Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Mars Blackmon was his best work

all down the hill of self-importance since then
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You know what pisses me off?  Blacks made LOTS of contributions to the war efforts, and we've made some great movies about it (Tuskegee Airmen come to mind).  Yet this ass hat has to resort to race baiting and over all whining.  

You're a director fuckwad, go make a movie about it if you think someone's being ignored.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I dont want to watch a bunch of guys driving and unloading trucks the whole time

It's funny to me because it's true , not racist

However, Patton did have all black tank regiment that fought very bravely.  
Most drove trucks since the Army didn't want them to fight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You know what pisses me off?  Blacks made LOTS of contributions to the war efforts, and we've made some great movies about it (Tuskegee Airmen come to mind).  Yet this ass hat has to resort to race baiting and over all whining.  

You're a director fuckwad, go make a movie about it if you think someone's being ignored.

"Tuskegee Airmen" sucked donkey balls.
"We live in the air.  We die by fire!!!"
Pure dreck and drivel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont want to watch a bunch of guys driving and unloading trucks the whole time

It's funny to me because it's true , not racist

However, Patton did have all black tank regiment that fought very bravely.  
Most drove trucks since the Army didn't want them to fight.

Red Ball Express, IIRC.

The Army definitely led the way in putting black soldiers into combat and integrating the military.

Plenty of amazing (and true) stories there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Fu#k spike lee
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whether the esteemed Mr. Lee wants to come to terms with it or not, African Americans were NOT always a major factor in everything. Were they on Iwo Jima? YES. Was Flags of Our Fathers a story about the experiences of black troops on Iwo Jima? NO.
I believe in giving any group their due, but MANUFACTURING the importance of (insert minority group here) in a historical context just to placate them? No. Tell it like it was. Period.

I'm reminded of "Force Ten From Navarone" and how they threw Carl Weathers in there at the last moment.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love when liberals attack each other.

Clint is a conservative last I checked.

A libertarian, actually.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Pardon the low post count, but I am the OP...

So no one is going to address my question about the convenient coincidence that during Spikes race baiting he's wearing an Obama t-shirt?

'lo?
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Who is Spike Lee? The name sounds oriental.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love when liberals attack each other.

Clint is a conservative last I checked.

A libertarian, actually.

Is there an echo in here?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#12]
This is not exactly Spike's debut at saying outragous things to get attention for his 3rd rate flicks. WHen he made "Summer of Sam" about the Son Of Sam .44 caliber killer that terrorized NYC, He went after Charlton Heston, saying that he hoped someone shot the NRA spokesman with a .44 caliber pistol!

Basically Spike Lee is dogshit....

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Anyone remember when Spike lee sued the "Spike" channel for copyright infringement ... on his name.... The guy is a tool.

eta Just so no one thinks I am bullshitting
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Whether the esteemed Mr. Lee wants to come to terms with it or not, African Americans were NOT always a major factor in everything. Were they on Iwo Jima? YES. Was Flags of Our Fathers a story about the experiences of black troops on Iwo Jima? NO.
I believe in giving any group their due, but MANUFACTURING the importance of (insert minority group here) in a historical context just to placate them? No. Tell it like it was. Period.

My god that's well put
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Personally I'm glad that Spike Lee is there to constantly remind me that I'm an Evil White Man and single handedly at fault for everything that happens to the Black Community like crack, incarceration numbers, teenage pregnancy, school drop-out rates, and insufficient welfare payments.  Thank you Spike Lee.  Otherwise I might have blamed individuals for the deliberate choices they make in life.  What was I thinking?
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Spike Lee should call Forrest Whitaker and ask him how racist Clint Eastwood is.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My god that's well put
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted: Whether the esteemed Mr. Lee wants to come to terms with it or not, African Americans were NOT always a major factor in everything. Were they on Iwo Jima? YES. Was Flags of Our Fathers a story about the experiences of black troops on Iwo Jima? NO.
My god that's well put
Speaking as an immigrant, my opinion is that America would have been better off if blacks were never here. Have you been to Africa lately?!?! Also, blacks should thank God that their ancestors were brought here as slaves. Today they are free men because of white folks in the military, otherwise they'd still be living in Africa. Looks like they're still burning witches in Africa. news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7413268.stm
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Spike Lee should call Forrest Whitaker and ask him how racist Clint Eastwood is.

Then he can call Morgan Freeman aka Ned...friendship

Fuck Spike Lee

Forgot to mention that Clint is a jazz musician at nature and has probably become friends with and earned the respect of far more black men than Spike could ever hope to accomplish....well at least the decent black people.     I'm personally not a racist. I generally do not like anyone regardless of color or religion, includeing blood relations. I learned in the corp that respect is earned. And all real men are green
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Spike Lee is a racist
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#21]
If I said what I think of Spike Lee, I'd get banned.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Spike Lee gets in Clint Eastwood's line of fire

Paul Lewis
Friday June 6, 2008
The Guardian

'A guy like him should shut his face' - Clint Eastwood on Spike Lee.

Clint Eastwood has advised rival film director Spike Lee to "shut his face" after the African-American complained about the racial make-up of Eastwood's films.

In an interview with the Guardian published today, Eastwood rejected Lee's complaint that he had failed to include a single African-American soldier in his films Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima, both about the 1945 battle for the Japanese island.

In typically outspoken language, Eastwood justified his choice of actors, saying that those black troops who did take part in the battle as part of a munitions company didn't raise the flag. The battle is known by the image of US marines raising the American flag on Mount Suribachi.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#23]
He filmed the move in Iceland. I wonder how many African-Icelanders were available as extras ?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Spike Lee sucks and is jealous.  He is also a racist that has contributed pretty much nothing to film besides hot air and garbage.

Maybe one day he'll put out enough crap that when added together it might all have grossed about half of one Eastwood's films.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure Clint Eastwood doesn't care what Spike Lee says or thinks.

There was a black armored unit that served courageously in the the European theatre that would be good fodder for a WWII film. I wouldn't want Spike Lee to make it though.

761st Tank Battalion

Morgan Freeman is supposed to be working on a movie about the 761st.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Its a war movie. I dont want to watch a bunch of guys driving and unloading trucks the whole time, regardlesss of color.  Granted they did a important part, but everyone did.  Does some old lady need to be in the movie too because she saved some bacon grease?

Watch "Redball Express"
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:52:46 AM EDT
[#27]

incredible  this lawn jockey looks like spike lee
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top