Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just watched it from my backyard!

I was going to, but forgot.

You must be doing better than we are slightly north. I stepped out a couple minutes prior, and there were nothing but a bunch of useless, impotent thunderheads that direction, anyway.

I'm in Ocala, so Northwest of the site.  Theres a few spotty clouds here.  But apparently not where the Shuttle was, because I walked out 3 minutes after liftoff and the entire smoke trail was clear as could be.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
bumperooni
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be doing better than we are slightly north. I stepped out a couple minutes prior, and there were nothing but a bunch of useless, impotent thunderheads that direction, anyway.

I'm in Ocala, so Northwest of the site.  Theres a few spotty clouds here.  But apparently not where the Shuttle was, because I walked out 3 minutes after liftoff and the entire smoke trail was clear as could be.

I am in Jax, no clouds in the way here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know where you are.

I'm near Gainesville. When I went out, I felt like the Ray Charles picture that people post occasionally.

"I can't see shit!"
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm near Gainesville. When I went out, I felt like the Ray Charles picture that people post occasionally.

"I can't see shit!"

Heh, you probably saw that big white fluffy cloud that was directly to the left of the launch from my vantage point.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Me too!

Made the comment to my wife that I find it interesting to be able to watch people being launched into space as a common (if one would consider something like that common) event.

Living along the coast and an hour south of the launch pad all my life, I've seen a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I can't see shit!"

Heh, you probably saw that big white fluffy cloud that was directly to the left of the launch from my vantage point.  

Probably.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
on NASA TV right now.

2 Astronauts on EVA and the new module being attached to the station
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
on NASA TV right now.

2 Astronauts on EVA and the new module being attached to the station

interesting

thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't believe I missed it.  I'm in Lakeland, and would have drove there to watch, but I had to sit in a boring MSHA class instead.  Since I'm from SD and will only be here for a few months, I was really hoping to be able to watch that.  Guess I'll have to check on their website and see if there's another launch scheduled for this summer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#11]
lol

they're showing something that is exactly like the HAL9000

eta:
tried a 'print screen' but the video part remains blank
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#12]
So is that where the Andromeda strain is being held?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top