Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The VHS wins the award for ugliest bullpup.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

No way, it's perfectly utilitarian.  I love the design aesthetic.

As a compromise I offer the Norinco Type 86 or the Bushmaster M17S.  The M17s is basically a gun built around a gutter downspout tube.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No grip zone, no care
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The VHS wins the award for ugliest bullpup.
View Quote

Nah, I think the Kel-Tec RDB Survival gets that award. Now that's ugly!

The VHS has that great dystopian future look I like in a bullpup.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit.  Thought I had enough guns and was DONE.

Wow - I'll buy one.

Looks BADASSSSSSS!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've seen that, too.

Bring it in like that, then pull off the goofy bits and install US-made correct ones for 922R compliance, ship the goofy bits back to Croatia, rinse, repeat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah... I feel like we're in Ford Transit Connect vs the Chicken Tax territory. Ford was recycling passenger seats for years before they got dick slapped.

What's the legality here? Can SA swap the parts before distribution, or does this have to be sold as an abortion gun and converted by consumers?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah... I feel like we're in Ford Transit Connect vs the Chicken Tax territory. Ford was recycling passenger seats for years before they got dick slapped.

What's the legality here? Can SA swap the parts before distribution, or does this have to be sold as an abortion gun and converted by consumers?
View Quote

IIRC they can do that, as long as they meet 922R compliance. IIRC foreign-made AKs like the Zastavas come in in a goofy config like this, and then are unfucked before being sold.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hope that's just the californicated model, or my interest just evaporated quicker than pelosi's mudflaps when the bender hangover kicks in.
View Quote

You're not familiar with import configurations?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope that's just the californicated model, or my interest just evaporated quicker than pelosi's mudflaps when the bender hangover kicks in.
View Quote

This is how all modern semi autos are imported.  It's explicitly done to not get smashed with the 89 import ban criteria.

For stuff like Romanian/Bulgarian AKs, the Belgian SCARs, etc, they go through them and replace imported parts with US versions so it doesn't fail the "no more than 10 imported parts" rule.  Then they can add back the no-no features like pistol grips and normal mags.

If it was destined to be sold in a sporting config, they'd probably make more of an effort so it looks "clean" like the HK SL8.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Will it accept a Fostech Echo? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Sincere question as this is the first time I've heard of the gun.  Aside from being a truly ambi bullpup, is there anything that makes this better than a AUG or X95?  Is it is not better and just different and cool in its own right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sincere question as this is the first time I've heard of the gun.  Aside from being a truly ambi bullpup, is there anything that makes this better than a AUG or X95?  Is it is not better and just different and cool in its own right?
View Quote

It's mostly just different. The ability to swap out the magwells is a neat idea, but who knows if SA plans on offering anything other than the STANAG one. Adjustable LOP is also nifty, I suppose.

I like strange guns, so this piques my interest greatly.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In on a VHS like a 17 year old in his hot high school teacher
View Quote

From all the news articles posted in GD about teachers I think you have that backwards. You’d be on that like a married female teacher on a 15 year old.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

As one of the biggest proponents of the AUG you’ll ever come across, this gun on paper shows a lot of promise. If it can overcome the shortcomings of the AUG and x95, and if it’s reliable then it should be a very popular bull pup option to consider. If not then it will fall into the “cool but not as good” slot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As one of the biggest proponents of the AUG you’ll ever come across, this gun on paper shows a lot of promise. If it can overcome the shortcomings of the AUG and x95, and if it’s reliable then it should be a very popular bull pup option to consider. If not then it will fall into the “cool but not as good” slot.
View Quote

I'm in the same camp. The modularity will make aftermarket parts and support very workable if it proves popular. I'm curious what ideas might be swirling in the head of Sven at Manticore on this one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

As one of the biggest proponents of the AUG you'll ever come across, this gun on paper shows a lot of promise. If it can overcome the shortcomings of the AUG and x95, and if it's reliable then it should be a very popular bull pup option to consider. If not then it will fall into the "cool but not as good" slot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As one of the biggest proponents of the AUG you'll ever come across, this gun on paper shows a lot of promise. If it can overcome the shortcomings of the AUG and x95, and if it's reliable then it should be a very popular bull pup option to consider. If not then it will fall into the "cool but not as good" slot.

That is bold coming from you

I'm all for more firearms designs coming to America, bullpups especially. It would be great to get L85s and FAMAS if only to save them from complete destruction
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm all for more firearms designs coming to America, bullpups especially. It would be great to get L85s and FAMAS if only to save them from complete destruction
View Quote

Yeah - I'm hoping against hope that we get FAMAS parts kits, but I recognize the chances are slim. It was nice to see the CETME Ls and LCs get saved, so the precedent is there...
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks cool, can't see any reason to buy one over a long list of other cool guns I don't need.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks cool, can't see any reason to buy one over a long list of other cool guns I don't need.
View Quote
ok
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]
FINALLY!

