Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am supposed to be getting child support from my 2 step daughters father. I get an email from some woman at child support enforcement asking me if I just want to close my case because I will never see any money. Why the hell would I do that?
View Quote

YOU are supposed to get it, or your wife is supposed to get it?

either way, NO, i do NOT want to drop the case.  Get a court order and have wages garnished and tax returns garnished and fuck be upon him.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:58:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you need the money drop it.
View Quote

Hey look, the dads a member here too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've always bee amazed that CS offices don't look like a fortress under siege with all the fucked-over irate child support payers I read about here and in other threads.
View Quote

Men have been beaten down for a generation to stay in their place starting with kindergarden.

a slave revolt is possible but unlikely.

now go to work like a good little boy and give your money where you are told or we will call you a rapist/racist/sexist/moron.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:07:18 AM EDT
[#4]
In....just for the butthurt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've always bee amazed that CS offices don't look like a fortress under siege with all the fucked-over irate child support payers I read about here and in other threads.
View Quote

Apparently you've never been to one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If he is such a great father, then where is he?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't drop it. The hell with this deadbeat dad.

So you and a few others in here have this guy all figured out, huh? You know the situation and can safely conclude he's a "deadbeat dad"? It's a fun phrase to parrot, isn't it?

If he is such a great father, then where is he?

EXACTLY.

My ex is more than 3 years behind in child support. He thinks if he calls on birthdays and sends a present, no matter how late, it's ok. Funny, I was away from the kids for 4 days and I called EVERY day. Kids need their parents EVERY day, not just on birthdays. He moves or doesn't answer the is this where you live piece of paper he is sent and/or works for cash, so no money has been collected. My current husband wants me to drop it but after the shit my ex pulled this past summer, fuck it. Every time I get a chance to praise my current husband for being a hard worker, being a help (picking up kids from school or groceries, basically things  my ex would not do), and spending time with us as a family (swimming, going to state parks, the zoo, movies, family board game time), I do so. I point out that my current husband and I are a team- to finances, picking up kids and taking them to school, taking them to dr's appts (again, something my ex never did), etc. My oldest said that past Thanksgiving that he was thankful my husband makes me so happy. We may not live like kings and have everything we want when we want it, but we do not go hungry, do without electric/water, etc.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:18:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask her if she would like to personally pay the support ?  Ask her what she is doing to enforce the support ?  Ask her if she would like you to forward the letter to the local news agencies ?

Just a few thoughts.  Like others have said, keep that claim open forever.  Let it haunt the biological father.  Decision have consequences, some decisions last eighteen years.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

fuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am supposed to be getting child support from my 2 step daughters father. I get an email from some woman at child support enforcement asking me if I just want to close my case because I will never see any money. Why the hell would I do that?

Really? Why the fuck can't that happen to me? I'm tired of their bullshit. I don't know how many times I've been screwed by them. When I was still new to the game I payed double, thinking I could get ahead, I was away on my first deployment to Iraq. Did it for damn near 15 months. When I got back I was informed that I hadn't paid for over a year, even though my LES showed I did. They didn't give a shit. I had to pay a one year lump sum or go to jail. Fuck child support. Now my kid doesn't even live with his FSA mother and I'm still paying and he lived with me and I still payed then too. WTF

fuck

My understanding is that the monies paid are sent to the state where the distribute to the custodial parent.
They will keep taking extra any way they can and not reimburse you.
They need it to pay the other FSA accounts that never see a dime.
It's redistribution of wealth with a court order and the threat of jail time or the embarrassment of being labeled a deadbeat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Make a copy and forward it to your representative in the State legislature attached to a letter asking him why your State needs a child support bureau.

That might sound a little bridge-burny... but hey, they've basically just said they're not going to bust ass to enforce the order.
View Quote

this - at least my state rep has 'constituent services' sp folks who love to beat state agencies about the head and shoulders over this stuff
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ours is just a office in a county building anyone can walk into. Definitely no security to speak of.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do not close the case. Hound the deadbeat piece of shit to his grave. If he gets a paycheck, you want your share. If he gets an inheritance, you want your share. If he wins a law suit, you want your share. If he wins the lottery, you want your share.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:24:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have no confidence in the child support agency, when I was paying it for my daughter they were the most lazy, unorganized, didn't have a clue people I have ever talked to, fine examples of public employees.
View Quote

Why work if you can't fire me.

