acknowledge the good that Thurmond did if you acknowledge the good that President Clinton did.

"But, Buffalo Soldier" cries the fickle masses "President Klinton didn't do any good for our country at all"

I can hear it now [rolleyes]

You guys are in deep, incurable denial- just like Strom Thurmond was.

For telling the truth, i consider myself trolled. [:K]  
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Strom Thurmond, 1948

View Quote

Geeze, that's "almost" as bad as Malcom X calling for the murder of "white devils" twenty years later. Of course he's a hero. [rolleyes]
View Quote

I said nothing about Malcolm X or Louis Farrakhan. They made racist comments too. i admit that. Now it's your turn to admit Strom Thurmond was a racist......can't do it can ya?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I will only acknowledge the good that Thurmond did if you acknowledge the good that President Clinton did.

"But, Buffalo Soldier" cries the fickle masses "President Klinton didn't do any good for our country at all"

View Quote

Frankly, I could give a shit what you "consider". Until you directly respond to posters points, there's no dialogue.

I am curious though, what good did clinton do??

What bad???
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#31]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=7785[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He was a racist and sexually harassed nearly every woman in Washington. That's enough to know about him. I also know he is dead [:D]
View Quote

So has Ted Kennedy... plus he killed a woman with his car. What is your point?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Strom Thurmond received 12-15 percent of the black vote in South Carolina in his last four Senate elections, pretty darned good when his liberal Democrat opponents were supporting every conceivable social give away program (aimed specifically at the black vote). I guess those black voters are all racists too, eh BS (your screen name initials are quite appropriate).

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#34]
[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, smart guy please enlighten us to the good that Clinton did. That's right he was a hero to all men when he got his nob polished in the oval office. Wait a minute the country forgave him for his mistake, maybe we should forgive old Strom for some of his.

BTW, quit avoiding the questions posed to you, do you hold Sharpton, Jackson and Farakahn to the same standard you hold Strom?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I said nothing about Malcolm X or Louis Farrakhan. They made racist comments too. i admit that. Now it's your turn to admit Strom Thurmond was a racist......can't do it can ya?
View Quote

Gee what a fucking laugh you are.

Strom was CLEARLY a racist, especially early in his career. And so was MOST of the United States and he accurately represented his constituency.

Wallace was "also" a racist too, remember?

And so were most polticians of that era.

However, like Wallace, Strom came around somewhat (whether his personal views changed as well as his official position is unknown.

But like I said in the first place, he had MANY positions besides "segregation." And it was those I supported. Especially since his "racial issues" are irrelevant.

Even if he wanted to bring segregation BACK it was in zero danger of happening after the 1960s. In fact given the reverse racism politics of affirmative action, hate crimes, etc. we could actually use a few early Stroms to get us back to center and true equality.

The pendulum has swung from one absurd extreme to the other.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Strom Thurmand was a man that put his nation before himself.  He could have retired decades ago making as much as if he were still serving.  Instead of retiring and nursing of the government nipple (a retirement he well deserved) he continued to serve his state and this country.  Had he retired sooner, he may well have lived longer.  On the other hand, you have people like the Clintons that are in it only for the notoriety and the money, Jackson and Sharpton that are race instigators mooching off the blacks with their BS organizations and knocking up secretaries so they can pay them $200,000 a year in whore money.  Then, of course, there is Farakhan (I wonder if there is a distant relation to Ghengis).  The leader of the Bro Klux Klan.  The black panther party is the worst seperatist, racist organization in the country.  

As to the so called "second war for independence", it was actually the third.  Don't forget the war of 1812.  Now buff squat may think that it was about slavery.  Sorry fool, but you need to learn a little about history.  As Kommiefornia is doing today in violating the Constitution, so were the northern states doing in the early 1800's.  The federal Government has only 2 jobs.  Mutual defense of the member states and to regulate/support interstate and international commerce.  The federal government was trying to apply unconstitutional laws on the southern states and that is why the secession.  The constitution was violated and by law voided.  Therefor, there was no United States at the time.  The southern states formed a seperate country which was invaded by the remainder of the Union (Excluding the cowards in KY which wouldn't take either side).  The Emancipation proclamation which the blacks seem to love so much was also totally irrevelant.  This was merely a proclamation by Pres. Lincoln applying to states which were in a different country.  You seem to love him so much for that, but he kept slaves of his own at that time which were only released after his death.    

