BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If they are willing to support it NOW before it passes, then what is the difference if it doesn't pass. The intent and willingness to capitulate is present.
View Quote
Amen.

Opposing it after it is enacted is meaningless showboating, they need to oppose this sort of legislation before it becomes law or they should be forced to drink from the toilet.

Too bad; I was actually interested in their new XDe, but no more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Fucking joke right there. Glad I don't own a single product of theirs. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an xds, i am not going to sell it....... But springfield or rra will never get another dime from me!  Fuck them both!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#4]
And I have been wanting to pick up a 9mm SA 1911.  Not anymore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This bill could actually die in the IL house.  This might be one of those wink and a nod type things.  It only passed by one vote.  
View Quote
Wink and a nod is never appropriate. Make your position known from the start.

It's no different than when Bush said he'd sign the assault weapon ban renewal if it made it to his desk.
Wink wink nod nod BS is what that was.
I would have made it known that I would NEVER sign any such legislation if it made it to me.

Its like politicians who base their positions on issues based on poll results.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Why were we not already boycotting them over Brazilian junk marketed as if it were produced at the Springfield government arsenal?  Is it because R Lee Ermey said it's okay?

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll wait until more details come out to pass judgement.  

Springfield and RRA donate money to a "firearms manufacturer's assoc." and that assoc. changed position from "opposed" to "no opinion"  on a bill I haven't read the complete details on?  That is what I have so far.  That leaves some questions for me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll wait until more details come out to pass judgement.  

Springfield and RRA donate money to a "firearms manufacturer's assoc." and that assoc. changed position from "opposed" to "no opinion"  on a bill I haven't read the complete details on?  That is what I have so far.  That leaves some questions for me.
View Quote
NRA-ILA is a good enough source for me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How many bangers get their guns via straw purchases?

I'm thinking that is not the primary source.
View Quote
Theft, strawman and Fast and Furious...what are the other options?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What a shame. Noted!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I really wanted a Loaded SA 1911.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess I won't be picking up that TRP Operator...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#14]
9 gun transfers a year?  WTF?  What one gun will I buy after taking delivery of my 8 Garands every year???   Maybe C&R Transfers to your door don't count.

Already wasn't buying any Springfield Armorny or RRA shit...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We've always hated Springfield and RRA.  
View Quote
I love my XD's.  Granted they are made by HS Metals, but they are my favorite pistol.  Guess I will go back the USP.  Love their ergonomics.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#16]
We have a Republican governor in Rauner and this might not even make it through the house....but if it does we will see where he stands on the 2a.  He was kind of wishy washy about it during the election, so I don't trust him one fucking bit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-trade-opposition-to-illinois-ffl-licensing-scheme-for-carve-out/

Earlier today, the Illinois State Senate passed bill SB-1657 by a one-vote margin. While its prospects are still unsure in the House, if signed by Governor Bruce Rauner, the new law will mandate state licensing for all Illinois gun dealers. It will also restrict all others in Illinois to nine firearm transfers per year.

The lobbyist for the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA), Jay Keller, traded that group’s opposition to the bill in exchange for a carve-out, removing Prairie State firearms manufacturers from the licensing requirements.

Two companies provide the bulk of the funding for IFMA: Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms.
View Quote

Never again. And I'll call them and tell them. In fact I just did, 1-800-680-6866. They lost me as a customer. I'll be calling Prairie state next.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Guys get on every forum you can and tie up their phones for the entire day. Text other shooters.....crush them!

Thats how they do, divide and conquer. Think criminals are worried about the Law?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, a custom shop 1911 in .45 and a 10mm 1911 are now off my list.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This bill could actually die in the IL house.  This might be one of those wink and a nod type things.  It only passed by one vote.  

If we are going to boycott them, let's wait and see if it actually becomes law.  If it does, fuck them, don't even wash your car with a SA or RRA t-shirt.
View Quote
If a persons actions indicate they are against me or my beliefs I take action to avoid them; I don't wait until actual harm is done by them before I take action. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#21]
If it passes the house then Rauner needs to veto the hell out of this nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I just called Springfield and Rock River and boy did they get an earful. What? They havnt figured out the divide and conquer strategy yet?

