[ARCHIVED THREAD] - Spec Ops Pic Thread (Page 36 of 68)
|
Quoted:
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/487271.jpg Twelve Critical Skills Operators with 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion, U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Special Operations Command, and the widow and father of Staff Sgt. Charles I. Cartwright pose for a photo after an awards ceremony at 1st MSOB headquarters aboard Camp Pendleton Nov. 10, 2011. Ten 1st MSOB Marines received Bronze Star Medals and two received Silver Star Medals on the 236th Marine Corps birthday for their heroism in Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Kyle McNally) http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/5977959548_73b4880d27_o.jpg Sgt. Ryan Strickland receiving the MARSOC NCO/Critical Skills Operator of the Year award from Gen. Dunford. Marine Corps Association and Foundation hosted the 8th Annual Ground Awards Dinner on Thursday, 5 May 2011 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. Co-hosted by HQMC Plans, Policies and Operations (PP&O) Division, the dinner served as the opportunity to recognize the professional achievements of the top performing officers and enlisted Marines in the ground community during 2010 and featured General Joseph F. Dunford, Jr, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps as the guest speaker and senior awards presenter. Wonder what kind of NODs he has on his helmet. |
|
Quoted:
Wonder what kind of NODs he has on his helmet. Quoted:
Quoted:
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/487271.jpg Twelve Critical Skills Operators with 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion, U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Special Operations Command, and the widow and father of Staff Sgt. Charles I. Cartwright pose for a photo after an awards ceremony at 1st MSOB headquarters aboard Camp Pendleton Nov. 10, 2011. Ten 1st MSOB Marines received Bronze Star Medals and two received Silver Star Medals on the 236th Marine Corps birthday for their heroism in Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Kyle McNally) http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/5977959548_73b4880d27_o.jpg Sgt. Ryan Strickland receiving the MARSOC NCO/Critical Skills Operator of the Year award from Gen. Dunford. Marine Corps Association and Foundation hosted the 8th Annual Ground Awards Dinner on Thursday, 5 May 2011 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. Co-hosted by HQMC Plans, Policies and Operations (PP&O) Division, the dinner served as the opportunity to recognize the professional achievements of the top performing officers and enlisted Marines in the ground community during 2010 and featured General Joseph F. Dunford, Jr, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps as the guest speaker and senior awards presenter. Wonder what kind of NODs he has on his helmet.
|
|
Dude's NODs scream Tier 1. Delta or DEVGRU? |
|
Quoted:
Dude's NODs scream Tier 1. Delta or DEVGRU? Quoted:
Dude's NODs scream Tier 1. Delta or DEVGRU? Google has your answers. |
|
Quoted:
Google has your answers. Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude's NODs scream Tier 1. Delta or DEVGRU? Google has your answers. That sucks. |
|
Quoted:
Google has your answers. Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude's NODs scream Tier 1. Delta or DEVGRU? Google has your answers. For anyone that can't find it, sad story: http://hamptonroads.com/2014/01/investigation-no-one-fault-seal-jump-death |
|
Quoted:
I am half tempted to start a trading card business for Special Forces. Personally, i think that is a great idea. I would recommend that you donate a portion of the profits to the families of the fallen. I like the idea a lot, because it reminds kids (and adults) of who the real heroes of this country are,( and NOT some millionaire-athlete that caught a charge for possession & assault but scored 40 points in one game). Anyway- sorry for my rant. |
Nothing like hemming up a few bad guys before lunch to work up an appetite. Day time hits were not the norm. Time sensitive targets were exactly that....only in a specific place for a specific time. These guys thought they where in safe place...they were wrong. My prayers go out this morning to America's silent warriors still at the "tip of the spear" taking care of business for us all. God bless the USA! |
|
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/VSsVgNi.jpg Nothing like hemming up a few bad guys before lunch to work up an appetite. Day time hits were not the norm. Time sensitive targets were exactly that....only in a specific place for a specific time. These guys thought they where in safe place...they were wrong. My prayers go out this morning to America's silent warriors still at the "tip of the spear" taking care of business for us all. God bless the USA! Goes with the SAD/SOG implications. I suppose there probably are other "governmental units" that are non-military to which he could be referring. But did they go around capturing and kidnapping terrorists? He probably was an agency contractor. He got around and appeared to have a good time in any event, and I appreciate his service. |
|
Quoted:
Dude's NODs scream Tier 1. Delta or DEVGRU? Quoted:
Dude's NODs scream Tier 1. Delta or DEVGRU? You can ascertain by looking at his uniform, weapon & suppressor that he is with ST6. |
|
The guys in the last pic have to be from the UK. Lol |
|
Quoted:
The guys in the last pic have to be from the UK. Lol Quoted:
The guys in the last pic have to be from the UK. Lol 3rd Special Forces Group from Ft Bragg.