Took ‘em long enough.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah - I'm hoping against hope that we get FAMAS parts kits, but I recognize the chances are slim. It was nice to see the CETME Ls and LCs get saved, so the precedent is there...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You never know! I still vividly remember in 2010 when folks here laughed at the idea of the Tavor ever coming to the US. Then two years later the first SARs were making it into the hands of even the naysayers
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#25]
SA is on a roll right now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Between this and the SA-35 I'm going to chuck a wad of cash at SA this year.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#27]
This is apparently a leaked photo of the production gun - to be called the Hellion.

Attachment Attached File

I don't much like the Magpul-ish grip, but otherwise? Be silent, and accept this cash.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is apparently a leaked photo of the production gun - to be called the Hellion.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51323/271857130_5172279439471784_2263142625462-2238256.JPG

I don't much like the Magpul-ish grip, but otherwise? Be silent, and accept this cash.
View Quote

Looks like it takes any AR grip.  Very cool.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Big time.  I wonder if they had some management shake-up?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51323/271857130_5172279439471784_2263142625462-2238256.JPG

View Quote

Sweet. Looks like they're allowing for AR grip swaps and the handguard looks to have MLOK slots and QD points.

Can't tell what barrel length though.. 18" still?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sweet. Looks like they're allowing for AR grip swaps and the handguard looks to have MLOK slots and QD points.

Can't tell what barrel length though.. 18" still?
View Quote

16", IIRC. (The K-model carbine guns are 16.1")
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

See a normal person would automatically assume this is what their teaser is about. But then we're reminded that the ATC exists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFRBgkQsMe0

Springfield.. should future owners print out their return labels for repairs in advance?

See a normal person would automatically assume this is what their teaser is about. But then we're reminded that the ATC exists.

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

My pants are tight
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, it’s a BCM grip, but the angle that it mounts it is almost ridiculous

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I see an AR-compatible grip, MLOK handguard, maybe a QD cup at the front of the handguard and back of the stock? (could be another takedown pin). If the muzzle device is threaded onto a normal 1/2x28" thread then the only thing that isn't perfect is the gas plug (only on/off for rifle grenades on originals) which I'd like to see replaced by a multi-position gas plug for suppressor use and ammo tuning.

I'm happy they kept the very nice backup iron sights. I was worried they'd dump those in an effort to make it cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You're not familiar with import configurations?
View Quote
I am, I just wasn't sure how much, if any, effort they were going to be put in to deban them. The leaked photo says "enough", but that grip angle's kind of odd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Appears to be legit...note the logo above the name on the stock, appears to match the logo on the stack of VHS tapes from the teaser.

The grip looks awkard...something about the angle on receiver where the grip butts up against it. I'd almost prefer the XDM-ish looking grip all the Croat guns have.

Also looks like interchangeable magwells are still a possibility based on the pin at the front of it. I wonder if SA is going to use this platform to get into the PCC game? Especially coupled with the new 35 round XDM Elite mags.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Appears to be legit...note the logo above the name on the stock, appears to match the logo on the stack of VHS tapes from the teaser.

The grip looks awkard...something about the angle on receiver where the grip butts up against it. I'd almost prefer the XDM-ish looking grip all the Croat guns have.

Also looks like interchangeable magwells are still a possibility based on the pin at the front of it. I wonder if SA is going to use this platform to get into the PCC game? Especially coupled with the new 35 round XDM Elite mags.
View Quote

Looks like they made it so that a normal AR grip angle would be comfortable and not raked back too far. Does look weird though, maybe there's somewhere that'll sell the original style grip.

6.5 Grendel conversions would be neat. So would 7.62x39 using AK mags.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Sort of want. Their marketing department is doing good work IMO
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Looks like they made it so that a normal AR grip angle would be comfortable and not raked back too far. Does look weird though, maybe there's somewhere that'll sell the original style grip.

6.5 Grendel conversions would be neat. So would 7.62x39 using AK mags.
View Quote

Yeah - I think it's just the angle that looks odd.

Hopefully someone does an OEM-style grip for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like something from the expanse or a cyberpunk novel, so I'm interested
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bullpups
View Quote

Agreed. There isn't a bullpup that has been made or even considered that I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah - I think it's just the angle that looks odd.

Hopefully someone does an OEM-style grip for it.
View Quote

That grip angle kills the aesthetics for me, but someone will be along shortly to remedy that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sort of want. Their marketing department is doing good work IMO
View Quote

Yeah hopefully they don't all get neckbearded like the SA-35s were because they can't keep up with demand again.

I'm sure these will be less popular though because of the anti-bullpup bigot crowd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow, something other than an AR hitting the market. Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Now they just need to come through on the price like they did with the SA-35.

Any bets on what the scalped/Gunbroker price of the initial releases will be? $3k?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The angle of that grip is way to vertical for the LoP
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#49]
If true, I will sell my ass on the street corner for one.   I dont know why, but the VHS has been a grail gun for years.  I even offered an obnoxious price for a parts kit... obnoxious.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If true, I will sell my ass on the street corner for one.   I dont know why, but the VHS has been a grail gun for years.  I even offered an obnoxious price for a parts kit... obnoxious.
View Quote

I haven't been this excited about buying a new VHS since the 1990s!
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top