Customer service doesn't exist when your a public employee.
The customer is a problem not the means to earn money to pay their paycheck.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#13]
New here but this struck a nerve. I have paid cs on my kids for 5 years never missed a payment well when the courts finally gave me sole custody (ex is a dope head) and charged her with paying child support 8 years ago do you know how many payments she has made ? ZERO ZIP NADA.    I have sent letters to cs every week for the last 5 years and they have never done anything. The system is set up to screw the man plane and simple one way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:32:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't do it!  Keep their fucking licenses suspended. Keep that monkey on their back forever!
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:38:36 AM EDT
[#15]
^grumpy cat image here^

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Make a copy and forward it to your representative in the State legislature attached to a letter asking him why your State needs a child support bureau.

That might sound a little bridge-burny... but hey, they've basically just said they're not going to bust ass to enforce the order.
View Quote

This...tell them to get off their asses and do their jobs
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Really? Why the fuck can't that happen to me? I'm tired of their bullshit. I don't know how many times I've been screwed by them. When I was still new to the game I payed double, thinking I could get ahead, I was away on my first deployment to Iraq. Did it for damn near 15 months. When I got back I was informed that I hadn't paid for over a year, even though my LES showed I did. They didn't give a shit. I had to pay a one year lump sum or go to jail. Fuck child support. Now my kid doesn't even live with his FSA mother and I'm still paying and he lived with me and I still payed then too. WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You need a better lawyer.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:51:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Keep fighting....My Wifes Ex was ordered to pay $25  a week in child support for his Son.

He very rarely paid, and worked off the gird most of the time.

Every time the state caught up with him he would move someplace else and his mother would lie to the state and us about where he was so that her precious didn't have to man up to his responsibilities.

No my Step Son is 21 and won't even talk to his biological father, as far as he is concerned I am his father.

They will grow up knowing who is the real Dad and who is the useless bag of feces!!!

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya! I am the only person I know that actually pays their child support. I've dated a lot of single moms and every one of them are supposed to be recieving payments but the deadbeat dads aren't paying. Oh, all these deadbeat dads, they're still walking around free men. Yep....not a single one that I asked about has ever done any jail time for non-payment. I have paid on time every month for 17 years. My son's mom works for cash under the table as a stripper. She makes more money in one night than I make in one week. She also gets to claim him on taxes. Me ? Well I don't get to claim shit except the obvious fucking juvenile courts give to men... if you ever find yourself in child support court leave your balls at home.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So you and a few others in here have this guy all figured out, huh? You know the situation and can safely conclude he's a "deadbeat dad"? It's a fun phrase to parrot, isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't drop it. The hell with this deadbeat dad.

No he is a deadbeat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Fuck child support and everyone who demands it.
View Quote

I don't know your circumstances, but in my world, if you father a child, you have a duty. I paid child support not because the laws says I should, but because as a parent I have responsibilities, one of which is to provide for my children.  The mother of my daughter and I divorced without an attorney.  She isn't a bad person, just someone I could not be married to.  I never contested her as the residential parent, because she loves our daughter as much as I do, and we both could have spent ten grand feeding the lawyers.  We decided to spend the money on our daughter instead. In Florida, the amount of child support is a formula based on both parents income, so there wasn't anything to really argue over in that regard.  She always took care of our daughter first, so I really don't have anything to bitch about.  We agreed early in the divorce that our past shit was just that, shit, and we've maintained a good relationship as parents in the fifteen years since, even when the mandated support stopped last June.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are you certain this email is actually from who it says it's from? From what I understand it's not THAT hard to spoof an email's "from" field. What's the chance this is actually the father trying to get you to drop the case?
View Quote

No it was her. She called me before she sent the email
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:12:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
excuse me for asking but why are you getting money from your step daughters father?  are you the ex wife?  or do you mean your ex wife is getting or asking for the support?  is your income included in determining the amount? some states they don't count the new spouses income. If you are doing well and the ex isn't why are you even spending your time worrying about it. drop it and move on.
View Quote

I actually have custody of my step kids
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:14:30 AM EDT
[#24]
EWWWWW 17 years you been paying so at minimum she is in her 30s, is it worth watching her strip or dose she do it down at the Y?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Just to give a different spin in this, I have been paying child support for 16 years in Ohio. I have been contacted by the support enforcement agency exactly twice. Both times were to refund overages. I have also never been one day late on a payment. People that don't pay child support piss me off. I understand there might be a situation or two that may cause you to get behind a couple months. But that's about it. I run a bar and I see people sit there and drink half their pay checks week after week, all the while complaining they can't afford their child support.