|
|
|
Quoted: 3rd Special Forces Group from Ft Bragg. ![]() Quoted: Quoted: The guys in the last pic have to be from the UK. Lol 3rd Special Forces Group from Ft Bragg. ![]() Yeah I got nothing either. ![]() |
|
Quoted:
Accountant looking Larry Vickers in Bosnia Herzegovina 1995-97 http://i.imgur.com/1yhoDHq.jpg Hey homes that's a gnarly polo bro and that jacket now that's what I'm talking about. |
|
Quoted: Hey homes that's a gnarly polo bro and that jacket now that's what I'm talking about. Quoted: Hey homes that's a gnarly polo bro and that jacket now that's what I'm talking about. He looks like a peewee football coach sans clipboard, visor hat, and a whistle. ![]() |
|
Quoted:
Hey homes that's a gnarly polo bro and that jacket now that's what I'm talking about. Quoted:
Quoted:
Accountant looking Larry Vickers in Bosnia Herzegovina 1995-97 http://i.imgur.com/1yhoDHq.jpg Hey homes that's a gnarly polo bro and that jacket now that's what I'm talking about. I see what you did there. |
|
Quoted:
I dont remember if these have been posted before, so excuse them if they are reposts. Billy Waugh on the left http://i.imgur.com/rbnA0UU.jpg Accountant looking Larry Vickers in Bosnia Herzegovina 1995-97 http://i.imgur.com/1yhoDHq.jpg I believe this is the mission that Madison Strohmeier (Not sure on the name) parachuted with Billy, and was separated from the others. His equipment was found scattered sometime later after a hell of a fight. I think this was the 1st or 2d HALO mission in NVN. |
|
Quoted:
He looks like a peewee football coach sans clipboard, visor hat, and a whistle.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Accountant looking Larry Vickers in Bosnia Herzegovina 1995-97 http://i.imgur.com/1yhoDHq.jpg Hey homes that's a gnarly polo bro and that jacket now that's what I'm talking about. He looks like a peewee football coach sans clipboard, visor hat, and a whistle.
|
|
Quoted:
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SOF0407.jpg http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SWCC0407.png VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Feb. 4, 2010): Special warfare combatant-craft crewmen conduct an open-ocean swim in near-freezing temperatures. Training in these conditions is essential for special warfare missions in similar weather. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Tim Miller) Gotta say, the 2nd pic seems staged. Suits are not wet except where they waded in. Belts and everything else are dry. Should be water beading off the velcro patches on the shoulders at least. I have the same suit, wore it for many years, it dosent come out of the water dry like that. Nope, no idea why it would be staged, just my opinion as someone who recognizes and has worked with almost half the people in the modern Navy pics in this thread. Edit: And is in 2 pics so far I seen here. |
|
Quoted: I believe this is the mission that Madison Strohmeier (Not sure on the name) parachuted with Billy, and was separated from the others. His equipment was found scattered sometime later after a hell of a fight. I think this was the 1st or 2d HALO mission in NVN. Quoted: Quoted: I dont remember if these have been posted before, so excuse them if they are reposts. Billy Waugh on the left http://i.imgur.com/rbnA0UU.jpg Accountant looking Larry Vickers in Bosnia Herzegovina 1995-97 http://i.imgur.com/1yhoDHq.jpg I believe this is the mission that Madison Strohmeier (Not sure on the name) parachuted with Billy, and was separated from the others. His equipment was found scattered sometime later after a hell of a fight. I think this was the 1st or 2d HALO mission in NVN. Word was Strolhein broke his arm after falling into a tree. He couldn't free himself and the NVA showed up and they shot it out for a while. Billy found scattered brass and Madison's gear all over the place but nothing that suggested he was KIA. Fucking tragic; he probably died of his wounds or those commies tortured him to death seeing as no unit markings and classified equipment meant SOG recon types weren't protected under the Geneva Convention and were treated as spies. ![]() RIP Sgt. Madison Strolhein. ![]() |
|
Quoted:
Gotta say, the 2nd pic seems staged. Suits are not wet except where they waded in. Belts and everything else are dry. Should be water beading off the velcro patches on the shoulders at least. I have the same suit, wore it for many years, it dosent come out of the water dry like that. Nope, no idea why it would be staged, just my opinion as someone who recognizes and has worked with almost half the people in the modern Navy pics in this thread. Edit: And is in 2 pics so far I seen here. Quoted:
Quoted:
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SOF0407.jpg http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SWCC0407.png VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Feb. 4, 2010): Special warfare combatant-craft crewmen conduct an open-ocean swim in near-freezing temperatures. Training in these conditions is essential for special warfare missions in similar weather. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Tim Miller) Gotta say, the 2nd pic seems staged. Suits are not wet except where they waded in. Belts and everything else are dry. Should be water beading off the velcro patches on the shoulders at least. I have the same suit, wore it for many years, it dosent come out of the water dry like that. Nope, no idea why it would be staged, just my opinion as someone who recognizes and has worked with almost half the people in the modern Navy pics in this thread. Edit: And is in 2 pics so far I seen here. They are just entering the water. Their fins are already on so they are walking backwards into the surf. |
|
Quoted:
They are just entering the water. Their fins are already on so they are walking backwards into the surf. Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SOF0407.jpg http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SWCC0407.png VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Feb. 4, 2010): Special warfare combatant-craft crewmen conduct an open-ocean swim in near-freezing temperatures. Training in these conditions is essential for special warfare missions in similar weather. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Tim Miller) Gotta say, the 2nd pic seems staged. Suits are not wet except where they waded in. Belts and everything else are dry. Should be water beading off the velcro patches on the shoulders at least. I have the same suit, wore it for many years, it dosent come out of the water dry like that. Nope, no idea why it would be staged, just my opinion as someone who recognizes and has worked with almost half the people in the modern Navy pics in this thread. Edit: And is in 2 pics so far I seen here. They are just entering the water. Their fins are already on so they are walking backwards into the surf. You would think that someone who has the same suit would know what they are talking about. |
|
Quoted:
Mental lapse. I never swam out to a boat as a start, always from a boat to shore. Get out of the surf zone and then swim whatever distance you want while paralleling the shore. Don't miss that shit at all...especially in the winter while wearing a dry/TLS suit. |
[ARCHIVED THREAD] - Spec Ops Pic Thread (Page 36 of 68)
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter































faces?





