33 years on the streets seeing gangsters get sentences that are a joke over crimes while armed and they want to mess with Law Abiding owners more? Fuck them!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Isn't some sort of guns meeting going on now in ATL?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I have several Springfields. I will not be adding more to the stable. RRA can suck it too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#25]
This seems stupid for a firearms manufacturer to back. Why would they want to limit the amount of firearms they could sell to one person in a whole state? 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Jump on it now or they will sneak it in. They are up to their ass's in bodies in Chicago and figure a useless Law will at least make it appear they are doing something when the facts are they aint. Thats how they do, they pass it on a Fri. with a Holiday on the following Mon. Then they say "Huh"? a lot.

All these cocksuckers do is criminalize Lawful citizens and I'm tired of it. Tie up these god damn phones and let them know how it will hit their stock prices if this POS gets snuck thru.

Were screaming for longer sentences and truth in sentencing for these gangsters and criminals but these Liberal shits are saying its racist and fighting us.

Make these companies pay.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Their industry page might get interesting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
9 gun transfers a year?  WTF?  What one gun will I buy after taking delivery of my 8 Garands every year???   Maybe C&R Transfers to your door don't count.

Already wasn't buying any Springfield Armorny or RRA shit...
View Quote
Don't worry, I couldn't find anything in the bill that limits transfers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This seems stupid for a firearms manufacturer to back. Why would they want to limit the amount of firearms they could sell to one person in a whole state? 
View Quote
Because they got themelves an exemption from some of Illinois anti-gun treatment of gun manufacturers..........untill next time 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Still waiting for equity of rights:

Gays shall be limited to nine contacts with partners per year.

Journalists shall be limited to nine published articles/opinions per year.

Muslims shall be limited to nine prayers per year.

Women shall be limited to nine purchases of purses per year.

Communists shall be limited to nine protests per year.

Etc....
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to boycott Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms like we did S&W?
Yup.
Should be pretty easy.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Never again. And I'll call them and tell them. In fact I just did, 1-800-680-6866. They lost me as a customer. I'll be calling Prairie state next.
View Quote
Had some time so I went ahead and called along with my email...."everyone is at the NRA meeting, I can pass it along that's all I can do".

Me "Springfield just lost a loyal customer"
Them "OK I will pass it along"

Click
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If they are willing to support it NOW before it passes, then what is the difference if it doesn't pass. The intent and willingness to capitulate is present.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck. This. State!  
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Traitors.  Fuck them.  I have a Springfield 1911 in the safe as well and have often suggested them to folks looking for their first 1911.  No more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't own anything from Springfield or RRA and it looks like I never will.

There's a good chance this bill will die in the house. Not sure if Rauner would sign it or not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Glad I own neither.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't care if it dies in the House or not - they chose their side, may they suffer greatly for it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't care if it dies in the House or not - they chose their side, may they suffer greatly for it.
View Quote
True. I like sa 1911's but f them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Guess I will stop by their booth now, not to look at product but to ask if they have buy back programs for what I own of theirs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I never never had anything bad to say about RRA until now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Time to boycott Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms like we did S&W?
View Quote
Indeed.  Time to get out the bandsaw as well
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Talk to the DEA
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Guess I will stop by their booth now, not to look at product but to ask if they have buy back programs for what I own of theirs.
View Quote
Get video of the interaction and post here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Tried posting a comment on Spfld Armorys FB page. Their company has to review your post before they let it go through

Commented on some of there other posts though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Magpul press release from Jan 2014

The company began a nationwide search for a new base of operations after legislation was enacted in Colorado that dramatically limits the sale of firearms accessories – the core of Magpul’s business. Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.  "Moving operations to states that support our culture of individual liberties and personal responsibility is important,” says Richard Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer for Magpul Industries. “This relocation will also improve business operations and logistics as we utilize the strengths of Texas and Wyoming in our expansion.”

link

Of course I realize that Springfield and RRA have large facilities that would be significant to even consider moving.    But you have to wonder if either one looked at options, or they just went directly to the lobbyists.
View Quote
Reese family owns more businesses in Illinois than just Springfield.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup.

My only AR uses a RRA lower and two stage trigger.

Guess I get to go find an Aero lower to match my Aero upper now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I own guns from both companies. But if this is true, and it looks like it is, I won't be adding to the numbers of their guns.

Lots of companies make AR's, lots of companies make polymer pistols, and lots of companies make 1911 clones.

What a shame that 2 IL gun companies would turn tail like this. Les Baer moved the hell out when things got too stupid, right across the river to Iowa.

I like their products, too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tried posting a comment on Spfld Armorys FB page. Their company has to review your post before they let it go through

Commented on some of there other posts though.
View Quote
Check out the FB review section.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I have 6 RRA ARs.  

I'll not buy another one.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top