And another thing, paying child support doesn't buy your way out of being a dad. Step up and be a man.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
EWWWWW 17 years you been paying so at minimum she is in her 30s, is it worth watching her strip or dose she do it down at the Y?
View Quote

I'll assume you're talking to me since you didn't bother to quote me. Yes. She was 18 when my son was born so she's mid-30's now. Genetics have been good to her though. She still looks damn good and alot younger than her age. All my son's friends pass at her.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
excuse me for asking but why are you getting money from your step daughters father?  are you the ex wife?  or do you mean your ex wife is getting or asking for the support?  is your income included in determining the amount? some states they don't count the new spouses income. If you are doing well and the ex isn't why are you even spending your time worrying about it. drop it and move on.

Send them back to their dad?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#28]
What with some of the amounts of CS I've seen imposed on men I can't blame them from saying fuck it, working for cash, and not paying. It's not like paying what they can honestly afford to pay is going to do them any good as far as CS is concerned. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Add to that if the ones that pay better themselves pay wise the vindictive bitches they were married to will go back to court to get the CS amounts increased....And get it.

With visitation amounting more to dumping kids on the father so the ex can go out and play and most ex-wives polluting the kid's minds with what a loser their dad is it seems to me you reach the point of diminished returns in the Dad dept real quick.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:53:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Bad enough paying cs to a moonbat ex who's terrible with money--paying it to her husband? Time to fo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What with some of the amounts of CS I've seen imposed on men I can't blame them from saying fuck it, working for cash, and not paying. It's not like paying what they can honestly afford to pay is going to do them any good as far as CS is concerned. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Add to that if the ones that pay better themselves pay wise the vindictive bitches they were married to will go back to court to get the CS amounts increased....And get it.

With visitation amounting more to dumping kids on the father so the ex can go out and play and most ex-wives polluting the kid's minds with what a loser their dad is it seems to me you reach the point of diminished returns in the Dad dept real quick.

View Quote

The problem with this method is the loser is the kid. If you decide not to pay anything because you can't afford what you are ordered, the kid suffers.

Being a dad isn't about what "returns" you get out of it. It's about being a parent no matter the circumstances. If your ex is a stupid bitch that spends the money on herself, your children will realize that someday. That may make them recognize your commitment, and also cause them to realize what a parental role model is supposed to look like. Maybe that makes them better parents when they get the chance.

And maybe they miss all the signs, believe what mom told them, and hate you. Regardless, you'll know you did what was right and you were a father to your children.  That's all you can do.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless you need the money drop it.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The problem with this method is the loser is the kid. If you decide not to pay anything because you can't afford what you are ordered, the kid suffers.

Being a dad isn't about what "returns" you get out of it. It's about being a parent no matter the circumstances. If your ex is a stupid bitch that spends the money on herself, your children will realize that someday. That may make them recognize your commitment, and also cause them to realize what a parental role model is supposed to look like. Maybe that makes them better parents when they get the chance.

And maybe they miss all the signs, believe what mom told them, and hate you. Regardless, you'll know you did what was right and you were a father to your children.  That's all you can do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry but I view that as claptrap. It does not mean shit to me knowing I am right if I am living in a fucking shoebox in the middle of the road because the ex is getting half of my money.

Your life's work should not be sacrificed because you spawned a kid. The way I see it is if the woman chooses to leave and take the kids with her then she should be responsible for their future welfare.

BTW....Not divorced.....I could not afford it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My understanding is that the monies paid are sent to the state where the distribute to the custodial parent.
It's redistribution of wealth with a court order and the threat of jail time or the embarrassment of being labeled a deadbeat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck

This is EXACTLY why they want you to drop your part. I bet they deem your income high enough that THEY need the money more than you
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Let's just play musical magic chairs with every one's money and create yet another fucking Administrative  Extra Judicial quasi non accountable .gov agency to oversee it that makes the Stazi and IRS look like fucking amateurs. Let's tie everything into it and track every man in the country.....every one. Lets redistribute all the wealth. Let's make up the fucking rules as we go along. Let's indenture men (and some women)  for the rest of their lives. Let's force them into corners from which there is no escape but death....let's fuck with the futures and hope of formally hard working and honest people. And let's come up with a catchy tag line for the offenders.....let's call them "deadbeats".  This will be great for the country.

OP-if you adopted them then support them. Not a single fuck given for your first world tyranny problem. In fact it's people like you that are part of the problem not the solution.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fuck child support and everyone who demands it.
View Quote

Think of it as the long term payment plan for the fuck you already had.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why the hell would you?