I suggest that Buff Squat and Low IQ gunboy learn a little about this nations history before they go about condemming anyone.  Personally, I despise racism of any kind.  Including reverse discrimination.  I judge people as individuals.  My best friend at work is a black man.  I respect him fully.  But, I see too much, because I am black, I need this handout Bull shit that I am getting sick of it.  So, buff squat, keep your own racism to yourself or just go away.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, a Clinton worshipper!!  Now the real you comes out.

Why don't you tell us what 'good' Clinton did.  I really want to hear this.

What truth have you told?  Clinton did good?

We are still awaiting your condemnation of Malcom, Al, Jesse, and Louis as racists, not 'they made racist comments'.

Frankly, I couldn't care less one way or the other about Strom, but you are one sided with your comments that seem to indicate that you believe only whitey can be racist and your apparent admiration for a draft dodging coward who never had any business being commander in chief.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#39]
How many slaves did your family own?

Quoted:

-Strom Thurmond, 1948

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, smart guy please enlighten us to the good that Clinton did. That's right he was a hero to all men when he got his nob polished in the oval office. Wait a minute the country forgave him for his mistake, maybe we should forgive old Strom for some of his.

BTW, quit avoiding the questions posed to you, do you hold Sharpton, Jackson and Farakahn to the same standard you hold Strom?
View Quote

YESS!!!!! I already said Farrakhan is a racist! And if you are too blind and ignorant to see what Clinton did than I'm not going to waste my time with you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't feed the DU troll.  Like most stupid people, Buffalo_Dung deserves our pity.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I love hearing ignorant people cry about racism, when there are people that lived through an attempted genocide by the US government still living in this country. You don't hear them crying about reparations and "killing whitey", or bringing up racial issues constantly. This even after millions of square miles of land was stolen from them by the government and hundreds of promises were broken.

Compared to that, your petty little complaints don't move me much.

Strom Thurman was a great American and will be remembered and missed by many. When you're gone nobody will notice. There, that should make you feel better. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Everybody was a racist, one way or another, in those days.
Today, people are still racist, one way or another.
What's interesting about ol'Strom, when he was 66 he married a 22 beauty queen.
They had 4 kids and were still married.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

YESS!!!!! I already said Farrakhan is a racist! And if you are too blind and ignorant to see what Clinton did than I'm not going to waste my time with you.
View Quote

In other words BS, you can’t really think of any accomplishments of the Clinton Administration.  That’s understandable because most knowledgeable Americans can’t think of any either.  

Mr. Clinton has made a career out of catering to the desires of whatever group could give him the most political clout.  He was and is the ultimate whore.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I watched the Strom Thurmond Bio on FOX News.  IMHO, he was an outstanding American.  Rest in Peace Strom Thurmond.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#46]
dont have to like Strom to LOVE AMERICA!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Until this post, you only acknowledged that he made racist comments, which is not the same.

As for your wasting your time, what you really mean is that you can't tell us anything he did good.  That line is a typical liberal line when they can't answer the question.

By the way, are you black?  I ask that because of your user name.  You have already admitted that you are not a soldier and, given that the Buffalo Soldiers were black, I thought maybe you took that name because you are black.  It doesn't really matter and has no bearing on the conversation, just curious.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I am not ignorant and my vision is quite well, thank you for your concern. I do not see any good that clinton did. Now if you want to get into a pissing match bring it. However, my account will not get locked because of an ignorant person such as you. I have yet to see you back up anything you are saying. When someone confronts you, you attack. You are a typical liberal, you use emotion to cloud the issue.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Strom Thurmond was many things, but mostly he was a product of his time.

He was a patriot who served his country during wartime with distinction, unlike Bill "scumbag" Clinton.

He was a long-serving (actually, the longest serving) sentator in congress who served all his constituents, both black and white, almost to his last breath.

The man carried himself with a dignity the likes of which "pardoned-all-the-dirtbags-on-his-last-day-in-office" Bill Clinton will never know.

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Don't feed the DU troll.  Like most stupid people, Buffalo_Dung deserves our pity.
View Quote

I wonder if Buffal_sholdier is related to Bug_Splatter from pre-ban.com?

He sure spouts the same useless B/S that bug_splatter did.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top