Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Senator Ball Organ????
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
skywalker was very common name, origin comes from "AirJordan"
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Obi Wan should have force pushed Vader into the lava flow.  Would have been a lot more merciful than leaving him there to die in agony.

AV1611 out.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
No one knew Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader except for the Jedi - who are all dead except for Obi Wan and Yoda.

Pretty much.  But the couple who adopted Leia (can't remember their names) also knew but they knew better than to ever tell anyone.

Senator Bail Organa.  And you have a Stormtrooper helmet for an avatar?

Fucking owned!

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell your wife:
1) do not meddle in the affairs of Jedi or ask questions  
2) go make me a sammich.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Why is it that Anikin grew up on Tatooine and building things and pod racing, but Luke only ends up "trading power converters" and " bulls-eying womprats with his T-16 in Beggars Canyon"?

Why is it that the Emperor is worried about Luke, who almost gets himself and everybody else killed trying to rescue Han Solo, when Anikin, pre-Darth Vader, would have walked into Jabba's palace, sealed the doors, kill every living thing and then floated Han's body out of there?

Why didn't Darth Vader recognize C3PO, which he built from scratch, at the Cloud City?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The prequels totally screw the flow of the first three movies (star wars, empire, and jedi, those are the first three, dammit!)

At the very beginning of Empire, when the probe droid sends it's message, the FIRST thing Vader says "That's it, the rebels are there and I'm sure Skywalker is with them"

So right there, he knows who he's gunning for and exactly what his name is.

Now consider the additional Special Edition scene when the Emperor calls up Vader in the asteroid field. Vader's dialogue is all "oh wait his name is Skywalker? that's unpossible"
Of course he knew that Luke was his son, he didn't need the Emperor to tell him that.

If you grew up watching the original trilogy, you know there's no real way for alot of the stuff from Episode 1-3 to fit in neatly. I love me some Star Wars, it wa s abig part of my childhood, but Lucas is a sloppy, lazy writer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I just cant get over the fact that the Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers have this supposedly bad ass armor, yet it apparently does nothing to deflect ANYTHING. They die in droves from hits of even the smallest hand-held energy weapons, such as Leia's little princess pistol in New Hope. It just pisses me off.

actually the armor does save lives, and supposedly stops slug throwers (firearms)

if photobucket wasnt a bitch i could show you a scanned pic from the starwars omnibus comics with a gaggle of wounded storm troopers recieving treatment, in the foreground is one with half his helmet melted from a blaster bolt and he sits there with a bandage around his head dribbling blood....the helmet saved his life....there are other troopers in the pic with similar armor to flesh damage disparities....the armor works to save your life, but yer still probably gonna be out of the fight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why is it that Anikin grew up on Tatooine and building things and pod racing, but Luke only ends up "trading power converters" and " bulls-eying womprats with his T-16 in Beggars Canyon"?

Why is it that the Emperor is worried about Luke, who almost gets himself and everybody else killed trying to rescue Han Solo, when Anikin, pre-Darth Vader, would have walked into Jabba's palace, sealed the doors, kill every living thing and then floated Han's body out of there?

Why didn't Darth Vader recognize C3PO, which he built from scratch, at the Cloud City?

All your questions can pretty much be answered by "If you colonize 1/10th of our galaxy, you'de have a metric ass-fuck ton of people."  Luke was just some poor moisture farmer who never tinkered with shit.  Anakin and Luke weren't the same person.  Is your son into EXACTLY the same things as you, or does he like Blue's Clues?  

Take a person with the name "O'brian" and stick them in the most remote, stick-fucking part of Ireland.  Still think it would be easy?  Multiply that by trillions.

Luke is also the weakness in Vader.  Without Vader, the Emperor has no toady to fly across the universe and keep his retarded stormtroopers from shooting each other in the ass.  If Vader had died or been removed from the equation earlier, Luke would have grown strong enough to eventually take on the Emperor himself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Anakin and his mom were slaves, thus no one really tried to learn their last names.  After the first movie, Anakin left Tatooine and his mother, Shmi, was bought from Watto by Cliegg Lars, making her Shmi Lars, step mother to Owen Lars, Luke's uncle.

This then left only a few people to know the Skywalker name, other than Ani leaving to become a Jedi.  Watto eventually passed away, the Jedi were nearly completely wiped out, Luke went to live with his grandpa, uncle and new aunt.

So, by the time Luke grew up, and the setting / time line for Episodes IV, V and VI, the Skywalker name was unknown as those that knew it were either too old and may have forgotten about it, died, or had left Tatooine all together.

Besides, as Obi Wan said in Jedi, "Your father was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."  So with people believing Anakin had died, there was little or no connection made to those on Tatooine with Luke and Anakin having the same last name.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Heres my take on it:

Anakin knew of only one child and believed that the child had died with Padme.

Also in the Prequel movies they determine if you are a Jedi by the mitoclorians in your blood. If Vader could sniff out all the Jedi's it would have turned him into the Emperors Basett Hound, then he would have discovered Leia was his child regardless on how much of a Jedi she was.  

Plus Anakins mother Shimi Skywalker could have still had relatives alive and Anakin wouldn't have known because they were slaves. Since Anakin was conceived by divine intervention and the force.

Vader didn't personally kill Lars and Beru, he just gave the order to find the droids and kill whomever had come in contact with them which led them right to the farm. He wasn't even aware of Luke until ESB.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I read somewhere that uncle Owen was obi wan's brother.  not actually Luke's uncle.  It was a star wars universe web site or something.  I googled it
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Luke was trained to use the Force.  He put out a high level of "Force vibes" that could be easily sensed by Vader.  Leia was totally untrained and had never tried to use the Force at that time in her life.  Leah eventually became a Jedi, but her focus on politics and late start in her training was to the detriment of her Jedi potential.

AV1611 out......

the force is strong with this one
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top