"some woman at child support enforcement"  - close your case because you "will never see any money"…

WTF is that? Her opinion?!? Sorry, but your attorney's opinion matters more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the hell would you?

"some woman at child support enforcement"  - close your case because you "will never see any money"…

WTF is that? Her opinion?!? Sorry, but your attorney's opinion matters more.

THIS.

ASK YOUR ATTORNEY HOW TO PROCEED.

Are you sure the caller was what she claimed to be?

Not your spouses buddy?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Do not drop it.

Document the communication, and alert your state's governor, Lt governor, local media, your congressional and senatorial representatives, everybody.

As Hunter S. Thompson said, take no guff from these swine.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Tell her to go fuck herself, and that her boyfriend has to pay no matter what.  
View Quote

This.  Trust me if it was the other way around, they would nail you to the wall.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#39]
My buddy got a divorce this year.
He got the kids.
His ex owes him over $11,000.

His lawyer told him he would never see it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Why are YOU getting child support from your STEP daughter's father?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mother T. Fucker... the sad thing is that I've met a couple of guys in similar situations.
the system is heavily weighted towards the female, especially regarding enforcement of the terms of divorce.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no confidence in the child support agency, when I was paying it for my daughter they were the most lazy, unorganized, didn't have a clue people I have ever talked to, fine examples of public employees.

I sort of painted with a broad brush there and I probably shouldn't have, I just had a horrible case worker, when it came time to cease my child support the paper work was riding her desk instead of being filed with the courts, I got so frustrated with her incompetence I called her supervisor and requested to work through her instead of my case worker...she was just that worthless.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
New here but this struck a nerve. I have paid cs on my kids for 5 years never missed a payment well when the courts finally gave me sole custody (ex is a dope head) and charged her with paying child support 8 years ago do you know how many payments she has made ? ZERO ZIP NADA.    I have sent letters to cs every week for the last 5 years and they have never done anything. The system is set up to screw the man plane and simple one way or the other.
View Quote

Same story here, I paid for six years and have had custody of mine for eight years as well.

Oh well, at this point the leverage over her is worth more than the money anyways.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
[snip

Mother T. Fucker... the sad thing is that I've met a couple of guys in similar situations.
the system is heavily weighted towards the female, especially regarding enforcement of the terms of divorce.
View Quote

There's an understatement if I ever saw one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#46]
The State dropped my child support case against my ex-wife after two years. Hey seized her sizable income tax return one year and then decided that they would not enforce the order against her. She was let off the hook still owing me $15,000. Had the tables been turned I would be missing a kidney or my corneas until I had paid back every penny I owed her.

The kid is now 22 and hasn't seen her since he was four. I got the better end of the deal, as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why the hell would YOU be getting child support for a step-child in the first place?  Shouldn't that be going to your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/other husband in the family?  YOU as a step parent do not have any claim to child support.

ETA:  I see you have said you have custody of the kids.  How the heck does that happen?  Where the hell is mom that SHE cannot have custody?  If the two of you pushed to have his parental rights terminated so you could get custody, man the eff up and take care of the kids yourself.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Becuase "closing" cases is more important than what outcome that case has.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why the hell would YOU be getting child support for a step-child in the first place?  Shouldn't that be going to your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/other husband in the family?  YOU as a step parent do not have any claim to child support.

ETA:  I see you have said you have custody of the kids.  How the heck does that happen?  Where the hell is mom that SHE cannot have custody?  If the two of you pushed to have his parental rights terminated so you could get custody, man the eff up and take care of the kids yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone who wants to raise a child and accepts that responsibility should handle their own shit. There is a lot more to this story, I would guarantee it.

What we are hearing right now is that the "new dad" comes in and takes over custody but wants the "old/bio dad" to pay for his new big screen.

If you went to court and won custody of the children, why do you need - or even want - the other guy's money, if he's such a shithead?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You want us to feel outrage for this guy who screwed a whore, then got screwed by the system?
When I see situations like this, it usually points to an antagonistic ass, who has pissed off everyone around him.
I bet money there are important details you are leaving out of this little love fest.
View Quote

Think what you will.  

Nobody asked for your sympathy,  It is called an example.  Pull the wad out of your panties.
He did screw a royal bitch.  He was with her for 5 years or so.  He left her when she flew a man she met on the net from Sweden to visit/fuck  her while he was at work.

I don't know what details you think I am leaving out.  I have known the guy since school.  He is being fucked by child support,  plain and simple.  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top